Why can't I ever get ANY of the limited edition Vinyl?? ... It's killing me!!

...JUST LET ME GET SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was like 15 minutes after it went on sale, and it was sold out....

"Out of my mind....All of the time..."

My Show Attendance List-

7/11/95 Soldier Field, Chicago IL.
6/26/98 Alpine Valley, East Troy, WI
10/8/00 Alpine Valley, East Troy, WI "Ice Bowl"
6/21/03 Alpine Valley, East Troy, WI
9/3/11 Alpine Valley, East Troy, WI PJ20
7/19/13 Wrigley Field, Chicago, IL
10/12/13 First Niagara Center, Buffalo, NY
10/17/14 Iwireless Center-No Code Moline, Moline, IL
10/19/14 Excel Energy Center, St. Paul, MN

Comments

• ...JUST LET ME GET SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was like 15 minutes after it went on sale, and it was sold out....

My Show Attendance List-

• PixelPixel Posts: 82
    I am really annoyed by the fact that these things aren't timed, it just isn't fair to the fans, some of us don't live in the same timezone, as soon as i woke up everything was sold out.. really really really annoying..
  • I don't want to be selfish or complain, but I am 40 years old, have been a crazy fan since I was a senior in high school - 1991 - and I have never gotten lucky... Not once..... With anything -- tickets, vinyl.....

My Show Attendance List-

• adusickadusick Posts: 1,367
    Is this literally KILLING you? There are people in the world who face the real danger of being killed every day, or not getting enough food or water, who do not have a home to live in, and so on.

The day you missed out on getting a record is killing you. Mind you, the record has no new songs on it, and is easily available elsewhere, just on a different colored piece of wax.

I'm sorry to come off as a dick, but this problem of yours seems insignificant when you add a little perspective. I'm sure you're a good person and it was a harmless post. Life will go on.
  • lighten up dude. It's a figure of speach

My Show Attendance List-

edited April 2014
    I guess AduSick has never complained about anything in his life, because in africa people dont have food etc, than you are not allowed to complain, take a chill pill man.. jeez..
  • No shit.... Funny, I've been on this Forum everyday for the last 15 or so years. NEVER Posted... I just read, chuckle, and get info.... The one time I post something, and it's met with criticism. WHICH IS EXACTLY WHY I NEVER POSTED ON HERE BEFORE. (Well actually I have, but it's probably been 10 years)

My Show Attendance List-

• buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Sorry Pixel and Stones. You're right, I have complained about plenty of things before in my life. I apologize for the criticism, I was just honestly sick of the complaining and negativity on this board, exactly why you've probably hesitated to post previously. Don't let my comments stop you from contributing to the forum, I honestly am sorry and just needed to vent, I hope no offense was taken.
  • That's awesome buck502000

My Show Attendance List-

• It's all good adusick.... I'm a pretty laid back dude.... I actually didn't mean to come off as complaining... It was more of kind of a laugh... Trust me.... I don't live and die over whether I get lucky with some vinyl... you have my repect

My Show Attendance List-

• i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    adusick said:

Sorry Pixel and Stones. You're right, I have complained about plenty of things before in my life. I apologize for the criticism, I was just honestly sick of the complaining and negativity on this board, exactly why you've probably hesitated to post previously. Don't let my comments stop you from contributing to the forum, I honestly am sorry and just needed to vent, I hope no offense was taken.

I think they Need a Hug :P lol
  • I love Hugs

My Show Attendance List-

I think anyone that wants to should be able to voice their concerns, explain how they feel about something. It seems like society likes to tell us how to feel and what we can and cannot say. I am glad we can do what we like here.
  • It was an April fools joke on fools who've lost there way musically and just come on here to flip shit to "the brotherhood"
    I never flinched on the cash grab. You missed "no" music, not to mention, colored vinyl is far inferior to black.

...JUST LET ME GET SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was like 15 minutes after it went on sale, and it was sold out....

IT'S EVOLUTION BABY!!!!!
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,211
    Im not criticizing, but I am always surprised that people really want this stuff this bad. I get it that some like to collect every single thing they come out with. I kinda get it. But this record has nothing new from what I understand. Just ask yourself if you REALLY need it. You buy it, and it sits on a shelf next to the other TEN vinyl that is a different color. I say be glad you didnt blow $40. haha
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    edited April 2014
    Ok dudes, I've had my morning coffee, I took off my crabby pants, and I've lightened up a bit :)
    I agree with everyone above! That was an awesome video, I'm glad we have the forum to speak our minds, and hugs all around! Have an awesome day everyone.

Oh, and can i just add that I think you have the best signature gif buck502000?? I find myself watching it over and over. Everyone, even Eddie, needs to be humbled every once in a while :)
    Post edited by adusick on
    Thanks for liking my gif, it is rather mesmerising. It's good to see our hero is a human being too. I am glad he didn't get hurt.
  • I was there and saw him fall, and I was also very glad he didn't get hurt. I turned to my husband and said, "Oh no, Eddie fell!"
    And my husband had missed the whole thing.
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • oysterjaroysterjar NH Posts: 1,235
    I just happened to be on the site when I saw the thread by Santos for this record. I quickly read and clicked into the shop and bought, luck of the draw. If I hadn't and would have felt left out and been a little pissed. I really hope that there are a lot of these left at Newbury Comics for RSD for those that missed it. With all the people upset they missed it I wish that I had bought 5 or more and sold them here for the $29.99 for those who were left out. Sorry you missed it bro but lets start working on 10C to release the rest of the catalogue on vinyl of any color.

