Options

Hooked on Lightning Bolt

2»

Comments

• Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Infallible is one of the best on the album. New territory for them on that one.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options

I'll give you LTRP and SBM but MFS and Infallible are are awesome tunes! With all do respect, you are missing the boat here my friend.

Infallible is a washroom break song.
  • Options
    wvueers1wvueers1 Phoenix, AZ Posts: 61

If it wasn't for Sirens and Let The Records Play I would rate it a bit higher but I just don't play them so no problem. I think minus those songs if Future Days took Sirens spot in 4th place and SBM was last it would be perfect. Cold Confession would make it even better. I think Lightning Bolt partners Backspacer brilliantly and they both give me more appreciation for each album. I have no fear about what the next album will sound like as they are progressing nicely into maturity. The kind of songs some people are wishing they would still write wouldn't suit them now and you can't force that kind of thing. Why complain though, Getaway, Mind Your Manners, My Father's Son, Lightning Bolt, Infallible, Pendulum, Swallowed Whole and Yellow Moon are absolute gems. Future Days and Sleeping By Myself are good enough to be just better than filler. I will never get Sirens or Let The Records Play but I can live with that.

Agree with this. I have tried to get into Sirens and LTRP but it ain't happening for me.

I was cranking MYM a few times the other day (Self realized and metaphysically redeemed, my not get another life, may not solve a mystery right now, around the corner could be bigger than ourselves we could will it to the sky or we could something else)

Getaway rocks also

Infallible and Pendulum are fantastic

Swallowed Whole always grabs me.

Love Future Days and Yellow Moon

Father's Son has a unique hook and is tight.

LB is a good rocker and good live.

Digging the new album but I simply can't get into Sirens and LTRP.
    Fan since the beginning, but 1st PJ concert ever -- Phoenix, AZ 11-19-13

Love boat captain
    Take the reigns,.. steer us towards the clear.

M.Y.T.H. is
    Belief in the game controls that keeps us in a box of fear

tumblr_mtr7i1ZXuo1r0d33so1_400.gif
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141
    The 13' tour will go down as one of the best ever. Such a great record & the guys just flat out fucking bring it 20+ years later. How lucky are we!?
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560

The 13' tour will go down as one of the best ever. Such a great record & the guys just flat out fucking bring it 20+ years later. How lucky are we!?

Well said!
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    TheseGoToElevenTheseGoToEleven Charlotte, NC Posts: 106

Hear Hear! These guys changed my world on August 27th, 1991, and the fact that they still have such a huge impact on me now almost 22 years later is hard to comprehend. THRILLED this album came out so well.
    [i]Well, it's one louder, isn't it? It's not ten. You see, most blokes, you know, will be playing at ten. You're on ten here, all the way up, all the way up, all the way up, you're on ten on your guitar. Where can you go from there? Where?[/i]
  • Options
    veddertownveddertown Scotland Posts: 5,260
    The whole segment between Ed's third lightning boooolt and the start of the second verse is one of my favourite things PJ have done in a while. It's hard to not want to bounce around or pick up the air guitar to this!
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,946
    hrd2imgn said:

I like it better than Yield, no filler like red dot

Sleeping by myself is filler. Future Days a misfire.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141

hrd2imgn said:

I like it better than Yield, no filler like red dot

Sleeping by myself is filler. Future Days a misfire.
    Nice album review. [-(
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    grazmangrazman Posts: 198
    After 5 months of listening I'm still enjoying it. Sirens is still in top spot, love MYM and Getaway, the song Lightning Bolt has really really grown on me, Infallible although a good tune still isn't grabbing me, and apart from Yellow Moon everything after Pendulum is filler for me. Swallowed Whole, SMB and Future Days sounds like they belong on an Ed solo album not a PJ record, and as for Let The Records Play.... I have really really tried but I just can't get into it, it sits alongside Parachutes as my least favourite PJ songs.

I would have preferred abit more darker experimental songs for the latter part of the album and to my ears sounds too radio friendly and safe and predictable, bit Backspacerish and abit too slow and easy listening. Still great tho and can't wait to see them this summer.
    It's Evolution, Baby!