Eddie Vedder's Wine Cellar

Bushleaguer666Bushleaguer666 Long Island Posts: 45
If you have a photo of a wine label from one of their shows, please post it. In Memphis, Ed shared this Barolo which was so good that I bought a case. I would love to try other wines from his selection. Thanks.
photo imagejpg2_zpsc8f8c58b.jpg
photo imagejpg1_zps4502fb6b.jpg
Holmdel, NJ; July 14, 2003
Continental Airlines Arena, NJ; June 1, 2006
Madison Square Garden; June 24, 2008
The Prudential Center; May 18, 2010
Madison Square Garden 2; May 21, 2010
Barclay Center 2; October 19, 2013
Charlottesville, VA; October 29, 2013
Tulsa, OK; October 8, 2014
Lincoln, NE; October 9, 2014
Memphis, TN; October 14, 2014
Global Citizen; September 26, 2015
Tampa, FL; April 11, 2016
Madison Square Garden 1; May 1, 2016
Madison Square Garden 2; May 2, 2016
Toronto, Canada 2; May 12, 2016
Tagged:

Comments

• badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255

If you have a photo of a wine label from one of their shows, please post it. In Memphis, Ed shared this Barolo which was so good that I bought a case. I would love to try other wines from his selection. Thanks.
    photo imagejpg2_zpsc8f8c58b.jpg
    photo imagejpg1_zps4502fb6b.jpg

I had some wine in cincy from vedder that was fucken amazing! Guess when you're a rockstar, fine wines are a given! And a taken! =))
    and if I'm not mistaken, i believe he used to drink a siduri wine from the vanderkamp winery? I could be wrong.
  • Bushleaguer666Bushleaguer666 Long Island Posts: 45
    Thanks. I'll see if I can find it.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    maybe he drinks Maynard's wine? B-)
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

I have a bottle from I believe 08. From what I'm hearing, his winery is really kick ass. Heard he's got some great wines. The one I tried in 08 was ok. But I'm sure he's got that shit down. Cadacus sellers.
  • jumbojetjumbojet Posts: 1,484
    How much does this Barolo cost in US?
    What's your part, who you are?

2012: Arras, Berlin 1-2
    2013: Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires
    2014: Milano, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: NY MSG 1
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    The 'king' of wines. I have seen bottles in our shop for around $50 a bottle. Little pricey for a bottle of red.
    www.cluthelee.com

The 'king' of wines. I have seen bottles in our shop for around $50 a bottle. Little pricey for a bottle of red.

I'm with you on that. You can find plenty of GREAT bottles of red for under $20, matter of fact under $15.
  • From the St. Paul show

350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    So do we think Eddie is actually an aficionado or something? Does he subscribe to Wine Enthusiasts Magazine and track which years are the good years for certain vineyards and which are the bad years, and actually makes his wine purchases based on this knowledge??? Because I find that Hard To Imagine. But maybe he does, I dunno. Or maybe he just asks someone else who actually knows wine to avoid the slop and then throws whatever it is back straight out of the bottle without really thinking about it. ;)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:

So do we think Eddie is actually an aficionado or something? Does he subscribe to Wine Enthusiasts Magazine and track which years are the good years for certain vineyards and which are the bad years, and actually makes his wine purchases based on this knowledge??? Because I find that Hard To Imagine. But maybe he does, I dunno. Or maybe he just asks someone else who actually knows wine to avoid the slop and then throws whatever it is back straight out of the bottle without really thinking about it. ;)

What else would he do with his time? It's not like they tour ALL year. I'd say he def knows his grapes. There's also a clip somewhere I believe Santiago chile in 2013(?) where he's on stage with chelli during Maynard's set. And from what I'm hearing, cadacus sellers is REALLY good.
    edited November 2014
    badbrains said:

PJ_Soul said:

What else would he do with his time? It's not like they tour ALL year. I'd say he def knows his grapes. There's also a clip somewhere I believe Santiago chile in 2013(?) where he's on stage with chelli during Maynard's set. And from what I'm hearing, cadacus sellers is REALLY good.
    Well there are a million things he could do with his time, and he seems pretty damn busy all the time to me. It takes some real time and, more importantly, a specific interest in all the nitty-gritty of knowing wine. Just because he enjoys drinking good wine doesn't mean he really knows wine and has an interest that goes any deeper than how it tastes when he chugs it straight from the bottle. I mean, this is a guy who drank regurgitated beer. :))
    Maybe he is super into it! But has anyone ever seen him sniffing and sipping wine? I've personally only ever seen him slugging it back, slopping it on his shirt, and then passing it to the crowd because it's fun to drink booze. :P
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata

I bought a case of 12 for $480 from a friend who owns a liquor store. He sold it to me at cost.

From the St. Paul show

Thank you monkeywrench.

I bought a case of 12 for $480 from a friend who owns a liquor store. He sold it to me at cost.
    If it's wine that I had in cincy, it's way worth $40 a bottle. That wine was seriously good.
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821

$50 a bottle isn't pricey when we are talking wine.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090

I beg to differ. Some of the best italian red wine I've had cost me $12 USD. I've had the pricey stuff before too.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • The 'king' of wines. I have seen bottles in our shop for around $50 a bottle. Little pricey for a bottle of red.

