Options

Smoking

Comments

• Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    I went on zyban tablets and weened off, but then when off the tablets I drank alcohol so I could cope drinking without cigarettes because I smoked like a trooper when I had any acoholic beverage
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,469
    JWPearl said:

I went on zyban tablets and weened off, but then when off the tablets I drank alcohol so I could cope drinking without cigarettes because I smoked like a trooper when I had any acoholic beverage

That's my biggest problem, having some beers and smoking like a chimney
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    Thats why i quit with alcohol, now i can easily drink without a craving ;)
  • Options
    BLACK35 said:

JWPearl said:

So im confused, you still smoke ?
  • Options
    JWPearl said:

BLACK35 said:

JWPearl said:

So im confused, you still smoke ?
    yep still smoking unfortunately, just been seriously thinking about quitting in the last month
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    Well just some advice if you do quit, have a drink as well and get used to drinking without the fag
  • Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    I quit cold turkey years ago,haven't had a drag of that nasty smelly shit since.I find Ive done a 360 and now i am that pain in the ass non smoker.I can't stand the smell.
    The oral fixation was the hardest thing for me.I turned to hot cinnamon toothpicks(yes like the ones from high school).I order them by the case now and always have em in car,in pocket,etc.Great when out drinking or at a movie at gym.I get mine from oldtimecandy.com and Hotlix is the name of product.each case(16.00$) has 20 tubes with 20 picks per tube.Spicy and keeps breathe fresh.Give it a try.Heres a link.You will thank me.
    http://www.oldtimecandy.com/nsearch?q=Hotlix
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    rr165892 said:

I quit cold turkey years ago,haven't had a drag of that nasty smelly shit since.I find Ive done a 360 and now i am that pain in the ass non smoker.I can't stand the smell.
    The oral fixation was the hardest thing for me.I turned to hot cinnamon toothpicks(yes like the ones from high school).I order them by the case now and always have em in car,in pocket,etc.Great when out drinking or at a movie at gym.I get mine from oldtimecandy.com and Hotlix is the name of product.each case(16.00$) has 20 tubes with 20 picks per tube.Spicy and keeps breathe fresh.Give it a try.Heres a link.You will thank me.
    http://www.oldtimecandy.com/nsearch?q=Hotlix

It's 180• not 360 RR, come on Man U smarter then that! Lol but I remember those toothpicks. Shit, mite even order some!
  • Options
    Ha,yeah,yeah.I often go in circles so sorry about that.You won't be sorry BB.They not only taste good,but you will look super cool and they are great at concerts.
  • Options
    JukeeJukee Posts: 4,500
    I need to quit smoking. Funny thing is when I found out I was pregnant with my daughter I quit smoking no problem, 3 or 4 weeks after she was born I started smoking again..dumbest move ever. I'm addicted more than ever now, I just want to quit.
    If you have nothing to lose, you have nothing to worry about.
  • Options
    could always have another child =))
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,225

Annafalk said:

Smoking is really nasty I agree and think of all the money you will save. Buy something to congrat yourself :)

over $10 a pack in the city of Chicago.

$3500 or so a year?
    With nothing to show for it but chronic health issues.

Congrats on quitting.
    Both my parents would likely still be alive today had they never smoked. And the cost should be an extra incentive these days. When smokes were 2 bucks a pack I could see it being easy to justify the cost, but like you said, $3,500 a year...that's a nice vacation, or save for a few years and its a new car with no payments. And that's a pack a day, imagine the cost for 2 packs a day.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Hardest habit for me to quit. Never could make it thru 2 days without having at least 1 disgusting stick no matter how hard I tried L-) . Finally decided to get hypnotize @-) , & haven't had a cig for almost 10 years \:D/ .

Only drawback is when someone says the word "egg" I act like a chicken ~:>

Hope it works out for you Mike
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,225
    Egg
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    3 years and a couple of days ago we were sharing smokes outside the motel of PJ20... Now we can share a soda... So glad to hear it.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options

3 years and a couple of days ago we were sharing smokes outside the motel of PJ20... Now we can share a soda... So glad to hear it.

I should have quit YEARS ago.
    3 weeks and I already feel better.

