Options

Bridge School announced

Comments

• Options
    KC2917 said:

MB93672 said:

202 for Saturday! Is parking a total clusterfuck/what is the suggested arrival time?

It is an absolute nightmare to get out of there. I'd buy the premier parking if it's still available. It's $40, but totally worth it after a long day at the show.
    One of our buddies that's going with us has the ability to get us parking in one of the tech company parking lots so we can do a little tailgating beforehand! Word to the wise for those who haven't been to Shoreline before. Getting into and out of the venue parking is an absolute nightmare so plan accordingly.

RM

• Options

KC2917 said:

MB93672 said:

202 for Saturday! Is parking a total clusterfuck/what is the suggested arrival time?

It is an absolute nightmare to get out of there. I'd buy the premier parking if it's still available. It's $40, but totally worth it after a long day at the show.
    One of our buddies that's going with us has the ability to get us parking in one of the tech company parking lots so we can do a little tailgating beforehand! Word to the wise for those who haven't been to Shoreline before. Getting into and out of the venue parking is an absolute nightmare so plan accordingly.

RM

Is there a parking lot out there for an ampitheater that is easy to get out of (without leaving early)? I haven't heard of one yet.

I want to pull the trigger on lawn seats so bad, but just can't get myself to do it yet.
  • Options

MB93672 said:

i've been trying for 25 minutes and nothing. perhaps because i am looking for a single?

arq said:

These tickets are as hard as MSG tickets! is this normal or just because of PJ?

This is normal. Probably one of the hardest tickets to get if you're looking for decent seats since this show is apart of the Shoreline season ticket package.

Great seats are very difficult to score. That person here who ended up in sec. 103, truly hit the jackpot.

Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,890
    Should be heading up for at least Saturday. Will be my second Bridge School show but first time seeing PJ there (other than Ed's surprise appearance in 2012). Can't wait!
  • Options
    iammine16iammine16 Vancouver, BC Posts: 777
    Looking forward to hopefully meeting some fellow Tenclubbers there, I haven't ventured out of Vancouver to see the boys yet
    Vancouver, BC - 2005
    Vancouver, BC - 2009
    Vancouver, BC - 2011
    Vancouver, BC - 2013
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Quebec City, QC - 2016
    Ottawa, ON - 2016
    Pemberton, BC - 2016
    Seattle, WA 1 - 2018
    Seattle, WA 2 - 2018
  • Options
    ItIsAllAboutPJItIsAllAboutPJ S.B., CA Posts: 829
    We got sec 204 for Sun without much problem :) but only came up with lawn for Sat. That was with 4 different computers working on it.
    I'm kinda disappointed about the lawn but it will be a new experience for us, every time in the past we've had seats both days.
    I guess the biggest bummer is having to queue up early and not being able to leave our spot once we get there. I really wanted to pre-game and walk in around 4:30......oh well. 8-|

I'm grateful to have tickets for both days!
  • Options
    Lawn Saturday and 204 Sunday \m/
    I feel lucky just getting to go!
    Sea 96, Sea 98 #1&2, SF 00, PDX 00, Sea 00 #1&2, Sea 01, Sea 02 #3&4, Missoula 03, Van BC 03, Sea 05, Gorge 05, Van BC 05, Gorge 06 #1&2, Sea 09 #2,Van BC 09, EV PDX 11, Van BC 11, Missoula 12, Spokane 13, Calgary 13, Van BC 13, Sea 13
  • Options
    Lawn Saturday and 204 row B Sunday! So happy to be going for the first time!
  • Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,890
    edited September 2014
    If anyone ends up with an extra single seat for Saturday, please let me know. Should have a pair but going with two friends so we're hoping to find a single not too far away. Thanks!
  • Options
    hikerjuleshikerjules South Bend, IN Posts: 19
    Flying out for both shows, lawn seats. Never been before, can't wait!

Looking to car pool if anyone is going and has room for one (at least returning from concert). Happy to chip in on cost. Staying at the Camino Inn and Suites in Mountain View.

A Great Oct! Have tickets for Memphis and Moline as well! Can't get enough!
    :)>-
  • Options
    rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    edited September 2014
    i have a car for saturday if you need a ride. i'll send you a pm.
  • Options
    Brian Wilson added to both days of Bridge!
  • Options

Brian Wilson added to both days of Bridge!

And you lucky people going to the Bridge Shows, get to see one of the GREATEST songs ever written.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-dMv_22nBY

• Options
    Actually you lucky people get to see 2 of the GREATEST songs ever written.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-yKq-FsFyk
  • Options
    Brian fucking Wilson oh damn this just got a whole lot better :)
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Does anyone know of local breweries worth visiting in/around Mountain View? I have seen that "Tied" is within reasonable walking distance but reviews of their beer are so/so.
  • Options
    I'm coming down from Canada..any recommendations for near by hotels??
  • Options
    Just booked the Bridge School weekend. Bringing the golf clubs too. Golf in the morning. Pearl Jam in the evening. Can't wait.

• Options
    KC2917KC2917 Posts: 871

Just booked the Bridge School weekend. Bringing the golf clubs too. Golf in the morning. Pearl Jam in the evening. Can't wait.

