Tax time...

Ah yes, that wonderful time of the year where I get some money to play with.
And yes, I know, I am getting money because I chose to give the government an interest free loan.
Anyway, this year I am taking my refund and going somewhere WARM.

So, if you get a refund this year.
What are you doing with your cash?

Take me piece by piece.....
Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....

Comments

• somebody...
    ANYBODY...
    Just acknowledge me....
    hehehehehe

The best way I can describe this forum?

The world is a tuxedo...
    And I am a brown pair of shoes.

:@)
  • Ok fuck it...
    Ill talk to myself...

Actually what I am going to do with my loot.....
    Is purchase the $800 poster set that is now available in the goods section.
    ITS A BARGAIN!!!!!
  • 109 members
    77 guests...

SOMEBODY SAY SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!!
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,129
    something?
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,728

something?

=)) good answer
    I'm gonna take my swanky $6 return and by me some twizzlers livin large....I don't get the sweet tax returns now that I've paid off all my student loans
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    Not expecting a refund. Haven't gotten one on years. But if we get one probably spend it on something frivolous.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • I owe the government a bunch of money from last years taxes. Hopefully this year's taxes will pay those off.
    Settings > Signature Settings > Hide Signatures Always
  • rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    got a nice return this year. filed my taxes around 1/17, federal return was deposited into my checking account on 2/6. couldn't believe how quickly i got my money. getting a small return from the state which i should finally see around august with the pace that illinois processes their returns.

while i would rather spend it on shit i won't need a year from now, the fiancé wants me to save it and put it towards buying a place this summer/fall. psh... women and their logic and priorities.
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Going by the first few posts in this thread, I hereby dub you Needy McCready!

No idea what our tax returns will yield; we got married last year so gotta try a few different options.

Refund will be going to a new car for me.
  • FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,095
    I have no clue what I owe/will get. It's been a crazy adjustment year... Last semester of college scholarships (but I paid the tuition in 2012 so i don't think it balances out...), got a job, moved to a different state, and starting paying student loans. If I don't owe anything I'll be happy. If I get a refund, that's a nice bonus.
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339

109 members
    77 guests...

SOMEBODY SAY SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!!

why? you only respond to people in your clique anyway.

did you see me? i saw you.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722
    Did my taxes the other day and my wife and I owe around $1,000. I don't fucking get it. We got back $1,000 last year and now this year we owe??? Fuck!
  • kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
    rival. said:

got a nice return this year. filed my taxes around 1/17, federal return was deposited into my checking account on 2/6. couldn't believe how quickly i got my money. getting a small return from the state which i should finally see around august with the pace that illinois processes their returns.

while i would rather spend it on shit i won't need a year from now, the fiancé wants me to save it and put it towards buying a place this summer/fall. psh... women and their logic and priorities.

You should get your IL return pretty quick, if you filed electronically. I don't remember waiting very long for mine, back in my IL days ...

And I totally understand your issues. My wife keeps talking about saving up money for Europe. But that's four months from now ... we could have a flipped Benny now!
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • Pay off debt-
    stupid braces for my son!
    I haven't bought new vinyl in...
    going on 7 months now.
    * sigh *

Cheers.
    'Cause you don't give blood and take it back again.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    I haven't gotten a dime back in 6-7 years. I almost always break even with the Feds and then have to cut a fat check to the stupid state of Arizona.
    Knowing that I'm not getting a damn thing back from them, I'm not filing until the last minute.

It would be nice to every so often get something...a nice little surprise.
    Oh well.
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,211
    I wish I got a nice tax return so I could get this damned tail finally removed.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339

I wish I got a nice tax return so I could get this damned tail finally removed.

*sings* if i had a tail...
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,762
    I'm just hoping not to owe more than $1000. I try to break even and did a pretty good job last year, but I refinanced the house at a 2.625% interest rate early last year as opposed to the >5% rate I did have.

I'll skip the annual lecture on why it's a lot better to break even or owe a little than get a big refund....or maybe I won't ;-)
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    refund - trip home to newfieland for bro in laws wedding.

maybe a new shirt....maybe

Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    I have not even received all my documents yet this year. I know I'm gonna end up screwing something up.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • wasa1971wasa1971 Calgary, Canada Posts: 2,144
    The last 5 or so years I've had to pay, after some investigation I realized that not enough was being taken off each pay period. We shall see......Still waiting for RRSP receipts before I can take to the accountant. Good for those of you that do your own, I think I would screw it up!
  • I shall be using my refund to go to Europe to see our favorite band.
  • know1 said:

I'm just hoping not to owe more than $1000. I try to break even and did a pretty good job last year, but I refinanced the house at a 2.625% interest rate early last year as opposed to the >5% rate I did have.

I'll skip the annual lecture on why it's a lot better to break even or owe a little than get a big refund....or maybe I won't ;-)

Oh cmon..
    Give me the speech...
    I look forward to it every year.

• LosientoLosiento Posts: 282
    I have not filed a tax return in 6 years. Think it is time to cash all that in.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,409
    without fucking with the transpo workers deduction I'm looking at 804? Have ot go through a years worth of logs as I didnt keep a journal of days out. Looking at 30-50 days? plus partials depending on how they allow me to calculate that.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Losiento said:

Whoa.

Legally (as in, how the rest of us dumbasses do it), how exactly does that work?
    hedonist said:

Losiento said:

Whoa.

Legally (as in, how the rest of us dumbasses do it), how exactly does that work?
    The government don't give a crap if and when you file if they owe you money. They are sitting on it interest free.
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    "Tax return". The last time I had one of those was the year I fell off my Pterodactyl.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Really? That is me on my T-Rex. image
    lol