*** Stockholm Fanviews Here 6/28/14 ***

Comments

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    i had a blast..we laugh and dance so much at stockholm..with so many i great friends..and this was my least favo show of all 8 i went...go figure how fuckin great tour and shows boys doing..amazing..they are at their best
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • alizmializmi Baltimore...MD Posts: 196
    Huge thank you to all that posted vids!
  • bluegrace said:

bluegrace, har du last artikeln i DN? hur var den? tack!!

Nej, de har "låst in" den, det är plusmaterial och jag prenumererar inte just nu. Grrrrrrrr
    Men jag läste Svd:s artikel, den var positiv, fast handlade annars mest om skribentens egna tonårsminnen kring PJ.
    Ja, Svd:s artikel läste jag också och håller med... Tack ändå! Ha det så bra :-)
    She holds the hand that holds her down...
    She will... rise above...
  • ozgurkdozgurkd Juneau, Alaska Posts: 434
    tack sa mykett
    Living is no laughing matter: you must live with great seriousness like a squirrel for example - I mean without looking for something beyond and above living, I mean living must be your whole occupation.
    Nazım Hikmet
  • bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357

bluegrace said:

Nej, de har "låst in" den, det är plusmaterial och jag prenumererar inte just nu. Grrrrrrrr
    Men jag läste Svd:s artikel, den var positiv, fast handlade annars mest om skribentens egna tonårsminnen kring PJ.
    Ja, Svd:s artikel läste jag också och håller med... Tack ändå! Ha det så bra :-)
    Ha det bra du med!
    :)
    Kool Kat Club 1992, Moderna museet 1992, Globen 2012, Friends arena 2014
    ozgurkd said:

tack sa mykett

Nej men vad har vi här, en till som kan svenska
  • StaffanStaffan Posts: 606

bluegrace, har du last artikeln i DN? hur var den? tack!!</blockquot

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1435768850040146&set=gm.895616223798998&type=1&theater

Everyday................is Pearl Jam Day.

Except Sundays, that's Ed day.

The mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work unless it's open. FZ

• Leathe?ma?Leathe?ma? Яussia Posts: 354
    edited July 2014
    I'll just leave it here:
    Finally took some time and strength between crying (All night) and sinking (Deep) in my own thoughts to go through the pictures I made on the most awaited day of my life. And found this:
    Fans of Pearl Jam from Iowa, Sweden, Chicago and Russia before the concert.
    I heard an awesome story of a 50 years old man standing right next to me, who was saying 'Hello, I am Jeam from Chicago!' to all the people around him and then said that we all should take a picture 'because we are family!' (that is kind of a main reason why I miss the Americans in my life so bad...)
    And then he told me it was his 20th Pearl Jam concert. The first one was in 1994 ( I have never felt that jealous in my life. NEVER. ) Each year during these 20 years he's been choosing a city in a different country and going for a concert on a day or two. Last year he was in Costa Rica. This year he came across the ocean to Stockholm for a day just to see his favorite band live.
    It makes my heart so warm knowing there are people like him in this world.
    Rays of love are flying to you from rainy Saint-Petersburg, Jeam from Chicago.
  • Staffan said:

Thanks Staffan, is she really a "journalist"??? Tack ändå! :-)
    She holds the hand that holds her down...
    She will... rise above...
    Yea, thanks for the article Staffan, even though I didn't like her review much, she seems not to be a fan at all. Complaining that the concert was too long...
  • StaffanStaffan Posts: 606
    bluegrace said:

Yea, thanks for the article Staffan, even though I didn't like her review much, she seems not to be a fan at all. Complaining that the concert was too long...

Wrong person to send to Review PJ for sure :)
    Everyday................is Pearl Jam Day.

Except Sundays, that's Ed day.

The mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work unless it's open. FZ

• Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Schmakt said:

I cannot believe they played Red Mosquito. I had given up on hearing that... Thank you!!

Now I've just got to find an S/N poster and off to Oslo!
    Wonderful night. Wonderful.

Red Mosqito is a rarity? Been to 5 shows, and they've played Red Mosquito in three of those shows.

