*** Tulsa Fanviews Here 10/8/14 ***

Comments

• is it just me? or did this show have more than several extended "jams"? McCready is an absolute virtuoso.
    I'm an emotional nightmare when it comes to music, especially PJ, was brought to tears multiple times throughout the show.
    Norman, Oklahoma 12-12-1991*Dallas, Texas 11-12-1993*Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 11-23-1993*Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 04-03-2003*(EV) Tulsa, Oklahoma 11-18-2012* Tulsa, OK 10-08-2014
  • It seemed like the band went for more jams than more songs which was fine by me. Mike absolutely killed it last night, no surprise though
    And he who forgets...will be destined to remember...
  • mcrokmcrok Posts: 628
    longer jams....this is good news...bringing the jam back to pearl jam...yes
    96 - Ft Lauderdale
    98 - ATL; WPB I & II
    00 - WPB I & II
    03 - Boston I; Detroit I & II
    04 - Boston VFC I & II
    05 - Borgata II
    08 - WPB; NY MSG I & II
    10 - CLE
    12 - Music Midtown; EV Jax II; EV Orlando I&II
    13 - BWI; CVille; CLT
    14 - Memphis
    16 - Jax; Gville; Cola; Fenway II
  • Another great night on the road with PJ! Here is a movie I put together from last night's awesome show! Enjoy!
    http://youtu.be/fySYRk_UmM8
  • iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, IL Posts: 3,291
    Thank you Tulsa for a great show last night. I was very happy to have Hard to Imagine, Breakerfall, In My Tree, and Last Exit played last night. It was an amazing show as usual and thanks to PJ for another great set of memories.

The arena was partly empty, but the arena seating chart showed from the beginning that behind the stage seats were not going to be sold. Lots of great energy from the crowd.
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,525
    ha...i see myself in the video
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • RS146614RS146614 Dallas, Texas Posts: 54
    Incredible show. So many songs I did not expect to hear. Hard to Imagine, Breakerfall, Marker, Blood, In My Tree, Miracles, Last Exit

Had a blast in GA as always. Great times!
    Dallas, TX 11-12-1993 | Austin, TX 09-16-1995 | Dallas, TX 07-05-1998 | The Woodlands, TX 10-15-2000 | Dallas, TX 10-17-2000 | Camden, NJ 07-05-2003 | Las Vegas, NV 07-06-2006 | Honolulu, HI 12-09-2006 | Chicago, IL 08-05-2007 | New York, NY 05-21-2010 | Dallas, TX 11-15-2013 | OKC, OK 11-16-2013 | Tulsa, OK 10-09-2014
  • OJ1414OJ1414 Posts: 35
    My first time in GA last night and loved it. My wife and I were about three rows back directly in front of Mike and had a blast. Loved hearing Hard to Imagine and eight other songs I'd never heard before in concert. I had heard Blood once before but that was another of the highlights for me.
  • lazlobluelazloblue Houston Posts: 738
    This was by far my favorite show. So much to express, but am tired and need sleep now.
    Rock - N - Roll!!
    Lollapalooza 92, Alpine Valley 11, De Luna 12, Wrigley/Pittsburgh/Dallas/OKC 13, Tulsa/Denver 14, Global 15, Wrigley 1/2 16
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    CopperTom said:

mcgruff10 said:

was the place pretty packed? awesome set list. they need to play maker more!

No. It was the emptiest US show I was ever at.
    oh man that sucks. where were the people from ok city last year?! those people missed out on a sweet set.

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • RFTCRFTC Posts: 723

Another great night on the road with PJ! Here is a movie I put together from last night's awesome show! Enjoy!

great work there, would be awesome to see this type of video vignette for all the shows, bravo!
    San Diego Sports Arena - Oct 25, 2000
    MGM Grand - Jul 6, 2006
    Cox Arena - Jul 7, 2006
    New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival - May 1, 2010
    Alpine Valley Music Theater - Sep 3-4 2011
    Made In America, Philly - Sep 2, 2012
    EV, Houston - Nov 12-13, 2012
    Dallas-November 2013
    OKC-November 2013
    ACL 2-October 2014
    Fenway Night 1, August 2016
    Wrigley, Night 1 August 2018
  • This sexy bitch had the time of her life!
    "And he who forgets........will be destined to remember."
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,525
    mcgruff10 said:

CopperTom said:

mcgruff10 said:

was the place pretty packed? awesome set list. they need to play maker more!

