*** Amsterdam 2 Fanviews Here 6/17/14 ***

124»

Comments

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136

23scidoo said:

never enough..strong emotions

http://youtu.be/dw1b7jO8Uz4

I could look at Mike play all day long

"...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Boot sounds good - bump
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • 3 highlights edited together:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43c83dCaoeE
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

3 highlights edited together:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43c83dCaoeE

awesome!!!
  • RideRickRideRick Hoorn Posts: 703
    AMSTERDAM 2 was again the better show.
    What a night, wat a setlist.
    Nice upfront with some little mexican girls before me on Mike's side.
    I'm one of the view Dutch people who isn't above the 6 foot line..

| Pinkpop 1992 *BEST EVER | Rotterdam 1993 | Amsterdam 1996 | Pinkpop 2000 | Arnhem 2006 | Nijmegen 2007 | Rotterdam 2009 | Nijmegen 2010 | Amsterdam I + II 2012 ** | Amsterdam Eddie Vedder Solo 2012 First European Concert *EPIC*| Amsterdam I + II 2014 | Amsterdam Eddie Vedder Solo 2016 night I  | Amsterdam I + II 2018 | Amsterdam I -> Canceled  +  II 2022 *EPIC
  • nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348
    i liked night 1 better myself
    '98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808

My wife and 9-year old daughter made the trip from Ireland to Amsterdam for both shows this week. Before we left on Saturday, my wife received a call from her parents informing her that her Grandpa was not "doing well" and would probably not "last long". So needless to say, he was in our minds and hearts on Monday night. Especially when Pearl Jam then proceed to play Sirens, Light Years and Comeback. All of which resonate as truly emotional songs. We left Monday night happy and fortunate to be "in the house" with PJ. After a much needed rest, we then made our way to the Ziggo dome for night two. While waiting for the band to come out, my wife was casually glancing at her phone to pass the time when she says, "hey Justin, look", (points to phone screen) It was an email from her sister in the US that simply stated, "Grandpa is gone." Meanwhile, my little inquisitive daughter who is wedged between us, asks, "What, what, what's going on, what are you guys looking at"? Between her mother's teared up eyes and my concerned look, she knew something was wrong, my wife and I both said, "Old Guy has passed away". So there we were, at a sold out show 5000 miles away from where we were born, all crying before the boys even come out. There are two ways this could have turned out, good or bad. We collectively as a family pulled together to have a fantastic time. The bands energy and raw emotion failed to let us feel any other way. And to be honest, I can't remember a better show from PJ. When they played Sirens and Just Breathe we all looked at each other and knew who words were for. They even played the mother-daughter-father trilogy. It blew my mind. In conclusion, I want to thank Pearl Jam for helping our family through this most difficult time. It's Hard to Imagine - but thank you so much.

what an experience for you and your loved ones. I'm welling up reading about this. good for you for enjoying the show for "The old guy".

Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    It was a night we will never forget, it was pure magic.
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,412
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • emjotemjot Posts: 2,722
    I'm also listening to the bootleg, watching all my photos, done the same thing last night. Oh, how I wish to go back
    PJ * 2010 * Belfast * 2012 * Manchester 1 * Manchester 2 * Berlin 1 * Berlin 2 * 2014 * Amsterdam 1 * Amsterdam 2 * Berlin * Leeds * Milton Keynes *
    EV * 2012 * Manchester * London 1 * London 2 * 2017 * Dublin * Cork *