Options

# of Framed vs stored posters

Comments

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    2 framed (1 PJ, 1 EV), 11 unframed (7 PJ, 4 others)
  • Options
    jlaustinjlaustin Ann Arbor, MI Posts: 2,355
    Proud poster nerd here!

24 framed, 110 in portfolio... This includes not 1, but 2 Manbearpigs! Woohoo - thanks Mystery Boxes! :))

Most are PJ/EV, but also a few Henry Rollins, Melvin's, Mudhoney, and QOTSA. And a few Emek and Kozik art prints.

Expensive, but fun hobby!
    2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Cincy, Detroit, Moline, & Milwaukee
    2015 Central Park
    2016 Lexington, Ottawa, Toronto 1 & 2, Boston 1 & 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2017 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    2018 Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Chicago 1

• Options
    fixer123 said:

I only have about 7 posters, all stored (so far). Can anyone recommend a portfolio? Really need to get with the program.

Get the 24x36 with refills...

http://www.jerrysartarama.com/discount-art-supplies/portfolios-and-presentation/picturesque-presentation-cases.htm

Looks like they are doing a buy 2 get 1 free... I need a third! Haha!
    2015 Central Park

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,533
    100% stored, 0% framed so far. 8-|
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul, come on, you need to get some up on the wall! :-h
    2015 Central Park

• Options
    lurkinlurkin Posts: 77
    edited August 2014
    This is a nice portfolio for storing posters. I've only had a few that don't fit in the 24" x 36".

Jerry's Artarama...watch the site, wait to buy until they go on sale.

http://www.jerrysartarama.com/discount-art-supplies/portfolios-and-presentation/picturesque-presentation-cases.htm

Oh, and the tally is 10 framed, 62 flat. What to say, what to say...
    Post edited by lurkin on
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    jlaustin said:

Ugh! I know, I know.
    Fucking money (or lack thereof) always ruins everything except when it doesn't. ;)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    7 in a portfolio(6 PJ & 1 SG)
    2 in tubes
    1 on the way from 10c
    0 framed but plan on getting a couple done this Autumn.
    2007 London
    2009 Manchester
    2010 Dublin / London
    2012 Manchester I & II / Berlin I & II / EV: Manchester
    2014 Amsterdam I & II / Vienna / Berlin / Leeds
  • Options
    scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,429
    Hmmm let me see, off the top of my head... 14 framed... mixture of PJ, ED Ved, City and Colour, Muse and Wilco.

Probably 30 or so in a portfolio. Again a mix some Wilco, QOTSA, but obviously lots of PJ and Ed Ved
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    I've heard the first step to healing is acknowledging there is a problem...so here goes!!
    Hi...My name is Dave and I'm a HUGE POSTER NERD!!!
    I have 68 framed posters...most are concert / gig posters, but I also have one room that has a Kentucky Derby, IndyCar & Formula 1 racing theme with quite a few framed horse & auto racing posters!
    I also have a few winery & city themed posters framed in my dining room / kitchen.
    Now for the difficult part...
    I have 172 posters stored in this flat file:

photo 20140815_161957_zpsbar26yri.jpg

I have them divided into these categories:

photo 20140815_162014_zpsotmaoacn.jpg

Most of them are in the top 2 drawers...but due to my Band of Horses, My Morning Jacket & Beck addiction, PLUS a TON of great BREAKING BAD prints, there are a LOT in the Other Music and TV Shows & Movies too!!
    There you go...I feel so much BETTER getting that off my chest!!!
    :D
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    Holy shit Dave, lol. ;)
    Impressive!!
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    jlaustin said:

fixer123 said:

I only have about 7 posters, all stored (so far). Can anyone recommend a portfolio? Really need to get with the program.

What do you do for your vertical posters....like the Coopers?
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    derbydave said:

I've heard the first step to healing is acknowledging there is a problem...so here goes!!
    I have 68 framed posters...most are concert / gig posters, but I also have one room that has a Kentucky Derby, IndyCar & Formula 1 racing theme with quite a few framed horse & auto racing posters!
    I also have a few winery & city themed posters framed in my dining room / kitchen.

Most of them are in the top 2 drawers...but due to my Band of Horses, My Morning Jacket & Beck addiction, PLUS a TON of great BREAKING BAD prints, there are a LOT in the Other Music and TV Shows & Movies too!!

Impressive in so many ways -- awesome collection. How do you have 68 framed/displayed? You must have a giant frigging house. My office has 6 in it but the other rooms are mostly 1-2 per room. You must have some rooms where the frames are your wallpaper, right?

And --- the obvious question -- do you live with a significant other?

If I was still a bachelor I could totally see coating my house with posters (although I wouldn't have a house this big as a bachelor) but my wife is kind to allow me to have at least 1 PJ poster in every room/area.

I dont want to stalk your house but would you consider photo-documenting this amazing feat of 68 framed posters?

And, have seen your flat file in a few others posts, love that thing.
  • Options
    fixer123fixer123 Posts: 140
    jlaustin said:

fixer123 said:

Ordered! Thank you. Also, maybe this will help those also looking: googled and found a code from retailmenot for 25% off and free shipping--very nice price indeed.
    think I'll throw these pills away...
  • Options
    edited August 2014

derbydave said:

Impressive in so many ways -- awesome collection. How do you have 68 framed/displayed? You must have a giant frigging house. My office has 6 in it but the other rooms are mostly 1-2 per room. You must have some rooms where the frames are your wallpaper, right?

