Ten Club Seniority?

Comments

• callencallen Posts: 6,388
    quimby20 said:

callen said:

RiotZact said:

Gmoney said:

Seniority means nothing now a days... .

Really? Nothing? How about it means you got to see the band when they were in their prime while I was sitting in an Elementary School somewhere? So YOU should be given a better shot than ME solely based on the fact that it was IMPOSSIBLE for me to be a 10c member because of my age at the time? Yeah that sounds fair. And then when I am considered a senior member like you I'll get to see the band from decent seats when they are 75 years old, only fair right? My punishment for being born in the 90's. Not to mention that this is my 6th time seeing the band, I don't know how many times most of you "senior" members have seen them but I'm assuming it's a hell of a lot more than 6, so you should be given a better shot to see them for the 25th time than I should be given to see them for the 6th time, again very fair.
    Yes. Suck it up entitled youngster. Life's not fair.

Many have been paying dues for years not missing a year so yes that should get preferential treatment.

Or an entitled long time FAN CLUB (stressing fan club) member. Again as you so eloquently stated life is not fair
    HA. Touché'. >:) >:)
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • DE483DE483 Posts: 428
    BinFrog said:

Member number doesn't dictate seniority: it IS seniority. The lower your number, the better your seat location will be (or should be at least...with some hiccups along the way)

Which is true if you get seats now. Seniority mens nothing due to the lottery. If you go 0-6 and get nothing then all you are left with is a nice low number and a bootleg of a show you were unable to attend. #44,xxx - with no tickets to any shows on the Us tour. Public sale awaits I suppose
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,816

This is another area where I think the Dave Matthews Band does it the right way. If they play two shows in the same city, seating on night 1 is based on seniority. Night 2 is random. As a 15 year member, I'm all in favor of giving everyone a shot at decent seats.

I agree a thousand percent with this Idea

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • AggAgg Posts: 462
    I understand where a lot of the 20+ year members are coming from, but at the same time, there are a lot of younger fans (like me), who were born in the 90's and never got a chance to build seniority. It sucks when people (especially lifelong members) don't get tickets, but it's fair for everyone.
    2013: Wrigley Field, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1, Brooklyn 2, Philly 1, Philly 2, Baltimore
    2014: Cincinnati
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2, MSG 1, MSG 2, Fenway 1, Fenway 2, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: Rock N Roll Hall of Fame Induction
    2018: Krakow, Chicago 1, Chicago 2, Boston 1, Boston 2
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,203
    callen said:

RiotZact said:

Gmoney said:

Really? Nothing? How about it means you got to see the band when they were in their prime while I was sitting in an Elementary School somewhere? So YOU should be given a better shot than ME solely based on the fact that it was IMPOSSIBLE for me to be a 10c member because of my age at the time? Yeah that sounds fair. And then when I am considered a senior member like you I'll get to see the band from decent seats when they are 75 years old, only fair right? My punishment for being born in the 90's. Not to mention that this is my 6th time seeing the band, I don't know how many times most of you "senior" members have seen them but I'm assuming it's a hell of a lot more than 6, so you should be given a better shot to see them for the 25th time than I should be given to see them for the 6th time, again very fair.

Many have been paying dues for years not missing a year so yes that should get preferential treatment.

So I'm entitled because I want a fair shot like everyone else at seeing my favorite band live? Wow. I'm not even sure why I'm arguing about this, clearly the band agrees with me, hence adding the GA pit to see some different faces up front.
  • callencallen Posts: 6,388

Member # 27xxx here i'm not leaving 10C , i have way more important things in my life to worry about & getting my front row seats to a concert is not one of'em any more .....

U are an inspiration to our club..amd not cos of your number..but for theway u deal with life
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    RiotZact said:

callen said:

RiotZact said:

Gmoney said:

So I'm entitled because I want a fair shot like everyone else at seeing my favorite band live? Wow. I'm not even sure why I'm arguing about this, clearly the band agrees with me, hence adding the GA pit to see some different faces up front.
    malarky

did you see me? i saw you.
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    Noload said:

Those GA shows can be dangerous... Just mix it up here in the good ole US and have some GA like now and some Floor Reserved like before.

Oh please, it's not the 90's anymore. Whole floor GA works out just nicely. If you don't wanna be where the action is (which is not as much in America anyways), you just go a little farther back. And you can have just as much fun, being together with friends.

• Pottsy199Pottsy199 Posts: 138
    By having a 10C membership you get 2 opportunities to buy tickets (10C & Public). Win or lose you still have the better odds than a non-member. I understand getting shut out sucks but you can still go to the show.