No. It was the emptiest US show I was ever at.
    oh man that sucks. where were the people from ok city last year?! those people missed out on a sweet set.

That's the difference between a Saturday show and a midweek show I guess.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • NothingbetterNothingbetter Wichita, KS Posts: 570
    sammieb79 said:

This sexy bitch had the time of her life!

Were you the one in GA that was asking for Garden?
    Kansas City 6/12/03 ** Kissimmee 10/9/04 ** Atlantic City 10/1/05 ** Denver 7/2/06 ** Denver 7/3/06 ** Chicago 8/23/09 ** Chicago 8/24/09 ** Kansas City 5/3/10 ** Dallas 11/15/13 ** Oklahoma City 11/16/13 ** St. Louis 10/3/14 ** Tulsa 10/8/14 ** Chicago - Wrigley Field 8/20/16 ** Chicago - Wrigley Field 8/22/16 ** Oklahoma City 9/20/22 ** Ft. Worth 9/15/23

EV - St. Louis 7/1/11 ** Tulsa 11/19/12
  • I was right between the "Sexy Bitch" sign and the other guys that kept begging Ed for a taste of his wine.

Great show! OKC last year still my tops, but I couldn't miss seeing these guys play my hometown. Saw it with a good friend from HighSchool who I bonded with over a love for PJ, so that was extra special. I was blown away by some of the treats we got. Last Exit, In My Tree, Breakerfall, Indifference, Hard to Imagine, Black!

I felt embarrassed for Ed when he got Kanye'd. He picks one guy out from the seats to the right, and his buddy holds up his crutches and the guy struggles to stand up, totally straight faced. The kid who went up to play sing and tambourine with Ed on Baba did a great job. That was just awesome to see.

I had a great time. I wish the crowd energy from the GA pit was a little more into it. I wish these two 7 feet tall guys weren't so hard-up to bug Ed about getting his wine. He acknowledged you several times. Pestering him isn't going to help your cause. I'm 6'2", but total lack of self awareness to climb over your neighbors to thrust your sign in his face is pretty dickish. Other than that, everyone around was having a good time. :)
  • After waiting in line for 18+ hours, my sister and I got on rail.

I'm not sure what part of the concert it was, but I was taking a video when one of the security guards came over and was being a dick about taking a video (had no clue you weren't allowed), regardless, apparently the whole time this went down eddie was looking and right after he came in front of me and bent over and motioned for the security guard to come over, he gave the security guard something (i was clueless), and then he pointed at ME, and made the security guard give me fucking pick!

If anyone has a picture of this of video, please send me it!
  • TP128347TP128347 Posts: 67
    edited October 2014
    Great show (they all are!!!). That was my 1st (edit - I got shit for brains) 3rd Blood - even said something to my friend, Adrienne, about it on drive up from OKC. also, my 1st 2nd Hard To Imagine and 1st In My Tree, Marker, Breakerfall. 1st time I can remember Indifference being played so loud and w/ the lights on. Really enjoyed LTRP, STBC, Diss, MYM, LB, CM.

Of course, who could not be happy for the young kid who got to go onstage sing, play tambourine w/ Ed! Super awesome.

I was a little surprised that the back 300 level were empty, but Jez, it was a Wednesday night. The rest of the arena was pretty packed.

Everyone was cool in the GA including security. As a matter of fact, my party of 3 needed an extra tic and within 3 minutes of buying merch (no stickers - have 1 button to trade) and a guy giving us a free radio station tic THEN an angel named Louis from Ft. Worth stepped up to us and asked if we needed a GA. YES, YES, YES, we do need a GA. Completely great timing. It was a present sent from God himself. Then, inside the arena we hung out with Louis before and during the show. THANK YOU LOUIS, you made Adrienne's year. Tracie and I really enjoyed visiting with you, too. You're super cool and we thank you so much. We hope you and your wife can go to ACL. God bless you and your family!

There might be more to say, but I want to go home now.

