Options

I need to Vent.....

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this but need to get some stuff out. Please dont rip me a new one too hard..

First, can we stop asking for songs on here for a dead relative or a stroke victim or cause some horribly tragic happened to you or someone you know. Its friggin morbid and depressing. Cant someone here request a song cause they just got a new job or their mother BEAT cancer? How about you just had the best sex of your life, can i request "Animal"? I feel bad for people who have suffered on here with tragedies and loss and i understand how music can help but can we stop trying to one up people on here with who has had the worst stuff happened to them. Request a song cause something good has happened, something positive.

Second, why the hell would that nurse in Dallas get on a god damn plane if she was supposed to be monitored daily for Ebola? i dont understand how stupid some of these people are being. Now she has put a whole plane and numerous people in danger. i hope we are all over reacting but cant people use their god damn heads? Hey CDC, what the hell are you doing? I give great thanks to these health care workers but use your god damn heads. You signed up to be a nurse or dr or whatever. Stupidity is what will ruin this country and cause a deadly virus to spread. (too much?)

Third and last, does it seem Eddie is sick alot when they are touring? Ed, wash your hands more. Maybe PJ should stick to touring in the summer during non cold , flu season? It doesnt seem like the other guys are ever sick but then again they arent singing. Eddie, take a vitamin.

Ok, thats all i got. Let the rude comments start. Sorry about the spelling. Im drunk.

Comments

• Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,185
    edited October 2014
    ok let me address each of your points....

your first gripe- yeah- that's your opinion... just goes to show that there are a lot of sad stories out there. my heart goes out to them and in a perfect world everyone would get their song.

your second gripe- hope someone requests a song for that nurse. fucking kidding.... yeah this shit has been handled really badly. CONSPIRACY ALERT- almost makes you think that they wouldn't mind letting something this deadly loose in the USA to kill a few of the poor, lowlifes, scumbags and anyone else deemed not up to "their" standards. remember AIDS in the 80s. it was a disease for gay people. no.... "they" wouldn't do something like that. probably just good ol' fashioned incompetency. gov't is so good at that.

your third gripe- I always live in fear of him getting sick right before my show. let's see- drinking all the time, smoking like a chimney, staying up all night.... check, check, check. shit takes it's toll. I know personally. as for his hand washing habits- I don't pretend to know. don't touch the restroom door, Ed!! that shit is filthy.

love the fuck outta Ed though. take care of yourself, man.

EDIT: oh yeah, I am sober right now. ;)
    Post edited by lolobugg on

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,758
    This is the funniest shit I've ever read on here.

"Animal" request down to "Eddie take a vitamin." Hilarious.

You're a fun drunk.

• Options
    1. I totally agree with you, very sick of song requests. The one at Wrigley was very special. We need to leave it at that. My heart goes out to everyone who lost someone but there are far to many play this song.
    2. I totally agree with you. What a dumb fuck if youre near that shit you should be quarantined. I dont care if you dont have any symptoms most of these people never started with any. Its a fucking joke and its putting us all in harms way.
    3. Again, I totally agree with you, why does he get sick so much? Either he has a horrible immune system or he says he has a cold when he blows his voice out the night before.
    Wrigley 2013 Cinci 2014
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    Damn. You get all philosophical when you're drunk. Now I have a question. How many did you have? Maybe stop the hard liquor...
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    1-HALTS MAUL! =))

2-Don't you have to exchange bodily fluids to contact Ebola? :-B

3-umm, ya..... B-)
  • Options
    100% agree on your 1st rant.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    badbrains said:

1-HALTS MAUL! =))

pretty much sums it up
    said everything in two words

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    silentJsilentJ Columbus, OH Posts: 199
    1- HLTS MAUL +1, don't leave your waste here

2-It is true so far ebola is only transmitted through bodily fluids, but this could easily be spread through sweat, unclean nads post bathroom on doornobs etc. This second Dallas nurse should lose her nursing licence. She knew she was exposed to ebola and then got on a plane and traveled?! WTF. She's a healthcare worked (like myself). Don't cry you haven't been trained for this either. In the inpatient setting especially universal precautions are ingrained in all of us. We do it all the time for for lesser infectious scenarios. So when a health care practitioner knows ebola is a possibility and they don't take STANDARD universal precautions I am dumbfounded. We're not even talking airborne, or droplet precautions. Just basics. Now add getting on a plane after KNOWING you were in reach of something so contagious and hard to treat. Criminal.

3- Eddie shoudl take universal precautions during all shows........:)
  • Options
    nads = hands........ oops
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    yeah. I know it sounds insensitive, but we really need to lay off on these requests a bit. It has grown out of whack.
    Just for the Detroit show alone, I see like 8 different song requests. That is 25% of the show. If Im going to said show, I dont need to know a bunch of the setlist before I go.
    Also, it is self important. Nobody knows your Aunt Gertrude at the show besides you, and maybe your guest. Eddie doesnt know, I dont know, Keely doesnt.
    Any show will provide numerous opportunities to get sentimental and spiritual with plights and/or loss. I remember being in tears at my first EV solo show listening to Man of the Hour thinking about a close friend who recently passed away.
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    That rant reminds me of Casey Casems rant.
  • Options
    silentJ said:

Same prob. Unclean nads on the toilet. Unclean hands opening the bathroom door. Scary shit, literally... Some scary shit!!!
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    silentJ said:

you had me scared there for a minute.
    thinking about someone rubbing contagious nads on the doorhandle...
    =))

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    Lol, in the healthcare setting you must be prepared for contagious nads no matter where they may be runned :D
  • Options
    silentJ said:

Lol, in the healthcare setting you must be prepared for contagious nads no matter where they may be runned :D

Damn it! Runned = rubbed

I am shamed. Please forgive
  • Options
    You guys are the fucking best!!!

