What the hell? $37 shipping for Vault 4

13»

Comments

• I emailed Ten Club to ask why they are charging so much for shipping(almost as much as the item itself) but they have not responded.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,506
    edited August 2014

Except once USPS packages hit the border it's no longer in their hands, it gets transferred to the shipping address by another shipper.

I ordered Live - Throwing Copper pinkpop edition from The Netherlands and it took well over a month to show up, and shipping to the US was around $50. It goes both ways...

I didn't order, just because of this. Happy I didn't!!
    Doesn't mater that it goes to Canada Post after crossing the border. The tracking number transfers over. You just track with Canada Post instead of USPS once it goes through customs. If you use regular tracked service it should arrive e in about a week and you can track it the whole way. Plus it's insured for up to $100. This is what we should be getting for $37 with a package of this weight.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    vault 3 made it to Ireland for 5.37 shipping, and in pristine condition.
    edited August 2014

What a deal. To be fair, there was a glitch with 10C's shipping prices when that happened. For a time, international shipping costs were less than what people in the US were paying. Pretty sure there wa something wrong with 10C's system during that magic time, lol. I saved so much much money then, hahaha.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    The good ole days
  • boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    PJ_Soul said:

What a deal. To be fair, there was a glitch with 10C's shipping prices when that happened. For a time, international shipping costs were less than what people in the US were paying. Pretty sure there wa something wrong with 10C's system during that magic time, lol. I saved so much much money then, hahaha.
    Yeah I'm not really going to complain about $37 shipping now when for ages I was paying $5 shipping to the UK. It was clearly an error! To be fair 10c shipping had been alot cheaper than most companies I'd buy from the US for years

2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • How much would it cost for a regular person to send it from USA to Europe? Would it be cheaper than 40 bucks?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • The big disappointment for me here is that despite the fact 10c are clearly shipping a lot of stuff internationally they're not using that buying power to get a better service for customers - $37 is a huge amount to pay for regular airmail shipping. If you're doing things like this in bulk you can get couriers like DPD (think FedEx for the UK) to take a 1KG package to the US in 2-3 days, fully tracked for less than £20. If the $37 is just sea freight international shipping I'm going to be pissed!
    1996-10-28 Wembley Arena, London, England, UK 2010-06-25 Hyde Park, London, England, UK 2012-06-21 MEN Arena, Manchester, England, UK 2014-07-11 Milton Keynes Bowl, Milton Keynes, England, UK
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418

How much would it cost for a regular person to send it from USA to Europe? Would it be cheaper than 40 bucks?

Not by much. According to the USPS, it'd be around $28-32.
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,133
    Here's a weird thing. I ordered a mystery poster and it said 16 lbs on the shipping sticker, but I just went to the post office and sent the poster to a friend in Canada for a trade and it only came up 12 lbs and I paid $10.50 to ship it. So how much more did I pay in the shipping cost for those 4 extra lbs?
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,227

Here's a weird thing. I ordered a mystery poster and it said 16 lbs on the shipping sticker, but I just went to the post office and sent the poster to a friend in Canada for a trade and it only came up 12 lbs and I paid $10.50 to ship it. So how much more did I pay in the shipping cost for those 4 extra lbs?

You sure its not ounces? You can plug in all the #s on usps.com and get all the different prices.
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
    Very well could be - I swear it said lbs on the label but I could be wrong.
    www.cluthelee.com
    edited August 2014
    Who knows.
    Post edited by 2-feign-reluctance on
    www.cluthelee.com

Very well could be - I swear it said lbs on the label but I could be wrong.

If it's a 12 lbs poster it must be HUGE! :D
  • Philip_IrelandPhilip_Ireland Posts: 519
    edited August 2014

How much would it cost for a regular person to send it from USA to Europe? Would it be cheaper than 40 bucks?

It's about 10 Euro from Ireland to the US. I have got lots of LPs from the US for about $15

Post edited by Philip_Ireland on
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    All the mystery poster tubes said 12 lbs. Santos even called himself out on it. But UPS ships by dimensional weight so it could've said "a billion metric tons" and it would've cost the same.
  • How much would it cost for a regular person to send it from USA to Europe? Would it be cheaper than 40 bucks?

It's about 10 Euro from Ireland to the US. I have got lots of LPs from the US for about $15

Yeah, but this is a heeeeaaaaavyyyy record and they put in i a huge custom made box with bubblewrap.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NY Posts: 1,596
    Ordered it today. Not happy having to pay 13$ shipping let alone 37$ but what can you do? I want the record... 10C needs to check themselves on this though. Clearly people are not happy about it...
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,139
    We can't still be talking about the same god damn thing, can we? Get over it. You're a member of a fan club, not a crybaby conglomerate. Grow up, suck it up, and just be glad they made the god damn thing. Jesus.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NY Posts: 1,596
    edited August 2014
    Yep. Sure can and this is a forum used to discuss things band related. i.e. releases. If you don't like the content of this thread (did you not notice the thread title) don't waste your time commenting. Thanks for your oh so wise insight tho. 8-|
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
  • javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    demetrios said:

Sweet baby jebus!!! @-)

It was only $4.05 for Vault 3 vinyl shipped to Canada!

Thanks Dino for the find!

WTF? I paid 5 bucks in order to ship my vault 3 to Buenos Aires, I feel I was ripped off... maybe, this time, comes with insurance, I don't know, I paid 37+ as well for shipping this time, and I remember that fellow clubber who got his waxes from vault 3 torn apart because the douche he had for a mailman/carrier bended the package, check the vault 3 threads to see the pics...
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,734

We can't still be talking about the same god damn thing, can we? Get over it. You're a member of a fan club, not a crybaby conglomerate. Grow up, suck it up, and just be glad they made the god damn thing. Jesus.

Really bringing a lot to the discussion here.
  • boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    Ordered the Jeff Buckley vinyl from Newbury Comics. They shipped it on 23rd Aug and it arrived today. SIX DAYS to get from US to UK. What gives 10c? Why does it take 10c so long to get their items shipped internationally?
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • willbarclaywillbarclay Ottawa, Canada Posts: 3,298
    I just mailed my extra vault 3 from Canada to Norway. $33 regular mail no tracking. They said it would be $50+ for tracking and faster service. And by faster I mean a day or two.
  • NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    Shipping from 10c to canada always baffled me... 3-4 weeks was/is crazy.

Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....

demetrios said:

Sweet baby jebus!!! @-)

It was only $4.05 for Vault 3 vinyl shipped to Canada!

Thanks Dino for the find!

WTF? I paid 5 bucks in order to ship my vault 3 to Buenos Aires, I feel I was ripped off... maybe, this time, comes with insurance, I don't know, I paid 37+ as well for shipping this time, and I remember that fellow clubber who got his waxes from vault 3 torn apart because the douche he had for a mailman/carrier bended the package, check the vault 3 threads to see the pics...
    I remember that. It looked like his package went through a trash masher, lol.
    As for the ultra cheap shipping then... that was obviously a glitch. They probably lost tons of money during that time.