Top 5 Shows from each Year

So I did this thread a few years ago on here and it worked out really well. I was going to post this in the live forum but I figured there's be more action in the Porch. I recently started listening to some old shows again so I figured I'd present an updated list. The best part about doing this last time was that everyone threw out some of their favorite shows and it encouraged folks to check out some hidden gem shows they otherwise might never have thought to listen to. Anyway here's what I got

'92

03/02/92 - Paard, Den Haag, Holland [88m]
attendance: 500
set: Oceans, Even Flow, Why Go, Jeremy, Deep, Alive, Black, Saying No/Suggestion, Alone, Once, Porch
enc: Garden, Leash, I've Got A Feeling

Hand down my favorite version of IGAF. Ed's brother joins on bass and Ed eventually takes over Mike's guitar. Make sure you get the version with the 15 minute version of IGAF- a lot of bootlegs featured and trimmed down edited version.

03/06/92 - Nighttown: Rotterdam, Holland [86m]
set: Wash, Once, Even Flow, State of Love and Trust, Alive, Black, Deep, Jeremy, Why Go, Porch
enc: Rotterdam Improv #1 (Straight to Hell Now)/Garden, (Outshined)/Leash, Rotterdam Improv #2/I've Got a Feeling

Tons of great improv in this one and Mike is on fire all night. I believe he's naked for the entire encore. Must watch good quality video.

06/18/92 - Volkshaus: Zurich, Switzerland [85]
set: Oceans, Even Flow, Why Go, Jeremy, State of Love and Trust, Improv (Love You Hate You), Black, Alive, (I'm Not Crazy)/Once, Footsteps, Deep, Leash, jam (Shower the People/Brass in Pocket/Meaningless), Porch, Improv/Suggestion/Garden, Rockin' in the Free World

This is a pretty obvious choice but the show is flawless. The porch is top 5 all time and the improvs between songs are some of Ed's best work. Stone's tone on Black is like butter!

09/08/92 - Desert Sky Pavilion: Phoenix, AZ (Lollapalooza) [45m]
set: Sonic Reducer, Even Flow, Why Go, Deep, Jeremy, Improv (Some People)/Alive, Black, Porch/(Tearing), Baba O'Riley

If you're only going to listen to one show from Lolla then this should be it. High energy all the way.

set: Driven to Tears, Throw Your Arms Around Me, Even Flow, Once, State of Love and Trust, Alive, Improv, Black, (Help Me Rhonda)/Deep, Jeremy, Why Go, Improv (The First Time), Porch
enc 1: Suggestion/Garden
enc 2: Leash, I've Got a Feeling/(Dolly Dagger)/(Three Little Birds)/Rockin' in the Free World
enc 3: Release, Footsteps

One of the longest setlists and shows for the time period. Very cool ed solo version of Driven to Tears.

05/13/93 - Slim's Cafe: San Francisco, CA [110m]
attendance: 900
soundcheck: Daughter instrumental, Why Go, Blood instrumental, Rats and Release guitar warm-ups, Animal instrumental, Animal, Dissident
set: Animal, Go, Even Flow, Blood, Daughter, W.M.A., Dissident, Why Go, Alive, Hard to Imagine, Rearviewmirror, Better Man, Dirty Frank/Rats, Baba O'Riley, Once, Jeremy, (Girls Just Wanna Have Fun)/Porch/(Tearing), Release, Alone, (Dirty Deeds)/Whipping, Leash, Sonic Reducer

An all time classic that every fan should listen to. Pretty sloppy but fun as hell to listen to.

07/14/93 - Brixton Academy: London, England [105m]
attendance: 6,426
support act: Tribe After Tribe
set: Release, Even Flow (song stopped), Blood, Animal, Why Go, Deep, Jeremy, Rearviewmirror, Beast of Burden/(Suck You Dry), Alive, Black, Go, Daughter/(W.M.A.), Porch/(Tearing), Once, Garden, Blues Jam/State of Love and Trust
enc 1: Leash, Fuckin' Up, Sonic Reducer
enc 2: Indifference

This is one of my favorite setlists of all time. Perfect flow with incredible encores. The Beast of Burden is pretty classic 90's angst Ed.

10/28/93 - Warfield Theater: San Francisco, CA [90m]
attendance: 2,250
support act: Rollins Band
soundcheck: Athena/long vocal jam, Rearviewmirror, Rats instrumental/Rats/jam
set: Release, Animal, Go, Blood, Even Flow, Improv (I Could Prove to You), Dissident, Why Go, Jeremy, Daughter/(The Real Me), Rearviewmirror, Once, Alive, Garden, Porch/(Tearing)
enc: My Generation, Whipping, Leash, Indifference

Great high energy pissed off Ed show. My Generation is a rare treat. Auds out there are a little rough but it's worth the listen.

11/24/93 - Century II: Wichita, KS [80m]
attendance: approx. 4,000
support act: Urge Overkill
set: Go, Animal, Even Flow, Glorified G, Daughter/(I'm One), Jeremy, Deep, Oceans, State of Love and Trust, Dissident, Alive, Porch/(Tearing)
enc 1: The Kids are Alright [Ed solo], Rearviewmirror, Black (song stopped and restarted), Rockin' in the Free World

Fun playful show where Ed won't shut up haha.

12/08/93 - Seattle Center Arena: Seattle, WA [100m]
set: Release, Even Flow, Dissident, Sick o' Pussies/Go, Animal, Jeremy, Deep/Why Go, Daughter/(Do You Feel Lucky)/(W.M.A.), Glorified G, Alive, Once, Footsteps, Porch
enc 1: Last Exit, Tremor Christ, Blood, State of Love and Trust, I've Got a Feeling, Rearviewmirror
enc 2: Rockin' in the Free World

Awesome setlist and really great Ed banter

'94 (had to go with 5)

03/13/94 - New Regal Theater: Chicago, IL [140m]
attendance: 2,500
support act: The Frogs and Magic Slim and the MGs
set: Oceans, Go, Last Exit, Once, Even Flow, Rats, State of Love and Trust, Breath, Glorified G, Daughter/(You're in My Body improv)/(WMA), Animal, Not for You, Elderly Woman, Alive, Improv (I'm All Alone), Spin the Black Circle
enc 1: Hard to Imagine, Yellow Ledbetter, Rearviewmirror, Alone, Black/instrumental jam/Porch/(Tearing)
enc 2: Angel

One of my most played bootlegs in college (RIP Presenttense.net). Encores are ridiculous and Ed's voice sounds so good.

