Options

*** Tulsa Fanviews Here 10/8/14 ***

13»

Comments

• Options
    RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    I was lucky to get 10c tics to 4 out of 5 shows I asked for, but I got no GA. I WAS LUCKY, SO LUCKY, that I won the GA ticket in the raffle at the pre-party. Because I won it about 6:00 p.m. and I had ordered food, I got there about 6:30 I think. Anyway, I was 4 or 5 people from the rail in front of Mike. It was awesome!! I want to thank the guy from Canada (Calgary I believe) that donated the ticket. I met him and thanked him in person, but was so excited about winning the ticket I forgot his name. I hope in sees this so he knows how much fun I had being in the pit!! I had some nice people around me. Although the guy in front held his camera above his head and directly in my line of sight for several songs during the show. I asked him to lower the camera and he said "I waited in line 5 hours. How long did you wait in line?" So......... is that the standard? You wait in line you get to hold your camera up for long periods of time? Really? But that was minor compared to the awesome show and the other people around me.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    cartycarty Posts: 12
    Great show, but 28 songs compare with denver 39 songs.. need more love to tulsa..
    "you can't grow old using
    so sing just like him, fuckers
    it won't offend him just me
    because he's dead"
  • Options
    LS80246LS80246 Washington, DC Posts: 7
    This show was great. I'd put it in my top 5. Still considering the Memphis show too, and whether I liked Tulsa better.

2000: Saratoga
    2003: Bristow, Camden, NYC 1, NYC 2
    2004: Boston 1, Boston 2
    2006: Hartford, Boston 1, Boston 2
    2008: Hartford, Mansfield 1, Mansfield 2
    2009: Phil Spectrum 4
    2010: Bristow, Hartford, Boston
    2011: Alpine Valley 1, Alpine Valley 2
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Chicago Wrigley, Philadelphia, Baltimore
    2014: Tulsa, Lincoln, Memphis
    2016: Fenway 1, Fenway 2, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • Options
    Is this a good bootleg?
  • Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    edited June 2015
    Yes it is. I was there, so may be a bit biased. It had some great songs I hadn't heard in awhile live. Highlights for me were:
    Hard to Imagine
    Breakerfall
    Dissident
    Last Exit
    Marker in the sand
    Blood (Includes the bow wow wow Atomic dog tag)
    STBC
    In My tree (first time hearing it live)
    Really Nice verson of Black too.
    Also it was the anniversary of Johnny Ramone's Birthday so they played I believe in miracles and dedicated it to him as being a great friend to the band.
    Being that I have been to Tulsa many times, it was cool to see this show as the band had never played there before. They seemed to be in a great mood and having a good time. Only thing I wish was that Ed had followed through on the Dirty Frank tease.
    Really the whole 2013-14 tour was amazing, all great shows.
    Post edited by red mos on
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Options
    iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, IL Posts: 3,299
    carty said:

Great show, but 28 songs compare with denver 39 songs.. need more love to tulsa..

29 songs played in Tulsa, I think 38 in Denver
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• Options
    xhausted1xhausted1 Posts: 126
    Breakerfall was a nice surprise, but the Dirty Frank tease was dirty!!
  • Options
    twosdaygrltwosdaygrl Posts: 71
    edited January 2019
    So usually I’m on Facebook but today as I was chatting with Nevan I decided to look up Tulsa on the forum. 
    I’m so overwhelmed by everyone’s comments of love when that kid got on stage. He was absolutely thrilled and loved every single moment of it. 

Yes he went on and plays the uke, guitar and acts on stage locally. He is a junior in HS now but plans on being in sound engineering and will still continue his theater career. 

Of course this birthday was such a highlight and i said we would never top it. 
    However, last year, he got to meet Pete Townshend who is his absolute guitar hero. In fact he got to stand right in between Ed and Pete for a photo and I don’t think life gets any better than that. 

He gets nothing else for birthdays ever. ❤️

Love, Nevan’s Mom

He will be coming to a theater near you. I swear. :)
    Post edited by twosdaygrl on