---Thinking before you speak is like wiping your ass before taking a shit---

---Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see---

*Oslo 2000
    *Stockholm 2012
    *Oslo 2012
    *Stockholm 2014
    *Oslo 2014
  • jjtormeyjjtormey Chicago Posts: 478
    Hey Leathe?ma?...thanks for the rays of love. It was a wonderful evening and meeting you and all the other fans was incredible. I will hope for a PJ show in Saint Petersburg, so I can come to your city next year!!
    In the meantime, I will send rays of love back to you from sunny Chicago.
    Jim
    '94 - Miami;  '95 - Chicago;  '06 - Chicago x 2;  '08 - Washington, DC;   '09 - Berlin; Philly #1;   '10 - Noblesville, IN; Bristol, VA;   '11 - PJ20 x 2; Costa Rica;   '12 - Missoula;   '13 - Wrigley, Baltimore, Seattle;   '14 - Stockholm, St Louis;  '16 - Wrigley x 2; Fenway;  '18 - Wrigley x 2;  
  • LinnaLinna Stockholm, Sweden Posts: 105
    edited July 2014
    What an amazing show! ^:)^ I am still in awe. Best concert I've ever been to! It was like being run over by a train of pure joy and love. I am so, so, so sad that I couldn't go to any of the other European shows. Hopefully I'll do almost all of the shows in the US this fall. Here's to hoping!

This is Expressen's (the second largest paper) review. It is very rare that the large Swedish papers rate a concert five out of five, as both Aftonbladet and Expressen did with this one. The reviewers are strict about the shows having to be truly spectacular for them to dish out the top grade. Yes, this show was unbelievable!

A string of hit pearls
    The grunge veterans still sound alive

At last it's happened: a band has managed to master Friends arena.
    Because of that Pearl Jam succeed in repeating their last concert-classic.

Pearl Jam really only compete with themselves, with that concert in the Globe two years ago that has already taken on virtually mythological proportions.
    I was there, I experienced it. And I didn't think it would happen again. Least of all in the mocked Friends arena.
    But it does.
    Pearl Jam are utmost aware of the conditions and therefore bring out the big sledge hammer. They slam out no less than nine songs from their milestone, the debut album Ten, in a concert that lasts nearly three hours and goes through so many different phases that you get dizzy.
    First off four slow songs, then complete rock'n'roll rage and then arena rock that makes the most unsexy square, to quote singer Eddie Vedder, of a concert place become soft and pliable.
    Pearl Jam succeed with what one thought was impossible: to tame the monster that is Friends arena.
    They do that by being human. By letting their classics be reshaped, extended and jammed out. By curing gloominess by keeping such loose reins that they can throw in anything and succeed even when they let themselves ”fail”.
    Or as Vedder says after Red mosquito:
    – We made a mistake. YOU made it beautiful.
    He usually uncorks a bottle of vino or two. Tonight he pulls out the first cork with his teeth. That bottle later goes out into the crowd, to a girl who on a sign asked for an autograph on her shoe. She gets it. The other shoe is returned to her after Vedder has filled it with wine and taken a drink out of it.
    It sounds crackers.
    But Pearl Jam serves up just such a cracking wonderful night.
    Again.

Rating: Five out of five
    Crowd: 23 908
    Question: Who teaches Eddie Vedder speak Swedish so well?
    Best: Mike McCready's solo in Black – blow me down!
    Worst: Will Swedes ever get to hear a Mother Love Bone song live?

