dinosaur jr

So first time here as usually spend all my time lurking around LD and the Porch.

I am after any dino jr fans out there. I have been a huge fan since 1989 and was needing some help

I am after their RSD releases - the 7" pack and also the white just like Heaven.

I will be in transit to another country so can not do rsd this year. Any help in grabbing me these I will be forever in debt.

Thanks guys

Comments

• spnoonespnoone Posts: 625
    i can almost certainly grab you a copy, but they're printing a laughable 5000. that's at least triple the realistic demand. wait a week and flippers will be desperate to recoup 70% of what they paid. same thing happened with the metallica and bob pollard boxes. even the 2nd and 3rd dave matthews boxes aren't selling. wait this one out, you'll be better off, i promise. dino's last rsd release was limited to 500 and half are still on ebay.
  • Release EVRelease EV Posts: 1,998
    Cheers mate. I will take that advice. I take the 5000 copies are the 7" box set? What about the run for the White Just Like Heaven?

The only thing I am concerned about is that I farked up on the 500 Green vinyl run of "You're Living All Over Me", and now the cheapest is double on ebay.

Thanks again for your input
    the split single you might wanna get that day, but worst case scenario is you pay $20 for it later. i haven't seen a count, but they always print a lot of those side by sides. husker/green day, otis/aretha, dead/dr john, doors/x, they're all still for sale in the $12-15 range.

still, if you want either or both, shoot me a pm a day or 2 before and i'll grab em for you. i'll be hitting 3 stores.
    I just my take you up on that. Thanks bro. As I will be in transit April 19, I either take the risk (low as it may be cos you know your shit and the Green Day etc are great examples) or I just get them through you on the day. Will chat closer to April 19.
  • smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    I will be after these that day myself as well
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
    shit, i'm just seeing this and your pm now. i do plan on grabbing both dinos and the soundgarden box for you if i'm able.

you wouldn't happen to have any mp3's you could send of j doing fade into you, or stop draggin my heart around, would you?
  • FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    Dino box will be on the labels website today I think,
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Got a free purple 45 at my local shop for RSD!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    I'm not sure why this band didn't work for me in the past. I read about them years ago in Michael Azerrad's EXCELLENT book, Our Band Could Be Your Life and checked them out and was nonplussed. But then I kept reading about Dino in some of my Henry Rollins books and then recently came across a cheap CD copy of "Where You Been" and for a few days just keep playing it to see where it would go.

Now I'm hooked and have become a certified Dino FANATIC! Thank you, Henry and Michael!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Where You Been was my introduction. I am sure you have gone and got the back catalog, but pick the 1991 Green Mind album. Mind blowing. Go from there. For me, the late 80's and early 90's albums are the best.
    Release EV wrote: »
    Where You Been was my introduction. I am sure you have gone and got the back catalog, but pick the 1991 Green Mind album. Mind blowing. Go from there. For me, the late 80's and early 90's albums are the best.

I couldn't find anything locally or down in Sacramento (amazing, huh?!) so I ordered some stuff from my favorite on-line guy- "Bug", "You're Living All Over Me". "Farm" and "I Bet on Sky". Looks like I'd better track down "Green Mind" to.

Thanks!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

No problems. While ur at it, pick up sebadoh's bakesale. One of the highly acclaimed albums of the 90s.

Lou Barlow is lead singer. Lou was kicked out of dinosaur jr. before Green Mind. He formed sebadoh. Bakesale is an epic then go from there. Note lou re joined dinosaur Jr for farm etc, well the last few albums anyway.

Sorry if I am telling u stuff u know.

Then go pick up Buffalo Tom's - big red letter day.

Again sorry if u know this shit
    No problem, Release EV. Always happy to hear about what music turns people on! Thanks for suggestions!

• smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    Bakesale is definitely a great album.
    Saw Dinosaur Jr on the I Bet On Sky tour, blew my ears apart
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
    smarchee wrote: »
    Bakesale is definitely a great album.
    Saw Dinosaur Jr on the I Bet On Sky tour, blew my ears apart

Sorry to hear that, Smarchee. I know the band has been heavily criticized for playing too loudly. I hope you didn't get any long-term damage from the experience. Sadly, because I have hyperacusis I will probably never go see Dinosaur Jr.

