Post Your RSD 2015 Haul Here!

1235»

Comments

• derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    edited April 2015
    tino_11 said:

Long shot but if anybody bought the Black Star single and no longer wants it please let me know. It wasn't released here in the UK.

My record shop just posted a picture of some of the stuff they have left from Record Store Day:

Is this the one you are looking for???

Let me know if you'd like me to grab it for you!!
    :plus_one:
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• SD48277 said:

Citizen Dick
    The White Stripes
    The Saints - Eternally Yours
    Justin Townes Earle - Live At Grimey's
    Silverchair - Tomorrow

Have you had a chance to listen to the JTE live yet? I was really hoping to score that one but I may need to turn to eBay...:(
    Don't go to the 'Bay. I can check my record store tomorrow, if you like. I saw a copy when I was in there this afternoon.
    Just saw your kind offer. Hopefully I didn't put you out. I ended going out to a different shop the next day and scored one for about $20. So glad I did, I really enjoy it. So my JTE vinyl collection is complete..l for now. ;)

But thanks again!
    here for the music...
  • moretonbayfigmoretonbayfig Australia Posts: 805
    Citizen Dick
    Wu-Tang Clan
    silverchair
    John Butler Trio
    OFF!
    :D
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited April 2015
    Scored:

7"
    Citizen Dick -- "Touch Me I'm Dick"
    Syd Barrett/REM -- "Dark Globe" split

10"
    Miles Davis -- The Prestige LP Collection Vol. 2

12"
    The Dead Milkmen -- Beelzebubba (colored)
    The Doors -- Strange Days (mono)
    DRI -- Live at CBGB's 1984 (colored)
    Jethro Tull -- Live at Carnegie Hall
    The Mighty Mighty Bosstones -- Question the Answers (colored)
    Mark Mothersbaugh -- The Lego Movie OST (picture)
    Otis Redding -- Otis Blue: Otis Redding Sings Soul (mono, stereo and colored 7")
    Sly and the Family Stone -- Live at the Fillmore East (colored)
    Social Distortion -- Social Distortion (colored)
    The Stooges -- Have Some Fun: Live at Ungano's (colored)
    Sugarhill Gang -- Rapper's Delight: The Best of Sugarhill Gang
    The White Stripes -- Get Behind Me Satan (colored, funky hologramlike cover)

Still ISO:

7"
    Bernard Herrmann -- Psycho OST (colored)

12"
    Don Van Vliet (better known as Captain Beefheart) and the Magic Band -- Rough Raw and Amazing: Live at Leicester De Montfort Hall 1972
    Neko Case -- Fox Confessor Brings the Flood (colored)

Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,164
    Anyone got the Dylan Basement Tapes 200g pink vinyl? Is it drool-worthy? Would love to see some pictures of the actual vinyl! I passed on it because it was $84 at my record store and 200g seemed like overkill, but they didn't tell me it was PINK! Yeah, I'm a total sucker.
    Suziemay said:

Anyone got the Dylan Basement Tapes 200g pink vinyl? Is it drool-worthy? Would love to see some pictures of the actual vinyl! I passed on it because it was $84 at my record store and 200g seemed like overkill, but they didn't tell me it was PINK! Yeah, I'm a total sucker.

Heading out again to hunt for Neko. If I see this, I can get it for you.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:

Suziemay said:

Thanks! Only if it's under $100. It seems to be selling for close to $200 on eBay so I doubt you'd find it but hey, never know!

Good luck with your Neko hunt!
    Suziemay said:

dankind said:

Suziemay said:

Thanks! Only if it's under $100. It seems to be selling for close to $200 on eBay so I doubt you'd find it but hey, never know!

Good luck with your Neko hunt!
    Struck out on those, but picked up some good used stuff:

X -- Wild Gift
    David Bowie -- Lodger
    Suzanne Vega -- Suzanne Vega
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • I am searching for the Neko Album as well! Only one i wanted that i wasn't able to score. I managed to get 2 copies of the White Stripes (one for me and one for a friend in another city who struck out). My local store still had 20+ copies when i left and still have 5 or so copies the next day. If anyone needs one I would call Green Light Records - Kalamazoo, Michgian and see if they have any left and they will more than likely ship it to you.

