ITW in the UK - Did anyone else get the free gift?

Fender_ManFender_Man Posts: 408
edited January 2008 in The Porch
Got my Into the Wild LP from Aural Exploits today, very pleased.
Did anyone else receive the the bonus Helen Stellar 7" vinyl? Limited edition (300 only) pressed on clear blue vinyl, there's a note inside saying "a gift from your friends at Vinyl Films Records, taken from the 2 LP set A Prayer To Myself". I won't get a chance to spin this for a few days, so has anyone played it and is it any good?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    Fender_Man wrote:
    Got my Into the Wild LP from Aural Exploits today, very pleased.
    Did anyone else receive the the bonus Helen Stellar 7" vinyl? Limited edition (300 only) pressed on clear blue vinyl, there's a note inside saying "a gift from your friends at Vinyl Films Records, taken from the 2 LP set A Prayer To Myself". I won't get a chance to spin this for a few days, so has anyone played it and is it any good?

Yes, but mine is white vinyl and says it is the ..

"EXTREMELY rare mislabeled white vinyl!! Side A is side B and side B is side A!" Or something to that effect.
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Riot_MacRiot_Mac Posts: 473
    I got it too.
    "hear my name, take a good look, this could be the day."
  • jwillmojwillmo Posts: 470
    My question is, was I the only one who saw it and said, "Those motherfuckers! THIS is the bonus 7 IN!" only to find the No War 7 IN inside the LP sleeve. I felt kinda stupid after that little outburst.
  • KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,086
    I got that as well and it is numbered 158/300..... odd..... is it flip-able? ;)
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **
    KDH12 wrote:
    I got that as well and it is numbered 158/300..... odd..... is it flip-able? ;)

What color is yours and what did the note say?

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
    What color is yours and what did the note say?

mine is the helen stellar rare mis-labelled pressing side a is side b visa versa limited clear blue vinyl edition of 300
    KDH12 wrote:
    mine is the helen stellar rare mis-labelled pressing side a is side b visa versa limited clear blue vinyl edition of 300

Mine says almost the same thing...Says what yours does except is says limited white vinyl edition of 300...The song is "compulsion"...

• you guys must be lucky- mine arrived today from Aural
    no free gift- ah well what the hell!
    cant be a winner everytime
    ;0)
    Some people have to have the sultry evenings Cocktails in the blue, red and grey But I like every minute of the day.
    INTER-FUCKING-MISSION!!!
    Newcastle-Riverside 02/22/92!!!
    E.rutherford New Jersey 01/06/06
    Athens -Greece.survived !barely-
    Wembley 18/06/07- no words- just smiles!
  • more importantly - ItW is in the UK already???

fantastic!
    93: Slane
    96: Cork, Dublin
    00: Dublin
    06: London, Dublin
    07: London, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    09: Manchester, London
    10: Dublin, Belfast, London & Berlin
    11: San José
    12: Isle of Wight, Copenhagen, Ed in Manchester & London x2
    Mine says almost the same thing...Says what yours does except is says limited white vinyl edition of 300...The song is "compulsion"...

yes exactly..... white......blue.....same difference :)
  • PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    picked it up today from the post office (arrived yesterday but I have a tiny letterbox).
    No extra 7".

not expecting 10c ones to arrive for another 2 weeks...despite a higher P&P fee!
  • rjscottrjscott Posts: 19
    I got mine today from AE with the ltd ed. blue vinyl.
    Astoria '06
    Wembley '07
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Is it those that bought in the first sale that got the freebie?
  • redrock wrote:

nope, got mine when they went on resale.
    Astoria '06
    Wembley '07
  • PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    redrock wrote:
    I got mine in the first sale and didn't get the freebie..pot luck it seems (I don't care)
  • Duff_ManDuff_Man Posts: 150
    yeah i got the blue 7" from aural exploits too (ordered mine in the 1st sale) , mine was 296/300

i'll probably give it a spin when i can be arsed to set up my turntable
    We did not change as we grew older; we just became more clearly ourselves.