Is there a pic of the setlist that had the abandoned songs?
    Post edited by TP128347 on
    Nacogdoches `93 Dallas`98 BSB `01 OKC `03 Houston `03 Vic `07 OKC `13 Tulsa `14  EV Tulsa 1 `12
  • Has anyone been opening for them????
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,748
    recudalk said:

Has anyone been opening for them????

no.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • TP128347 said:

Is there a pic of the setlist that had the abandoned songs?

They always post a picture of the setlist on Twitter. It shows what was added and scratched.

Looks like they scratched Future Days, Sleight of Hand, Thin Air and Brain of J.
  • b-sidesb-sides Posts: 23
    Late getting this in but, another big thanks to my new Pakistani friend (I didn't get your name; huge oversight on my part. Hope you're on the boards!) for letting me use your spare reserve seat on Mike's side. Made a great show even better. Glad you got "In My Tree".
    Kansas City, MO-2010
    East Troy, WI Night 1 & 2-2011
    EV Tulsa, OK-2012
    Dallas, TX-2013
    Oklahoma City, OK-2013
    St. Louis, MO-2014
    Tulsa, OK-2014
  • PorchgirlCOPorchgirlCO Colorado Posts: 1,375

Another great night on the road with PJ! Here is a movie I put together from last night's awesome show! Enjoy!

Very awesome! Thanks for that!!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...

Orlando 4/24/92 & 8/23/92, Miami 3/28/94, Ft Laud 10/7/96, Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Missoula 9/30/12, EV Jax 11/24/12 & 11/25/12, Chicago (Wrigley) 7/19/13, Charlottesville 10/29/13, Charlotte 10/30/13, Tulsa 10/8/14, Lincoln 10/9/14, Denver 10/22/14, Jacksonville 4/12/16, Greenville 4/16/16, Telluride 7/9/16, Boston (Fenway) 8/5/16 & 8/7/16, Seattle (Safeco) 8/10/18, Boston (Fenway) 9/2/18 & 9/4/18, Dana Point 10/1/21 & 10/2/21, MSG 9/11/22, Denver 9/22/22, Austin 9/18/23 & 9/19/23.
  • sammieb79 said:

This sexy bitch had the time of her life!

Were you the one in GA that was asking for Garden?
    Yep
    "And he who forgets........will be destined to remember."
  • rpecsokrpecsok Posts: 45
    Tulsa was a great show. I was so excited to hear Hard to Imagine and In My Tree. But the highlight had to be Baba O'Riley with Eddie rocking with Nevan, the birthday kid. That seriously made me smile on the inside and out. I met Nevan by the merch truck earlier that day while he was playing his uke on the lawn. I chatted with him for a few minutes and asked if I could take a picture of him. What a great kid! I am so glad I decided to fly out to Tulsa from California for this show and Lincoln. imageimageimageimage
  • rpecsok said:

Tulsa was a great show. I was so excited to hear Hard to Imagine and In My Tree. But the highlight had to be Baba O'Riley with Eddie rocking with Nevan, the birthday kid. That seriously made me smile on the inside and out. I met Nevan by the merch truck earlier that day while he was playing his uke on the lawn. I chatted with him for a few minutes and asked if I could take a picture of him. What a great kid! I am so glad I decided to fly out to Tulsa from California for this show and Lincoln. imageimageimageimage

I agree! I loved the show, but the highlight was definitely watching Nevan rocking out with the band! I was in the reserved seats on Stone's side, so I had a great view. I was so happy for Nevan that he had that experience. It's something he will remember for the rest of his life, I'm sure!

=D>
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • PorchgirlCOPorchgirlCO Colorado Posts: 1,375

rpecsok said:

I agree! I loved the show, but the highlight was definitely watching Nevan rocking out with the band! I was in the reserved seats on Stone's side, so I had a great view. I was so happy for Nevan that he had that experience. It's something he will remember for the rest of his life, I'm sure!

=D>
    Have a feeling we'll all be hearing about Nevan in the future! I mean, after that experience, how could he not go into music!

I'll ride the wave where it takes me...