Song by song:
    Release, 5/5: Goosebumps when the first of incredibly nine Ten songs is played.
    Sometimes, 4/5: The calm, the drama.
    EWBCST, 5/5: The opening from 2012 is now song numer three and even better.
    Black, 5/5: The best ballad ever in a magical version with an incredible solo by Mike McCready.
    Go, 4/5: Suddenly the band shifts pace and Go becomes a request: Go!
    Animal, 4/5: Pearl Jam goes at it with everything they've got.
    MYM, 3/5: Furious speed, Eddie Vedder is like a grunting punk rocker.
    Why go, 5/5: The arena rock phase that becomes them so incredibly well begins.
    Corduroy, 5/5: The big masterpiece from Vitalogy, celebrating its 20 year anniversary.
    Lightning bolt, 4/5: The title track from the latest album sounds exactly like something they could have made 1993.
    Red mosquito, 4/5: One of the best songs from 1996 when it was Pearl Jam against the world.
    My father's son, 4/5: Kids with bad dads can become good fathers.
    Given to fly, 5/5: One of their best back to the roots-songs.
    Daughter, 5/5: Dedicated to the youngest concert goer.
    U, 3/5: Pretty good, but a b-side for a reason.
    Sirens, 5/5: The big ballad from the last album becomes an unexpected crowd thrill.
    Even flow, 5/5: McCready plays a perfect solo with the guitarr behind his back.
    Green disease, 4/5: One of those nervy things they are so good at.
    Jeremy, 5/5: Did the roof just come down?
    Spin the black circle, 4/5: How fast is this, really?
    RVM, 4/5: Dedicated to the Hives, incredible finish.
    Just breathe, 5/5: The first encore song will be known as the shoe song.
    Oceans, 5/5: If I ever take up surfing this will be my soundtrack.
    Mother, 4/5: Pink Floyd gets a conscientious acoustic Eddie Vedder-treatment.
    Once, 5/5: Yet another of these altered classics that have gotten even better.
    Supersonic, 4/5: Dedicated to and sounds pretty much exactly like the Hives.
    Sonic Reducer, 4/5: Have 23 000 people ever clapped hands during a Dead Boys-cover?
    Porch, 5/5: Eddie Vedder acts like Tarzan and swings over the crowd.
    Do the evolution, 4/5: It's evolution, baby!
    Better man, 5/5: Arena ballad that gets nearly everyone to sing like crazy.
    Alive, 5/5: Their signature song hasn't at all become a tedious Paranoid or Enter Sandman.
    Baba O'Riley, 5/5: And how can a tired Who song grow into such a monster?
    Indifference, 5/5: Pearl Jam open and finish the gig with a super powerful ballad.
    2014: Stockholm 6/28, Cinci 10/1, StL 10/3, ACL 10/5, Tulsa 10/8, Lincoln 10/9, ACL 10/12, Memphis 10/14, Detroit 10/16, Moline 10/17, StP 10/19, MKE 10/20, Denver 10/22, Bridge School 10/25 & 10/26.
    2015: NYC 9/26, Bogotá 11/25, Mexico City 11/28.
    2016: Philly 4/28, NYC 5/1 and 5/2, Quebec 5/5, Ottawa 5/8, Toronto 5/10, Wrigley 8/20 & 8/22. (+ EV: Ohana 8/27).
    2017: RRHOF 4/7 (+EV: Amsterdam1 4/27, Sicily 6/26 & 6/27, Louisville 9/23, Franklin 9/24)
    Fan since the first time I heard Jeremy on MTV in 1992. White whales: Other Side & Brother. Love, peace & PJ! – Linn
  • Leathe?ma?Leathe?ma? Яussia Posts: 354
    edited July 2014
    jjtormey said:

Hey Leathe?ma?...thanks for the rays of love. It was a wonderful evening and meeting you and all the other fans was incredible. I will hope for a PJ show in Saint Petersburg, so I can come to your city next year!!
    In the meantime, I will send rays of love back to you from sunny Chicago.
    Jim

Hello Jim! It's not mine, it's written by a girl called Nastya (standing right on the photo), I just posted it here) However I'm glad to see your reaction, I'll show it to her! Unfortunately PJ show in Russia seems unreal, but who knows.. Anyway, if you're going to visit Moscow some day, feel free to message me about a city tour and one-two pints of beer :)>-
    Dmitry
    Post edited by Leathe?ma? on
  • I just made a Spotify playlist with the songs from the show. Enjoy! :)

http://open.spotify.com/user/dudrik/playlist/4Bn74MnSdgYybjJ45n9ujb
    Stockholm, Ericsson Globe Arena - Jul 07, 2012
    Stockholm Friends Arena - Jun 28, 2014
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    No one has video of Sometimes?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • sickofitsickofit Norway Posts: 780
    edited August 2014
    I guess this belongs here....

Decided to address "the shoe incident" after a few "episodes" (a lady calling me her hero backstage in Oslo, random ppl sending me congratulatory messages on facebook - wtf? and a guy getting excited to meet me at a Neil Young & Crazy Horse gig in Bergen and wanting to get a pic hahaha!! That was hilarious..."you're famous now, deal with it!" he said) :-j

I've had a lot questions: I'd like to reassure everyone that none of it will ever go on e-bay (a little offended ppl wd think that :P), I walked to the car with bare feet after the show, haven't worn the shoes since, the bottle was about 1/3-full and it was gooooood to drink the lot down!!

As for what it was all about: Those of you who met me at PJ20 may remember I decided to turn a pair of shoes I was given, after my luggage didn't turn up at Chicago, into a keepsake by getting ppl I met to sign them (incl. the Ames Bros.)...so me making the sign kinda stems from there.

The whole incident at Stockholm was surreal. I didn't expect it to happen the way it did - I had rather expected Eddie to ignore the sign. I thought it would end with him saying "Sweetheart, you picked the wrong noun!". I had a good laugh at that....and even more so at Eddie's reaction when the crowd around me started chanting "sign her shoe!" :\"> And I still dunno why I drank all the wine from the bottle in one go....it was not a calculated move. Boothy said he would keep the bottle safe for me if I drank it up (I don't think he meant all of it in one go), so in my head I must have thought "OK, just gimme a sec" :))

Finally, I've kinda, sort of embraced the title "Shoegirl" - but don't call me that to my face! And, though the shoes were fairly new and I don't have smelly feet/fungus/verrucas or any any sort of warts, even I thought it was gross that Eddie drank out of my shoe :-&