03/29/94 - Bayfront Arena: St. Petersburg, FL [120m]
support act: King's X
set: Rearviewmirror, Whipping, Go, Animal, Dissident, Even Flow, Why Go, Jeremy, Glorified G, Daughter/(ABitW-II)/(WMA), Blood, Last Exit, Black, Alive, Porch/(Dirty Frank)
enc 1: Sonic Reducer, Not for You, Elderly Woman, Rockin' in the Free World
enc 3: Throw Your Arms Around Me

Probably my favorite show the band has ever played. The quintessential version of porch and amazing four song opening of RVM>Whipping>Go>Animal.

04/03/94 - Fox Theater: Atlanta, GA [150m]
attendance: 4,500
support act: King's X
soundcheck: (partial list) Go, Better Man, WMA (X2), Manic Depression (Jeff & Stone w/ King's X singer and drummer)
set: Release, Rearviewmirror, Whipping, Even Flow, Dissident, Why Go, Deep, Jeremy, Glorified G, Daughter/(ABitW-II), Go, Animal, Garden, State of Love and Trust, Black, Alive, Blood/(Not for You), WMA, Better Man, Elderly Woman, Rats, Satan's Bed, Once, Sonic Reducer, Porch/(Androgynous Mind), Indifference

Another all time great that every die hard has heard. It lives up to the hype and yes the Porch is that good.

04/06/94 - Civic Center: Springfield, MA [120m]
attendance: 6,800
support act: Mudhoney
set: Rearviewmirror, Whipping, Go, Animal, Dissident, Even Flow, Glorified G, Daughter/(Hate the Police)/(WMA)/(Androgynous Mind), Why Go, Deep, Rats, Last Exit, State of Love and Trust, Black, Alive, Porch/(Hey Hey, My My)
enc 1: Not for You, Blood, Yellow Ledbetter, Once, Out of My Mind, improv/cover?, My Generation, Elderly Woman, Rockin' in the Free World
enc 2: Spin the Black Circle

Really fun setlist with a refined version of Out of My Mind. Great version of YL.

04/12/94 - Orpheum Theater: Boston, MA [130]
support act: Mudhoney
set: Oceans, Even Flow, Sonic Reducer, State of Love and Trust, Hard to Imagine, Immortality/(Hey Hey, My My), Go, Animal, Glorified G, Daughter/(Suck You Dry), Alone, Not for You, Better Man, Rats, Blood
enc: Release, Tremor Christ, Once, Fuckin' Up, Dirty Frank, Yellow Ledbetter, instrumental jam, Rearviewmirror, Elderly Woman, I've Got a Feeling/jam

Best setlist ever?

"What can you expect when you're on top? You know? It's like Napoleon. When he was the king, you know, people were just constantly trying to conquer him, you know, in the Roman Empire. So, it's history repeating itself all over again."

Comments

• RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,622
    Great selections... We'll probably never get them, but 3/13/94 & 3/29/94 would make incredible Vault releases. Two classic shows.
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

• '95

02/21/95 - Kosei Nenkin Kaikan: Osaka, Japan [110m]
    set: Release, Go, Last Exit, Tremor Christ, Corduroy, Lukin, Even Flow, Glorified G, Daughter/(I Don't Know About the Future), Alive, I Got Shit, Whipping, Jeremy, Animal, Blood, Improv, Porch/(Catholic Boys)
    enc: Satan's Bed, Spin the Black Circle, Sonic Reducer, Footsteps, Rearviewmirror, Indifference

Really tight aggressive playing with an awesome version of Porch.

03/17/95 - Flinders Park Tennis Centre: Melbourne, Australia [128m]
    attendance: 10,000
    support act: The Meanies
    set: Release, Last Exit, Spin the Black Circle, Tremor Christ, Corduroy, Not for You/Lukin, Animal, Glorified G, Daughter/(Stuff and Nonsense), State of Love and Trust, Why Go, Jeremy, Whipping, Immortality/Rearviewmirror, Alive, Black, Blood, Porch
    enc: Go, Even Flow, Better Man, Improv (Words Seem Out of Place), Indifference, Rockin' in the Free World

Standard setlist played perfectly. Best RITFW ever. Thanks Dave!

07/09/95 - Summerfest: Marcus Amphitheater: Milwaukee, WI [120m]
    attendance: 24,000
    support act : The Frogs and Bad Religion
    set: I Only Play for Money (EV w/ The Frogs), Act of Love, Go, Last Exit, Spin the Black Circle, Tremor Christ, Corduroy, Not for You, Why Go, Jeremy (original, teaser), Deep, Daughter/Improv (This is How I Feel)/(Release)/(ABitW-II), Jeremy (new), Rearviewmirror, Elderly Woman, Lukin, Animal, Dissident, Even Flow, Black, Alive, Blood
    enc: Star Boy, Little Wing/Maggot Brain, Better Man, Porch

Little Wing is some of Mike's best playing ever.

07/11/95 - Soldier Field: Chicago, IL [155m]
    attendance: 47,000
    support act: Otis Rush and Bad Religion
    set: Release, Go, Last Exit, Spin the Black Circle, Tremor Christ, Corduroy, Whipping, I Got Shit, Dissident, Even Flow, Improv/Sick o' Pussies, Deep, Jeremy, Glorified G, Daughter/(This Boy)/(The Real Me)/(W.M.A.)/(ABitW-II), Animal, Habit, Jam/Lukin, Not for You, Little Wing (teaser), Elderly Woman, Immortality, Alive, Porch
    enc 1: Everyday People, Let My Love Open the Door, Better Man, Rearviewmirror, Black, Blood
    enc 2: Yellow Ledbetter

Probably the band's most high profile show at the time they delivered.

