Vinyl Help!!

My first post ever on this Forum thing. (Apologies ahead if I screw anything up)
Looking for advice....
A guy I'm talking to is looking to sell me some PJ vinyl.
He gave me a ballpark and said that I could negotiate more depending on how many I pick up.
Are these prices any good? What should I be looking at here?

No Code - $150
Yield - $150
Binaural - $200
Riot Act - $200

Any help is much appreciated!!

Comments

• drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    Binaural is real good... Riot Act seems good...No Code seems good... Yield seems fair. If they're all in great shape and you could get the 4 for say... $600 that would be a steal I think.
  • JM45667JM45667 Posts: 185
    All pretty good to me... If they are in very good condition or better.
  • junghirejunghire Posts: 25
    Oops!

All are original presses, opened, in near mint condition (all inserts, sleeves, etc. included)
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    Yep those are good prices for sure
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,399
    Binaural for $200 is a real good price.
  • Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,225
    edited July 2015
    Horrible prices, you should give me his email to tell him. ;)
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • PABLINHOPABLINHO Posts: 221
    Watch they are not the coloured versions
    PABLINHO said:

Watch they are not the coloured versions

Good call. I don't believe there's a bootleg riot act yet but there are definitely coloured Yield,Binaural and No Codes out.
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
    Oh ok!...thank you, didn't realize about the colored versions.

Does anyone think that future rereleases would depreciate the value of the original presses?
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    junghire said:

Does anyone think that future rereleases would depreciate the value of the original presses?

Yes a little but I really don't think Binaural or Riot Act will be reissued anytime soon.
  • TH113769TH113769 Posts: 434
    My $.02 - I would offer $600 and pull the trigger even if your offer gets denied. Binaural is a $260 LP in EX shape right now on the bay and Riot Act keeps in going up more and more. Yield is the one that is "just ok" in price but if you bundle and save you have a great deal and great vinyl to be played loud!
    92 - Phoenix; 93 - Mesa; 95 - Phoenix; 98 - Phoenix; 2000- Phoenix; 2003 - San Diego, Las Vegas, Phoenix; 2006 - Denver 1, Denver 2, Las Vegas, San Diego;  2009 - Chicago 1, Chicago 2, San Diego; 2013 - Phoenix, San Diego, LA 1, LA 2, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle; 2014 - Detroit, Moline, Milwaukee, Denver; 2016 - Ft Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Wrigley 1 and 2; 2018 - Amsterdam 1&2, Pinkpop, London1, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Werchter, Barca, Missoula, Chicago 1&2, Boston 1&2.

junghire said:

Yes a little but I really don't think Binaural or Riot Act will be reissued anytime soon.
    None of the ones in question have been officially reissued but there are coloured bootlegs of Yield No Code and Binaural.
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    Horse2345 said:

junghire said:

None of the ones in question have been officially reissued but there are coloured bootlegs of Yield No Code and Binaural.
    I know that. I'm just holding out hope the first two get reissued soon. Love me some Jack in the studio.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    As long as it's not the guy on Facebook or wherever who's been ripping ppl off, I'd say go for it!
    Thanks for all the help guys! I really appreciate it!!

Last question:
    How many of you actually listen to your rare vinyl?? (What's the "rule" with that?)
  • tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,923
    junghire said:

Last question:
    How many of you actually listen to your rare vinyl?? (What's the "rule" with that?)

Spin the black circle. You only live once!

But that's just me, I'd much rather experience/do things/enjoy life, than worry about keeping something in mint condition just to say I own something.
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited July 2015
    junghire said:

Last question:

I would never force a record to go unplayed. ;) If i have them then they are getting played (well, excluding duplicates that fall my way or something... but hopefully those move.on to those who will play them pretty quick). Otherwise there would be no point for me. And spinning them doesn't ruin them. Handling them poorly does. If you treat them carefully, store them right, keep them clean, use a decent stylus, amd have your tonearm balanced properly, then they should basically sound perfect forever no matter how much you play them (within reason).
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    junghire said:

Last question:

The only rule is YOUR rule.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    I spin everything---whether it's rare or not.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    My Benaroya set has been logging some serious RPMs this summer as well as my newly acquired Beatles OPs.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • jrock60jrock60 Posts: 76
    You have to play them or its poinless imo
    I'll ride the wave...
    I spin everything. A friend thought I was crazy for spinning my Benny - you only live once. Spin the black / burgundy circle!!
    92 - Phoenix; 93 - Mesa; 95 - Phoenix; 98 - Phoenix; 2000- Phoenix; 2003 - San Diego, Las Vegas, Phoenix; 2006 - Denver 1, Denver 2, Las Vegas, San Diego;  2009 - Chicago 1, Chicago 2, San Diego; 2013 - Phoenix, San Diego, LA 1, LA 2, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle; 2014 - Detroit, Moline, Milwaukee, Denver; 2016 - Ft Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Wrigley 1 and 2; 2018 - Amsterdam 1&2, Pinkpop, London1, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Werchter, Barca, Missoula, Chicago 1&2, Boston 1&2.
    PJ_Soul said:

junghire said:

Last question:

I would never force a record to go unplayed. ;) If i have them then they are getting played (well, excluding duplicates that fall my way or something... but hopefully those move.on to those who will play them pretty quick). Otherwise there would be no point for me. And spinning them doesn't ruin them. Handling them poorly does. If you treat them carefully, store them right, keep them clean, use a decent stylus, amd have your tonearm balanced properly, then they should basically sound perfect forever no matter how much you play them (within reason).
    ^^ PJ Soul is 100% correct - treat your vinyl with care and it will treat you with care.
    Thanks everyone!!!
    All of your help and advice was greatly appreciated.....only further confirmed my strongly felt notion that PJ fans are the best in the world.

I decided to go with No Code and Yield....with shipping and insurance they came to an even $320. Just couldn't justify the other expenses at this time. (I guess I'll be like the rest and just wait out for the rereleases...........)
    But heck, now I have my favorite PJ albums on vinyl! Which I will spin!!! haha
    Thanks again guys!!
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604

Yep those are good prices for sure

• MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    gimme Binaural
  • JustaPJFanJustaPJFan Posts: 710
    junghire said:

Thanks everyone!!!
    All of your help and advice was greatly appreciated.....only further confirmed my strongly felt notion that PJ fans are the best in the world.

I decided to go with No Code and Yield....with shipping and insurance they came to an even $320. Just couldn't justify the other expenses at this time. (I guess I'll be like the rest and just wait out for the rereleases...........)
    But heck, now I have my favorite PJ albums on vinyl! Which I will spin!!! haha
    Thanks again guys!!

Hook me up with this guy!!!
    Sorry guys....they're already gone. He had people lined up for them :(