Options

Who wants a free XL Wrigley setlist shirt? - Winner!

2»

Comments

• Options
    Great Offer!

Wrigley was the first trip to the states to see PJ, after many, many years seeing them in/around Toronto and Barrie (starting at Lollapalooza 1992). Barrie/Toronto is already a 4-5 hour trek from home, so this event was a perfect excuse to make a special weekend.

My favourite moment was just soaking (literally) everything in, meeting a nice couple from Milwaukee, and a pair of sisters from Pasadena. We spent the entire rain delay hanging in our seats in the stands, getting soaked, enjoying some fine brews. A moment that will last forever in my head will be watching the rain billowing over the edges of Wrigley stands and falling down. It looked like blowing snow or something in the lights. We never braved the long line at the trains, instead we walked miles, got a ride in a bike taxi, then walked more, then finally got a cab for the last couple miles to our hotel in the loop. We saw many other PJ zombies making a similar trek. All in all a fantastic time making the best of circumstances, and a trip my wife and I will never forget. Oh yeah, the concert part was pretty damn awesome too.
    Barrie, Ontario 08-05-1992 x Toronto, Ontario 08-18-1993
    Barrie, Ontario 08-22-1998 x Toronto, Ontario 10-05-2000
    Toronto, Ontario 09-19-2005 x Toronto, Ontario 05-10-2006
    Toronto, Ontario 08-13-2008 (Ed Solo) x Toronto, Ontario 08-21-2009
    Toronto, Ontario 09-11-2011 x Chicago, IL 07-19-2013
    Buffalo, NY 10-12-2013 x Ottawa, Ontario 05-08-2016
    Ottawa, Ontario 09-03-2022
  • Options
    Cool giveaway! My favorite part was watchng PJ rock 'til 2 AM after the rain delay. They really put everything they could into making it a great show, and it was! Made this vid with some footage I took.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWp_a4FFZQo
    Las Cruces, NM Pan Am Center September 14, 1995
    Albuquerque, NM Tingley Coliseum July 7, 1998
    New York City, NY MSG May 20, 2010
    Eddie Vedder Solo Albuquerque, NM November 9, 2012
    Wrigley Field July 19, 2013
    LA Nov. 23: 24, 2013
    Denver 10-22-14
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    edited January 2014
    ^^^^^ That video is great!! Perfect summary of the entire day
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,513
    edited January 2014

Cool giveaway! My favorite part was watchng PJ rock 'til 2 AM after the rain delay. They really put everything they could into making it a great show, and it was! Made this vid with some footage I took.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWp_a4FFZQo

Yeah, that was great! Thanks for that! Love the end where you see the time and then a pan of how many people were still there. Awesome. :)
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    mahndogmahndog Posts: 394
    sdaly i was unable to attend live but did enjoy the show via the webcam on my phone while on vacation at my trailer. . . my wife thought I was crazy and my data bill was outrageous but worth every penny :-)

Jeremy
    Toronto 9.21.96/Barrie 8.22.98/Toronto 10.5.00/Toronto 6.28.03/Kitchener 9.11.05/Toronto 5.10.06/Toronto 8.21.09/PJ20 9.03.11/PJ20 9.04.11/Toronto 9.11.11/London 7.16.13/Buffalo 10.12.13

kingjeremysig.jpg
  • Options
    bump!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    jlaustinjlaustin Ann Arbor, MI Posts: 2,355
    Great video, dmaradona10 and great giveaway, PJ_Soul!
    2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Cincy, Detroit, Moline, & Milwaukee
    2015 Central Park
    2016 Lexington, Ottawa, Toronto 1 & 2, Boston 1 & 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2017 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    2018 Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Chicago 1

• Options
    Draw on Thursday bump. :)
  • Options
    willbarclaywillbarclay Ottawa, Canada Posts: 3,298
    cant wait!!!
  • Options
    releesemereleeseme Posts: 387
    wrigley was epic. rain be damned. i had an awesome time!
    8-20-92 \ 6-16-08
    10-4-96 \ 5-6-10
    9-6-98 \ 5-7-10
    4-19-03 \ 9-22-12
    10-6-04 \ 7-19-13
    6-24-06 \ 12-6-13
    10-1-14 \ 4-16-16
    \ 4-26-16 \
  • Options
    silver39silver39 Columbus, Ohio Posts: 1,346
    did anyone win??
    "I'll ride the wave,Where it takes me, I'll hold the pain, Release me"
    "I'm not about to give thanks or appologize"
    "Caught a bolt of lighting, cursed the day he let it go"
  • Options
    rmwatsonrmwatson Posts: 159
    What a nice oppurtunity for shirts!

Of all the great Chicago moments - hands down for me was hearing Release for the first time. The sound of every single person in that stadium singing along is something that I will never forget - and the sheer look of hapiness on Eddie's face as he was belting it out to us all - just great.
  • Options
    Draw on Thursday bump. :)
    silver39 said:

did anyone win??