11/07/95 - Sports Arena: San Diego, CA [131m]
    attendance: 12,000
    support act: The Ramones
    set: Oceans, Go, Animal, Last Exit, Tremor Christ, Corduroy, Rearviewmirror, Better Man, Even Flow, Why Go, Deep, Red Mosquito, Glorified G, Daughter/(I Believe in Miracles)/(Touch of Grey)/(W.M.A.), Jeremy (new), Not for You, I Got Shit, Lukin/Whipping, This Boy (Ed solo), Alive, Black, Blood
    enc 1: Spin the Black Circle, Leaving Here, I Can't Explain, Porch

Great end to an up and down touring year for the band. Ed's voice was on point this night.

'96

09/14/96 - The Showbox: Seattle, WA [105m]
    attendance: 800
    support act: Gus
    set: Sometimes, Hail Hail, Who You Are, In My Tree, Habit, Present Tense, Red Mosquito, Mankind, Off He Goes, Animal, Last Exit, Even Flow, Tremor Christ, Not for You, Immortality, Whipping, I Got Shit, Leaving Here
    enc: Wash, Go, Dissident, Alive, Around the Bend

Awesome warmup where almost all of No Code is played. Great sound quality on this boot.

09/29/96 - Downing Stadium (Randall's Island): New York, NY [168m]
    attendance: 30,000
    support act: Ben Harper, The Fastbacks
    set: Sometimes, Go, Spin the Black Circle, Hail Hail, Animal, Tremor Christ, Who You Are, Corduroy, Lukin, Better Man, Not for You, Jeremy (new), Once, Rats, Last Exit, Habit, Rearviewmirror, Immortality, Whipping, I Got Shit, Black, Alive, Porch
    enc 1: In My Tree, Even Flow, Daughter/(The Real Me)/(ABitW)/(WMA), Mankind, Long Road, Leaving Here
    enc 2: Off He Goes, Present Tense, Yellow Ledbetter

All time Classic.

10/02/96 - Meadows Music Theatre: Hartford, CT [131m]
    support act: The Fastbacks
    set: Long Road, Hail Hail, Animal, Last Exit, In My Tree, Corduroy, Better Man, Not for You, Jeremy, Red Mosquito, Black, Rearviewmirror, Lukin, Elderly Woman, State of Love and Trust, Footsteps, Alive, Blood/(Fame)/(Noise of Carpet), Porch
    enc: Who You Are, Even Flow, Daughter/(The Real Me)/(WMA), Leaving Here, Present Tense, Yellow Ledbetter (with Little Wing lick)

My favorite of the US shows for the year. Many versions of song sin the best ever debate imo.

11/07/96 - Le Zenith: Paris, France [115m]
    attendance: 5,000
    set: Wash, Hail Hail, Last Exit, Once, Tremor Christ, Who You Are, Corduroy, Better Man/(Save it for Later), Even Flow, Jeremy, Off He Goes, Animal, Daughter/(Improv)/(Androgynous Mind), Lukin, Rearviewmirror, I Got Shit, Whipping, Alive
    enc 1: Roadhouse Blues, Sometimes, Black, State of Love and Trust, Porch
    enc 2: Smile, Yellow Ledbetter

My personal favorite '96 show. Love this version of Alive. Top 5 version for me.

11/21/96 - Sports Palace: Barcelona, Spain [125m]
    attendance: 8,000
    soundcheck: Parting Ways, ? (instrumental), Around the Bend, In My Tree, In My Tree, Hard to Imagine (16m version), Garden, Leaving Here, I'm Open (10m version) [70m = entire soundcheck]
    set: Wash, Last Exit, Hail Hail, Animal, Red Mosquito, Who You Are, Corduroy, Better Man, Off He Goes, Habit, Even Flow, Jeremy, Daughter/(Happiness is a Warm Gun)/(Bull in the Heather)/(Androgynous Mind), Sometimes, Lukin, Rearviewmirror, Immortality, Alive, Porch
    enc 1: Mankind, Once, State of Love and Trust, Present Tense, Smile, Blood/(Fame)
    enc 2: Around the Bend
    notes: 'Parting Ways,' a song which is not released for four years on Binaural, is soundchecked. Ed breaks out a bit of his Spanish to communicate: "Cuidado" ("be careful") a few times to the crowd; during 'Habit,' "Hablando como un niño de los 90s." Stone gets into the act opening 'Mankind' with, "Que pasa? I'm gonna sing one for you." A "hey, hey" chant between the crowd and PJ gets going during the 'Blood' jam. Returning for a final encore, Ed says, "OK, in English; this one's a lullabye, so when you go home, have nice dreams tonight, leading to 'Around the Bend,' and a "Adios, amigos. Buenos noches." 'Smile' from this show later appears on the '96 fan club single.

Great show with an amazing jammy soundcheck that thankfully circulates!

"What can you expect when you're on top? You know? It's like Napoleon. When he was the king, you know, people were just constantly trying to conquer him, you know, in the Roman Empire. So, it's history repeating itself all over again."
  • '98

03/05/98 - Melbourne Park: Melbourne, Australia [120m]
    support act: Shudder to Think
    set: Release, Brain of J, Animal, Faithfull, In My Tree, I Got Shit, Corduroy, Wishlist, Even Flow, Spin the Black Circle, Daughter/(Pebbles), Given to Fly, Hail Hail, MFC, (Crazy Mary!)/, Elderly Woman, Off He Goes, State of Love and Trust, Do the Evolution, Alive
    enc 1: Go, Black, Rearviewmirror, Immortality
    enc 2: Indifference, Porch

A top 5 Immortality and one of the best post 96 version of Porch.