This is what I've gotten out of this so far:

"Animal" for good sex.
    CDC doesn't know what they're doing.
    Eddie may or may not have a good or bad hand-washing / vitamin taking regimen.
    Government conspiracies.
    Dumb non-quarantined nurses.
    Hard liquor inspired philosophy.
    HALTS MAUL.
    Unclean nads on bathroom doorknobs.
    Crying non-trained nurses.
    Keely does not know Aunt Gertrude.

Is this where I request a song now??
    ...just got a fresh bottle.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    HAULTS MAUL is damn right
  • Options
    edited October 2014

"Animal" for good sex.
    Government conspiracies.
    HALTS MAUL.

PLEASE....Ed is prob reading this shit right now!!!

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    OMGkatwomanOMGkatwoman Posts: 3,230

"Animal" for good sex.
    Government conspiracies.
    HALTS MAUL.

=))
  • Options

"Animal" for good sex.
    Government conspiracies.
    HALTS MAUL.

Is it for Aunt Gertrude??? Or about your cousin's friend's brother's former college roommate who you met just once, but was cool, and died at age 75???
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I don't begrudge anyone putting out a song request (though no need to bump it every hour!), but it'd be nice if there were a separate section of the board dedicated to them. Call it "Play C-3" or something.

(also, screw that nurse for basically giving the finger to protocol and everyone she came in contact with. Idiot.)
  • Options
    sheckyshecky San Francisco Posts: 1,440
    I agree 100% with the OP's comments - thanks for having the balls to say it.
  • Options
    Ok when are you going to vent.

Hi this is the choir your preaching to us.

1 & 2 right there with you.

3 not going to judge how one takes care of themselves. To each there own. Also you don't know the others are not sick, in fact I think Stone and Jeff have only been not sick on tour a few times. It just so happened that those were the nights they said sure I'll sing one song.
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    1A: IBTL

1: Have some compassion. I think there are a lot of requests but I think it's cool the band has done them. The only one that sucked was when they played the Austin requests on the wrong weekend. Can't really get too mad cause at least it's cool they tried, but it would have been so easy to play them on the right weekend instead. :(

2. Hadn't heard about that one yet. I am getting my news from PJ.com today apparently!

3. Ed's voice was pretty great last year compared to 2008-2012... Haven't watched enough youtube clips this tour to make judgement but it sure sounds like maybe he's been smoking more than he did around last tour when he admitted he had cut down on smoking. Smoking is bad for singers. So lame. And it does seem like he gets sick at least once a tour, even around this time in 2000, the late October dates. I think sometimes it is just an excuse to partying too hard the night before...oh wait, that's only on tours when there's a Vegas show... ;) If anything he's probably getting sick because he's not selfish enough. I mean, he came out and HUGGED every single person (50?) in line after the solo show on election night two years ago. Crazy guy, should keep his exposure level low and just run and get on the bus instead. :)
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    edited October 2014
    =))

FYI, Ebola is only contagious once the patient has symptoms. Supposedly, the nurse wasn't yet when she flew. Nonetheless, what a stupid biatch.

I would love to see a separate board for all the song requests, happy and sad alike.... although I agree it's getting a little depressing. I don't like to think that the band feels pressure when it comes to these sad requests.

As for Eddie's health.... he's just had a few colds, which the average person gets 3 to 4 times a year, especially with younger kids. I'd chalk it up to bad luck, nothing more. He looks fit as a fiddle to me as far as his nutrition goes. Here's to hoping that his knee doesn't continue to cause him grief!!! [-O< That's gotta be frustrating! Damn knees. They just don't fucking work well.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383
    shecky said:

I agree 100% with the OP's comments - thanks for having the balls to say it.

Don't you mean nads?

• Options
    gettingrightgettingright Posts: 550
    edited October 2014
    here, here on the ridiculous amounts of song requests, and the morbid ones are a bit weird...

just let Pearl Jam pick the songs (they did write them, so i think it should be their privilege), and enjoy the show...

and maybe someone can post that gif of the Rock applauding...
    "...what a different life had i not found this love with you..."
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,840
    I agree 100% with one and two. St. Louis got a little weird when ed starting talking about all the fans and their stories/problems.
    Number three who knows. It is allergy season and he has two kids which are germ magnets.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    UtahBoltUtahBolt Posts: 188
    Update to # 2: I just read that the nurse was starting to feel ill before getting on the flight and she called the CDC who apparently told her it was okay to fly?!? WTF???
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,140
    Obama sucks?
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
This discussion has been closed.