Options

Stones & PJ in Missoula??? (Speculation)

mtjammermtjammer Posts: 16
edited July 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
So the Rolling Stones just announced today that they will be playing in Missoula on October 6th in WA-Griz stadium. Their tour is filled with cities like NYC, Chicago, Boston, Seattle, Las Vegas, and then there's Missoula. How and why are the Stones coming to Missoula. There is yet to be an opening act announced, so knowing Missoula is a bit of a 2nd home for PJ and considering the past link with the two bands, how damn cool would it be if PJ opened for the Stones in Missoula!!!!! They finish their European tour the week before and have nearly five weeks off before they head to OZ, so they are free.

This is pure speculation, wrapped in rumor, laced with conjecture. I have nothing to go on here, other than a damn cool theory. Does anybody else think this could be a possibility?

I saw Jeff Ament at lunch yesterday, and had I known the Stones were confirmed I would have thought to ask.
6/16/93 (Missoula)
2/8/95 (Missoula)
10/20/01 (Bridge School), 10/21/01 (Bridge School)
5/28/03 (Missoula)
8/29/05 (Missoula), 9/1/05 (The Gorge)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    elstongunnelstongunn Posts: 285
    mtjammer wrote:
    So the Rolling Stones just announced today that they will be playing in Missoula on October 6th in WA-Griz stadium. Their tour is filled with cities like NYC, Chicago, Boston, Seattle, Las Vegas, and then there's Missoula. How and why are the Stones coming to Missoula. There is yet to be an opening act announced, so knowing Missoula is a bit of a 2nd home for PJ and considering the past link with the two bands, how damn cool would it be if PJ opened for the Stones in Missoula!!!!! They finish their European tour the week before and have nearly five weeks off before they head to OZ, so they are free.

This is pure speculation, wrapped in rumor, laced with conjecture. I have nothing to go on here, other than a damn cool theory. Does anybody else think this could be a possibility?

I saw Jeff Ament at lunch yesterday, and had I known the Stones were confirmed I would have thought to ask.

i flew into missoula for th 2005 show... beautiful place. and if you listen to the boot ed said they'd be back, FIRST show next tour.. that didn't happen so maybe this should... good luck.
    "There are teams that are fair-haired,and those that aren't so fair-haired.Some teams are named Smith,some Grabowski. We're Grabowskis."-Mike Ditka, January 1986

everytime i have to take a crap i sing EVACUATION!!!
    EVACUATION!!
    "i'll let you be in my dream if i can be in your dream." -b.dylan
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    mtjammer wrote:

That'd be great... as long a the Stones don't do their usual 300 bucks for tickets and auction off the first three rows on the TickeMaster auction list.
    I hope that Pearl Jam plays a surprize show for you at the Missoula High School gymnasium under the name, "Planet X" for 5 bucks, instead.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    Just got a call from a friend in Helena, MT, whom I went to the Gorge shows with, and she's heard that this is happening. Anyone else hear this?
    Missoula 1998
    Seattle 2003
    The Gorge 2005
    The Gorge 1 2006
    The Gorge 2 2006
  • Options
    bartly7bartly7 Posts: 1
    I have been hearing from a lot of people around Missoula that this is more than a optimistic rumor. Nothing confirmed or anything. If I'm not mistaking, last weekend at the Gorge, Ed did say they would be back in the area playing another show and I don't think he was talking about the U2 show in Hawaii. He must have been talking about going to Missoula.
    As for ticket prices, they seem pretty reasonable. $89, but UM students can get them for $69. So everyone better start begging their buddies at the UM to go wait in line for tickets.
    "Makes much more sense, to live in the present tense"

Boise '00
    Missoula '03
    Vancouver '03
    Missoula '05
    Gorge '05
    Gorge '06
    Gorge '06