06/27/98 - Alpine Valley: East Troy, WI [115m]
    attendance: 35,000
    support act: Frank Black
    soundcheck: Faithfull, All Those Yesterdays, Brain of J (all instrumental, no vocals)
    set: Interstellar Overdrive, Corduroy, Hail Hail, Brain of J, Last Exit, Tremor Christ, Given to Fly, Jeremy, Faithfull, Nothingman, Improv, MFC, Habit, Off He Goes, Even Flow, Once, All Those Yesterdays, Go, Immortality
    enc: Do the Evolution, Leatherman, Better Man/(jam)/(RVM), Wishlist, Alive, Smile

Great show on the big hill. Great versions of Corduroy and Better Man.

06/30/98 - Target Center: Minneapolis, MN [110m]
    attendance: 18,000
    soundcheck: Leatherman, Oceans, Pilate, Not for You, Leaving Here, Go (partial)
    set: Sometimes, Last Exit, Brain of J, Hail Hail, Faithfull, Even Flow, Corduroy, I Got Shit, Pilate, Daughter/(Noise of Carpet)/chanting, MFC, Lukin, Wishlist, Mankind, All Those Yesterdays, Black, Alive
    enc: Do the Evolution, Given to Fly, Leatherman, Better Man, Leaving Here, (My Generation Blues)/Porch!

Pile driver of a show with the best encore of the year.

08/25/98 - Star Lake Amphitheatre: Pittsburgh, PA [123m]
    attendance: 22,536
    support act: Iggy Pop
    soundcheck: long spacy jam, Whipping, Red Mosquito (w/ harmonica at end), Last Kiss, Soldier of Love
    set: Throw Your Arms Around Me, Release, Brain of J, Last Exit, Corduroy, I Got Shit, Faithfull, Even Flow, Jeremy, MFC, Rearviewmirror, Wishlist, Daughter/(Outshined)/(I Wanna Live), Do the Evolution, Given to Fly, Elderly Woman, Alive
    enc 1: No Way, Animal, Hail Hail, Not for You, Nothingman, Black, Rockin' in the Free World, Yellow Ledbetter

The first and still the best version on No Way.

09/11/98 - Madison Square Garden: New York, NY [130m]
    support act: Ben Harper
    set: Release, Hail Hail, Animal, Even Flow, Given to Fly, Corduroy, MFC, Habit, Faithfull, Daughter/(Beginning to See the Light)/(WMA), Wishlist, Nothingman, Immortality, RVM, Brain of J, Black, Do the Evolution
    enc 1: Breath, State of Love and Trust, Off He Goes, Leatherman, Better Man/(Save it for Later), Mankind, Baba O'Riley
    enc 2: Indifference (with Ben Harper), Alive

Seriously if you haven't listened to this show do it NOW!

06/04/00 - Manchester Evening News Arena: Manchester, England [132m]
    attendance: 21,000
    support act: The Vandals
    soundcheck: Light Years, Timeless Melody x 2, Fuckin' Up, Spin The Black Circle, Blood, God's Dice, Breakerfall
    set: Of The Girl, Breakerfall, Grievance, Corduroy, Light Years, Go, Given To Fly, Evacuation, Even Flow, Daughter, Animal, Wishlist, Nothingman, Better Man, Insignificance, Rearviewmirror
    enc 1: Last Exit, Once, Black, Timeless Melody, State of Love And Trust, Fuckin' Up
    enc 2: Leatherman, Footsteps, Do The Evolution, Garden, Yellow Ledbetter

I heart Binaural era shows...

06/16/00 - Spodek: Katowice, Poland [145m]
    attendance: 3,000 (capacity 8,000)
    support act: Dismemberment Plan
    set: Release, Of The Girl, Sleight of Hand, Thin Air, Insignificance, Grievance, Corduroy, Animal, Hail Hail, State of Love and Trust, Evacuation, Daughter/(ABitW)/(On a Rope), Jeremy, I Got Shit, Light Years, Leatherman, In Hiding, Off He Goes, Dissident, MFC, Habit, Alive
    enc: Smile, Immortality, Black, Leaving Here, Soldier of Love, Last Exit, Soon Forget, Yellow Ledbetter

Love the laid back opening with Binaural trifecta.

08/15/00 - The Pyramid: Memphis, TN [130m]
    attendance: approx 14,000 (capacity is 22,000)
    support act: Sonic Youth
    soundcheck: Long Road (instrumental), jam, Last Exit (instrumental), Garden (instrumental), Stoney jamming (pieces of Black), guitar jam, keyboard/synth jam, I Can't Help Falling in Love (instrumental 2-3 times, then full 3 times!!), In My Tree (full)
    set: Of The Girl, Last Exit, Animal, Grievance, Corduroy, Tremor Christ, Nothing As It Seems, Wishlist, Can't Help Falling In Love With You (Elvis!), Given To Fly, In My Tree, Even Flow, I Got Shit, Better Man/(Save It For Later), Black, Insignificance, Rearviewmirror
    enc 1: Breakerfall, Do The Evolution, Thin Air, Nothingman, Elderly Woman, State of Love And Trust, Go
    enc 2: Footsteps, Baba O'Riley

My favorite setlist of the year.

08/27/00 - Saratoga Performing Arts Center: Saratoga Springs: NY
    attendance: 30,000
    set: Breakerfall, Whipping, Spin the Black Circle, Hail Hail, Corduroy, In My Tree, Dissident, Given to Fly, Nothing As It Seems, Grievance, Light Years, Daughter/(Beginning to See the Light)/(WMA)/(Androgynous Mind), Lukin, MFC, Wishlist, Better Man, Even Flow, Insignificance, Rearviewmirror
    enc 1: Sleight of Hand, Do The Evolution, Once, Timeless Melody, Elderly Woman, Leatherman, Porch
    enc 2: Soon Forget, Black, Yellow Ledbetter

Amazing six songs to open the show. Bring back Timeless Melody!

