Gorge Poster

Seattle1974Seattle1974 Posts: 81
edited June 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
I was at the Gorge show last week. I took my 13 year old brother who was visiting from NYC. Not only was is it his first pj show, it was his first ever concert. (Could you imagine your first show being Pearl Jam at the Gorge!)
Anyway, he was blown away as was I, it was a great experience for us to have shared.

I wanted to get him a poster of the show. My intent was to frame it and give it to him as a gift. Alas they sold out before I could get one. I would like to purchase one, but the asses posting them on ebay are asking far too much. Is there anyone out there that for whatever reason, does not need/want theirs or ended up with an extra they can spare. I will pay you for it but I don't want to be gouged like the jerks at ebay seem to be doing.

I would be forever grateful. pm me if this is a possibility.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• brad klausen has some left. if you live in seattle it would be pretty easy to pull off. shoot me a pm and ill send you contact info.
  • awesome, I just pm'ed you.
    Thanks!!
  • Didnt we go over this when the Atlantic city tickets started showing up on ebay? They are asking that much because someone is willing to pay whatever that much is. I hope you are just as mad at the fans buying the posters too.
    I do understand the basis for market value, it still pisses me off.
  • Hey,

If you have any luck with Brad Klausen, could you PM me as well? The Gorge poster sold out just as I got to the counter, after I'd waited in line for an hour. I try to get posters from the shows I've seen & it kills me to have missed out on this show of all shows.

Thanks!
    no time to be void or save up on life
    you've got to spend it all.
  • hitting a dead end. can anyone help?
  • BrushdailyBrushdaily Marin County Posts: 181
    I call Bullshit on you. Posters were available throughout the show up until the very end. If you wanted one so bad you should have waited in line like the rest of us. But now your trying to get favors instead of paying the ebay price. NO POSTER FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • i agree... we left seattle at noon just so we would be in line by 3 before the doors opened at 4. we did that even though we had guaranteed seats in the front rows. the only reason we left so damn early was so we got posters. if you must have one then GET THERE EARLY.
  • Gorge poster sold out about when the show started. I watched them take the last 2 off the wall & missed PJ taking the stage. That WAS after waiting an hour. What's your problem?
  • Brushdaily wrote:
    I call Bullshit on you. Posters were available throughout the show up until the very end. If you wanted one so bad you should have waited in line like the rest of us. But now your trying to get favors instead of paying the ebay price. NO POSTER FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it's no bullshit, I got there as the show started. The shows are about the music and it was more important to get in and get a good spot rather than wait in line for a poster. There were no posters left at the end of the show. I am merely looking for help. I thought it would be a nice gift for my brother's first show. If you can't help, fine, but there's no need to get on my ass about it. Be part of the solution or get out of the way.

I may ultimatley buy one on ebay, but you certainly can't fault me for seeking help amoung fellow fans. For example, I saw pj tickets on ebay for well over face value, does that mean that I should not try to purchurse them for face from someone willing to forsake a profit and help out a fellow fan. I have never sold an extra concert ticket to anyone for any price above face, maybe that makes me a sucker, or maybe I have some good karma built up and I may end up with the poster I seek. Regardless, what gives with the attitude.

"you have the brash manners of a Yale-ie" Monty Burns.
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    Brushdaily wrote:
    There were posters available at the end of the show, you're right. But, they weren't the specific Gorge poster....they had a Rearview Rirror poster and a Pearl Jam North America 2005 poster....I think they were 2 for $5. I didn't want one of those and I too was too late entering to get a Gorge poster and am Sad about that too....but I got one from the Vancouver show....and I am happy about that. :)
  • aNiMaL wrote:
    There were posters available at the end of the show, you're right. But, they weren't the specific Gorge poster....they had a Rearview Rirror poster and a Pearl Jam North America 2005 poster....I think they were 2 for $5. I didn't want one of those and I too was too late entering to get a Gorge poster and am Sad about that too....but I got one from the Vancouver show....and I am happy about that. :)

I did get a Vancouver poster as well. Very happy about that :D

Don't give up Seattle1974 - it's also possible that extras could show up on the 10C Goods section in time.
  • circlesdowncirclesdown Posts: 307
    If you do have a Gorge poster I'm willing to pay $100 for it. PM me, thanks.
  • MilestoneMilestone Posts: 1,100
    I never got this poster and I’m still chapped about it. Let’s do a re-issue! 
    11-2-2000 Portland. 12-8-2002 Seattle. 4-18-2003 Nashville. 5-30-2003 Vancouver. 10-25-2003 Bridge School. 9-2-2005 Vancouver.
    7-6-2006 Las Vegas. 7-20-2006 Portland. 7-22-2006 Gorge. 9-21-2009 Seattle. 9-22-2009 Seattle. 9-26-2009 Ridgefield. 9-25-2011 Vancouver.
    11-29-2013 Portland. 10-16-2014 Detroit. 8-8-2018 Seattle. 8-10-2018 Seattle. 8-13-2018 Missoula.