SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,903
Pearl Jam
BOK Center
Tulsa, OK
Oct. 08, 2014
Set List

01. Pendulum
02. Hard To Imagine
03. Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town (Stone’s acoustic is out of tune in the intro.  It gets switched out just before the entire band starts playing)
04. Breakerfall
05. Last Exit
06. Animal
07. Mind Your Manners
08. In my Tree
(The house lights come up so the band can see the audience.  Ed asks the audience how they are doing and sees a person sitting down.  “Don’t make me get all Kanye on you now...”  The person raises a pair of crutches but does stand up.  Ed says “Oh no!  You Kanye’d me!!”  He laughs and tells the guy to sit down and make himself comfortable, “we are working for you up here.”)
09. Lightning Bolt
10. Dissident
11. Marker In The Sand
12. Even Flow (During the solo Ed visits a woman holding a small child just off stage left.  During the outro he lets an audience member sing a line.)
(Ed discusses a refinery fire that killed Greg. The husband of a woman who requested the next song.)
13. Sirens
14. Given To Fly
15. Jeremy
(Ed talks about how fortunate they are as band to be together and be friends.  He feels they are playing better than ever.  To reward tonight’s audience Ed jokes that they are going to play “Dirty Frank”.  Jeff plays a couple of off notes and the band laughs.  Some in the audience are very excited and Ed says, “settle down my people.  We aren’t going to play that.  It would start a whole other argument and we haven’t argued in years.”
  Ed then promotes “Vinyl Fest” and wishes he and Mike could stay and check it out.  He especially likes the name of the band “Bitchcraft”.  He jokes about how much vinyl Mike owns.  This next song is for “Vinyl Fest” and the love or records.”)
16. Let The Records Play
17. Spin The Black Circle
18. Rearviewmirror

Encore Break 1
 Ed says hello to everyone in the audience, especially those who are way up high.  He reads a young woman’s sign that says “Play Garden for this sexy bitch”.  Ed jokingly admonishes the woman saying she is sexually harassing herself and setting a terrible example for all the young girls in the audience while noting that the teenage boys are probably thinking she has a point.
  He plays the next song for “all of the newlyweds of all kinds.  He also mentions that a couple requested the song and he gives their seat numbers”

19. Just Breathe
20. Black
21. Crazy Mary-(Williams)
(It is Johnny Ramones birthday.  Ed also talks about a new born girl born under difficult circumstances.  Her name is Imogene (sp) and Ed hopes she grows up to be a punk rocker.)
22. I Believe In Miracles-(Ramone, Ray)
23. Blood/Atomic Dog-(Clinton, Shider, Spradley)
24. Porch (Ed goes out into the audience to sing the “Hey Hey” part while standing on the back barricade)

Encore Break 2
(Ed checks to make sure it is okay to talk shit about Oklahoma City taking the Seattle Sonics.  If he is pissed imagine how Jeff feels.  “And now we have something on Coldplay, Madonna and David Bowie.  They have never played Tulsa!”)
25. Do The Evolution
25. Better Man/Save It For Later-(Charley, Cox, Morton, Steele, Wakeling)
26. Alive
27. Baba O’Riley-(Townshend)
(A young boy that just turned 13 is brought up on stage for “Baba”.)
28. Indifference

Please share your experiences of the show here...the Fanview threads are preserved on the board.

Please keep the Fanview threads for Fanviews. It's ok to begin another thread on discussions of other topics and/or debates.

Thank you!
Tagged:

Comments

• shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,765
    I lost my shit when they laid into breakerfall! Omg
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • jopetto75jopetto75 Posts: 397
    Finnally got hard to imagine
    What a show
    Thank u so much
    Thanks to everyone who made it possible!
    The crew the fans the city and the best band in the world
    Never forget this one!!!!!¡¡¡¡¡!!!!!¡¡¡¡¡
    until next time......
  • JR85338JR85338 Des Moines, IA Posts: 51
    Hard to imagine, breakerfall, markers, blood---great moment during porch. Right in front of me. Off to Lincoln tommorow!!
    OKC 11/16/13 Tulsa 10/8/14 Lincoln 10/9/14
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,748
    Oh man....the Atomic Dog!
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • thelastspartanthelastspartan Tulsa, OK Posts: 14
    My first PJ concert...and it was awesome beyond belief.
    10/08/14 - Tulsa, Oklahoma
  • Such an awesome show, that first set blew my mind! Getting Marker was a real unexpected treat. What Ed did for the boy during Baba really made the night special, his face when he got up on stage was such an amazing moment. Certainly didn't feel like 29 songs, they jammed on almost every song.
    And he who forgets...will be destined to remember...
  • rpecsokrpecsok Posts: 45
    Wow! Tonight was a real rocker. Was so happy to get In My Tree, Hard to Imagine and Crazy Mary. The trip from California was definitely worth it for this show!
  • My first PJ concert...and it was awesome beyond belief.

First show!?!?

Hope you had a blast!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,525
    16th show. That's the best set list.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,031
    BLOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!!

Holy fuck! For me it was a great setlist. Especially the start of the show.
  • thelastspartanthelastspartan Tulsa, OK Posts: 14

My first PJ concert...and it was awesome beyond belief.

First show!?!?

Hope you had a blast!
    Oh I did! Now to wait for the official bootleg.
    10/08/14 - Tulsa, Oklahoma
  • ratstenratsten Posts: 30
    Thank you pearl jam! Great seats on stone's side !
  • I went crazy when they played In my tree. That's one of my favorite songs
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    looks like a classic!!!!
  • ChoccoloccotideChoccoloccotide A grass shack nailed to a pinewood floor Posts: 810

looks like a classic!!!!