If anyone gets a lead on Neko, other than ebay priced copies, please let me know.

Anyway here was my score on RSD:
    12"
    White Stripes -GBMS
    The Doors - Strange Days
    The Charlie Parker Story
    The Best of Sugar Hill Gang - Rappers Delight

10"
    Cold War Kids - Five Quick Cuts
    Off! - Live from the BBC

7"
    Citizen Dick
    Black Key/Junior Kimbrough

• I got.
    Into the wild
    Temple of the Dog
    Mad Season and
    Perfect Circle 13th Step.

Had mystery in my cart but kept crashing and missed out. Still a pretty good haul. All new sealed-until I got them. Now spun.
  • lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,734
    edited April 2015
    I was away on vacation so I missed the chaos of getting there when the store opened. Had a friend grab a couple things for me that morning, and got everything else on my list over the next few days...I think I'm onto something here :)

Citizen Dick 7"
    Better Call Saul 7"
    Spaceape 7"
    Gert Wilden's Schulmadchen report 7"
    Jackie Greene 7"
    Black Keys 7"
    Sex Metal Barbie 7"
    Sharon Jones & the Dap-KIngs 7"

The Replacements 10"
    Garbage 10"
    Liam Finn 10"
    Foo Fighters 10"

John Butler 12"
    Lemonheads 12"
    Gov't Mule 12"

Also grabbed the Phish box set but I might return it. Got the TMR Elvis release from their website yesterday.
    Post edited by lotsalemon on
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    photo IMG_8425_zpsqjzqibci.jpg
  • Dr Emmett BrownDr Emmett Brown Posts: 594
    edited April 2015
    Got to my local shop four hours before it opened, was second in the queue and got very, very cold. Was only there for Foo Fighters and Biffy Clyro really, but bought a few more once I was in.

7"
    The Who - Be Lucky
    Stephen Hawking/Monty Python - Galaxy Song

10"
    Foo Fighters - Songs From The Laundry Room

12"
    The Sex Pistols- Never Mind The Bollocks
    Bruce Springsteen - The River

They didn't order in Biffy, so am weighing up whether to buy off of discogs or ebay
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434

photo IMG_8425_zpsqjzqibci.jpg

When I look at that, I think of everyone in the Cincy pit listening to the guy scream, "GUIDED BY VOICES! GUIDED BY VOICES!" In fact, when I saw it on the RSD rack, that's exactly how I said it to my husband.

Nice blue vinyl!
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited April 2015
    Suziemay said:

I thought that was the best release this year... Considering it is limited to 1000 hand numbered and signed by garth Hudson I think it's a pretty tough find

The good news is there are easier to find versions if you want the music which is probably what I will end up doing
    Post edited by my2hands on
  • MaxGoldenrodMaxGoldenrod Posts: 1,341
    Citizen Dick
    Johnny Cash
    Liam Finn
    Midlake
    "Then the Spirit of God hovered over the water, and God said, Let there be music, and there was Pearl Jam."

Whose idea was it for the word "Lisp" to have an "S" in it?
    my2hands said:

Suziemay said:

I thought that was the best release this year... Considering it is limited to 1000 hand numbered and signed by garth Hudson I think it's a pretty tough find

The good news is there are easier to find versions if you want the music which is probably what I will end up doing
    I grabbed the 130g and 180g versions :blush: The silly collector in me is kicking myself at not grabbing the 200g too. But mainly because it's PINK! I thought it was black so I was like, no thank you and stop trying to upsell me, you silly people! :rofl:
  • CJ260717CJ260717 Posts: 414
    So now I have a bit of buyer's remorse and think I'm going to return something. I grabbed the Grateful Dead 5x LP for $113 and now see it selling for about $80.00.

I wasn't really thrilled with a vinyl release from a show in 1990, and I thought the price was a bit of a money grab to begin with. Any I crazy to do this??

Now I wish I grab the Dylan release instead. I have been listening to it on flac and it is excellent.

• RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,768
    CJ260717 said:

So now I have a bit of buyer's remorse and think I'm going to return something. I grabbed the Grateful Dead 5x LP for $113 and now see it selling for about $80.00.

