Options

Why not change the ticket buying procedure?

gogochisoxgogochisox Posts: 3
edited February 2008 in The Porch
Yes I know I got screwed again. But really, why put everyone through this sham of a system.

Stagger the times each show is sold.

Limit purchases to one show per member.

GO back to the old email your purchases procedure.

Something has to be better than this system. I know the mantra TICKETMASTER SUCKS. But you know what, 10club ticketing has much work to do to improve.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    SkeeterBSkeeterB If I knew where it was, I would take you there... Posts: 422
    yeah, people get ticked, screwed, etc., but why should they go back?

it's not like these aren't selling out. in addition to the technical problems, fan club membership has increased significantly.

personally, at this point, i would have ticketmaster run the pre-sale for fan club members, without assigning seats. I wouldn't mind forking over another $10 to be assured a guaranteed ten club ticket. It appeases TM too, because I don't believe they get anything from the TC online sale. yeah, TM sucks, but it's also a fact of life. people would never have to worry about getting shut out of TC tickets.
    Fighting childhood obesity...
    www.amazingathletes.com/northchi
  • Options
    evenflowmanevenflowman Posts: 1,345
    At least do liek Ozzfest and have differnet show go on sale different days so not everyoen inthe fuckign country is on there trying to get tickets
  • Options
    4Powers204Powers20 Posts: 1,216
    At least do liek Ozzfest and have differnet show go on sale different days so not everyoen inthe fuckign country is on there trying to get tickets

PJ fans are known to go to more than one show per tour. If you staggered, it would make it easier for those people going to multiple shows per tour to get fanclub seats to each show. At least right now you have to decide which show you are trying for first.

"We're running out of beer, too?" EV 6/19/08

• Options
    rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,549
    There have been modifications through-out the history of Ten Club's ticketing. But I think the system needs an overhaul more than modification this time.

Isn't it sad that we have come to expect meltdowns on days like today?

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Everytime there is a ticket sale, there are a multitude of threads like this one. People need to understand that there are hundreds of us going for very few tickets. Try getting 30 people trying to get through one door, there will be a bottle neck and no one will get through. Same with these online sales. In the end all the tickets are sold, whether you get them straight away or later when the bottleneck has cleared a bit.

Large online ticket sales companies are the same. A couple of recent concerts come to mind where fan club tickets were sold via a large organisation (with password). Same scenario, server down, not knowing if your purchase went through, etc. It's just a fact of life. A frustrating one, but that's the way it goes. There will always be happy ones and not so happy ones.
  • Options
    gogochisox wrote:
    Yes I know I got screwed again. But really, why put everyone through this sham of a system.

Stagger the times each show is sold.

Limit purchases to one show per member.

GO back to the old email your purchases procedure.

Something has to be better than this system. I know the mantra TICKETMASTER SUCKS. But you know what, 10club ticketing has much work to do to improve.
    i think they should just get a trained chimpanzee to run the ticketing system here.....

he would surely do a better job......
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....