Options

Will Pearl Jam appear in the Fuji Rock Festival in Japan?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Yah. This is not happening.

f...u...c...k
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    The calendar year starts January 1, and in Japan, at least, the fiscal year starts April 1. But for Fujirockers the year really starts when the first lineup is announced, and that happens to be NOW. The two top performers in the roster so far are Jack Johnson and Kanye West, who are as different, musically and temperamentally, as ginger ale and natto, so you are at least guaranteed contrast this summer.

The second tier headliners include Franz Ferdinand, Basement Jaxx and Manic Street Preachers. The list is completed, in alphabetical order, by the Bloody Beetroots Live, Bombay Bicycle Club, Claude Vonstroke, Darkside, Dubfire, Fanfare Ciocarlia, Garland Jeffreys, John Butler Trio, Jonathan Wilson, Jungle, London Grammar, moe., Narasirato, Parquet Courts, Phil Lesh & the Terrapin Family Band, Preservation Hall Jazz Band, The Qemists, SBTRKT, The Skatalites, The Strypes, Syl Johnson, Bobby Rush & Lavelle White Soul Music Legends, and The Waterboys.

Obviously, lots more to come, so watch this space.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    SOLAT319 said:

Not happening. The line up is already on their website.

that is not the entire lineup... that is just the first batch of announced acts

$20 says PJ is on the bill
  • Options
    my2hands said:

SOLAT319 said:

But NONE of the leaked names (Pearl Jam, Beck and Arcade Fire) are - so what says they should be later on?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,725
    Well, that sucks! :/

• Options
    farryfarry Jakarta, Indonesia Posts: 31
    edited February 2014
    pdalowsky said:

If I could pick I'd do Indonesia, looks to be a wonderful beautiful place to visit.

Thanks for your interest and support Pdalowsky, Demetrios & Spiritual_Chaos. Pearl Jam fans in Indonesia has been working hard to campaign for Pearl jam to come and play in this part of the world. At Big Day Out 2014 we managed to bring "Bring Pearl Jam To Indonesia" banner and in Perth we put it on front rails for Pearl Jam to see, as apparently captured in this official Pearl Jam photo of McCready. If there is any hint, hopefully this is it. We're faithfull. :)

"Bring Pearl Jam To Indonesia" Banner at Big Day Out 2014 Perth
    Post edited by farry on
    Farry Aprianto
    Jakarta, Indonesia
    BDO 2014 Melbourne + Sydney

#BringPearlJamToIndonesia
  • Options
    farryfarry Jakarta, Indonesia Posts: 31
    SOLAT319 said:

my2hands said:

kanye and jack johnson have been announced... i think this is happening folks

VERY fucking interesting

not just them. The entire line up is there.

http://fujirock-eng.com

It's stated that it's just "First Artist Lineup announced." It's very possible that Second Artist Lineup will be announced, still a long time to go. *Crossing Fingers*
    Farry Aprianto
    Jakarta, Indonesia
    BDO 2014 Melbourne + Sydney

#BringPearlJamToIndonesia
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117

my2hands said:

SOLAT319 said:

But NONE of the leaked names (Pearl Jam, Beck and Arcade Fire) are - so what says they should be later on?
    actually most of the leaked names were announced... kanye, jack johnson, phil lesh, preservation hall band, etc, etc... and i assume most of the others will be announced in the next batch

honestly this seems like it could be legit

• Options
    my2hands said:

my2hands said:

SOLAT319 said:

actually most of the leaked names were announced... kanye, jack johnson, phil lesh, preservation hall band, etc, etc... and i assume most of the others will be announced in the next batch

honestly this seems like it could be legit

What?

This was the "leak" wasn't it: image

What band on there are now officially announced?

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,933
    edited February 2014
    ajaxbro said:

At midnight Feb. 27 Smash Corporation released the first list of artists who will play at this year's Fuji Rock Festival, at the Naeba Ski Resort in Niigata Prefecture July 25-27.   

The Waterboys, Preservation Hall Jazz Band,Phil Lesh, Phoenix, Pixies, Pearl Jam,Megadeth, Manic Street Preachers, Kraftwerk,Kanye West, Jack Johnson, Garland Jeffreys,Franz Ferdinand, Fanfare Ciocarlia, Beck,Basement Jaxx, Arcade Fire, Metronomy,Bombay Bicycle Club, Jonathan Wilson,Azealia Banks, Parquet Courts, Darkside (US)

This seems to be a badly summarized version of this news article:

At midnight Feb. 27 Smash Corporation released the first list of artists who will play at this year's Fuji Rock Festival, at the Naeba Ski Resort in Niigata Prefecture July 25-27.

Kanye West and Jack Johnson appear to be two of the headliners, with Franz Ferdinand, Basement Jaxx and Manic Street Preachers not far behind.
    Other acts include Bombay Bicycle Club, Darkside, Fanfare Ciocarlia, Garland Jeffreys, Jonathan Wilson, Parquet Courts, Phil Lesh, Preservation Hall Jazz Band, and The Waterboys.

Several days before the announcement, a fake "leaked lineup" was circulated on the Internet saying that the headliners would be Beck, Arcade Fire and Pearl Jam.

In the meantime, Creativeman Productions has added new acts to its Summer Sonic/Sonicmania lineup for August 16-17: Pixies, Megadeth, Phoenix, Azealia Banks, Metronomy, Kraftwerk, and more.
    Which pretty much says that Pearl Jam, Arcade Fire and Beck were no more than fake names.
  • Options
    oerip sentosaoerip sentosa Indonesia Posts: 40
    pdalowsky said:

If I could pick I'd do Indonesia, looks to be a wonderful beautiful place to visit.

Thanks Paul,

Asia is exist, not at the corner of Pluto
    although I do not expect too much but If it happen, we deserve it
    we're just a group of fans, who may be a victim of politics things too
    Pearl Jam , they are band for all , not only for the western people
    Bring Pearl Jam To Indonesia !!!