PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
edited December 2015 in The Porch
Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
Tagged:

Comments

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    i met via 10c and this forum amazing great people and become friends for life
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • The 10c gave me the privilege and honor of seeing PJ close to the rail in L.A. last November.
    Las Cruces, NM Pan Am Center September 14, 1995
    Albuquerque, NM Tingley Coliseum July 7, 1998
    New York City, NY MSG May 20, 2010
    Eddie Vedder Solo Albuquerque, NM November 9, 2012
    Wrigley Field July 19, 2013
    LA Nov. 23: 24, 2013
    Denver 10-22-14
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    1. Met some of my best friends here

2. they have answered every single email I've sent

3. free nachos!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • BHealyBHealy Flagstaff, Arizona Posts: 466
    We can buy high quality bootlegs! And connect with other fans!
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    even as a brand new member people are kind and welcoming, and the club gives new people a chance to bring their energy to to the show...very democratic
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • jshinjshin Posts: 1,759
    Pearl Jam.
    I ain't got no fly'n shoes..

• doomponydoompony Wellington, NZ Posts: 4,497
    Met some wonderful beautiful people. Front row pj. Mr snuggleton indulgence via deep.
  • veddertownveddertown Scotland Posts: 5,260
    Two of my favourite people in the world I met through here. They came all the way to spend the week with my wife and I in Dublin when we got married and were also our witnesses. Paul and Susan (and kids) are just the greatest... :) There are a ton of others from here who are also brilliant, beautiful people to know. They know who they are.
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • retroponyretropony Myrtle Beach SC Posts: 349
    10 club radio, and having coffee with hundreds of fans every morning...
    Washington DC 2008
    Charlotte NC 2013
    Greenville SC 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
  • jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,815
    What is 10C? Is it the people like Tim who officially run it? Or is it the paying membership? Or a little of both?

Ok, to say something good....

As for as Tim & Co.: They represent and are an extension of the primary interest that binds us all together, Pearl Jam. Well-intentioned, good people.
    The paying membership: Love you folks. There are some really good people that gravitate to all that is Pearl Jam. It's become for me over time as much about the people as it is about the music. Many of you I've never met beyond digital personalities, but hope I'm fortunate enough to cross paths some day :)>-
  • densandensan Posts: 563
    Agree with all the above, but for sure meeting other 10 clubbers.....all the people I have met over 20 plus years that are in the 10c are like instantly "we're family & big grins" and happy as hell too because we all know we are here to see our band..not meaning to be greedy, but they are OUR band. we share because that's what it's about. We also watch out for each other at the shows which is extremely comforting. Some damn good people in this club & on this board. :-bd
    Be different & make a difference. Decency & kindness @ a grassroots level works.
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Formed a band with mfc2006, seen the band many, many times always great seats and reignited an impairing vinyl habit.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • jopetto75jopetto75 Posts: 397
    to everybody else I'm a freak or weird for going out of my way to see this band.
    What they don't understand is that its not just the band, it's a chance to meet up with
    my family. I always feel the best when I am around the good people of this club.
    Thats exactly what it is a club that will go down in History as making a impact on others, because we actually
    care about something else other than ourselves.
    Thats why PJ20 was one of the best weekends I have ever endured!
    Thats why they need to do something like that again
    soon very soon
    so thanks to everyone who makes this possible thanks to the band for keeping it real.
    Thanks for the greatness known as 10 club that is what makes it great for me.
    until next time......
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited January 2014
    That's easy! 10C provides us fans with a way to find each other! And the 10C community is the result. :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    in 1998 i sent a letter to 10c because i did not receive the card they had sent out to order tickets. it wasn't very nice, and i'm quite embarrassed about it now that i think of it. i certainly hope they don't keep that stuff. anyway, a couple of days later, i received a phone call from what sounded like the girl that was on the 10c hotline. she told me to just mail them a check for the tickets. the tickets arrived within a few days. i was afraid they would be nosebleeds because it was days before the show, but they were indeed fan club seats! 10c used to really look out for the fans back then.
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • RD101189RD101189 A distant time, a distant space Posts: 454
    They helped keep vinyl records alive when all hope appeared lost in the late 90's and early 00's. Thank you from this vinyl junkie. =D>
    09/08/1992 - Phoenix, AZ
    07/08/1998 - Phoenix, AZ
    10/21/2000 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/19/2013 - Phoenix, AZ
    10/22/2014 - Denver, CO
    05/09/2022 - Phoenix, AZ
    09/22/2022 - Denver, CO
  • thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    Too fuckin' easy......the people. Every person that has ever shared a converstation with me, everyone I've met in person, everyone that Pmed, everyone that I sold or traded things to, everyone who is just kind......It's nothing short of amazing.
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • pbrm_pearljampbrm_pearljam Amsterdam Posts: 38
    Never seen so much passion and love for a band. Im glad that i'm not alone with my addiction.......Sometimes people don't understand me :))
    See the path.....cut by the moon.....for you to walk on........

NIJMEGEN 2007 - AHOY 2009 - NIJMEGEN 2010 - AMSTERDAM-1 2012
    AMSTERDAM-2 2012 !!!!!!!!
    ED 25-7-2012

AMSTERDAM 1+2 2014
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    We are cooler than any other band's fan club.
  • This is a bump.

Let's see what the night shift has to say....
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,593
    edited January 2014
    Post edited by brianlux on
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• brianlux said:

Tim and Co.: For all the bitching I've done about the new format, this place is still here. Looking beyond the facade of the format, the guts are still intact and 10C Co. made it happen. I'm thankful for that.

Paying Membership: Some of the coolest people I've met/never met reside here. That's good as gold.

I want to shout out a big thanks here to PJ_Soul who really cares about this place and the vibe here. This is a great place, great people and of course a great band. Let's get that good vibe back on track. image

• For the most part your post is about the new forum not 10c

Please tell us a positive about the 10c
  • shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    now i wanna be your dog
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,593

brianlux said:

Tim and Co.: For all the bitching I've done about the new format, this place is still here. Looking beyond the facade of the format, the guts are still intact and 10C Co. made it happen. I'm thankful for that.

Paying Membership: Some of the coolest people I've met/never met reside here. That's good as gold.

I want to shout out a big thanks here to PJ_Soul who really cares about this place and the vibe here. This is a great place, great people and of course a great band. Let's get that good vibe back on track. image

Original post was deleted.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• brianlux said:

brianlux said:

For the most part your post is about the new forum not 10c

Please tell us a positive about the 10c

• Sunday night bump.

10c is as tight as the band, we are all in this together.
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,860

And

BostonLou
    Heineken Helen