I wasn't really thrilled with a vinyl release from a show in 1990, and I thought the price was a bit of a money grab to begin with. Any I crazy to do this??

Now I wish I grab the Dylan release instead. I have been listening to it on flac and it is excellent.

Kinda feel the same way about the Phish box set I bought.
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,923
    derbydave said:

tino_11 said:

Long shot but if anybody bought the Black Star single and no longer wants it please let me know. It wasn't released here in the UK.

My record shop just posted a picture of some of the stuff they have left from Record Store Day:

Thanks Dave! Pm sent.
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
    tino_11 said:

derbydave said:

tino_11 said:

Thanks Dave! Pm sent.
    PM'd you back...
    Your record is on hold & I'll pick it up for you tomorrow!!
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2

Hey Marek...
    Picked up your Black Star record on my way home from work tonight:

Grabbed an album mailer too...
    If I still have a blank customs form on hand,
    I'll try to get it in the mail to you on Monday!!

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Did anyone who scored a U2 on RSD open it to find your disc 2 was actually Tool's Opiate?
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957

Did anyone who scored a U2 on RSD open it to find your disc 2 was actually Tool's Opiate?

Woah, that's odd.
  • darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,465
    edited April 2015

Woah, that's odd.
    Apparently it was a pressing plant issue in the UK:

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/rock/6538864/u2-tool-record-store-day-2015-songs-innocence-opiate

It also started a minor social media kerfuffle:

http://loudwire.com/tool-u2-album-record-store-day-mishap-nice-try/
    Post edited by darthvedder on
  • tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,923
    derbydave said:

Hey Marek...
    Picked up your Black Star record on my way home from work tonight:

Grabbed an album mailer too...
    If I still have a blank customs form on hand,
    I'll try to get it in the mail to you on Monday!!

Thanks for all your help Dave, it's much appreciated!
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    Got the dick and some new order..not sure was rsd release
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364

Got the dick and some new order..not sure was rsd release

YO, keep it clean!!!!

haha
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • BikePHLBikePHL Posts: 471
    Over all I am very very happy with my Record Store Day haul from this year, but I do have a couple "epic fails." I decided not to get into the hype of having a list. I knew I wanted the Citizen Dick 7" but beyond that I basically just went to the record store and bought what struck me.

Fail #1: Bad Reputation- Side by Side by Freedy Johnston and Death Cab for Cutie. I thought I was buying covers of Joan Jett's song. I had completely blocked out who Freedy Johnston was and that he had done a song called Bad Reputation. In my mind I was buying Death Cab for Cutie and some other dude covering Joan Jett.

Fail #2 Jon Hopkins - I have no idea why I bought this one. Id never heard of hime before, I just felt compelled to buy it. Somes time you go for it and find something new and it blows your mind. other times, you go for it and end up with Jon Hopkins...
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 03, 2011, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 04, 2011, Eddie Vedder Solo - Tower Theater - June 25, 2011, Tres Mountains - TLA - March 23, 2011, Brad - World Cafe Live- Oct. 10, 2010, Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 31, 2009, Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 27, 2009, Eddie Vedder Solo - Tower Theater- June 12, 2009, Eddie Vedder Solo - Tower Theater- June 11,2009, Susquehanna Bank Center - Jun 20, 2008, Susquehanna Bank Center - Jun 19, 2008, Tweeter Center at the Waterfront - May 27, 2006, Wachovia Center - Oct 03, 2005, Fleet Center - Sep 29, 2004, Tweeter Center - Jul 02, 2003, Tweeter Center - Jul 11, 2003, First Union Spectrum Arena - Apr 28, 2003, Blockbuster Music Entertainment Center - Aug 29, 1998, RFK Stadium - Jun 14, 1998
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    okay...so I usually miss out on RSD because my anniversary is around the same time....

Thankfully, I was able to score the 10c RSD Mystery Box-getting up at 6:30am while on vacation is not easy.
    Came home on Monday and went to Easy Street on Wednesday to look over the picked over vinyls, scored:
    *Social D blue vinyl
    *Garbage 10"
    *Kenny Wayne Shepherd
    not RSD, but I did find PJ Five Alive in green

The nice folks there told me a secret, and I was able to grab a Citizen Dick today. THANK YOU Easy Street!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless