Vienna 2014 - who is coming?

123457»

Comments

• KateAKateA Posts: 182
    I have just managed to get a ticket, so I'll be in Vienna too. Some people recommended Wombats hostel. Anyone knows how far from the venue is it?
    <hr>Normality is the death of personality.
  • ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,877
    KateA said:

I have just managed to get a ticket, so I'll be in Vienna too. Some people recommended Wombats hostel. Anyone knows how far from the venue is it?

I checked it and can tell you that the hostel is very near to the venue. your hostel is directly on the biggest shopping street in vienna, the Mariahilfer Strasse. You have the metro U2 there, or if you prefer to walk it will not take longer than 30 minutes to get to the venue. very easy to get from A to B in Vienna.
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,141
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • KateAKateA Posts: 182
    Thank you Chrisilein for your info. You are doing great job here. =D>
    <hr>Normality is the death of personality.
  • Have one spare 10c ticket to Vienna and best option is to change for yours to Milano. Is anybody interested? Send me PM
    Prague 2000, Berlin 2010, Prague 2012, Berlin I. 2012
    2014 EU TOUR: Milano, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin - done!!!
  • BM80338BM80338 Washington, DC Posts: 3
    Flying in from Washington, DC for the show. It'll be my girlfriend's first show ever and my first in Europe. We're staying at the Atlantis Hotel from Monday to Thursday before we head off to Prague and eventually Germany to finish out our vacation. Any suggestions for some first timers in Vienna? We're open to just about anything and a really good place to eat is a must for me.
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    I'm looking forward to this gig!
    (I'm not looking forward to the very early flight the next morning!)
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • diamond_marmaladediamond_marmalade Posts: 418
    edited March 2014
    **Ticket now taken**
    Post edited by diamond_marmalade on
    2007 London
    2009 Manchester
    2010 Dublin / London
    2012 Manchester I & II / Berlin I & II / EV: Manchester
    2014 Amsterdam I & II / Vienna / Berlin / Leeds
  • manuel bomanuel bo ITALY Posts: 8
    I'll be there with my daughter and my wife :D
  • jumbojetjumbojet Posts: 1,484
    manuel bo said:

I'll be there with my daughter and my wife :D

Me too. I mean Vienna. Not the show, itself.

~X( @-)
    What's your part, who you are?

2012: Arras, Berlin 1-2
    2013: Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires
    2014: Milano, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: NY MSG 1
  • giventofly69giventofly69 Vancouver Posts: 849
    I now have one extra 10C (reserved) for Vienna. Please let me know if you are interested.
    "Your light's reflected now, reflected from afar. We were but stones, your light made us stars."
  • sorry if somebody already wrote it, but I didn't see it - is there any other way from Vienna to Berlin beside the early flight?
  • Crazy MarTyNCrazy MarTyN Berlin/germany Posts: 41
    heyho! is there anyone having a spare seat for a ride Vienna-Berlin for a nice PJ fan??? would be so great...
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,834
    Any word on a pre-party the 24th or pre-gig party night of show?
  • Paulina87Paulina87 Poland Posts: 3,300
    eddiec said:

Any word on a pre-party the 24th or pre-gig party night of show?

I'm in for that :)
    Chorzów 2007 - Berlin 2009 - Berlin 2010 - Gdynia 2010 - Berlin 2012 - Berlin 2012 - Stockholm 2012 - EV Manchester 2012 - Milan 2014 - Trieste 2014 - Vienna 2014 - Berlin 2014 - Gdynia 2014 - Rio 2018 - Sao Paulo 2018
  • FrancisGersbachFrancisGersbach Cape Town Posts: 43
    I'm also there... very keen for pre-party... any booking advice and travel from Trieste to Vienna. Would love to meet the Pearl Jam Family... my first shows - coming from South Africa! just took 2x 10c GA shows... exchange rate massive for us. R15 to the Euro - but it's time to live the dream.

CAN'T WAIT!
    #PJTrieste - 76 Days
    #PJVienna - 79 Days
    first show - 22/6/2014 Trieste; 25/6/2014 Vienna associated other: Chris Cornell 21/3/2008 www.twitter.com/PearlJamSA - www.facebook.com/PearlJamSA "Oh I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the ones I love" #PJfam
    I would love to help with a pre-party but don't know if i have the time to organize it all.
    This would be a great location:
    http://www.strandbarherrmann.at/

Its an outdoor bar directly at the danube canal. But what would i do if the weather is bad?