What a STOOOOPID FUCKING HABIT!!

Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    Walking the milesWalking the miles Toronto Posts: 548
    I quite probably nearly eight years ago. I read a book to help quit. "Allen Carr's Easyway to Stop Smoking". I swear by it. I tried several times before that to quit, but once I read that book I was done with it. It wasn't even difficult. People smoked around me, I didn't even care. The book deals with the brainwashing that goes on in your head. Your favourite smokes are the ones that get yah. The thing is, you really have to WANT to quit. The best thing I ever did.
    "Feel the path of everyday....which road you taking?"

Barrie, ON '98
    Toronto, ON '00/'03/'06/'09/'11/'16(x2)
    Hamilton, ON '05/'11
    Newark, NJ '10
    London, ON '13
    Buffalo, NY '13
    Detroit, MI '14
    Ottawa, ON '16
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,735
    Gonna have to go this route soon but gonna ride it to the deadline because I am one of those strange people who missed smoking for the 11 yrs I quit. Didn't crave it or need it just missed it if that makes any sense. Oh well its been a fun couple of years but it's commin' time...
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options

I quite probably nearly eight years ago. I read a book to help quit. "Allen Carr's Easyway to Stop Smoking". I swear by it. I tried several times before that to quit, but once I read that book I was done with it. It wasn't even difficult. People smoked around me, I didn't even care. The book deals with the brainwashing that goes on in your head. Your favourite smokes are the ones that get yah. The thing is, you really have to WANT to quit. The best thing I ever did.

Yep
    You have to WANT to quit.

I have a friend of mine who has told me every week for 20 years that he is going to quit.

More than once I have said...."NEXT WEEK I am quitting"

Once you truly make up your mind, its pretty damned simple.
  • Options
    Poncier said:

Egg

~:> ~:> ~:>

I'm coo coo for CoCo Puffs...........much better for you than cigarette puffs :-bd
    What You Giving

• Options

Poncier said:

Egg

I'm coo coo for CoCo Puffs...........much better for you than cigarette puffs :-bd
    hypnotist?
    What was that all about?
    How many visits?
    Cost?

• Options
    Good for you Speedy. I quite almost 4 months ago. Cold turkey. Chewed on quite a few sunflower seeds that first few days but like you said get past the 4 days and you don't look back. Don't miss it. Drinking a lot of water and eating foods with a lot of garlic onions and acidic fruit helps to get the by products out of your system.

Feel great. Best thing I've ever done.
  • Options
    guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396
    edited September 2014

Poncier said:

Egg

hypnotist?
    What was that all about?
    How many visits?
    Cost?

www.thegreenseminar.com

$65 for 1 session. Over 100 people in a hospital cafeteria, catering to eating disorders & smoking habits. After session, you were given a tape to "listen to" for a month, BRAINWASHING you how smoking is smelly, gross & VERY UNHEALTHY L-) .

By far the best investment I EVER made in my life.

Like you stated before though...........
    You really have to WANT TO QUIT!

Breathe in healthy my friend =D>
    Post edited by guacamolejoe on
    What You Giving

• Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    quit or die is how I see it. Its the truth and shouldn't/can't be ignored any longer.

I can't imagine the personal anguish of finding out you have completely self inflicted terminal cancer
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:

quit or die is how I see it. Its the truth and shouldn't/can't be ignored any longer.

I can't imagine the personal anguish of finding out you have completely self inflicted terminal cancer

Pretty much.

Smoke for a period of time and chances are you will die because of it.
    And it wont be a pretty death.

• Options
    1 year after your last cigarette the risk of developing Coronary Heart Disease reduces by 50%

Well, only 11 more months!
  • Options
    I cant begin to tell you....
    How much better I feel...
    6 weeks and counting...

Thats 840 cigarettes I have NOT smoked!
  • Options
    kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636

6 weeks and counting...

=D> Hey congratulations SPEEDY MCCREADY ! Good job! ^:)^
  • Options
    kce8 said:

6 weeks and counting...

=D> Hey congratulations SPEEDY MCCREADY ! Good job! ^:)^
    Thanks!
  • Options
    Way to go.now breathe deep.Isnt that nice?