If you are a longtime member (like I am) you still get the most cherry seats in the house based on your number in reserved. If you don't like reserved and only want GA that's your prerogative but you're getting the chance to get those with a 10C membership which others aren't.

The lottery is here and it's going to stay here for the foreseeable future. It's time to quit viewing being in the 10C (and being a longtime member) as being entitled to great seats. Realize that it entitles you to get a crack at great seats each tour before the mass public does. If you look at it for what it is, not what it was...you'll see the benefit still shines through.
  • GmoneyGmoney Posts: 1,618
    RiotZact said:

Gmoney said:

Yes my young brother Riotzact, it means nothing. Im very happy that you have a chance to see PJ, as I am envious of your youth. You new and young members should have an opportunity to see pj and get TC tix. But put yourself in my shoes, and the many others like myself. We have been paying fee's to the TC for over 20 years, do you not think that we should be entitled to something??? Maybe we get first chance at 1 show we select or just SOMETHING! This system was always based on seniority. If you had a low number you were pretty much promised good seats to the show you wanted to attend. That concept has been tossed out of the window. Im not going to have better seats than you bc I lost at all attempts to get tix... I joined the TC maybe before you were even born, is that your fault, no. Am I a superior fan than you, no. But I can confidently say that today, in 2014, seniority means NOTHING.

Further back and forth a wave will break on me, today...
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    quimby20 said:

callen said:

RiotZact said:

Gmoney said:

Or an entitled long time FAN CLUB (stressing fan club) member. Again as you so eloquently stated life is not fair
    So the younger fans will have access to the front row when the Holograms of PJ play the iTunes Gargantous Enormo Dome in New York City in 2045. Seems fair to me. Or they can create time machines and see Ed and the Boys in the early 90's!!!!
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,203

RiotZact said:

callen said:

RiotZact said:

Gmoney said:

malarky

How so? If it werent the case then why wouldn't they give the GA tix to the longest running members that entered the lottery for each particular show?
  • pjtourpjtour Posts: 83
    I love all of the new fans, etc. but the new lottery system can be a bit frustrating. I just want a ticket to the show and will try through Ticketmaster. I have had great seats and I have had bad seats. Hell, last tour I sat behind the stage in Dallas just to be in the building and loved the show.

The salt in the wound is the hundreds of tickets already on Stubhub.

I just miss being able to make a request for a show and know that I could get a ticket...not GA, not 'the best reserved seat'...just a ticket to the show.
    I'll ride the wave, where it takes me...
  • NoloadNoload Monticello, Georgia Posts: 1,630

Noload said:

Those GA shows can be dangerous... Just mix it up here in the good ole US and have some GA like now and some Floor Reserved like before.

Oh please, it's not the 90's anymore. Whole floor GA works out just nicely. If you don't wanna be where the action is (which is not as much in America anyways), you just go a little farther back. And you can have just as much fun, being together with friends.

Thought that song about dangers of GA was from the 2000s. At some point PJ stopped doing GA
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • madseamadsea Posts: 140
    I am a 167xxx...I was shut out of PJ20, so I went to Toronto. I missed out on EV shows and went to Ticketmaster. I was lucky and won Wrigley. I got lucky and got MKE and STP this time around. I expect there will be a tour/show in the future where my luck will be more like PJ20. It happens. Fans will find a way to get in the building, whether fan club tickets or not. I appreciate the Club for giving us the chance to get great seats.
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    Noload said:

Noload said:

Thought that song about dangers of GA was from the 2000s. At some point PJ stopped doing GA
    I see what you are referring to, but all the shows in Europe have a GA floor...

• lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175
    Long time member here... 57xxx. I lost both choices yesterday. Cincy Reserved and GA... in hindsight, i probably should've put 1st priority for GA. I am sad about it but i understand that this def levels the playing field. The odds thing also made it easier to swallow. I knew I had very little chance of winning anything.

As for seniority. I would like if they went to a weighted entry for older members... like someone said before- maybe for reserved only or for certain shows multiple nights.

Understand, I am not mad, just disappointed. Gonna still hit up TicketBastard tommorrow and try like hell to score some decent seats. I have been spoiled i admit. Times change and this will be the first time ever that i haven't gotten tickets thru 10 club.

here's to new experiences \:D/

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    pjtour said:

I love all of the new fans, etc. but the new lottery system can be a bit frustrating. I just want a ticket to the show and will try through Ticketmaster. I have had great seats and I have had bad seats. Hell, last tour I sat behind the stage in Dallas just to be in the building and loved the show.