09/01/00 - E-Center: Camden, NJ
    attendance: 25,000
    set: Sometimes, Last Exit, Animal, Red Mosquito, Grievance, Light Years, Dissident, Given To Fly, Even Flow, Wishlist, Better Man/(Save It For Later), Present Tense, Corduroy, Spin The Black Circle, Daughter/(Androgynous Mind)/(Hold On), Black, Insignificance, Go
    enc 1: Breath, Tremor Christ, Once, Elderly Woman, Jeremy, Whipping, Do The Evolution, Crazy Mary, Porch

Features my favorite versions of Better Man and Present Tense.

I'll post the rest tonight
  • BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    Welcome back.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • RS151862 said:

Great selections... We'll probably never get them, but 3/13/94 & 3/29/94 would make incredible Vault releases. Two classic shows.

I'm with you man. Love me some Dave a shows. We could use some more boards from that era!
  • BinFrog said:

Welcome back.

Thanks brah!
  • YLed2YLed2 Des Moines, IA Posts: 5,534
    Love these types of threads and actually talking about specific shows and boots.

Welcome back and thanks for posting. Looking forward to the rest of your list.
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• YLed2 said:

Love these types of threads and actually talking about specific shows and boots.

Thanks! I don't get to as many shows as I did 10 years ago, but every few months I'll stream a show at work and remember why I fell in love with this band!

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    YLed2 said:

Bootleg threads are the best!
    Very cool thread.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......

03/06/03 - Nagoyashi Kokaido: Nagoya, Japan
    set: Given To Fly, Last Exit, Brain of J, Insignificance, Even Flow, Love Boat Captain, I Am Mine, Get Right, MFC, Improv, Immortality, You Are, Light Years, Green Disease, Daughter, Lukin, Spin The Black Circle, Save You
    enc 1: Bushleaguer, Whipping, Better Man, Footsteps, Crazy Mary, Down, Rearviewmirror
    enc 2: You've Got to Hide Your Love Away, Alive, Yellow Ledbetter, Rockin' in the Free World

I love this show so much. The sequence of MFC>Iimprov>Immortality is sublime.

04/22/03 - Savvis Center: St. Louis, MO
    support act: Sparta
    soundcheck: Faithfull, Green Disease, Save You, Present Tense
    set: Present Tense, Save You, Animal, Green Disease, Grievance, Faithfull, Given To Fly, Even Flow, Sleight Of Hand, You Are, Elderly Woman, Not For You/Love Boat Captain, Wishlist, Help Help, Do The Evolution, Alive
    enc 1: Go, State Of Love And Trust, Black, Improv/Rearviewmirror
    enc 2: Soon Forget, Better Man/(Save it for Later), Daughter, Indifference

Another overlooked show from the tour. Tons of great improv and the daughter is really extended with ed playing harmonica. Seek this one out!

05/02/03 - HSBC Arena: Buffalo, NY [164m]
    support act: Sparta
    preset: You've Got to Hide Your Love Away (Ed solo)
    set: Love Boat Captain, Brain Of J, Hail Hail, Save You, Corduroy, Elderly Woman, I Got Shit, Even Flow, Faithfull, Deep, Given To Fly, Spin The Black Circle, Wishlist, Green Disease, Insignificance, Black, Go
    enc 1: Free Jazz, Driven To Tears, Better Man, Crazy Mary, Do The Evolution, Alive
    enc 2: Soon Forget, Smile, Fortunate Son, Sonic Reducer, People Have The Power
    enc 3: Baba O'Riley, Yellow Ledbetter

State college was great. Buffalo was even better.

06/21/03 - Alpine Valley Music Center: East Troy, WI
    attendance: 22,000
    support act: Buzzcocks
    soundcheck: Rival (1 partial; 1 complete), Smile, Leaving Here, Soldier Of Love, Evacuation (slower version), Once (partial), Romanza (Ed on acoustic), You've Got To Hide Your Love Away (ending, 2X)
    set: Sometimes, Corduroy, Green Disease, Save You, Gods' Dice, Faithfull, Immortality, Love Boat Captain, Insignificance, Deep, I Believe In Miracles, You Are, Better Man/(Why Can't I Touch It?), Jeremy, Even Flow, Daughter, Rearviewmirror
    enc 1: Go, Animal, Elderly Woman, Glorified G, Bushleaguer, Do The Evolution
    enc 2: You've Got To Hide Your Love Away (Ed solo), Breath, Crazy Mary, Know Your Rights, Fortunate Son, Baba O'Riley
    enc 3: Yellow Ledbetter/(Little Wing)

These guys love Alpine and this show was no exception. They brought their a game for this marathon. Killer high energy encores!

Boston Trilogy

07/02/03 - Tweeter Center for the Performing Arts: Mansfield (Boston), MA
    preset: Dead Man (Ed solo)
    set: Oceans, Go, Hail Hail, Save You, Deep, Get Right, Dissident, I Am Mine, Even Flow, Help Help, Immortality, In My Tree, Light Years, Evacuation, Whipping, Grievance, Present Tense, Porch
    enc 1: Thumbing My Way, Elderly Woman, Smile, State Of Love And Trust, Leaving Here
    enc 2: Soon Forget, Bushleaguer, Fuckin' Up

07/03/03 - Tweeter Center for the Performing Arts: Mansfield (Boston), MA
    preset: You've Got to Hide Your Love Away (Ed solo)
    set: Release, Animal, Gods' Dice, Do The Evolution, Insignificance, Love Boat Captain, I Got Shit, Low Light, Rival, Lukin, Not For You, Daughter/(WMA)/(I've Been Tired), You Are, In Hiding, I Am A Patriot, Once, Rearviewmirror
    enc 1: Driven To Tears, Corduroy, Soldier Of Love, Crazy Mary, Alive
    enc 2: Baba O'Riley, Yellow Ledbetter