On a brighter note, I just got the four records I mentioned above cleaned and spinning today and, man oh man! My mind is being thoroughly blown. Having this much great music come all at once- oh man- this is one of the best rock and roll days of my life I am SO HAPPY to have stuck around long enough to have gotten into this band!!

So just on way home from seeing J Mascis at the Melbourne Recital Hall here in Australia. Farken awesome as usual. Fantastic venue to hear him and a good mix btn dinosaur jr (especially 90s) and his solo stuff.

Next weekend Soundwave that has Faith No More and Soundgarden headlining. Then Soundgarden's own show then ending the week off with the Foo Fighters. What a week starting next weekend

• intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,225
    I caught J Solo last fall. I'm itching for a dino show!
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Pretty cool tag brian adds to their song Halloween:

http://youtu.be/4gqlbnHfTFY
    BB, that is a cool clip. I have never given Gaslight a go. Seeing others are giving Dino Jr a go in this thread, I will check them out now for sure.
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    edited February 2015

BB, that is a cool clip. I have never given Gaslight a go. Seeing others are giving Dino Jr a go in this thread, I will check them out now for sure.

Def give them a check, you won't regret it at all.
    Post edited by badbrains on
    Check out a little Freak Scene :smiley:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Upua5qbyFI

One more to blow the lid off!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnPGqZQL5Mw

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,380
    on Brian's recommend, I just ordered Farm.....

P.S. hate to be a downer, Brian, but I think they used stunt guys in that video :wink:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • BikePHLBikePHL Posts: 471
    Summer Tour!!!
    Most shows are with Primus
    http://www.dinosaurjr.com/tour/
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 03, 2011, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 04, 2011, Eddie Vedder Solo - Tower Theater - June 25, 2011, Tres Mountains - TLA - March 23, 2011, Brad - World Cafe Live- Oct. 10, 2010, Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 31, 2009, Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 27, 2009, Eddie Vedder Solo - Tower Theater- June 12, 2009, Eddie Vedder Solo - Tower Theater- June 11,2009, Susquehanna Bank Center - Jun 20, 2008, Susquehanna Bank Center - Jun 19, 2008, Tweeter Center at the Waterfront - May 27, 2006, Wachovia Center - Oct 03, 2005, Fleet Center - Sep 29, 2004, Tweeter Center - Jul 02, 2003, Tweeter Center - Jul 11, 2003, First Union Spectrum Arena - Apr 28, 2003, Blockbuster Music Entertainment Center - Aug 29, 1998, RFK Stadium - Jun 14, 1998
    good news, wish I lived in the States
    Brian was right.....Farm kicks ass! :smiley:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive said:

on Brian's recommend, I just ordered Farm.....

P.S. hate to be a downer, Brian, but I think they used stunt guys in that video :wink:

Hate to admit it but that is a fact, however...

imalive said:

Brian was right.....Farm kicks ass! :smiley:

...I'm very happy to admit this is a fact as well! :smiley:

edited May 2015
    Oh to be there!

Soundcheck at Strawberry Music Fest Shanghai
    Post edited by brianlux on

Which one should I pick up next? :confounded:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    edited May 2015
    imalive said:

Which one should I pick up next? :confounded:

My suggestion would be "Where You Been". It's more uneven than "Farm" (which is now for sure my favorite) but I actually like that about it. It includes the Neil Youngish ballad "Not the Same" is mesmerizing and "Start Choppin" and "Get Me" are two songs I can listen to a thousand times and never get tired of. The re-issue vinyl has superb sound but the CD version has some extras throw in that are cool including the ending of the live version of "What else is New" is very cool!

After that maybe check out J Mascis' solo LP, "Several Shades of Why". I've read that J really didn't like the idea of doing an acoustic album but he took up the challenge of some friends to do it and with the help of some folks (including Kurt Vile) made a beautiful album, great for late night listening.

Post edited by brianlux on