If I was still a bachelor I could totally see coating my house with posters (although I wouldn't have a house this big as a bachelor) but my wife is kind to allow me to have at least 1 PJ poster in every room/area.

I dont want to stalk your house but would you consider photo-documenting this amazing feat of 68 framed posters?

You are correct about the "WALLPAPER" comment...I have 28 posters in my bedroom alone!!
    These are MOSTLY my "collage" posters & I only put posters from shows that I have attended in my bedroom!!
    I have a background in the visual arts & photography including print layout & design...so I don't like wasted white space on my walls & I even have a couple of posters(the ones I don't really like)hanging behind the doors!!
    Since you asked...here's a link to a Photobucket "story" of a bunch of these posters:
    http://s1104.photobucket.com/user/derbydave24/story/25917

I was married for 23 years...divorced back in 2010 & LOVE being able to do WHATEVER I want now...including traveling for PJ Shows!!!
    Post edited by derbydave on
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2

• Options
    lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,734

Ok Derby I have a question, maybe a silly one...do you stack the posters in order of size in the flat file? Or are they randomly stacked? I ask because I've noticed that in my portfolio, with randomly stacked prints, it looks as if the weight of the bigger posters may leave marks on the smaller ones...I don't want to create any damage.
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• Options
    I put the larger posters on the bottom & a piece of craft paper between each one!!
    I have a few posters that are too large for my flat file that I store in a large folding foamcore display board like you used for your science fair projects in high school too!!

• Options
    edited August 2014
    derbydave said:

derbydave said:

You are correct about the "WALLPAPER" comment...I have 28 posters in my bedroom alone!!
    These are MOSTLY my "collage" posters & I only put posters from shows that I have attended in my bedroom!!
    I have a background in the visual arts & photography including print layout & design...so I don't like wasted white space on my walls & I even have a couple of posters(the ones I don't really like)hanging behind the doors!!
    Since you asked...here's a link to a Photobucket "story" of a bunch of these posters:

I was married for 23 years...divorced back in 2010 & LOVE being able to do WHATEVER I want now...including traveling for PJ Shows!!!
    Ha!! Yes, singledome definitely has its perks! :D
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options

jlaustin said:

fixer123 said:

What do you do for your vertical posters....like the Coopers?

Yeah, those are problematic... I have about 10 that don't fit in these portfolios. Right now they are out of the tubes, still loosely rolled stored on shelves. I need to get some foam core board that is longer (and wider) to put them between with acid free paper.
    2015 Central Park

• Options
    PJ_Soul said:

jlaustin said:

Ugh! I know, I know.
    Fucking money (or lack thereof) always ruins everything except when it doesn't. ;)
    I hear ya! Haven't gotten any framed myself in the past 9 months or so... Hoping to win the lottery!

:))
    2015 Central Park

• Options
    fixer123 said:

jlaustin said:

fixer123 said:

Ordered! Thank you. Also, maybe this will help those also looking: googled and found a code from retailmenot for 25% off and free shipping--very nice price indeed.

Cool - you are going to like them, for sure. As mentioned above, some of the long and skinny posters or really big ones won't fit, but most do and it flattens them nicely!
    2015 Central Park

• Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    edited August 2014
    15 framed and circa 10 stored flat in a cheapo portfolio (Itoya Art Profolio, fits for the regular sized posters). Cannot afford the artorama thingy. But I don't really wanna store my posters anyways, I want them on the wall. For the larger posters, I use something like Elmer's foam board (looks like this: image) as somebody suggested in another thread once, with kraft paper between them. We are moving into a new house soon and there is much more wallspace, so we will probably reframe a couple of the ones we already have framed cheaply with nicer frames, and get some frames for the remaining ones. I keep my eyes peeled for one of these cabinets like Dave has. My dad has an antique one from a print store that is made of wood. A beautiful piece of furniture too. I hope one day, I will find something like this.Get them out of the tubes!
    Post edited by Leezestarr313 on
  • Options
    RB90590RB90590 Posts: 227
    Reformed poster nerd. 35 framed posters, everything else is gone. Have many collections, and posters that weren't displayed found new homes where they can be seen and enjoyed.
  • Options
    PH20PH20 Posts: 466
    Five framed and that's it. Going to get two more this fall!!

(Oh, wait...I forgot about Cornice from the mystery tube...she's not framed :)
    2006 - Marcus Ampitheater, Milwaukee
    2011 - Alpine Valley Ampitheater, East Troy
    2013 - Wrigley Field, Chicago
    2014 - Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul
    2014 - Bradley Center, Milwaukee
    2016 - Wrigley Field, Chicago
    2018 - Wrigley Field, Chicago 
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    derbydave said:

Wow. Now that's impressive. Great way to store them too. Wish I could get away with having a piece of furniture like that in the house.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    derbydave said:

Ah ha! Now I get it. :)
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,878
    Only 7 framed, about 25 stored flat and 5 new posters still in the tubes cause they don't fit in my portfolio
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Options
    derbydave said:

derbydave said:

Nice, thanks for sharing! Can tell there is an affinity for the way these get framed; some beautiful work as I have seen on the framed poster thread as well.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,906
    edited August 2014
    Five framed, about fifteen in the portfolio. I'd say at least four of the unframed prints are truly awaiting frames. Someday their prince will come. The others are just waiting.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    veddertownveddertown Scotland Posts: 5,260
    Over 30 framed and around 10 in the queue. Still shopping though... :)
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12