Options

Petition for Ten Club only tour

my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
edited June 2015 in The Porch
Ten Club only tour... small clubs & theaters... 2-3 shows in each major city... lottery... 1 pair per member limit for the tour... or maybe 1 pair per city limit to ensure sell outs

Chicago
Toronto
NYC
Boston
Philly
Atlanta
Houston (finally)
LA
Seattle

That would be an amazing way to celebrate PJ25 and the HOF induction

I was lucky to see the fanclub only show at The Vic in 2007 and it doesn't get any better than seeing the best band in the world with 2000 other fanclub members

Is this feasible? Or just a dream?
Post edited by my2hands on

Comments

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    You never know. Let's add St.Louis to that itinerary though.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    PA JammerPA Jammer Tamaqua, Pa. Posts: 340
    Great idea!!
    Tom- Tamaqua PA

"What could be better than a beer with Eddie Vedder"
  • Options
    Yes this would be sweet

• Options
    odiedragonodiedragon Arena, WI Posts: 206
    Hey, we've all got dreams, man...
    "So now, I drink wine." - Milwaukee, WI 10/20/14
    "How fortunate were we that we were born in Chicago..." - Rosemont, IL 5/14/15
    "The irony is that maybe someday they'll find exactly that... maybe that's a good thing." - Rosemont, IL 5/15/15
    "[Unthought Known] wasn't the *worst* thing I'd ever done..." Central Park, NYC 9/26/15
    "Cómo se dice 'really high'?" - Mexico City, DF 11/28/15
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,538
    edited June 2015

Hey, we've all got dreams, man...

Haha. It is good to have dreams though. Sometimes they come true.

I think it would be great. Logistically it would be a lot easier I would suspect. Bring along 3-4 guitars each like back in high school garage band days and go on the road for 3 weeks for the fun of it (if playing for the experience of it and a regular band's theater show pay is still fun for them).

I've never understood why they wouldn't do small clubs and theater shows more often unless they've agreed they were only going to give each other 8 weeks of their time a year for touring and they don't have time to not maximize revenues.
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,874
    Sounds awesome! Maybe do two club shows then play a big arena in the same city in order to satisfy demand.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,538
    my2hands said:

Ten Club only tour... small clubs & theaters... 2-3 shows in each major city... lottery... 1 pair per member limit for the tour...

Chicago
    Toronto
    NYC
    Boston
    Philly
    Atlanta
    Houston (finally)
    LA
    Seattle

I was lucky to see the fanclub only show at The Vic in 2007 and it doesn't get any better than seeing the best band in the world with 2000 other fanclub members

Does Houston have enough fans to fill a theater though? :)
  • Options
    StevieGStevieG Ontario Posts: 850
    I'm in
    Barrie, ON - Aug 22, 1998
    London, ON - Sep 12, 2005
    Toronto, ON - Aug 21, 2009
    Toronto, ON- Sep 11 2011
    Hamilton, ON- Sep 15 2011
    London, ON- Jul 16 2013
    Buffalo, NY- Oct 12 2013
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,516
    my2hands said:

I believe it was only 1,000 if I'm not mistaken.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    100 Pacer said:

my2hands said:

I believe it was only 1,000 if I'm not mistaken.
    Pretty sure you're right

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,143
    I saw PJ at the Commodore in Vancouver and it's pretty awesome seeing them play small venues.

That being said I think this is a dream. PJ would earn less money over 3 nights than they would normally earn doing 1 arena show. The guy's aren't exactly gung hoe about touring (they don't really tour that much). They seem to try and earn their livings playing a small amount of shows to as many fans as possible. They sell lot of tickets, tour for a month.. maybe if they're energetic they do a 2nd leg for another month. Then they don't do much for 10 months... I guess my point is the guys need to eat and if they're going to go on a tour, they're the kind of guys that want to earn enough money that they can take a bunch of months off...

Fan Dissapointment. In many places you can't get tickets to a PJ show if there's multiple arena nights. Small venues will probably leave a large number of fans without tickets. I'm guessing there would be more dissapointed fans that fans with tickets in hand.

Conclusion. They're too big to do a tour of small venues (ie too many fans), and they don't like touring enough to do a string of shows that have way less take home pay.
  • Options
    ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,964
    sign

I'm in
    Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,425
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    SS9981SS9981 Posts: 1,729
    my2hands said:

Ten Club only tour... small clubs & theaters... 2-3 shows in each major city... lottery... 1 pair per member limit for the tour... or maybe 1 pair per city limit to ensure sell outs

Chicago
    Toronto
    NYC
    Boston
    Philly
    Atlanta
    Houston (finally)
    LA
    Seattle

Throw Nashville, Cincinnati or St. Louis in there, I'm all for it. But as Zod has said, these guys are very business savvy. They could just as well release the "No Code/ Yield" boxset's & bring in as much as a tour like that would. The guy's that stood up against a corporation, because they believed they it manipulated & monopolized people for their own personal gain, has become a corporation. Still love the band, just not all the vulture's that circle around them. At the same time, these guy's, like me, have gotten older. They deserve to be home with their families also. When the corporation run's thing's, more money, less time on the road, maximizing profit's. They are what they once hated.
    Scott A. Setser
  • Options
    jason_94jason_94 Toledo, OH Posts: 1,872
    my2hands said:

Chicago
    Toronto
    NYC
    Boston
    Philly
    Atlanta
    Houston (finally)
    LA
    Seattle

I've said & posted something very similar to this before. Except I think I suggested 4-5 shows per city. Lol

Definitely have to add Detroit to the list. A week of shows at The Fox Theater would be phenomenal!!!
    3/22/94 Cleveland, OH
    9/21/96 Toronto, ON
    8/26/98 Cleveland, OH
    5/09/10 Cleveland, OH
    9/03/11 East Troy, WI PJ20
    9/04/11 East Troy, WI PJ20
    7/19/13 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/13 Buffalo, NY
    12/06/13 Seattle, WA
    10/16/14 Detroit, MI
    10/17/14 Moline, IL
    8/20/16 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    All shows would have to be at non Ticketmaster venues though.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,807
    CopperTom said:

All shows would have to be at non Ticketmaster venues though.

And also non season ticket holding venues.

They gotta find a place where 10club can access 100% of the tickets to the event.

But if they do this, a 10club only tour, pease have the ability to offer one 10club ticket per 10club member too. Not just two 10club tickets per one 10club member. Give's paying 10club members a better chance to attend these 10club only shows.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    I smell a kickstarter
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    It would also have to at be limited to one show per member if possible, the one ticket per member would help. Demand would be insane and many people would still be shut out.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    yellowwhoyellowwho Posts: 1,661
    I'm done working, because I'll be daydreaming about this happening for the rest of the day.

I can't really see them doing this.... but they should . Everyone would have to agree up front not to complain if they get shut out for tickets.
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    I wish I was a little bit taller, I wish I was a baller -------- :)
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    A girl can dream! I'm down.
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    I'm not sure I understand the hopes/dreams of 'fan club only' shows or a tour.

When I'm at a show, sometimes I like the thought that in the crowd, there are many people seeing the band for the first time and are getting blown off their feet.

But I dont understand how 'fan club only' = better than.

Other than maybe a smaller venue?
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:

I'm not sure I understand the hopes/dreams of 'fan club only' shows or a tour.

When I'm at a show, sometimes I like the thought that in the crowd, there are many people seeing the band for the first time and are getting blown off their feet.

But I dont understand how 'fan club only' = better than.

Other than maybe a smaller venue?

I don't think OP meant it as some elitist thing, rather just an idea for a bunch of small shows saying "Thanks for being a part of the 10c."
    ~not a dude~
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    I think I'd like this idea better if it was in addition to a regular tour.
    For example, two or three dates in each city, one regular arena night, one small club 10c only night. And in the cities where they almost always play back to back nights in arenas I'd say do that and then do the small show a couple days later.

I don't like the idea of a whole tour that non-10c members cannot access at all. I think 10c member only shows in conjunction with a regular tour would be sweeeeeet.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    ldent42 said:

For example, two or three dates in each city, one regular arena night, one small club 10c only night. And in the cities where they almost always play back to back nights in arenas I'd say do that and then do the small show a couple days later.

I don't like the idea of a whole tour that non-10c members cannot access at all. I think 10c member only shows in conjunction with a regular tour would be sweeeeeet.

I was thinking about something along these lines, too, in thinking about this thread! I agree it would be sweet! And more accommodating.
    ~not a dude~
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    For the 25 anniversary theme..

$25 tickets
    $25 posters and t's
    25 songs (before encores)
    2,500 max venues

25 min wma drum solo/jam...haha. Anyone else???

"Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    edited June 2015
    ^^^^
    Post edited by Wma31394 on
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,533
    Wma31394 said:

For the 25 anniversary theme..

$25 tickets
    $25 posters and t's
    25 songs (before encores)
    2,500 max venues

25 min wma drum solo/jam...haha. Anyone else???

Haha. I love a good 25 minute drum solo! I just listened to Drumgasm in my office in fact, and then someone said I was acting weird, and I assume it was because of the straight half hour of drumming. :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,143
    ldent42 said:

How do you sell that idea to band. Instead of moving onto the next city where you could sell out another arena, we want you to play a different venue in this city, to a small crowd and make less money?

I'm a die hard PJ fan but it's pretty easy to tell the guys aren't super big on touring. They do small spurts, play places almost guaranteed to sell out, and make their cash fairly quick.

We all want to see our favorite bands play smaller venues, but the way PJ does it's thing, it seems like a far fetched dream for them to do a series of small gigs. On their best years they maybe do a month long leg here and there? I can't see them taking pay cuts from playing fewer cities by adding in club/theatre shows into the schedule.

The other thing, is how many of the best Theatre's/Club's now have exclusive ticketing contracts with Ticketmaster (or whatever the local version of TM is). TM restricts fan club ticket quantities. Could/Would the band be willing to organize their own tour (like the '95 tour). Are there enough decent non TM venues left? Hasn't the band hit that point where they get paid, and let the promoter do all the work? The vitalogy tour was a tough one.

There's no way I wouldn't complain if I didn't get ticket :)