Options

Who wants a free XL Wrigley setlist shirt? - Winner!

PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
edited January 2014 in Lost Dogs
Update: The winner of the Wrigley shirt is MedozK! And the winner of the Calgary '09 shirt is NAUjackfan! Whoohoo!

Hi everyone!

I don't know why I bought a Wrigley setlist t-shirt - I don't even wear t-shirts! And I definitely don't know why I got an XL, because it's too big for me! I guess I was thinking about how tiny the 10C girl shirts are. But these are men's sizes. Anyhoo, I'm moving very soon, so there is no need to pack anything that I have no use for, especially not something that someone else would be glad to have. I'll take care of the shipping within North America. I will send it overseas as well, but that's really pricey through Canada Post, so please pay for shipping if you're outside of Canada or the USA.

Giving things to the first to reply is boring IMO. So how about anyone who is interested post their SINGLE favorite moment from their Wrigley experience (that doesn't necessarily mean a moment from the show itself), and then I'll do a random draw of any respondents in a week.

Looking forward to reading about your awesome Wrigley memories! I still get the warm and fuzzies when I think about mine. image

Edit: Oh, I forgot. I'll throw in the black Calgary 2009 stickman shirt (XL) that came free with the Wrigley shirt too, if you want it. Let me know if you are or aren't interested in having it. That way, if the winner says he or she doesn't want the Calgary shirt, I'll do a second draw for those who said they do.
Edit 2: I guess it would be nice for everyone to know that both shirts are UNWORN. And unwashed. They are still in the packaging that 10C sent them in.... they were really crammed in there, so the only flaw would be that they will probably be pretty wrinkly. :P
With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
Post edited by PJ_Soul on

Comments

• Options
    willbarclaywillbarclay Ottawa, Canada Posts: 3,298
    edited January 2014
    I had a dream I was at Wrigley ... It was really awesome.

Than I woke up in Ottawa Ontario and was extremely disappointed.
    Post edited by willbarclay on
  • Options
    JB23237JB23237 Posts: 1,372
    My favorite memory is hearing Chloe Dancer/Crown of Thorns for the first time
    Alpine Valley East Troy WI 1998...United Center Chicago IL1998...All State Arena Rosemont IL 2000 (anybody have a spare poster)
    United Center Chicago IL 2003...Alpine Valley East Troy WI 2003...Toledo OH 2004...Marcus Amphitheater Milwaukee WI 2006
    United Center Chicago IL Nite 1 2008...United Center Chicago IL Nite 2 2008...United Center Chicago IL Nite 1 2009
    PJ20 East Troy WI Nite 1 2011...PJ20 East Troy WI Nite 2 2011...Wrigley Field Chicago IL 2013...iWireless Center Moline IL 2014
    Bradley Center Milwaukee WI 2014...EV Auditorium Theatre Chicago IL Nite 1 2008...EV Chicago Theatre Chicago IL Nite 1 2011
    EV w/ PT celebrating the Who Rosemont Theatre Rosemont IL 2015
  • Options
    scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,427
    Thanks PJ_Soul, XL would be too big for me, but I was thinking of getting this to frame anyway.

I wish I could say my fav memory was from the Show, but it isn't. I will be honest I don't really have any fav moments from Wrigley, but I will pick one...

As a White Sox fan, probably the Steve Bartman interference play at Wrigley would be the one. Although the aftermath, and what has happened to that guy since is not cool in my opinion, but there's another forum somewhere for that I'm sure.
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • Options
    thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    The EarthCam experience for me made the whole concert. ;)
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • Options
    jlaustinjlaustin Ann Arbor, MI Posts: 2,355
    Don't need the T-shirt, but wanted to share my favorite Wrigley memory...

First PJ concert (don't ask where I have been - lol) - favorite memory was balling like a baby when they played Black!
    2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Cincy, Detroit, Moline, & Milwaukee
    2015 Central Park
    2016 Lexington, Ottawa, Toronto 1 & 2, Boston 1 & 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2017 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    2018 Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Chicago 1

• Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Still regret not getting this after the show, but my wife was tired. It was her first PJ show, and I was hoping everything would be perfect...it wasn't.lol.. but I still think she enjoyed herself.