I beg to differ. Some of the best italian red wine I've had cost me $12 USD. I've had the pricey stuff before too.
    After the first five glasses you're not drinking for taste anymore be it a $50 or a $10 bottle.
    To the OP, I always have had the opinion that either you like a wine or you don't.
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    badbrains said:

If it's wine that I had in cincy, it's way worth $40 a bottle. That wine was seriously good.
    I agree. I had that wine, too. I would have kept the cup and drank all that was in there, but the security guard made me share. :(
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
    deadendp said:

badbrains said:

I agree. I had that wine, too. I would have kept the cup and drank all that was in there, but the security guard made me share. :(
    I had my own cup and shared it with couple of 10C members in my row. Still got the cup with the picks Mikee threw me. Over all one of the best nights of my life. Surreal

After the first five glasses you're not drinking for taste anymore be it a $50 or a $10 bottle.
    To the OP, I always have had the opinion that either you like a wine or you don't.
    Price is literally meaningless. There are some super cheap wines that are usually pretty bad, but just happen to have an fucking incredible year or two so you can get a $10 bottle that is better than most $60+ bottles, and $60+ bottles that taste like shit because they're having a bad year or a string of them.
    But yeah, if you're going to have more than 2 glasses of wine, go with the cheap shit, because after that it just doesn't matter - you're trying to get drunk (and no shame in that.... unless you've got a drinking problem).

We weren't talking about quality, we were talking about price. I stand by my comment that $50 isn't considered pricey for wine (any wine, but particularly red wine). If you want to talk about quality, that's a different story.

We weren't talking about quality, we were talking about price. I stand by my comment that $50 isn't considered pricey for wine (any wine, but particularly red wine). If you want to talk about quality, that's a different story.
    Correct

And shit, 2 glasses of wine and I'm vedder stumbling on the stage. True story.
    badbrains said:

Correct

2 glasses and you're vedder? I smell a tribute band.

badbrains said:

Correct

Maybe we can call the group "OFFI-cal" ?
  • JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427

I think 2-feign-reluctance's point may have been (and I agree if it was) that the whole concept of what's "pricey" and what's not is also relative. I agree with feign: $50 for a bottle of wine IS pricey in my circles. I've gotten around a bit and had the pricier stuff... Trader Joe's shiraz is totally cool with me. I have also drunk from Ed's bottle (I guess back in the days when he gave us the bottle and we gave it back - aaaah the old days when you got PJ cooties right from the source! :) ), and I will agree that it DID taste extra awesome (it was '06, not sure what brand he was drinking then but it was amazing), so I get the idea that some wines really are worth the splurge. But I agree with feign that while I do realize many in the world spend more than $50 on a bottle on a regular basis, for some of us, it IS pricey (and not the norm) to spend anything more than $20 on a bottle of wine. It's all relative.
  • badbrains said:

I have a bottle from I believe 08. From what I'm hearing, his winery is really kick ass. Heard he's got some great wines. The one I tried in 08 was ok. But I'm sure he's got that shit down. Cadacus sellers.
    I had the Lilith from Caduceus and while it was good it was pretty damn expensive for a blend. He's (Maynard) is definitely heading in the right direction with his wine though.

If you want a really good bang for your buck try Los Vascos Cabernet. $10 a bottle. It's a decent wine for the price.

If you want pricier and tastier try anything from the Howell Mountain region. Kick ass wines.
    Mid range Seghesio and Rodney Strong are good 25-30 bottles.

I love talking wine people!
  • TinAntTinAnt Posts: 343
    JH6056 said:

I think 2-feign-reluctance's point may have been (and I agree if it was) that the whole concept of what's "pricey" and what's not is also relative. I agree with feign: $50 for a bottle of wine IS pricey in my circles. I've gotten around a bit and had the pricier stuff... Trader Joe's shiraz is totally cool with me. I have also drunk from Ed's bottle (I guess back in the days when he gave us the bottle and we gave it back - aaaah the old days when you got PJ cooties right from the source! :) ), and I will agree that it DID taste extra awesome (it was '06, not sure what brand he was drinking then but it was amazing), so I get the idea that some wines really are worth the splurge. But I agree with feign that while I do realize many in the world spend more than $50 on a bottle on a regular basis, for some of us, it IS pricey (and not the norm) to spend anything more than $20 on a bottle of wine. It's all relative.
    Do you hang out under the bridge, standing around a barrel burning 2x4s and pallets? You don't have to keep the paper bag the bottle came in you know....

badbrains said:

I had the Lilith from Caduceus and while it was good it was pretty damn expensive for a blend. He's (Maynard) is definitely heading in the right direction with his wine though.

If you want a really good bang for your buck try Los Vascos Cabernet. $10 a bottle. It's a decent wine for the price.

If you want pricier and tastier try anything from the Howell Mountain region. Kick ass wines.
    Mid range Seghesio and Rodney Strong are good 25-30 bottles.

I love talking wine people!
    Pretty damn expensive for a blend? What does that mean? Only the US makes a virtue of single varietal wines. (Well, maybe Australia as well). That's something that got started when early US producers didn't have any appellation names to use in marketing (e.g. Chateauneuf du Pape, etc.). Most of the rest of the world sees the value in blends.
  • whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    badbrains said:

badbrains said:

Correct

Maybe we can call the group "OFFI-cal" ?
    Lmao!!