The salt in the wound is the hundreds of tickets already on Stubhub.

I just miss being able to make a request for a show and know that I could get a ticket...not GA, not 'the best reserved seat'...just a ticket to the show.

I like what you said....
  • nevmilesnevmiles Ottawa, ON Posts: 1,363
    Gmoney said:

Seniority means nothing now a days...

Wrong. Of course it still means something. You will get the best reserved seats available if you have a low number. If your number is, say, 100,000, you will have much better reserved seats than my 345,xxx. I would probably be on the floor behind the pit, which I would not like. So your seniority would mean something, my friend.

It has never GUARANTEED tickets . . . only that you'd have close seats should you get tickets.
    Barrie 08/22/98
    Montreal 10/04/00
    Toronto 10/05/00
    Toronto 06/28/03
    Kitchener 09/11/05
    Ottawa 09/16/05
    Toronto 08/21/09
    Toronto 09/11/11
    Ottawa 09/14/11
    Buffalo 10/12/13
    Ottawa 05/08/16
    Chicago 08/20/18
    Ottawa 09/03/22
    Nashville 09/16/22
  • aumfcaumfc Posts: 85
    The solution is pretty simple, in my opinion.

The lower your number, the greater your odds of winning the lottery. Even if it was just something like, lower half gets 2 entries and upper half gets 1, but you could do it like the NBA and make it more weighted than that. It wouldn't be hard to implement at all. I do think you should have greater odds based on seniority/loyalty to the band.

This would not be difficult, and again, everyone has a chance (lottery) but seniory gets you something. What would be the problem with doing this?

You could do the same thing with location. If you live within 50 miles of the place, throw another entry in for that show and double that person's odds. Technology and all the information is there.

Another great addition would be a small lottery to get early access to the GA area. Just pick 20 random members that won GA tickets to go in 20 minutes early. Doesn't cost anyone anything and is a cool perk.
  • GmoneyGmoney Posts: 1,618
    nevmiles said:

Gmoney said:

Seniority means nothing now a days...

Wrong. Of course it still means something. You will get the best reserved seats available if you have a low number. If your number is, say, 100,000, you will have much better reserved seats than my 345,xxx. I would probably be on the floor behind the pit, which I would not like. So your seniority would mean something, my friend.

It has never GUARANTEED tickets . . . only that you'd have close seats should you get tickets.
    IF it meant something, anything, I would be in ONE of the buildings I went for...
    Further back and forth a wave will break on me, today...
  • texasistheSTEVENtexasistheSTEVEN Posts: 1,106
    I've been a fan since 91 but only joined 10c in 2009.
    I've been shut out of the last two lotteries, US 2013 and Europe 2014. Guess what, I worked hard and got tickets for both and didn't cry about it.

They can't please everyone and you are entitled to NOTHING just because you had it in the past. Times change, bands change how they do things, Be thankful for what you have and not what you don't have, which is a ticket to a stupid rock concert to see a band you've probably seen 20 times already.

General sale is Friday, then you can try and get spares from people on the board or suck it up and pay a little more on stubhub.

Either way I know if I wanted to come to the states for these shows I would find a way to get tickets and make it happen rather than expecting the world to owe me something.
    Sealed vinyl is bad vinyl.
    1996 Wmbly London
    2006 Jools Holland, London / Reading festival
    2007 Wmbly London
    2009 SBE London / O2 London
    2012 MEN 1/ MEN 2 / Berlin 1 / Berlin 2 / EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2013 NY 1/ NY 2 / Philly 1 / Philly 2
    2014 AMS 1 / AMS 2 / Leeds / MK
    2017 EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2018 LDN 1 / BCN / LDN 2
    2022 LDN 1 / LDN 2
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    Seniority doesn't Guarantee you a Ticket you still have to have one First...Then it just Determines how close to the Front you sat...In 2009 Perth with the GA I still managed to get about Three Rows back from the front.
  • quimby20quimby20 Posts: 823
    You could do GA the way Springsteen does. Sell the entire floor GA's. Hand out number/wristbands between 2 and 5. Draw a number and allow say 400 people in the pit. Entry is determained on the number drawn. Two GA's for Springsteen this last tour, I ended up in the pit once. Disappointment when you don't win but always someone is happy.
  • swtlewswtlew Posts: 71
    Old time member here (#140xxx) VERY GRATEFUL for the opportunity to purchase tix through the 10C! I have been shut out recently which was a drag including originally for Wrigley but won on the 2nd chance drawing. I don't really buy the argument that we old-timers are that special because of our "loyalty/investments". In the early days membership was only $5! Think about it:

I have probably only paid about $200 over 20 years in membership dues. PJ still only charges $75 for the best seats in the house. And it used to only be about $35! And THE POLICE get $250 a pop for Wrigley field seats! And have you seen Stones/Fleetwood Mac/Genesis ticket prices??? Ridiculous! Do the math.

