ARC .......possible opener for Cincinnati

SICKMANSICKMAN Posts: 56
Given the history of the venue, and the circumstances, I'd like to throw out an idea/suggestion/request for the boys to play "Arc" as the opening number for the Cincy '14 show.

If I'm not mistaken, this will be the first time the band has played Cincy (with general admission factors at play) since the Roskilde tragedy.

I can't think of a better way to open the night; pay homage to fallen fans; and raise a voice of solidarity

The evening will be special nonetheless, but hearing "Arc" - and knowing the heart put into its' fruition.......

.....That'd make the experience seem, for lack of a better word, blessed

Having had the pleasure of hearing Ed perform this gem on his solo tours, I don't think the song has been officially retired from the bands repertoire......At least, I hope not..

Peace to all......and thanks for your consideration

When you make your peace with authority, you become authority. - Jim Morrison

Comments

• Not going to happen. Pearl Jam Will most likely never play that song again as a band. I would pan on Something like the Kids are alright or something similar again.
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,762
    edited June 2014
    You are mistaken. They played Cincy in 2006. Also, it's the same building as the Who tragedy. That event was mentioned the last time around.

I don't really get the connection between Roskilde and Cincinnati, either.

The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • Not going to happen. Pearl Jam Will most likely never play that song again as a band.

^^This.
    2008 - 6/28, 6/30
    2009 - 8/21,10/30, 10/31
    2010 - 5/15, 5/17, 5/20, 5/21
    2011 - 9/3/11, 9/4, 9/11, 9/12, 9/14
    2012 - 9/2
    2013 - 7/19, 10/15, 10/16, 10/19, 10/25
    2014 - 6/16. 6/17, 6/20, 10/1

EV solo 8.1.08, 6.8.09, 6.15.11, 6.16.11
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    edited June 2014
    know1 said:

The Who played a show in Cincy in 1979 where 11 fans were killed.
    Post edited by DewieCox on
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,762
    DewieCox said:

know1 said:

The Who played a show in Cincy in 1979 where 11 fans were killed.
    Yeah - I mentioned that in the part of my post you cut out of the quote.

I still don't really think there's a strong connection...plus they've already played this building since Roskilde.

The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,089
    I'd expect Long Road again, which was played in 2006.
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • SICKMANSICKMAN Posts: 56
    know1 said:

You are mistaken. They played Cincy in 2006. Also, it's the same building as the Who tragedy. That event was mentioned the last time around.

The reference was to the general admission (at least partial) status of the show. Up til 07 ( lolla in chi- town....amazing night!) PJ had sworn off shows with GA following the Roskilde event. Actually, Cincy had a ban on GA shows up til Bruce Almighty turned stuff around with a gig there in '02. Had tix to the Cincy '06 show .... Didn't quite make that one. That's another story for another time....but I'm sure it was all reserved
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    edited June 2014
    Maybe I don't have a soul, but I think it is strange that it is almost like people look forward to dedications to solumn events like it will make the show better. I just am excited to see Pearl jam in Cinci, and am not playing Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon to link a show to a depressing event to somehow make the show more emotional and "better".

I just don't understand the thought process.

Maybe I don't have a soul, but I think it is strange that it is almost like people look forward to dedications to solumn events like it will make the show better. I just am excited to see Pearl jam in Cinci, and am not playing Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon to link a show to a depressing event to somehow make the show more emotional and "better".

You could be in need if one of two things brutha

... A hug....or maybe a beer.

If I see you at the show Ill be glad to give ya both
    SICKMAN said:

Ha, I will take the beer but not the hug. Fist bump.

SICKMAN said:

Ha, I will take the beer but not the hug. Fist bump.
    U got it pal ....anything for a fellow jammer .....

We're all just sisters and brothers from others mothers here
  • They'll never play it again. 9 times in 2003, for the 9 victims of Roskilde.

Cincinnati, or any other US city for that matter has no relevance
    -Chris
    Male, 34

I'm on Facebook - facebook.com/christopher.leesye1

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2008 LA 2, San Diego 1 (EV)
    2009 LA 1, 2, 3 & 4, San Diego
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
    2013 Chicago, Dallas & OKC
  • KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    God I hope not. ARC is a must skip for me whenever it comes on. I wasn't able to make any shows last fall so I am hoping for the Pendulum opener.
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • dugangsxrdugangsxr Covington KY Posts: 670
    No, no, no!!
    Paul D.
  • GirlLovesPJGirlLovesPJ New Jersey Posts: 960
    You know it's gonna be Pendulum. :)
    2012: Philadelphia, Atlanta
    2013: Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires, Chicago, Worcester 1 & 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Philadelphia 1 & 2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Oslo, Gdynia, Leeds, Cincinnati, St. Paul, Milwaukee
    2015: New York City, Mexico City
    2016: Miami, Columbia, New York City 2, Quebec City, Chicago 2
    2018: Seattle 1 & 2, Boston 1 & 2
    2022: New York City 2, Camden
    2023: St. Paul 1 & 2, Chicago 2, Austin 1 & 2
  • jamburgerjamburger Posts: 1,775

Kevin Bacon was in Frost/Nixon, with Rance Howard, who was in Walk Hard-The Dewey Cox Story, with Eddie Vedder, who performed at Roskilde.

jamburger said:

Kevin Bacon was in Frost/Nixon, with Rance Howard, who was in Walk Hard-The Dewey Cox Story, with Eddie Vedder, who performed at Roskilde.

Well done.