Orlando 4/24/92 & 8/23/92, Miami 3/28/94, Ft Laud 10/7/96, Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Missoula 9/30/12, EV Jax 11/24/12 & 11/25/12, Chicago (Wrigley) 7/19/13, Charlottesville 10/29/13, Charlotte 10/30/13, Tulsa 10/8/14, Lincoln 10/9/14, Denver 10/22/14, Jacksonville 4/12/16, Greenville 4/16/16, Telluride 7/9/16, Boston (Fenway) 8/5/16 & 8/7/16, Seattle (Safeco) 8/10/18, Boston (Fenway) 9/2/18 & 9/4/18, Dana Point 10/1/21 & 10/2/21, MSG 9/11/22, Denver 9/22/22, Austin 9/18/23 & 9/19/23.
  • I don't often write on here, but reading and then watching Nevan on YouTube, it made my fecking week! I'm so happy for you mate, from Perth, Oz!
    "In fact, punk rock means exemplary manners to your fellow human being. Fuck being an arsehole" - Joe Strummer.

Instagram: pipingroller
    Facebook: Eden Sandwell
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    edited October 2014
    What an amazing show! Finally got to hear hard to imagine. Great energy from the band and crowd. Hard to imagine, in my tree, marker. Really wish we had gotten the garden request, and the dirty frank tease. Great show though with a still bad ass setlist.
    Post edited by red mos on
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    edited October 2014
    A little late but I’ve been really busy at work.

Drove up to Tulsa on show day and picked up my sister. She lives there. I had GA tickets but I figured with so many people already in line why bother lining up. So we took our time. Went to the pre-party, hit the merch truck, lined up to get my tickets. And then at about 4:00 or so we got in the back of the GA line. I have no idea how many people were in front of us but when they marched us in I was shocked to find rail space on Mike’s side. So we casually strolled up and took our spot.

This was my sister’s second show and her first since Dallas 2000. That was on the lawn. Not sure she knew what was about to hit her.

As you know they came out to Pendulum. I know they are doing this a lot but it is still cool as hell. Hard to Imagine though was unreal. What a great 2nd song. I have to say I am liking this three-soft-song start to the shows lately, even if it kind of limits their choices. Amy is a big Vs. fan so she said she was looking for Small Town, Dissident, Animal and possibly Indifference. I told her she had a good shot at Small Town and Animal but Indifference and especially Dissident may be tough. Wrong on both counts!!

Breakerfall melts my face every time. I was so glad to be get this one 10 feet from McCready himself. The middle run of songs just blew the lid off the place. Marker in the Sand was a nice touch. I think the crowd was a little lost and the band was kind of off but it had a nice long jam on the end of it. Forgot how much I liked that song. Ed screwed up the lyrics to Sirens again. Mike killed us with the behind-the-head Even Flow solo. I don’t care what anyone says, I never get tired of hearing that song.

During Rearviewmirror, Mike was goofing around and pointing like he always does and during the extended jam in the middle he kept looking down at us. My sister was pointing at him and trying to get him to come down off the stage. He smiled and shook his head a few times but she persisted. Finally he stepped over his monitors and down onto the step in front of the stage directly in front of her. There he played the solo and finished out the song. You could reach out and touch him. Great moment. She freaked out.

Eddie came by us during Crazy Mary and passed the wine around. I got to shake his hand and Amy got a hug. I am so glad they came up with this GA concept. I’ve seen them dozens of times but never had a chance like that. Highlight of all of my shows.

Encore 2 was pretty predictable but still great. Baba and Alive sounded weird to me – like out of tune. Or maybe they just tuned down and I’m not used to hearing it that way. Regardless the kid on stage was having the time of his life. His smile represented how we all felt. How can this band still affect this many people this late in their careers? How can they keep getting better? I pointed out to Amy how happy they seem on stage now compared to the last time she saw them. She was blown away and said she now understands why so many people follow them and why they touch so many people.

Fantastic night in Tulsa. Easily a top-5 show for me.
    Post edited by Flagg on
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Flagg said:

Eddie came by us during Crazy Mary and passed the wine around. I got to shake his hand and Amy got a hug. I am so glad they came up with this GA concept. I’ve seen them dozens of times but never had a chance like that. Highlight of all of my shows.

I completely agree with you -- really made the show for me. From the sounds of it, I think I may have been right behind you guys in the pit.