Until I figure out how to embed videos L-) (edit: I figured it out!!!)...here are links ppl sent me to vids on youtube (found the last one myself ystday):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQjoDDI3ifo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgT_aQYViL4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0ohOZTcVf0

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/pearl-jams-eddie-vedder-drinks-wine-from-fans-shoe-video-available/
    Post edited by sickofit on
    if I keep holding out,.... will the light shine through?
    edited August 2014
    Sickofit, thanks for posting. It was a nice read to hear your side of the story. Btw, I thought the whole "shoe incident" was hilarious.
    Post edited by bluegrace on
    sickofit said:

I guess this belongs here....

Decided to address "the shoe incident" after a few "episodes" (a lady calling me her hero backstage in Oslo, random ppl sending me congratulatory messages on facebook - wtf? and a guy getting excited to meet me at a Neil Young & Crazy Horse gig in Bergen and wanting to get a pic hahaha!! That was hilarious..."you're famous now, deal with it!" he said) :-j

I've had a lot questions: I'd like to reassure everyone that none of it will ever go on e-bay (a little offended ppl wd think that :P), I walked to the car with bare feet after the show, haven't worn the shoes since, the bottle was about 1/3-full and it was gooooood to drink the lot down!!

As for what it was all about: Those of you who met me at PJ20 may remember I decided to turn a pair of shoes I was given, after my luggage didn't turn up at Chicago, into a keepsake by getting ppl I met to sign them (incl. the Ames Bros.)...so me making the sign kinda stems from there.

The whole incident at Stockholm was surreal. I didn't expect it to happen the way it did - I had rather expected Eddie to ignore the sign. I thought it would end with him saying "Sweetheart, you picked the wrong noun!". I had a good laugh at that....and even more so at Eddie's reaction when the crowd around me started chanting "sign her shoe!" :\"> And I still dunno why I drank all the wine from the bottle in one go....it was not a calculated move. Boothy said he would keep the bottle safe for me if I drank it up (I don't think he meant all of it in one go), so in my head I must have thought "OK, just gimme a sec" :))

Finally, I've kinda, sort of embraced the title "Shoegirl" - but don't call me that to my face! And, though the shoes were fairly new and I don't have smelly feet/fungus/verrucas or any any sort of warts, even I thought it was gross that Eddie drank out of my shoe :-&

Until I figure out how to embed videos L-) (edit: I figured it out!!!)...here are links ppl sent me to vids on youtube (found the last one myself ystday):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQjoDDI3ifo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgT_aQYViL4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0ohOZTcVf0

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/pearl-jams-eddie-vedder-drinks-wine-from-fans-shoe-video-available/

ITS GOOD TO KNOW YOU YAMINI IN PERSON,BEFORE U BECOME FAMOUS ;)
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    :-j you're more famous than any of us Dimitris! ^:)^
  • WhyNotSwedenWhyNotSweden Sweden Posts: 4,249
    Had a blast, got 1st row, my request (Oceans) played, ended up with Eddies mic and photo on pearljam.com. Sorry for the "hey hey" in the end of Alive on the official boot :-)
    Ladda upp bilder gratis på Forumbilder.se
    -95, Stockholm (MirrorBall Tour)
    -00, Stockholm
    -07, Copenhagen
    -09, Berlin
    -10, Berlin
    -11, East Troy 1+2
    -12, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, EV London 2
    -13, London, Chicago
    -14, Amsterdam 1+2, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo
    -16, TOTD San Francisco 1+2
    -17, EV Amsterdam 2+3
    -18, Amsterdam 1+2, London 1+(2), Barcelona, London 2
    -19, EV Brussels

• My three personal highlights edited:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvmrNcJT-OU
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    Listening now to Stockholm on Ten Club Radio. It's so nice to relive the memories.

bluegrace said:

Listening now to Stockholm on Ten Club Radio. It's so nice to relive the memories.

same here..was fun
  • Hi friends!
    Here's the link to my flickr photos from Stockholm and Berlin, I hope you like them!
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/yiota79/sets/72157646744040801/ :x
    U_it'sUUU said:

Hi friends!
    Here's the link to my flickr photos from Stockholm and Berlin, I hope you like them!

nice
    U_it'sUUU said:

Hi friends!

well done! Some really nice shots there :)

• lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,694
    Had a blast, got 1st row, my request (Oceans) played, ended up with Eddies mic and photo on pearljam.com. Sorry for the "hey hey" in the end of Alive on the official boot :-) Ladda upp bilder gratis på Forumbilder.se
    Remembering this . Me and tobias. Famous for a day.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -