What PJ songs are in your set lists?

What PJ songs do you guys play in your bands or by yourself? In front of others or for yourself?

I am in a newly forming band, and so far we are going to take on Black, Wishlist, Crazy Mary, and I will also do Elderly Woman Behind the Counter in a Small Town either with the band or solo at open mics or whatever. I play that song now for myself in honor of my mother in law who lived with us as she declined due to Alzheimer's like dementia.

So what you got?
Tagged:

Comments

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Here are ones that I play live or just jam on the most: In Hiding, I Got Shit, Long Road, Ghost, Other Side, Man of the Hour, Wishlist, Insignificance, Satan's Bed, Fatal, Tremor Christ & Low Light. Just started learning some from the new album as well!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • BHealyBHealy Flagstaff, Arizona Posts: 466
    edited January 2014
    I can play quite a few PJ songs pretty poorly, but I'm a beginner. I was just getting frustrated with myself the other day when I realized this..... it doesn't matter though - I love it!

I just wish I could play and sing more than "Elderly woman...." without screwing up every time...
    Post edited by BHealy on
  • mattsl1983mattsl1983 Posts: 711
    edited January 2014
    SOLAT, Corduroy, RVM, Given to Fly, Sad are the go to ones on the electric
    Wishlist, Man of the Hour, Release, Nothingman are my go to ones on an acoustic.

BHealy,

Start learning YLB, it'll get you moving up and down the neck, slow enough so you won't feel overwhelmed, and in my experience most tend to catch onto quickly. You can even just play chords (all 3 of them) for the verse and chorus. Real fun song to play and sing on. One of the few that you don't have to worry about messing up the lyrics. Haha.
    Post edited by mattsl1983 on

SOLAT, Corduroy, RVM, Given to Fly, Sad are the go to ones on the electric
    Wishlist, Man of the Hour, Release, Nothingman are my go to ones on an acoustic.

BHealy,

Start learning YLB, it'll get you moving up and down the neck, slow enough so you won't feel overwhelmed, and in my experience most tend to catch onto quickly. You can even just play chords (all 3 of them) for the verse and chorus. Real fun song to play and sing on. One of the few that you don't have to worry about messing up the lyrics. Haha.

Thanks mattsl1983! I can play parts of the intro and the bar chords for sure, but I should go back and try more of it. Part of my problem (maybe) is that I jump between songs quite a bit instead of sticking to one until I get it. I think when I posted my response the other day I was playing a song that I've been working on for months and thought I had it down, but was screwing it up right and left. Mad Season's "River of Deceit."
  • smcleishsmcleish Oxford Posts: 137
    not really PJ but we have Rocking in a Free World as a final song on our set list - it alway goes down well!
  • PJammer4lifePJammer4life Los Angeles Posts: 2,578
    Corduroy, Jeremy, Black
    Bridge Benefit 1994, San Francisco 1995, San Diego 1995 1 & 2, Missoula 1998, Los Angeles 2000, San Diego 2000, Eddie Vedder/Beck 2/26/2002, Santa Barbara 2003, Irvine 2003, San Diego 2003, Vancouver 2005, Gorge 2005, San Diego 2006, Los Angeles 2006 1 & 2, Santa Barbara 2006, Eddie Vedder 4/10/08, Eddie Vedder 4/12/08, Eddie Vedder 4/15/08, 7/12/2008, SF 8/28/09, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/1/09, LA 10/06/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09, Eddie Vedder 7/6/2011, Eddie Vedder 7/8/2011, PJ20 9/3/2011, PJ20 9/4/2011, Vancouver 9/25/2011, San Diego 11/21/13, LA 11/24/13, Ohana 9/25/21, Ohana 9/26/21, Ohana 10/1/21, EV 2/17/22, LA Forum 5/6/22, LA Forum 5/7/22, EV 10/1/22, EV 9/30/23
  • Off He Goes, Betterman, Black, Why Go... and most recently we've nailed down Mind Your Manners
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,129
    my band closes every gig with ledbetter.

at any given time we have been known to do black, elderly woman, rockin in the free world, corduroy, sonic reducer, depending on our mood and the crowd.

we have learned sirens but have not played it out yet.

i like to play thumbing my way and man of the hour if i gig solo.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Treyert14Treyert14 Louisiana Posts: 924
    Trying to learn Ten right now so far I got down, Even Flow, Jeremy, Once, Alive(Still working on the solo), and Black.
  • BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    In my acoustic duo we've played: Porch, RVM, Indifference, Black and we've teased a few others.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • So for learning the songs, to you guys find the Given To Wail site as good as any for resources?
  • BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292

So for learning the songs, to you guys find the Given To Wail site as good as any for resources?

Most definitely

Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    A Number of Songs but My *Favourite* Few are Even Flow...Porch...Corduroy...Alive...Insignificance
  • i really enjoy playing 'not for you'.
  • Jon ChorbaJon Chorba Posts: 268
    Man...I wish all you guys played near me in Texas!

The most common Pearl Jam songs I've covered in bands and in acoustic sets over the years were: Evenflow, Alive, Black, Elderly Woman, Better Man, Corduroy, and Yellow Ledbetter

I recently redid my acoustic set and I do Porch and Given to Fly (which I'm gonna do a YouTube cover of shortly) regularly. When I do private parties and I send them my setlist, I make a note saying that I could do any Pearl Jam song that they would like. :)

If You Like Crunchy Guitar Riffs, Powerful Vocals, Melodic Guitar Solos, And Meaningful Lyrics..then you need to check out one of the most refreshing new hard rock bands in quite some time...-->The Liberty Underground<--
  • thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    Although I've never played in a official gig....I've played music for my family before and the songs I've done are Black, Small Town, Release, Wishlist (My favorite to play), Low Light and Sirens.
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • StarbassStarbass Posts: 11
    edited April 2014
    We only play PJ songs in our band :)

I play bass in "Black Pearl" based in the Netherlands, we started off a bit more then a year ago and only have been playing gigs since last summer.

Currently working on Porch.

Songs we played live, in random order:

Black, Alive, Even Flow, Jeremy, Once, Release, Animal, Elderly woman behind the counter in a small town, Betterman, Daughter, Given to fly, Mind your manners, State of love and trust, Corduroy (we played it once with a 8 minute solo :P), Rearviewmirror, Dissident

We try to get a mix between the live feel and the studio version, including the upright bass, fretless and 12-string parts
    And still a lot of songs we want to do later on.

We are on facebook (most of it is in Dutch..)
    Post edited by Starbass on
    Starbass said:

We only play PJ songs in our band :)

I play bass in "Black Pearl" based in the Netherlands, we started off a bit more then a year ago and only have been playing gigs since last summer.

Currently working on Porch.

Songs we played live, in random order:

Black, Alive, Even Flow, Jeremy, Once, Release, Animal, Elderly woman behind the counter in a small town, Betterman, Daughter, Given to fly, Mind your manners, State of love and trust, Corduroy (we played it once with a 8 minute solo :P), Rearviewmirror, Dissident

We try to get a mix between the live feel and the studio version, including the upright bass, fretless and 12-string parts
    And still a lot of songs we want to do later on.

We are on facebook (most of it is in Dutch..)

Sounds awesome!
  • steeler4lifesteeler4life Philadelphia area Posts: 405
    I've never played in a band or anything like that so I just play solo in my living room practicing.
    I am finally able to play all of Alive and Yellow Ledbetter (solos included).
    I can also play Garden, Release, Sirens, Mind Your Manners, Elderly Woman, Brain of J (no solo), Oceans, Rearviewmirror, Better Man, Unthought Known, Nothingman, Lukin, Fatal, Let Me Sleep, Sonic Reducer, Rockin In the Free World, Not For You, I Got Id, Hold On, Crazy Mary, Sad, Corduroy, Spin the Black Circle, Let The Records Play, Indifference, Given to Fly, Immortality, Black, Last Kiss, Low Light, Lightning Bolt, Thumbing My Way, In My Tree, Porch, Wishlist, Come Back, Interstellar Overdrive, Parachutes, SOLAT, Sleeping By Myself, Long Road, Faithful, Do the Evolution, Present Tense, In Hiding, Footsteps, Just Breathe, Can't Keep,
    Hail, Hail, Jeremy, Love Boat Captain, I Am Mine, Crown of Thorns, Amongst the Waves.

Wow. I just went through every PJ song on my iPod and wrote the ones that I could play. I had no idea that I knew this many songs!! :)) :-O
    Philly 10/21/13 Seattle 12/06/13 "No Code" 10/17/14
  • wall05wall05 Posts: 304
    Convinced my band to close a show with Yellow Ledbetter one time. That was the only time we've done any PJ cause nobody else in my band is that into them.
    2008 - Camden, NJ 1
    2009 - Philadelphia, PA x4
    2010 - Newark, NJ, New York City, NY x2
    2012 - Philadelphia, PA
    2013 - Chicago, IL, Philadelphia, PA x2, Hartford, CT
    2016 - Philadelphia, PA x2, New York City, NY 2, Fenway 2