07/11/03 - Tweeter Center: Mansfield (Boston), MA [preset 50m/main set 165m]
    support act: Sleater-Kinney
    PJ preset: Long Road, Of The Girl, Sometimes, Off He Goes, All Those Yesterdays, Drifting, Thin Air, Sleight Of Hand, Footsteps, All Or None, Parting Ways, Indifference
    set: Can't Keep, Breakerfall, Brain of J, Spin the Black Circle, Ghost, Green Disease, Tremor Christ, Given To Fly, Nothing As It Seems, Cropduster, Faithfull, Why Go, Wishlist/(Why Can't I Touch It?), Leatherman, Nothingman, Better Man, 1/2 Full, Untitled/MFC, Blood
    enc 1: Breath, Habit, Down, Mankind, U, Black, Jeremy
    enc 2: Arc, I Believe In Miracles, Know Your Rights, Fortunate Son, Rockin' in the Free World
    enc 3: Yellow Ledbetter

I know this is cheating but whatever. i was at all three and think the first two nights were superior to night 3. The pre set was incendiary, but the rest of night 3 was rushed and was very up and down with quite a few flubs. Still a top concert experience for me though.

There are only a handful of shows from this year so I'll just do a couple.

10/03/04 - Delta Plex: Walker (Grand Rapids), MI (Vote for Change Tour)
    attendance: approx 6,000
    support act: Gob Roberts, Death Cab for Cutie
    Ed's preset: Dead Man, Throw Your Arms Around Me
    set: Breakerfall, Last Exit, Save You, Do The Evolution, Even Flow, Light Years, Sad, Not For You, Whipping, 1/2 Full, Bleed for Me, Blood
    enc 1 (acoustic): Millworker (Ed solo), Elderly Woman, Footsteps, Masters of War, Crazy Mary
    enc 2: Given To Fly, Daughter/(Song X)/(War), Insignificance, The New World, Kick Out The Jams
    enc 3: Alive, Yellow Ledbetter

I still listen to this version of Millworker regularly. Sad is tighter this time around as well.

10/08/04 - Silver Spurs Arena: Kissimmee, FL (Vote for Change Tour)
    attendance: approx 8,000
    support act: Gob Roberts, Death Cab for Cutie
    Ed's preset: Trouble, You've Got To Hide Your Love Away
    set: Last Exit, Animal, Save You, American In Me, Even Flow, 1/2 Full, Given To Fly, Wishlist, In My Tree, Timeless Melody, Rearviewmirror
    enc 1 (acoustic): Lukin, I Am Mine, Nothingman, Last Kiss, Black,
    enc 2: jazz improv/toaster improv, Corduroy, Do The Evolution, Better Man/(Save It For Later), Daughter/(Blitzkrieg Bop), I Believe In Miracles, The New World (w/Tim Robbins), Fortunate Son, Alive
    enc 3: Rockin' In The Free World, Yellow Ledbetter

This was the tightest show of the tour. The return of Timeless Melody with Ben Gibbard is a highlight.
  • derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254

'96
    09/14/96 - The Showbox: Seattle, WA [105m]
    attendance: 800
    support act: Gus
    set: Sometimes, Hail Hail, Who You Are, In My Tree, Habit, Present Tense, Red Mosquito, Mankind, Off He Goes, Animal, Last Exit, Even Flow, Tremor Christ, Not for You, Immortality, Whipping, I Got Shit, Leaving Here
    enc: Wash, Go, Dissident, Alive, Around the Bend

Awesome warmup where almost all of No Code is played. Great sound quality on this boot.

I've always thought that this show would make a GREAT Vault release...
    it's one of my FAVORITE BOOTS and definitely a HIDDEN GEM!!:
    Thanks for the interesting thread...I'll be checking back here often!!! :plus_one:

'96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136

now i can take your post seriously..;)

great thread,thanks for posting..ill make my list soon :bee:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739

now i can take your post seriously..;)

great thread,thanks for posting..ill make my list soon :bee:

one day this will be a vault release. one day......
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • MSG 98 is epic. Would def be in my top 10 for sure. I tend to gravitate towards the shows that are looser and more improv heavy
  • reedrothchildreedrothchild Posts: 538
    edited April 2015
    It looks like Two Feet Thick is down so I'll have to go with the setlist formatting from this site. i will warn you now that 2005 was a personal favorite year for me. I love years when the band isn't touring behind an album and plays a lot of shows. The setlists are great and they are on point!

KITCHENER MEMORIAL AUDITORIUM
    KITCHENER, ONTARIO
    Sun 11 September, 2005
    SET 1
    Long Road
    Last Exit
    Animal
    Save You
    Do The Evolution
    Given To Fly
    Love Boat Captain
    Corduroy
    Insignificance
    Gimme Some Truth
    Faithfull
    Jeremy
    Even Flow
    Leatherman
    Habit
    Blood
    ENCORE 1
    Soon Forget
    Can't Keep
    Man Of The Hour
    Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town
    W.M.A.
    Daughter
    Black
    Alive
    ENCORE 2
    In My Tree
    Indifference
    Better Man
    Baba O'Riley
    Yellow Ledbetter

Lot of bustouts and a raging second encore. Ed solo to start the first encore was a nice touch.

JOHN LABATT CENTRE
    LONDON, ONTARIO
    Mon 12 September, 2005
    SET 1
    Oceans
    Breakerfall
    Corduroy
    Hail, Hail
    Animal
    Glorified G
    Black Red Yellow
    In My Tree
    Better Man
    Modern Girl
    You Are
    Not For You
    Jeremy
    Wishlist
    Even Flow
    Bleed For Me
    Rearviewmirror
    ENCORE 1
    Nothing As it Seems
    Off He Goes
    Hard To Imagine
    Alive
    ENCORE 2
    Go
    Grievance
    State Of Love And Trust
    Smile
    Rockin' In The Free World

And the next night might be even better. Great placement for HTI. Love Black Red Yellow into In My Tree.