You're damn right! :-bd
  • FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    AMAZING SET! Love this set! \m/

Wow the set list - NEVAN!!!!! - WOW again love this F'in set list!
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    That is a great set
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • NothingbetterNothingbetter Wichita, KS Posts: 570
    I liked the set list for STL better, but the energy was incredible from the band. Mike and Stone were on fire! Ed was in a great mood and really interacting with the crowd...including getting up on the GA rail for Porch. Loved it!
    Kansas City 6/12/03 ** Kissimmee 10/9/04 ** Atlantic City 10/1/05 ** Denver 7/2/06 ** Denver 7/3/06 ** Chicago 8/23/09 ** Chicago 8/24/09 ** Kansas City 5/3/10 ** Dallas 11/15/13 ** Oklahoma City 11/16/13 ** St. Louis 10/3/14 ** Tulsa 10/8/14 ** Chicago - Wrigley Field 8/20/16 ** Chicago - Wrigley Field 8/22/16 ** Oklahoma City 9/20/22 ** Ft. Worth 9/15/23

EV - St. Louis 7/1/11 ** Tulsa 11/19/12
  • stlhawkstlhawk Amongst the waves Posts: 88
    edited October 2014
    I'd say PJ made their first appearance in Tulsa a solid one. Would have enjoyed seeing it myself.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    was the place pretty packed? awesome set list. they need to play maker more!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Hank56Hank56 Posts: 66
    Blood and Indifference. Two of my favorites you lucky bastards.
  • tcadd94tcadd94 North Jersey Posts: 611
    I was like, "Oh, only 28 songs..." and then I read the set and was like, "Oh, they only played what seems to be the coolest and most awesome show ever!"
    I've been fortunate enough to see Pearl Jam live.

I am hanging in the balance of a perfect finished plan
    Like every sparrow falling, like every grain of sand.
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    And it looks like Future Days, Thin Air, and Brian of J were scrapped. Crazy
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • pj8pj8 Posts: 408
    Another incredible show. The band is sounding better than ever on this tour, Ed's voice hasn't sounded this powerful in years. Even compared to 2013 it's improved. I think I liked St. Louis slightly better, but both shows were amazing. That's it for me on the lightning bolt tour, it was a blast!
  • What a show! I wasn't there, but have great friends that were :-bd

I was sent a few videos and there was a group of about 30/40 people right up front ROCKING THE FUCK OUT. Exactly how it should be. Take notes kiddies.
  • Walking the milesWalking the miles Toronto Posts: 548
    What a SICK set list! F#CK I wish I was at that show.

Such an awesome show, that first set blew my mind! Getting Marker was a real unexpected treat. What Ed did for the boy during Baba really made the night special, his face when he got up on stage was such an amazing moment. Certainly didn't feel like 29 songs, they jammed on almost every song.

"Feel the path of everyday....which road you taking?"

Barrie, ON '98
    Toronto, ON '00/'03/'06/'09/'11/'16(x2)
    Hamilton, ON '05/'11
    Newark, NJ '10
    London, ON '13
    Buffalo, NY '13
    Detroit, MI '14
    Ottawa, ON '16
  • CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,989
    mcgruff10 said:

No. It was the emptiest US show I was ever at.
  • shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,765

I lost my shit when they laid into breakerfall! Omg

Hate to be annoying and quote myself but here I go anyway

I wanted breakerfall so bad. Never seen a single binaural song and i just love this song! When I heard the scream into breakerfall I turned to my brother and literally started involuntarily beating on him and screaming very inappropriate words out of pure adrenaline rush and joy! I couldn't believe it! I will never forget that feeling. \m/ other highlights for me were hti, animal, MYM ( crowd was loud!) in my fucking tree!!!! (One of my top 10 for sure), dissident (Mike melting faces), Jeremy (haven't had the chance to raise my arms in a V since 1998 bc they didn't play it in the 5 shows I attended last year), rearviewmirror (I love the physical sensation at the end with the strobe lights and guitars beating you), black (my favorite tag "we didn't belong together"), miracles is also always a favorite, baba with the kid who had a birthday was unbelievable. He was so stoked. Pure uninhibited joy that only a kid can have the ability to express. It was inspirational. He will never have a birthday that tops that.

Overall.. It was an amazing show for me. I think I was among those rocking out in GA. I got tons of eye contact, smiles and points from mr mccready. So much joy, interaction and fun between the band members and between the band and the crowd. How blessed (lucky, fortunate, whatever you want to insert) we are that they still have the energy, interest, and ability to put on a different show night after night with such enthusiasm. Thanks pj! We love you!

Now onto lincoln (please play more binaural)
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Awesome show! Thank you so much PJ for coming to Tulsa.
  • NothingbetterNothingbetter Wichita, KS Posts: 570
    CopperTom said:

mcgruff10 said:

No. It was the emptiest US show I was ever at.
    Agreed. The back stage wasn't even open, nor were the upper decks filled. There was still a great energy, though, from the crowd and band.

The highlight of the show for me was "Blood" as it was the first time seeing it....and it completed me now having seen the entire Vs. album.
    "Last Exit" is always a treat, too, and got to see "In my Tree" for the first time in 10 years. Great experience and glad we made the quick run down.
    Kansas City 6/12/03 ** Kissimmee 10/9/04 ** Atlantic City 10/1/05 ** Denver 7/2/06 ** Denver 7/3/06 ** Chicago 8/23/09 ** Chicago 8/24/09 ** Kansas City 5/3/10 ** Dallas 11/15/13 ** Oklahoma City 11/16/13 ** St. Louis 10/3/14 ** Tulsa 10/8/14 ** Chicago - Wrigley Field 8/20/16 ** Chicago - Wrigley Field 8/22/16 ** Oklahoma City 9/20/22 ** Ft. Worth 9/15/23

EV - St. Louis 7/1/11 ** Tulsa 11/19/12