How memorable was your first Pearl Jam show?

13»

Comments

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,588
    Very. 10-31-93 Berkeley, CA @ The Greek.
    Great set, Sophomore in college and they were already my favorite band to listen to but this changed how I felt about them. So much better live than most bands I had ever seen.
    Ed had an anti-church rant, people were dressed up as all sorts of shit for Halloween and he caught a glow stick that was thrown to him while doing his "OOO-OOO-OOO-OOO" part during Jeremy. I remember thinking that was so cool....how he never stopped his singing and just stuck out his hand and caught it.
    (Saw them a week later in Indio @ the infamous 'Shoe The Shoeless' show which lead me to choose the board name I use here. Berkeley was a much better show.)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=NCwmmv3jU6A
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • alfordchamp1alfordchamp1 Aberdeen, UK Posts: 17
    First time was at Wembley in October '96. A memorable trip with some good friends and a setlist that had everything you could want from a show of that era. Still remember the whole experience like it was yesterday!
    SET 1
    Release
    Last Exit
    Animal
    Hail, Hail
    Go
    Tremor Christ
    Sometimes
    In My Tree
    Corduroy
    Better Man
    Even Flow
    Daughter
    Footsteps
    Jeremy
    Lukin
    Rearviewmirror
    Immortality
    Alive
    ENCORE 1
    Habit
    I Got Id
    Once
    State Of Love And Trust
    Present Tense

ENCORE 2
    Smile
    Yellow Ledbetter
  • sarnocmsarnocm York, ME Posts: 81
    Hey F Me, that 10/31/93 was my first show too! I was a sophomore at Stanford and couldn't get tix on the phone. I was so disappointed. Then I went to Ultimate Frisbee practice a couple days later and a friend announced to everybody that he had tickets and couldn't go. I immediately tackled him and call, "mine!" The atmosphere was fantastic with a simple set of lights and an awesome venue. It was definitely a religious experience.

1993 Berkeley
    1995 SF Polo grounds
    2010 Boston
    2013 Worcester 1, Worcester 2, Hartford
    2014 Vienna, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo, Denver
    2015 GCF
    2016 Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2
    2017 RRHOF

2018 Wrigley 1, Fenway 1&2

2022 EV—NYC 2, Berlin, Imola, Quebec City, Camden

• TyndsTynds Posts: 2
    Brixton Academy London in 1993. Had to stay near the back as my arm was in a sling but I seem to remember Eddie trying to swallow some thing that was thrown on stage (maybe a tampon!, I'm not sure). Had to stop halfway through Evenflow so the crowd could move back a few steps, but then restarted the song at the exact spot they had to stop it. I was only 17 and I'd never seen a band do that before so was blown away. It is one of my best gigs ever by any band or artist although last weeks show in Leeds does rival it. Just wish I could get a bootleg of the show....
    Brixton 07.14.1993, Manchester 06.04.2000, Manchester 08.17.2009, Leeds 07.08.2014
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,588
    sarnocm said:

Hey F Me, that 10/31/93 was my first show too! I was a sophomore at Stanford and couldn't get tix on the phone. I was so disappointed. Then I went to Ultimate Frisbee practice a couple days later and a friend announced to everybody that he had tickets and couldn't go. I immediately tackled him and call, "mine!" The atmosphere was fantastic with a simple set of lights and an awesome venue. It was definitely a religious experience.

Nice! I was at USC and my buddy's mom got us tickets. I remember she told us as a surprise when we were up to SF to see her, tour Alcatraz and stuff like that and we freaked the fuck out.
    I was with the same guys on an annual fishing trip earlier this year and they know I am going to iPod them to death with PJ boots -- one of them said that it was the other guy's mom who was to blame for my 20+ year obsession with the band.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    It was ok.
    GoiMTvP.gif