SCOTIABANK PLACE
    OTTAWA, ONTARIO
    Fri 16 September, 2005

SET 1
    Wash
    Go
    Hail, Hail
    Animal
    Brain Of J.
    Corduroy
    Immortality
    In Hiding
    Don't Gimme No Lip
    Even Flow
    Green Disease
    Insignificance
    I Got Id
    Jeremy
    Black
    Better Man
    Save it for Later
    Rearviewmirror
    ENCORE 1
    Bee Girl
    I Believe In Miracles
    Sleight Of Hand
    Crazy Mary
    Alive
    ENCORE 2
    Given To Fly
    Not For You
    Modern Girl
    Daughter
    Harvest Moon
    Leaving Here
    Yellow Ledbetter

I don't think there has ever been a better eight song run to open a show for this band. C-Mary and Black are all time top versions. Great Disease and RVM as well.

METRO CENTRE
    HALIFAX, NOVA SCOTIA
    Thu 22 September, 2005
    SET 1
    Hard To Imagine
    Animal
    Corduroy
    Green Disease
    Love Boat Captain
    Dissident
    State Of Love And Trust
    You Are
    Go
    Breath
    Leatherman
    Even Flow
    Not For You
    Modern Girl
    Jeremy
    Blood
    ENCORE 1
    Low Light
    Off He Goes
    Nothingman
    Glorified G
    Rearviewmirror
    ENCORE 2
    Alive
    Down
    In My Tree
    Daughter
    Better Man
    Porch
    Bu$hleaguer
    Fortunate Son

Dat setlist tho...

WACHOVIA CENTER
    PHILADELPHIA, PENNSYLVANIA
    Mon 3 October, 2005
    SET 1
    Wash
    Hail, Hail
    Brain Of J.
    Spin The Black Circle
    Given To Fly
    Sad
    Alone
    Even Flow
    Green Disease
    Faithfull
    Whipping
    Not For You
    Modern Girl
    Leatherman
    Save it for Later
    Better Man
    Nothingman
    Once
    Bleed For Me
    Blood
    ENCORE 1
    Around The Bend
    Harvest Moon
    Hard To Imagine
    Crown Of Thorns
    Crazy Mary
    Alive
    ENCORE 2
    Last Kiss
    In My Tree
    Do The Evolution
    Sonic Reducer
    Little Sister
    Leaving Here
    Yellow Ledbetter

Still the best Philly show imo. Beats out 10/30/09 for me just because the band was so on after the Canada tour. Probably the best guest appearance from SK as well.

Edit: Sorry for not including anything from South America. I appreciate the energy at those shows, but the playing and setlists from Canada are more my style.

PEPSI ARENA
    ALBANY, NEW YORK
    Fri 12 May, 2006
    SET 1
    Wasted Reprise
    Life Wasted
    World Wide Suicide
    Severed Hand
    Do The Evolution
    Given To Fly
    Red Mosquito
    Even Flow
    Army Reserve
    Daughter
    Another Brick In The Wall
    Off He Goes
    Gone
    Grievance
    Jeremy
    Marker In The Sand
    Comatose
    Why Go
    ENCORE 1
    You've Got To Hide Your Love Away
    Satan's Bed
    Wishlist
    Rats
    Porch
    ENCORE 2
    Last Kiss
    Come Back
    Sad
    Crazy Mary
    Alive

Probably the best Porch in the last decade. The return of Satan's Bed and Rats was also a treat!

VAN ANDEL ARENA
    GRAND RAPIDS, MI
    Fri 19 May, 2006
    SET 1
    Given To Fly
    World Wide Suicide
    Life Wasted
    Severed Hand
    Sad
    Marker In The Sand
    Red Mosquito
    Even Flow
    Love Boat Captain
    Corduroy
    Daughter
    Blitzkrieg Bop
    I Believe In Miracles
    Army Reserve
    Green Disease
    Why Go
    Inside Job
    Rearviewmirror
    ENCORE 1
    Sleight Of Hand
    Off He Goes
    Around The Bend
    Parting Ways
    Hard To Imagine
    Crazy Mary
    Alive
    ENCORE 2
    Do The Evolution
    Comatose
    Satan's Bed
    Leatherman
    Blood
    Baba O'Riley
    Yellow Ledbetter
    PRE-OPENER
    Dead Man Walking
    Can't Explain

Awesome laid back first encore. I believe this was the show where 10c members with high numbers got the better seats for the first time. This was before the days of lottery for rows 1-2 and 9-10.

GORGE AMPHITHEATRE
    GEORGE, WASHINGTON
    Sat 22 July, 2006
    SET 1
    Wash
    Corduroy
    Hail, Hail
    World Wide Suicide
    Severed Hand
    Given To Fly
    Even Flow
    Down
    I Am Mine
    Unemployable
    Daughter
    It's Ok
    Gone
    Black
    Insignificance
    Life Wasted
    Blood
    ENCORE 1
    Footsteps
    Once
    Alive
    State Of Love And Trust
    Crown Of Thorns
    Leash
    Porch
    ENCORE 2
    Last Kiss
    Inside Job
    Go
    Baba O'Riley
    Dirty Frank
    Yellow Ledbetter

Pretty obvious choice, but it was released in stores for a reason.

LE DOME DE MARSEILLE
    MARSEILLE, FRANCE
    SET 1
    Long Road
    Why Go
    Do The Evolution
    Severed Hand
    Corduroy
    Whipping
    Red Mosquito
    Given To Fly
    Down
    Even Flow
    Wishlist
    World Wide Suicide
    Glorified G
    Satan's Bed
    Porch
    ENCORE 1
    Fatal
    Off He Goes
    Black
    I Believe In Miracles
    Alive
    ENCORE 2
    Last Exit
    Leash
    Better Man
    Dirty Frank
    Comatose
    Fuckin' Up

Always been partial to this one. Love Dirty Frank and Fatal in the same show. Great Even Flow in this one as well.

