Options

PJ20 BB on ebay

2»

Comments

• Options
    jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    http://expressobeans.com/members/detail.php/144239/history Shows up on ebeans. If you click on the link it takes you there.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options

Is it possible they bid it up and then ended it early so they wouldn't have to pay fees? What a scam.

I watched it end and It shows up on the ebeans list. Not sure why you both find it hard to believe? If a rare print goes up for auction it'll sell period.

Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,881
    Yeah, these days rare means valuable. I wouldn't pay $90 for that poster, let alone $900, but that's just my taste.

I just framed and put up this poster because I love the artwork. So little demand that you can still buy the A/P for $50 on the artist's website:

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,293

http://expressobeans.com/members/detail.php/144239/history Shows up on ebeans. If you click on the link it takes you there.

I think anyone can add a past sale to ebeans (at any price). The sales history is just maintained by members (I believe).

I am not disputing that a rare print sold - The billboard print is rare and expensive. I am just saying that there are a lot of red flags about this listing and sale.
    - Why did the price jump more than $200 in a couple months?
    - Who pays almost $900 for an item from someone with no recent sales history.
    - Who pays $900 for a poster that has been stored in a tube for more than 2 years?
    - Why does the listing no longer show up in ebay searches?

I am willing to bet that if I listed a billboard on ebay today, I would not get even close to $860 for it.

• Options
    JexJex Posts: 283
    Guys it went through to the end. I still have it in my watch list. Also as far as bidding it up, there were a total of 5 different people who bid on it after it passed $550. So it's possible but don't think so. Just encase someone was wondering the seller had 25 pass sales, all listed as positive.
    "Mine is mine and yours won't take its place.."
    1.Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin 09-03-2011 / 2.Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin 09-04-2011 / 3.Wrigley Field Chicago, IL 07-19-2013 / 4.iWireless Center Moline, IL 10-17-2014 / 5.Bradley Center Milwaukee, WI 10-20-2014 / 6.Wrigley Field Chicago, IL 08-20-2016 / 7.Wrigley Field Chicago, IL 08-22-2016 / 8.Wrigley Field Chicago, IL 08-18-2018 / 9.Wrigley Field Chicago, IL 08-20-2018
  • Options
    GratefulJamGratefulJam Posts: 1,782
    all this info is great, I own one of these prints so i am glad its moving higher but

Caveat Emptor when dealing with Ebay while your money and goods might be safe the amount of nonsesne that goes into the bidding process is nothing short of self dealing and "painting the tape"
    "thru extensive negotiations we managed to get the curfew moved back..... we still don't have any time to fu&k around...."

LA II 06, SB 06, SF III 06, Kokua 07 Ed and Jack, Grant Park 07, EV Berk1 & LA 1 (nice job 10c), 08 DC, MSG1 &2, VH1 rocks, EV Bos II, EV NYC I & II, Milwaukee, EV Maui, EV Hono I & II, Chicago 09 I & II, LA 09 I & II & IV, SD 09 (my girlfriend hit the lottery, best concert of my life 10C rocks)KC 2010, STL 2010, Hartford. Boston, and MSG I & II "who goes around skinning cats anyway", PJ 20 2011 , Portland, Spokane, Seattle LA 2013, Home Shows + Missoula (fatal 👌)
  • Options
    PJ-Cubs said:

I think anyone can add a past sale to ebeans (at any price). The sales history is just maintained by members (I believe).

I am not disputing that a rare print sold - The billboard print is rare and expensive. I am just saying that there are a lot of red flags about this listing and sale.
    - Who pays $900 for a poster that has been stored in a tube for more than 2 years?

I am willing to bet that if I listed a billboard on ebay today, I would not get even close to $860 for it.

It's there with ebays link. It clearly shows the sale is still there. Not sure why you can't see it. It's clearly visible,maybe your computer is broken? It jumped up because it's the 1st one sold on ebay since last year. Rare print that never comes up for sale= big payday. Flattening out a print isn't very hard and when framed you could never tell. Sale was legit imo and is also in my saved watch area on ebay.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,881
    jamminpearls, are you looking for one?

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options

jamminpearls, are you looking for one?