My favorite moment was after the show. My wife and I waiting in that LONG line to take the train....just talkin about the show and our thoughts. Seems boring...but a priceless moment for me.
  • Options
    Oh, I forgot. I'll throw in the black Calgary 2009 stickman shirt (XL) that came free with the Wrigley shirt too, if you want it. Let me know if you are or aren't interested in having it. That way, if the winner says he or she doesn't want the Calgary shirt, I'll do a second draw for those who said they do.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    NAUjackfanNAUjackfan Phoenix Posts: 2,340
    Thanks for the chance at both shirts.
    I loved being a part of the Earthcam experience with what seemed like thousands of others. That experience has lasted as Pam White created a Facebook page for us.
    tumblr_mtr9t5SROk1r0d33so1_400.gif
    Click to visit the Arizona PJ Fans Page

PJ
    PHX 98|ABQ, PHX, Seattle 00|PHX 03|Arras 10|PJ20 1&2 11|Missoula 12|PHX, SD, LA 1&2 13|Denver 14|Telluride 16
    EV
    Vegas 1&2, PHX 12|Ohana 16
    TOTD
    LA 16
  • Options
    I am actually listening to the Wrigley boot right now, and gotta, say, it is REALLY great! :D There is a lot of emotion in that show!

I have a LOT of special memories from my trip to Chicago, about all the people I met, from the show itself, and from the rain delay, and from the torturous line up at that train station, lol, etc. but my number one moment has to have been when they opened with Release. That was a seriously emotional moment for me! I could feel the emotion pouring out of Eddie all the way back in Section 7. :x
  • Options
    My favorite moment was standing at the left field GA gate talking to a 85+ year old lady named Betty Lou who worked at Wrigley and told us stories about seeing Babe Ruth play there as a child. We then pumped her for information on how to get from that gate to the field entrance the quickest. Her intel was spot on and we ended up in the second row in front of MIke!

I would definitely like to have the Calgary stickman. Thanks for the chance.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,736
    I'd be interested in both shirts. :-*

Favorite moment from the show was when they played "Come Back" and dedicated it to the guy who had just lost his wife. Such a beautiful moment.
  • Options
    jm257212jm257212 Posts: 409
    10c members paying it forward with tickets for those in need atthe pre-party. What our club is all about.
    thanks
  • Options
    jjtormeyjjtormey Chicago Posts: 478
    I loved being at Wrigley Field at 2:00am. I live about five blocks from Wrigley Field. It was amazing to walk to a PJ show. I've been to Wrigley probably close to a 100 times, but never at 2:00am.

Thanks for doing this. I'm interested in both shirts.

Jim
    '94 - Miami;  '95 - Chicago;  '06 - Chicago x 2;  '08 - Washington, DC;   '09 - Berlin; Philly #1;   '10 - Noblesville, IN; Bristol, VA;   '11 - PJ20 x 2; Costa Rica;   '12 - Missoula;   '13 - Wrigley, Baltimore, Seattle;   '14 - Stockholm, St Louis;  '16 - Wrigley x 2; Fenway;  '18 - Wrigley x 2;  
  • Options
    jeff2040jeff2040 Des Moines, IA Posts: 1,588
    My favorite memory was the whole experience leading up to the show. I was shut out on the tickets like many other Ten Club members were for this show. An awesome member from Virginia hooked me up with a pair for face value 6 days before the show so he was a hero in my book. I really needed tickets for the show because I was planning on proposing to my girlfriend before the show. A few weeks before the show I had made a post asking a fellow member to be a "random person" to take pictures of the proposal. I found another awesome member and his wife who were willing to help me out and the whole thing went great! The Wrigley show will always hold a special place in my heart for more reasons than the great show Pearl Jam put on that July night. The whole experience showed me how awesome Ten Club members are and how they will go the extra mile for each other! I look forward to playing a bunch of Pearl Jam at the wedding on October 4th!
    Sometimes you find yourself
    Having to put all your faith
    In no faith
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    My favorite moment....meeting PJ_Soul
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    edited January 2014
    My wife and I flew from Cork Ireland to Detroit, saw my parents for a night, drove to Chicago. Arrived jet lagged as shit, in the 100+ degree weather. Checked into our hotel, took the train to Wrigley, met some buddies we had not seen in over a year. Saw Chris Chelios. Carried around a gallon jug of H20, filled it three times. Saw the lines for merchandise, kept walking, Entered Wrigley excitedly, waited patiently, rocked out for a while. Waited patiently again, and rocked out some more. After Eddie announced one more song, made a break for the exit. Listened to RITFW as we walked all the way around the outside of the stadium. Luckily made it to the train before the masses. Hopped off train and walked the 4 or so blocks to our hotel. Proceed to take out hotel swipe card, insert into door. Fall on bed, go to sleep. Wake up next morning and realize what a great fucking time it was!!!!
    Post edited by buck502000 on
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,378
    I didn't go to Wrigley, but I had a great time hearing all about it from some of my closest friends. One of which was wearing his setlist shirt while telling me about it & I was jealous of the shirt! Ha! Thanks for the chance!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,890
    My favorite part of the Wrigley experience was meeting derbydave. He really helped me out a tremendous amount while I was in Chicago and I'll be forever grateful to him for that. Also, michaelo coming through for me with an extra ticket was amazing. The show was the cherry on top of all that.
  • Options