NEWCASTLE ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE
    NEWCASTLE, AUSTRALIA
    Sun 19 November, 2006
    SET 1
    Alive
    Life Wasted
    Severed Hand
    Save You
    Insignificance
    Unemployable
    Brain Of J.
    Red Mosquito
    Given To Fly
    Last Exit
    Hail, Hail
    Better Man
    Daughter
    War
    Whipping
    Leatherman
    Down
    Do The Evolution
    Undone
    Rearviewmirror
    ENCORE 1
    Thumbing My Way
    Masters Of War
    Footsteps
    Crown Of Thorns
    Alone
    Even Flow
    ENCORE 2
    Corduroy
    Fuckin' Up
    Yellow Ledbetter
    Little Wing

My favorite show for the year. Great energy from the get go with the Alive opener. Corduroy>Fuckin' Up>RITFW in the second encore is bananas.

• reedrothchildreedrothchild Posts: 538
    edited April 2015
    2007-2008

THE VIC THEATRE
    CHICAGO, ILLINOIS
    Thu 2 August, 2007
    SET 1
    All Or None
    Education
    Sad
    In Hiding
    Parachutes
    I'm Open
    Wishlist
    Down
    Undone
    Off He Goes
    Hard To Imagine
    Gods' Dice
    World Wide Suicide
    Rats
    Gone
    Why Go
    ENCORE 1
    No More
    Inside Job
    Low Light
    Love Reign O'er Me
    ENCORE 2
    Comatose
    Black Diamond
    Sonic Reducer
    ENCORE 3
    Indifference
    PRE-OPENER
    Trouble
    Dead Man Walking
    I Used to Work In Chicago
    All The Way
    Picture In A Frame

Pretty self explanatory. A little sloppy at parts, but likely the most bust out filled setlist of all time and the pre set is terrific with Ed in great spirits.

OLYMPIAHALLE
    MUNICH, GERMANY
    Tue 12 June, 2007
    SET 1
    Sometimes
    Porch
    Why Go
    Gods' Dice
    Given To Fly
    Dissident
    Severed Hand
    Sad
    Unemployable
    Even Flow
    I Got Id
    Whipping
    Down
    Present Tense
    Save You
    Rearviewmirror
    ENCORE 1
    Inside Job
    Do The Evolution
    Better Man
    Save it for Later
    Alive
    ENCORE 2
    No More
    Footsteps
    Throw Your Hatred Down
    Blood
    Baba O'Riley

The band was feelin Germany this year. Love Porch second song in. Throw Your Hatred Down is always a treat.

ISS DOME
    DUSSELDORF, GERMANY
    Thu 21 June, 2007
    SET 1
    Sometimes
    Whipping
    Brain Of J.
    Do The Evolution
    Insignificance
    In Hiding
    Severed Hand
    Sad
    I Am Mine
    Inside Job
    Why Go
    Daughter
    Breath
    State Of Love And Trust
    I'm Open
    Come Back
    Once
    Life Wasted
    ENCORE 1
    I Believe In Miracles
    Not For You
    Modern Girl
    Wasted Reprise
    Black
    Alive
    ENCORE 2
    Given To Fly
    Rats
    Comatose
    Baba O'Riley
    Yellow Ledbetter

Some gems in the Euro 2007 tour. Wish they played more shows as they would have been a bit tighter. Great main set here.

BONNAROO
    MANCHESTER, TENNESSEE
    Sat 14 June, 2008
    SET 1
    Hard To Imagine
    Corduroy
    All Night
    Why Go
    Down
    Who You Are
    Severed Hand
    1/2 Full
    Animal
    Even Flow
    Daughter
    Gone
    Love Reign O'er Me
    Do The Evolution
    Rearviewmirror
    ENCORE 1
    W.M.A.
    Better Man
    Save it for Later
    Black
    Life Wasted
    Crazy Mary
    Porch
    ENCORE 2
    No More
    Release
    Alive
    ENCORE 3
    All Along The Watchtower

Just an absolute throw down in front of a festival crowd that was largely not there to see PJ. Awesome to see release back in the encore. Great versions of Porch and C-Mary.

DODGE MUSIC CENTER
    HARTFORD, CONNECTICUT
    Fri 27 June, 2008
    SET 1
    Can't Keep
    Breakerfall
    Last Exit
    Gods' Dice
    All Night
    Sad
    Brain Of J.
    Big Wave
    In Hiding
    Not For You
    Modern Girl
    Daughter
    Another Brick In The Wall
    Why Go
    Jeremy
    Gone
    Immortality
    Porch
    ENCORE 1
    Garden
    Better Man
    Even Flow
    Comatose
    Leash
    Blood
    Atomic Dog
    ENCORE 2
    Smile
    Do The Evolution
    Alive
    Fuckin' Up
    Yellow Ledbetter
    Little Wing

This one more than made up for 2006. Never miss a Hartford show! The opening run of songs is terrific.

Post edited by reedrothchild on
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,031
    Thanks for posting this thread OP. I love to see other fans favorite boots. There is always 1 or 2 that are posted I end up checking out and usually love.
  • Thanks for posting this thread OP. I love to see other fans favorite boots. There is always 1 or 2 that are posted I end up checking out and usually love.

No problem. I'm hoping some folks throw out recs for me to check out as well. I'm sure there are some shows I need to revisit and some more recent shows from the last 5 years or so that are noteworthy that I haven't listened to.

• mattcozmattcoz Chicago Posts: 2,158

soundcheck: Faithfull, All Those Yesterdays, Brain of J (all instrumental, no vocals)
    set: Interstellar Overdrive, Corduroy, Hail Hail, Brain of J, Last Exit, Tremor Christ, Given to Fly, Jeremy, Faithfull, Nothingman, Improv, MFC, Habit, Off He Goes, Even Flow, Once, All Those Yesterdays, Go, Immortality
    enc: Do the Evolution, Leatherman, Better Man/(jam)/(RVM), Wishlist, Alive, Smile

My first show and still my favorite opening sequence.
  • mattcoz said:

My first show and still my favorite opening sequence.
    Such a great opening few songs and a unique energetic encore. Wish I was there!