Wind this thing up.

• Colored vinyl is for noobs. Its far inferior in sound, which is why you buy vinyl. No one displays colored vinyl (it would warp), so what are the point to these colored vinyl reissues? Nothing. Cash grab. Unless you just like to hoard stuff so you can brag to online acquantences that will never see them. Jm2c
    IT'S EVOLUTION BABY!!!!!
  • oysterjaroysterjar NH Posts: 1,235

Colored vinyl is for noobs. Its far inferior in sound, which is why you buy vinyl. No one displays colored vinyl (it would warp), so what are the point to these colored vinyl reissues? Nothing. Cash grab. Unless you just like to hoard stuff so you can brag to online acquantences that will never see them. Jm2c

Based off some others peoples math, PJ would receive around 3k each. Newbury might have made a little more and been more profitable to them. I don't see it as a cash grab if anything it was just a cool thing to give out.

Wind this thing up.

• silvosilvo Posts: 283
    I'm not going to moan about missing out on one of these as I have been lucky enough to score some of the recent ltd vinyl that popped up, white backspacer and sevens in particular.....sometimes it is just down to timing I guess. The real sh#tter about these things though is the fact you can look on ebay straight away and see them at 5x the price. I get people buying them to trade for things they may want more, I guess that's the excitement of being part of that market......but those who buy just to sell on make it more frustrating for those of us who would actually 'want' it. Unfortunately this is the state of things now and we have to live with it and hope we get lucky every now and again. I agree that timed sales should be something 10C look at, at least if you lose out in one of those you know you had an equal chance at trying for it. Just my two penneth :-)
  • callencallen Posts: 6,388
    It's just stuff. And stuff with no useful purpose.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,833

Colored vinyl is for noobs. Its far inferior in sound, which is why you buy vinyl. No one displays colored vinyl (it would warp), so what are the point to these colored vinyl reissues? Nothing. Cash grab. Unless you just like to hoard stuff so you can brag to online acquantences that will never see them. Jm2c

I have plenty of great sounding coloured vinyl.

• callen said:

It's just stuff. And stuff with no useful purpose.

IT'S EVOLUTION BABY!!!!!
    Well i read everything, want to say a few myself:
    1. awesome people, i loved how everybody apologized to one another, thank you! no harm done, this is why this is a forum, even if somebody gets pissed on somebody else its good that we can all talk sensibly in the end, that is what matters
    2. I am not that pissed or angry, it's just a big big bummer that's all, it isn't the first time the fans WORLDWIDE aren't being considered, again not the same timezones PJ! it is just ins't fair to most of the 10c members, why should a certain group of people usually enjoy the privilege of able to catching it in time, instead of giving us an alert ahead of time, even if its 4AM at fans' countries, they will be up if they want to try and grab it!!
    3. the price of this is also very cheap compared to other PJ merchandise especially of this sort, 30$?! would have expected them to put it at a minimum of 50$-60$
    4. i am not a hoarder nor a collector, i just love to buy stuff from the band which i think are nice, if the poster would suck to the show i go, i wouldn't take it etc.. i just love the fact the vinyl is transperent and it is of the album ten, i dont mind that there is no new content, this is actually kind of hoarding or collecting.
    ten is a brilliant record, one of the best that came out, it is very complete in my honest opinion and i dont think i would even listen to the vinyl, i want to hang it..
    5. EDs fall was quick lol, pretty weird seeing it i dont know why :)
    6. the kid in the video annoyed me after 20seconds..
    edited April 2014
    silvo said:

I'm not going to moan about missing out on one of these as I have been lucky enough to score some of the recent ltd vinyl that popped up, white backspacer and sevens in particular.....sometimes it is just down to timing I guess. The real sh#tter about these things though is the fact you can look on ebay straight away and see them at 5x the price. I get people buying them to trade for things they may want more, I guess that's the excitement of being part of that market......but those who buy just to sell on make it more frustrating for those of us who would actually 'want' it. Unfortunately this is the state of things now and we have to live with it and hope we get lucky every now and again. I agree that timed sales should be something 10C look at, at least if you lose out in one of those you know you had an equal chance at trying for it. Just my two penneth :-)

I dont get why 10c dont have some sort of reporting mechanism to take these ebay auctions off.. if somebody sends them the link it's not that hard, if they classify it as not allowed to be resold or something i kinda think ebay must adhere's to these requests by law, F* it, not even that complicated! ebay takes down stuff from world of warcraft characters to fake houses (i dunno what:P) ask for their ip address and cross it with the ip address that members logged in from (they have this info already if they want) and ban it.. there are so many technological ways to fight this..
  • SpokenSpoken Posts: 1,440
    I have a bunch of colored vinyl and it can sound just as awesome as reg black vinyl....
  • Greatplainsman...Greatplainsman... Posts: 839
    edited April 2014
    Spoken said:

I have a bunch of colored vinyl and it can sound just as awesome as reg black vinyl....

"can" that's cool but this is pretty much common knowledge. Just trying to take the sting away from people whom think they missed out on the next Benny (Which is way overrated) imo
    IT'S EVOLUTION BABY!!!!!