If they need/want to tweak the system to take care of ALL fans, I have no problem with it. PJ is still the best band in the world with the best fans in the world!
    I want to rock and roll all night, and part of every day. - M. McCready
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,141
    aumfc said:

The lower your number, the greater your odds of winning the lottery. Even if it was just something like, lower half gets 2 entries and upper half gets 1, but you could do it like the NBA and make it more weighted than that. It wouldn't be hard to implement at all. I do think you should have greater odds based on seniority/loyalty to the band.

This would not be difficult, and again, everyone has a chance (lottery) but seniory gets you something. What would be the problem with doing this?

You could do the same thing with location. If you live within 50 miles of the place, throw another entry in for that show and double that person's odds. Technology and all the information is there.

Another great addition would be a small lottery to get early access to the GA area. Just pick 20 random members that won GA tickets to go in 20 minutes early. Doesn't cost anyone anything and is a cool perk.

We paid memenrship per year..for 2014 i paid same momey as everybody else..i want the same chances as.everyone to score tix...
    after i score put me in the back of all member join before me....no pro
    As for live in thw 50 miles area from the venue..then refund me for all the years they never played near my hometown..closest was 350 miles and only once in 23 years at my country..this whole points doesnt make sence
    they have so any thousand of fans worldwide..cant make 50 different categories of fans..pj is huge name worldwide and they will stay that way and will make calls thinking worldwide and not for specific fans
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • groovemegrooveme Posts: 353
    I don't really understand why "senior" members complain that they paid dues for 20 years and they expect not only better seating but guaranteed tickets before newer members get them.

The way I see it, as a long term fan but newer fan club member, those folks enjoyed the benefits of their membership for 15-20 years every year there was a tour. Many act as though they got no benefits for all those dues . And why would anyone join 10c now if the only real benefits are not available to them?
  • aumfcaumfc Posts: 85

aumfc said:

We paid memenrship per year..for 2014 i paid same momey as everybody else..i want the same chances as.everyone to score tix...
    after i score put me in the back of all member join before me....no pro
    As for live in thw 50 miles area from the venue..then refund me for all the years they never played near my hometown..closest was 350 miles and only once in 23 years at my country..this whole points doesnt make sence
    they have so any thousand of fans worldwide..cant make 50 different categories of fans..pj is huge name worldwide and they will stay that way and will make calls thinking worldwide and not for specific fans
    They have played within 50 miles of where I live twice in over 20 years, but I still think if you live closer you should have a better chance of scoring tickets. I also still think if you've been in the club longer you should have a better chance of getting tickets. It's not like the new members or members that live farther away won't have a chance to get tickets. I just think there should be a benefit for living closer or joining sooner and sticking with the band.

If they do add greater chances, I'd say limit the shows again to one or two.

First they limited the shows so people wouldn't get the best tickets at every show. Then they did away with that and now we have the lottery. You could easily combine the two to get closer to making as many people happy as possible. You will never make everyone happy, but I'm sorry, if I've stuck with the band through almost 20 years of ups and downs, I should get a little something for my loyalty. And, I shouldn't get completely shutout on tickets through the 10c. All the newer members forget, if it weren't for all the older members that didn't jump ship in the late 90's/early 00's, there would be no 10c.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,527
    edited May 2014

Member # 27xxx here i'm not leaving 10C , i have way more important things in my life to worry about & getting my front row seats to a concert is not one of'em any more .....

U are an inspiration to our club..amd not cos of your number..but for theway u deal with life
    Don't confuse this board with real life. Some may be pissed that seniority doesn't matter much any more and that they lost out on tickets, and this board is here to comment on it. I think seniority should matter and will state my opinion on here, but that doesn't mean this is the most important thing in the world to me and others and our priorities are messed up. If this board didn't exist we wouldn't debate it with our friends and family, but the board does and we do.
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • quimby20quimby20 Posts: 823
    Springsteen fans seem to make it work and this is without a fan club.