Options

Poor Canoeing

JzPJzP Posts: 931
edited April 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aa4fLIS3hvI

Of course I pictured this song to be will some good boating, but it fit so perfect. it's kinda silly, hope it makes you laugh at my high pitch grunts and squeals.
~JzP
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    JzP wrote:

Of course I pictured this song to be will some good boating, but it fit so perfect. it's kinda silly, hope it makes you laugh at my high pitch grunts and squeals.

dude should learn to roll that boat ... :lol:
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    What the hell was that at the end of the video?
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,647
    JzP wrote:

that's called "swimming", not "canoeing".

:lol:
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    :lol: awesome! great action there... forwarded on to your SS ;) I told him to crank it up...
    perfection!
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,774
    It did make me laugh, and I think the music was quite appropriate.

it also gave me a hankering to go canoeing. It's been ages since I've gone canoeing, used to go a few times a year.
  • Options
    mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    that is GREAT
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
  • Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    I hate when you're smoking and that happens
  • Options
    rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    JzP wrote:

the high pitch squeals made it sound as if a baby were "manning" the boat. I was gonna say....it wasn't that bad for a baby

I thought I might be seeing this for the soundtrack ;)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rPME6PcmiQ
  • Options
    I got another one for you all... this is a compilation of my spills over the years, set to "fucking up"... It includes some of the video above.. I just love watching white water carnage videos. Hope you enjoy!
    youtube.com/watch?v=l9xxlX1DVjE

Polaris- yes this year the plan is to learn to roll and prevent all these swims.
    ~JzP
  • Options
    JzP said:

I got another one for you all... this is a compilation of my spills over the years, set to "fucking up"... It includes some of the video above.. I just love watching white water carnage videos. Hope you enjoy!
    youtube.com/watch?v=l9xxlX1DVjE

Polaris- yes this year the plan is to learn to roll and prevent all these swims.

Hey ... it's hard to tell for sure from the video ... and please do not take this the wrong way ... but do you understand whitewater? ... it seems like you are paddling the boat like a raft ... ramming through the sets ... slow is the way to go with ww ... lots of back strokes ... also ... do you have your bracing strokes? ... it seems like a lot of those capsizes could be avoided if you had a brace ...

i apologize if you know all this stuff ... but i remember when i started out doing ww ... i didn't have a good understanding of the fundamentals and just because i made it down a set upright didn't necessarily mean i did it right ...
  • Options
    yeah i know those videos don't show much skills. But yes I know how to brace Low and high sometimes I don't always pull it off. a lot of those clips are me pushing myself which I feel betters my skills. Some of them were earlier in my paddling and yes I didn't know much. But hey that is part of it. To me any time on the water is good time to learn and practice skills. I'm getting better at reading river features as well as putting those paddle strokes into muscle memory.
    Do you open boat yourself?
    ~JzP
  • Options
    JzP said:

yeah i know those videos don't show much skills. But yes I know how to brace Low and high sometimes I don't always pull it off. a lot of those clips are me pushing myself which I feel betters my skills. Some of them were earlier in my paddling and yes I didn't know much. But hey that is part of it. To me any time on the water is good time to learn and practice skills. I'm getting better at reading river features as well as putting those paddle strokes into muscle memory.
    Do you open boat yourself?

i used to do a bit of ww ... kayak and canoe but mainly tandem canoe with and without floatation ... these days i sea kayak more and sometimes i'm out in 5-6 foot swells ... so, it's a bit similar ...

my advice is to slow everything down ... unless you are racing ... blazing down a set isn't going to improve your skills ... unless you are punching through holes or entering the set - usually slow is better ...

having said all that - for sure, just getting out is the main goal (safely of course) ... happy to hear you are able to do that! ... i miss my annual trips to the nantahalla ...
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,687
    edited March 2014
    The last time I went canoeing I got dumped in fast water on the Sacramento river and got my ankle caught in a strainer (a submerged tree). One last all out effort using every ounce of strength I had got me free. That was the last time I went canoeing.

The last time I went rafting I got dumped and hit my tail bone on a rock and couldn't feel a thing in one leg for about 4 hours. That was the last time I went rafting.

The last time I went body surfing I got slammed head first in sand under water and couldn't figure out which way was up. That was the last time I went body surfing.

Dry lander, here.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    dude that was badass
    you are having great times

like my brother tells me
    "dickhead, you need a barge or 6 or 7 canoes welded together with wooden kitchen table chairs in the fucker for your big dumb ass"

he's just jealous
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce