Avocado...

2»

Comments

• PredakingPredaking Posts: 267
    As much as I enjoy Black live, I wouldn't be upset if it got replaced with Come Back more often.
  • sometimesicringesometimesicringe Vancouver, BC Posts: 85
    edited March 2014
    KC2917 said:

cwar077 said:

One of my absolute favourites and also a key turning point in the evolution of their sound. Marker, unemployable, comotose are all incredible. Plus the album has the best flow from start to finish

Totally agree. It was definitely an album that turned them in another, totally different, direction. And I feel like the 2006 tour for that album was the beginning of a whole new era of live shows. I kind of see it as the album that brought them to full maturity as a band.
    Agree with both comments, except I'd argue the beginning of the modern day live pearl jam was the 2005 tour...between the cross canada and SA shows, they've never been the same!
  • wvueers1wvueers1 Phoenix, AZ Posts: 61
    RobbyD462 said:

Last of the Good albums......lol

I hear where you are coming from for sure. I really like the self titled album. After this one, things have changed a bit, but there is definitely a lot of quality on the last two that I listen to over and over.
    Fan since the beginning, but 1st PJ concert ever -- Phoenix, AZ 11-19-13

Love boat captain
    Take the reigns,.. steer us towards the clear.

M.Y.T.H. is
    Belief in the game controls that keeps us in a box of fear

tumblr_mtr7i1ZXuo1r0d33so1_400.gif
  • Mike D88Mike D88 Tampa Posts: 722
    I'm a sucker for some of the deeper cuts on this album, Army Reserve and Parachutes especially. Yes, Parachutes.
    i-Brzk3Rdjpg
    2008 Tampa - 2013 Buffalo - 2016 Tampa - 2016 Fenway II
    Audioslave 2005 MSG
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,474
    Mike D88 said:

I'm a sucker for some of the deeper cuts on this album, Army Reserve and Parachutes especially. Yes, Parachutes.

:-bd
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • october22october22 Posts: 2,533
    Mike D88 said:

Yes.

Also, what do people have against Marker? I'm honestly curious. It's one of the best on the album.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,474
    october22 said:

Mike D88 said:

Yes.

Also, what do people have against Marker? I'm honestly curious. It's one of the best on the album.
    It's a great song... Do people have something against it? I didn't even know that.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • karmadefectkarmadefect Posts: 806
    edited March 2014
    PJ_Soul said:

october22 said:

Mike D88 said:

Yes.

It's a great song... Do people have something against it? I didn't even know that.
    Yes it surprised me as well. But I have seen negative commands about it quite often.
    It's a specially little tune and apparently an acquired taste. I love it, it's a little bittersweet.

Or did you mean Marker in the sand?
    Post edited by karmadefect on
    It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

2006 Arnhem 2007 Werchter 2009 Rotterdam 2010 Nijmegen 2010 Werchter
    2012 Amsterdam 1 2012 Amsterdam 2 2014 Amsterdam 1 2014 Amsterdam 2
    2014 Berlijn
  • vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,425
    No more upset mornings...No more blah blah evenings...think I'm gonna down a bottle of Xanax. perhaps my least favorite song.
  • Walking tightrope high over moral ground
  • oysterjaroysterjar NH Posts: 1,235
    Definitely my favorite of the last three and I like the other two. It is an album by a band that is comfortable and growing. I just listened to it in its entirety yesterday doing some shit around the house. Great album.

Wind this thing up.

• "I don't want to know your past,
    But together (we?) share the dawn."

@-)

te amo
    First: ATL2 04/03/1994
    Last: SEA2 08/10/2018
    Next: ??
    http://expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=29417
    “I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight” - EV
  • OceansMagnetOceansMagnet Posts: 1,031
    I LOVE Marker and Comatose.. Ed has had a lot of fun with those.. National Prayer Day in Columbus 2010 and dedicating to all the "N"ormans in Salt Lake in 2009.. hee hee!!! =))
  • bellosjambellosjam Posts: 288
    Inside Job is one of my favorite songs of the entire PJ catalogue. On a side note the last time I was in Tower Records on Sunset Blvd was to buy S/T. It closed down soon after. I grew up buying vinyl there, starting with Van Halen and ending with PJ.
  • october22 said:

I love Marker, but i don't think the band ever quite got it to the level it hints at...it's monotone live.

And Ed can't sing it. it's just true.

Great song, really, and some of Ed's very best lyrics in the last ten years, but they can't pull it off.

cheers

• NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    army reserve brings chills everytime... the imagery in the lyrics is amazing.
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,946
    While the lyrics don't really support it, Gone, Life Wasted, and Life Wasted Reprise completely remind of the feeling I had when I left the shitty job I worked between University and when I found a real job. Whenever I hear those songs it takes me back to driving home after the last day I worked there and cranking the shit out of those songs on my car stereo.

I think Avacodo is still my favorite post Yield Album. Life Wasted, Gone, Marker in the Sand, Come Back, Comotose, Inside Job.

• NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    Zod said:

While the lyrics don't really support it, Gone, Life Wasted, and Life Wasted Reprise completely remind of the feeling I had when I left the shitty job I worked between University and when I found a real job. Whenever I hear those songs it takes me back to driving home after the last day I worked there and cranking the shit out of those songs on my car stereo.

I think Avacodo is still my favorite post Yield Album. Life Wasted, Gone, Marker in the Sand, Come Back, Comotose, Inside Job.

Beauty of PJ... always a memory attached to a song.

Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....