Options

Lets About The Passion, aka R.E.M. Love

robertstackarmyrobertstackarmy So. WI Posts: 681
edited June 2014 in Other Music
Seriously, who doesn't love these guys!

Front to back the perfect career. Sure, I wish Bill would have stayed drumming and Around The Sun never happened, but for their longevity you cannot ask for more. Hell, the song "Find The River" still gives me goosebumps.

And they went out on their own terms, no cash grab "final tour," just done.
Post edited by robertstackarmy on

Comments

• Options
    PJSirenPJSiren Salem, OR Posts: 5,863
    I honestly don't know a lot about the band or anything that didn't get radio play, but Losing My Religion was a song that got me at a very young age, and I love it to this day....
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,916
    Automatic For The People is a top ten all time album for me. Monster was a perfect addition to the excellent mid-90's music catalog. I still have a hard time accepting they are no longer a band.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Of The AggieOf The Aggie The ATX Posts: 1,493
    One of my all-time favorite bands!
  • Options
    robertstackarmyrobertstackarmy So. WI Posts: 681
    JimmyV said:

Automatic For The People is a top ten all time album for me. Monster was a perfect addition to the excellent mid-90's music catalog. I still have a hard time accepting they are no longer a band.

I agree! The only advantage? I am seeing The Baseball Project (Peter on guitar, Mike on bass) in a basement in Madison! How freaking cool is that?! Also, when I saw Peter Buck solo a few months ago, he does his own merch, so I got to talk to him and get a pic, etc. That wouldn't have happened at an REM show.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,916

JimmyV said:

I agree! The only advantage? I am seeing The Baseball Project (Peter on guitar, Mike on bass) in a basement in Madison! How freaking cool is that?! Also, when I saw Peter Buck solo a few months ago, he does his own merch, so I got to talk to him and get a pic, etc. That wouldn't have happened at an REM show.
    That is AWESOME and you are right, it sure wouldn't have!

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Absolutely love REM. Chronic Town to Automatic For The People should be in everyone's collection. Saw them 11 times. Still wasn't enough. Such a great band
    Happy up here in my tree
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,195
    edited June 2014
    Automatic for the People is still great. "Drive" is such an underrated song and always dug "Ignoreland" from the 1st time I heard it.
  • Options
    curlygirly9curlygirly9 Vancouver, WA Posts: 1,872
    edited June 2014
    I love REM. They are hit or miss to me, but when they're good, they're great. Monster is my favorite. So underrated. And agree about Drive, it's amazing live too.
    Rose Garden Arena - Nov 02, 2000, Key Arena - Oct 22, 2001, Key Arena - Dec 08, 2002, Key Arena - Dec 09, 2002, Clark County Amphitheater - Sep 26, 2009
  • Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    Great band. Sad I never got to see them live. The announcement of their break up was so sudden. It's like once they got into the HOF they were done. That's what it felt like. They are really my only bucket list band left.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12