No,I thankfully scored one in the original sale.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options

PJ-Cubs said:

It's there with ebays link. It clearly shows the sale is still there. Not sure why you can't see it. It's clearly visible,maybe your computer is broken? It jumped up because it's the 1st one sold on ebay since last year. Rare print that never comes up for sale= big payday. Flattening out a print isn't very hard and when framed you could never tell. Sale was legit imo and is also in my saved watch area on ebay.
    My computer works fine. The listing may exist if you have it on your ebay watch list or if you saved the page but if you do a NEW SEARCH for the listing under "completed sales" or "sold", it does not come up for me.
  • Options
    photogirllizphotogirlliz Posts: 2,491
    It still shows up when I search for it as well. Under advanced search, check sold listings and search for pearl jam billboard. I think it is a crazy price for the record, but I believe it could go for that given the right people. Who knows what communication the bidders had with seller behind the scene.

This year alone (that I know of), we have had 5 of them sell for 1. $550 (here on forum), 2. $495 (listed Ebeans), 3. $625 (Ebeans), 4.$655 (Ebeans), and 5. This Ebay auction at $862. The $862 definitely stands out as high, but I don't think it can just be ignored and assumed as fake.

I wonder how many more of these are out there to be sold? How many of these prints are on people's walls at their house?
    "I am myself...like you, somehow."
  • Options
    PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049
    Why is everyone so skeptical around here? Its not inconceivable that a new ebay member bought it.
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
  • Options
    PSUS2H said:

Why is everyone so skeptical around here? Its not inconceivable that a new ebay member bought it.

You are right. It is not inconceivable that a new ebay member bought it. Maybe someone who is not familiar with recent pricing trends on the poster. Maybe someone who has lots of cash to spend.

But it is also not inconceivable that there is more to this auction than just a really high selling price. The red flags are there.

Nothing wrong with being skeptical when spending more than $800.
  • Options
    PJ-Cubs said:

PSUS2H said:

You are right. It is not inconceivable that a new ebay member bought it. Maybe someone who is not familiar with recent pricing trends on the poster. Maybe someone who has lots of cash to spend.

But it is also not inconceivable that there is more to this auction than just a really high selling price. The red flags are there.

Nothing wrong with being skeptical when spending more than $800.
    </blockquote

Or how about a person who has been chasing the print for years? Maybe the winner said screw it I want the print and that's that. There's numerous PJ prints that go for that much. Hell there was another 2-3 bidders who would have spent over 700 for it. This was the first ebay PJ20 BB listing in over a year. I'd bet money that this print will surpass the 1k mark down the line. I was at PJ20 and watched the BB being made. If I hadn't scored it in the sale I would have paid market value for it.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    JB23237JB23237 Posts: 1,373
    edited April 2014
    Crazy
    Post edited by JB23237 on
    Alpine Valley East Troy WI 1998...United Center Chicago IL1998...All State Arena Rosemont IL 2000 (anybody have a spare poster)
    United Center Chicago IL 2003...Alpine Valley East Troy WI 2003...Toledo OH 2004...Marcus Amphitheater Milwaukee WI 2006
    United Center Chicago IL Nite 1 2008...United Center Chicago IL Nite 2 2008...United Center Chicago IL Nite 1 2009
    PJ20 East Troy WI Nite 1 2011...PJ20 East Troy WI Nite 2 2011...Wrigley Field Chicago IL 2013...iWireless Center Moline IL 2014
    Bradley Center Milwaukee WI 2014...EV Auditorium Theatre Chicago IL Nite 1 2008...EV Chicago Theatre Chicago IL Nite 1 2011
    EV w/ PT celebrating the Who Rosemont Theatre Rosemont IL 2015
  • Options
    JB23237JB23237 Posts: 1,373
    It's a great poster but I don't know how someone could blow almost 900 dollars on one.....to each there own I guess
    Alpine Valley East Troy WI 1998...United Center Chicago IL1998...All State Arena Rosemont IL 2000 (anybody have a spare poster)
    United Center Chicago IL 2003...Alpine Valley East Troy WI 2003...Toledo OH 2004...Marcus Amphitheater Milwaukee WI 2006
    United Center Chicago IL Nite 1 2008...United Center Chicago IL Nite 2 2008...United Center Chicago IL Nite 1 2009
    PJ20 East Troy WI Nite 1 2011...PJ20 East Troy WI Nite 2 2011...Wrigley Field Chicago IL 2013...iWireless Center Moline IL 2014
    Bradley Center Milwaukee WI 2014...EV Auditorium Theatre Chicago IL Nite 1 2008...EV Chicago Theatre Chicago IL Nite 1 2011
    EV w/ PT celebrating the Who Rosemont Theatre Rosemont IL 2015