"Given to fly" tattoo

Hi everyone from Italy!!!
I will be in San Diego in November and I was thinking about getting a tattoo there. My first PJ tattoo!!
First question: do you know any good tattoo shop in SD?
Second question: I'd like to have the sentence " a human being that was given to fly" tattooed on my back with the same font as in Yield booklet. Do you know where I can find that font or the whole sentence? I've looked everywhere but can't find it :(
Thanks everyone!!!!!
Annarita

Comments

• JSBachJSBach Posts: 108
    Ciao, intendi questo font?

LK
    Sift everything, hold on to what is good!
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,474
    edited September 2014
    It's in the Yield booklet, as you mentioned. Is the problem that you don't have the booklet? If you do, just bring it to the tattoo artist. A good one should be able to work it out.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • adizetaadizeta Posts: 16
    JSBach said:

LK

Esattamente, però volevo anche quello che dice prima...mi sa che devo "crearmelo" io!

PJ_Soul, I have it, of course, I guess I'll have to create the whole sentence myself..
    adizeta said:

JSBach said:

LK

Esattamente, però volevo anche quello che dice prima...mi sa che devo "crearmelo" io!

PJ_Soul, I have it, of course, I guess I'll have to create the whole sentence myself..
    Adizeta, bring the booklet to the Tattoo studio and the artist will (should) be able to reproduce all letters (or give the same style to the missing ones)... The only thing i would suggest is to plan some spare time: i mean, the tattoo will be done (if it's only a phrase, it won't take too long) but then after 10-15 days, you better come back to the studio for possible "fine tuning"...

LK
    The thing is, I have only little time so I'd like to go there and be ready...I might look for a tattoo shop before I go and contact them so they can tell me if it can be done freehand. If I need to "retouch" it I will do it in Italy... but I really want to have it done there...2 out of 3 tattoos I already have, have been done during a trip :)
  • AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,204
    i got my lettering from the yield booklet.

there are people that use ed's handwritten setlists to make sentences out of lyrics that don't have associated art. you could find a bunch on pearl jam's instagram over the last year.
    AndySlash said:

there are people that use ed's handwritten setlists to make sentences out of lyrics that don't have associated art. you could find a bunch on pearl jam's instagram over the last year.

Andy I really like your tattoo, it's very well done!!!!
    I think I'll try to get the letters from the booklet and compose the sentence, and I'll get what's missing from the setlists.
    Grazie! Thank you!!
    Bella li!

looking forward to looking at the result on these pages, then : )

LK
  • Hi everyone!!! I went to San diego and had the tattoo finally done...plus another one!
    Here they are on my instagram:

(the wings were already there)
    I really love them and if you are from San Diego or passing by and thinking about a tattoo I recommend Shane Tyner at Lucky's Tattoo Parlor (1000 Broadway). The studio is superclean, he is kind and a great artist...good thing I had to leave the city or I'll be completely covered now! :P
    Hope u like them!
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    AndySlash said:

Aren't some of the setlists written out by the tech and not necessarily in Ed's handwriting?
  • I don't know, the handwriting usually looks like the one on Yield booklet, which is where I took the letters for my tattoo from
  • TinAntTinAnt Posts: 343
    Are you a reborn Christian?
  • TinAnt said:

What is a reborn christian?
  • TinAnt said:

What is a reborn christian?
  • AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,204

Aren't some of the setlists written out by the tech and not necessarily in Ed's handwriting?

up through the new orleans 2013 show, yes they were written by mark "smitty" smith (i believe). but the setlists have all been in ed's writing since dallas 2013. not sure why the change - i've never heard anything mentioned about smitty since the change, so i've simply hoped that he's ok and just doesn't do them anymore for whatever reason.
    Nice result!
  • Thank you JSBack!!!
  • eldarion75eldarion75 Posts: 2,488
    Got mine done today :)

beautiful!!!!

Thanks :) my favourite band, my favourite song, my national anthem :) this song saved me too many times to count :) i've honoured it the best way i can think of :)

Thanks :) my favourite band, my favourite song, my national anthem :) this song saved me too many times to count :) i've honoured it the best way i can think of :)

That is definitely the best way to honour something/someone!!!!
    Works for me :)
  • derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254

That is SWEET Dave!!!
    :plus_one:
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170