Anyway i'm so happy that many of you come to vienna and i'm sure that all will enjoy their stay here, the city and the sold out show!!
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • charissecharisse Posts: 8
    edited April 2014
    Hey guys. I, too, got an extra 10c GA ticket for Vienna. Anyone interested? If you have an extra for another show, could be interested in trading.. which means we go together to two shows, I guess..

TICKET NO LONGER AVAILABLE

I would love to help with a pre-party but don't know if i have the time to organize it all.

Its an outdoor bar directly at the danube canal. But what would i do if the weather is bad?

Anyway i'm so happy that many of you come to vienna and i'm sure that all will enjoy their stay here, the city and the sold out show!!

I can help out, too.. I'm not really sure what this involves though.. :) but I want to contribute in some way or another
    Post edited by charisse on

Maybe it could just be something informal that doesn't require a lot of work. Being that you know Vienna, maybe just pick something like the one you posted and anybody who wants to shows up. I'm sure the word will spread fast.

I'm also there... very keen for pre-party... any booking advice and travel from Trieste to Vienna. Would love to meet the Pearl Jam Family... my first shows - coming from South Africa! just took 2x 10c GA shows... exchange rate massive for us. R15 to the Euro - but it's time to live the dream.

CAN'T WAIT!
    #PJTrieste - 76 Days
    #PJVienna - 79 Days

Several ways to get from Trieste to Vienna. I like this one:
    Get a train to Venice day after the show. Stroll around Venice and have a nice late lunch. After a day of sightseeing Venice head to the train station and catch the 9pm overnight train direct to Vienna. You can grab a sleeper car for 2 or 3 depending on how many you are.

• BS90546BS90546 Toronto Posts: 143
    Please PM me if you have an extra ticket to the show. Thanks!
    eddiec said:

Maybe it could just be something informal that doesn't require a lot of work. Being that you know Vienna, maybe just pick something like the one you posted and anybody who wants to shows up. I'm sure the word will spread fast.

Alright! I will try my best!
    I guess 24th June is best for the pre party, right?
    At least we have a date now! ;)

I messaged a friend who runs 4 bars in Vienna, including the one outdoor i posted above.
    I'm waiting for an answer and will start a new topic as soon as i have the perfect location for us.
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
    meanwhile - something about the city:
    http://www.aboutvienna.org/
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • FrancisGersbachFrancisGersbach Cape Town Posts: 43
    Thank you very much...
    eddiec said:

CAN'T WAIT!
    #PJTrieste - 76 Days
    #PJVienna - 79 Days

Several ways to get from Trieste to Vienna. I like this one:
    Get a train to Venice day after the show. Stroll around Venice and have a nice late lunch. After a day of sightseeing Venice head to the train station and catch the 9pm overnight train direct to Vienna. You can grab a sleeper car for 2 or 3 depending on how many you are.

first show - 22/6/2014 Trieste; 25/6/2014 Vienna associated other: Chris Cornell 21/3/2008 www.twitter.com/PearlJamSA - www.facebook.com/PearlJamSA "Oh I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the ones I love" #PJfam
  • Paulina87Paulina87 Poland Posts: 3,300

eddiec said:

I messaged a friend who runs 4 bars in Vienna, including the one outdoor i posted above.
    I'm waiting for an answer and will start a new topic as soon as i have the perfect location for us.

:-bd
    Chorzów 2007 - Berlin 2009 - Berlin 2010 - Gdynia 2010 - Berlin 2012 - Berlin 2012 - Stockholm 2012 - EV Manchester 2012 - Milan 2014 - Trieste 2014 - Vienna 2014 - Berlin 2014 - Gdynia 2014 - Rio 2018 - Sao Paulo 2018
  • charissecharisse Posts: 8
    edited April 2014
    Chrisilein:

''

I'm waiting for an answer and will start a new topic as soon as i have the perfect location for us. ''

Great! would be cool to have an indoor alternative, let me know if I can help you with something

edit: I couldn't quote automatically, sorry
    Post edited by charisse on
  • JG215570JG215570 Arvada, Colorado Posts: 57
    For all traveling from Vienna to Berlin and taking the early morning flight. If you are staying at the Atlantis Hotel the night of the show, they DO NOT offer a shuttle as hotels.com claims. I just got off the phone with the hotel and they can set up a taxi to take us to the airport but do not offer a shuttle of any sort. They also informed me that it costs $45 euro for the cab ride to the airport. So if anyone is taking the 6:25 fight to Berlin and is also staying at the Atlantis, my husband and I would love to share the taxi.
  • CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    Thanks for the info on the shuttle.