Not yet. The winner will be drawn on Thursday night. :)
  • Options
    AO253126AO253126 Posts: 363
    Really cool gesture PJ_Soul. Thanks for doing this.

Wrigley was my second PJ show ever, with the first coming 1994 when I saw them at Crisler Arena in Ann Arbor (looong gap, I know). I had been building up to Wrigley, as many other people were, for a variety of reasons, not least of which was that I was going with one of my closest friends whom I don't get to see anymore as much as we'd Iike.

After a long day of driving and standing in the merch line for 5 hours under the sun in the intense humidity without any food or drink, we finally made it into the ballpark, and were sitting in our seats devouring overpriced hot dogs and watered-down beer, chatting with a couple of really cool fellow 10C members (from Missouri, I think). We were just trading PJ experiences when I mentioned how long it had bee since I'd seen them and how much I'd missed out on in the intervening years. I talked about how I could barely remember that first show, when my friend said "yeah, you bought my ticket through the fan club for that show too". For some reason I had completely forgotten that experience and, given the huge time gap, coming at the end of a long day(s) of anticipation, that moment just struck me as being kind of cool and it made the whole evening that much more epic for me.

So, that's not a really earth-shattering story, and in fact it's pretty lame, but you asked, and that's what I thought of when I read your question, so there you go :)

I was able to score a setlist shirt back when they were offered here in the shop, but XL, which is the size my friend wears, was already sold out. If I'm lucky enough to win this, I obviously know who's going to get it :)

Good luck to all!
  • Options
    Last day to enter bump. :)
    I will announce the winner tomorrow morning.
  • Options
    BronyBrony Posts: 628
    wow thanks for doing this!

memory: Opening chords of Release, i tear up......the random girl next to me turns to the guy she's with and laughs, "look at the guy next to me crying. haha!"

sorry, Release gets me every time
  • Options
    Brony said:

memory: Opening chords of Release, i tear up......the random girl next to me turns to the guy she's with and laughs, "look at the guy next to me crying. haha!"

I was exactly the same way..... and lucky for me I didn't have some jerk making fun of me for it, lol!
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,421
    PJ_Soul said:

Brony said:

I was exactly the same way..... and lucky for me I didn't have some jerk making fun of me for it, lol!
    Yea, you were LUCKY> :))

Nice giveaway PJ_SOUL.

• Options
    ToledoJuttToledoJutt Toledo Ohio Posts: 61
    I remember standing in those long merchant lines both days talking with some amazing people from all over this great world sharing stories pretty cool and hot it was but the highlight for me was present tense and balling my eyes out when they played comeback very cool its okay to cry let's you no your human then the rain and a even better set list thanks for the chance both please
    what the
  • Options
    BronyBrony Posts: 628
    PJ_Soul said:

Brony said:

;)
  • Options
    And the winner is..... MedozK! :-bd Yay!

And since he asked me to throw the Calgary shirt back into the pool, the winner of that is..... NAUjackfan! <:-P

Congrats to the winners!
    Thank you SO much to everyone who posted their Wrigley moments! I really enjoyed reading them; it really brought me back to that awesome weekend. :x
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Wow!. My first win of something. Very cool of PJ_Soul to give the shirt away. Thank you VERY much.
  • Options
    cutz said:

PJ_Soul said:

Brony said:

Yea, you were LUCKY> :))

Nice giveaway PJ_SOUL.

image Definitely no teasing coming from you cutz! I wept, you played the air guitar, no judgement. AAALLLLL good! :D
  • Options
    NAUjackfanNAUjackfan Phoenix Posts: 2,340
    Thanks to PJ Soul for the Calgary shirt and to you for letting it go to another! Now I'll have the whole Calgary PJ shirt collection B-)
    MedozK said:

Wow!. My first win of something. Very cool of PJ_Soul to give the shirt away. Thank you VERY much.

tumblr_mtr9t5SROk1r0d33so1_400.gif
    Click to visit the Arizona PJ Fans Page

PJ
    PHX 98|ABQ, PHX, Seattle 00|PHX 03|Arras 10|PJ20 1&2 11|Missoula 12|PHX, SD, LA 1&2 13|Denver 14|Telluride 16
    EV
    Vegas 1&2, PHX 12|Ohana 16
    TOTD
    LA 16
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,378
    Nice!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209

Thanks to PJ Soul for the Calgary shirt and to you for letting it go to another! Now I'll have the whole Calgary PJ shirt collection B-)

MedozK said:

NO problem. Congrats. I didn't want to hog everything. :@)
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    Congrats on the win and nice giveaway PJ_Soul!!

Would have looked fixed if I'd have won with my brown nosed post image
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015