Where are you golfing?
  • Options
    KC2917 said:

Where are you golfing?
    I don't know yet. Got a rental car. Probably don't want to drive more than an hour. Never been to the area but figure there has to be some decent courses.

• Options
    Another 10c attendee here for Sunday. Going with my parents and a friend, and sitting in section 200 near the back. We don't care where we sit though. We would have done lawn but I don't really see my parents (in their 60s) doing that all day. In SF anyway for vacation, very excited for this. Gotta figure out a parking strategy.
  • Options
    CB6978CB6978 Posts: 49
    Does anyone know when/how the daily lineup will be announced? I would really love to know what order the bands are playing in, so I can figure out how late I can be and not miss anyone I wanted to see. Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    sheckyshecky San Francisco Posts: 1,440
    edited October 2014
    Here's the lineup as it stands now but things CAN change.
    At the Saturday show in 2012 Guns 'N Roses was running late (turns out Axl was having voice problems) and an un-announced and un-expected Eddie Vedder was brought out and performed 'Last Dance' and 'Elderly Woman...' to an ecstatic crowd! I think he and his family just came to chill.
    By the way, G 'N R returned Sunday to perform a triumphant and fantastic set that including Neil Young coming out to join Axl and the band on 'Don't Let It Bring You Down' - probably the highlight of the weekend for me.
    So, the moral of the story is - try not to be late. See ya' there!
    Announcing the 2014 28th Annual Bridge School Benefit Concert Lineup!
    •Neil Young
    •Pearl Jam
    •Florence + The Machine
    •Brian Wilson
    •Tom Jones
    •Soundgarden
    •Norah Jones and Puss N Boots
    •Band of Horses
    •Pegi Young & The Survivors

Plus special guests!

*Not necessarily in order of appearance. All acts subject to change.*
    Post edited by shecky on
  • Options
    JB128716JB128716 Posts: 2,064
    edited October 2014
    I'm in 102 on Saturday and 204 on Sunday. Coming from Florida.
    Post edited by JB128716 on
    92 - Orlando
    03 - Tampa
    08 - Tampa
    12 - DeLuna Fest, EV Orlando 1 & 2, EV Ft Lauderdale 1 & 2
    13 - Wrigley!!! ,Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford, OKC, Seattle
    14 - Leeds, Milton Keynes, St Louis
    16 - Ft Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Wrigley 1 & 2
  • Options
    edwhoedwho Posts: 811

Right next to the amphitheater I think =P~ Shoreline Golf Links

~

110th WORLD SERIES
    :)]
    Saturday, Oct. 25 Game 4 at National League city
    Sunday, Oct. 26 Game 5 at National League city

Three Fish

July 1996 San Francisco

June 1999 Chicago

• Options
    I have never had lawn seats before and that's what I have for Saturday, Sunday I have seats.

Question:
    I know the show on Sat starts at 2:00 but how early should we queue up to get an up front spot on the lawn? What time do they start letting people in? I'm assuming the GA line up is located in the same spot as the main entrance.

I know it's always a bit slow getting in no matter what time you arrive due to the search at the gait but I really want to get a good spot on the lawn.
  • Options
    drew42edrew42e Posts: 74

I have never had lawn seats before and that's what I have for Saturday, Sunday I have seats.

Question:
    I know the show on Sat starts at 2:00 but how early should we queue up to get an up front spot on the lawn? What time do they start letting people in? I'm assuming the GA line up is located in the same spot as the main entrance.

I know it's always a bit slow getting in no matter what time you arrive due to the search at the gait but I really want to get a good spot on the lawn.

I think the Saturday show starts at 5pm and Sunday at 2pm.
    9/8/98 Newark, NJ, 10/31/00 Mountain View, CA, 10/20/01 Mountain View, CA (Bridge School 15), 7/6/06 Las Vegas, NV, 8/28/09 SF, CA, 10/31/09 Philly, PA, 10/23/10 Mountain View, CA (Bridge School 24), 09/03/11 Alpine Valley, WI, 11/23/13 LA1, 10/20/14 Milwaukee, WI
  • Options
    drew42e said:

Question:

I think the Saturday show starts at 5pm and Sunday at 2pm.
    Oops...you're right.
    Still need to know how early I should get on line before the doors open on Saturday.

• Options
    iammine16iammine16 Vancouver, BC Posts: 777
    10 more days :)
    Vancouver, BC - 2005
    Vancouver, BC - 2009
    Vancouver, BC - 2011
    Vancouver, BC - 2013
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Quebec City, QC - 2016
    Ottawa, ON - 2016
    Pemberton, BC - 2016
    Seattle, WA 1 - 2018
    Seattle, WA 2 - 2018
  • Options
    arqarq Posts: 7,935
    edited October 2014
    Those anyone have an Idea who will open and who will close? I guess Neil close the show but when Sg and Pj would play, near the end? Also would Sg play with Chamberlain?

•Brian Wilson
    •Band of Horses
    •Florence + The Machine
    •Norah Jones and Puss N Boots
    •Tom Jones
    •Soundgarden
    •Pegi Young & The Survivors
    •Pearl Jam
    •Neil Young

"The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?