;)) Well that's about the sweetest thing ever! Empty Glass was a highlight for me too! I still chuckle when I think about that night! image
    So many great moments with people I met there - I cherish all of them!
  • Options
    FC148629FC148629 Québec, Canada Posts: 213
    Wow, great idea.
    I'm from Montreal Canada, i have seen Pj 2 times in Hartford, whit my best friend Danick. Then this summer we decide to make the trip to Chicago, to be part of this Épic show. The show was amazing, but one of my favorite moment was during the storm break. We have meet crazy people from around the world, then we realize that Pj is amazing to be able to reunite all this person.
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    edited January 2014
    PJ_Soul said:

;)) Well that's about the sweetest thing ever! Empty Glass was a highlight for me too! I still chuckle when I think about that night! image

Alan was over Sunday to watch football. Had to show him the picture in the latest Deep, where I can be seen and not him. (I laughed as we were at a baseball game a few years back and I can be seen in a Sports Illustrated picture, but not him)....anyway, we both agreed that the stop at that last bar that night was unnecessary image
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

Alan was over Sunday to watch football. Had to show him the picture in the latest Deep, where I can be seen and not him. (I laughed as we were at a baseball game a few years back and I can be seen in a Sports Illustrated picture, but not him)....anyway, we both agreed that the stop at that last bar that night was unnecessary image
    I hear ya! If it hadn't been so HOT things probably would have been a bit better the next day!
    You're in the Deep mag?? What page?
    Say hi to Alan for me! Super nice guy. :)
  • Options
    dfishbergdfishberg Posts: 403
    I couldnt make the show but watched it from the outdoor Wrigley cam. I was wondering what happened when I couldnt hear the music anymore after the first few songs and didnt realize that there were actual Lightning Bolts passong though Wrigley that day (I guess it was fitting)!
  • Options
    Bump
  • Options
    weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,278
    loved reading the setlist thread get updated and hearing all the stories. thanks for the chance, I need some new shirts
  • Options
    bosshogg18bosshogg18 Tacoma, WA Posts: 1,082
    Hearing Lightning Bolt for the first time was awesome.
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,772
    Great idea PJ_Soul... Wrigley was my first pj concert after an almost 15 year hiatus (kids, kids, kids...) hearing black was a serious highlight. The first note of release... Spending the weekend with my brother, standing in line at the merch tent for 5 hours, meeting oceaninmyeyes....But one of the funniest moments was meeting whisperinghands. We had been texting back and forth all day but hadn't had a chance to meet yet. My brother and I were in our seats before the concert. She knew our section and texted that she would come find me. Not long thereafter I hear someone shouting at the top of her lungs "JEN!!" (my name) from the top of the section and turned around to meet a new friend. =))
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    lowlight1lowlight1 Posts: 273
    When I did a did a header over 2 rows after the rain delay
  • Options
    wma11wma11 Posts: 790
    Thanks PJ_Soul! I got to say what's up to Rodman before the show started in the section of floor just behind GA...oh and hearing Lightning Bolt, Future Days, Mother Chloe/Crown for the first time live!!
    I met my wife here...you can too! Don't lose hope!
  • Options
    silver39silver39 Columbus, Ohio Posts: 1,346
    Thanks for the opportunity for this shirt! We missed out on it after the show and I'd really like it (& it will fit me woo hoo)

I think my favorite moment was hearing Bugs for the 1st time ever and being at this show with my husband. It was his 1st show and what a 1st show to be a part of!!! Great show, great day and great trip!!!!!
    "I'll ride the wave,Where it takes me, I'll hold the pain, Release me"
    "I'm not about to give thanks or appologize"
    "Caught a bolt of lighting, cursed the day he let it go"