Options

oh I forgot

Comments

• Options
    Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639

Hank, you should go check out a thread titled, "Porch Humor." The OP posted this about it.."everyone needs a pick me up, this thread is for jokes, funny images, or videos, etc, looking to create a thread that include no personal attacks, keep it as clean as possible, where forum members can come a have a laugh and maybe pick up their spirits,"

Sounds like you could use a pick me up.

no I am stoned and feeling ridiculously outstanding, so your diagnosis is way off, look in the mirror

• Options
    jamburgerjamburger Posts: 1,775

I also don't understand wanting videos of the shows. We know what the band looks like. It is music not a movie. I can understand a DVD every couple years, but not sitting in front of youtube for hours on end.

sorry if you can't understand why people would want to see Roger Daltrey and Eddie Vedder together
    But they can. Just say "hey everybody, there's some cool clips of Eddie & Roger on Youtube you should go check out". Everyone knows how to use Youtube.

Question - Are these Daltry's shows where Eddie has shown up, or Vedder's shows that Roger has shown up? The first shouldn't be a problem, but the second goes against the expressed wishes of the artist himself. Why don't you just respect that instead of trying to compare the situation to his immature 14 year old self.

• Options
    jamburger said:

I also don't understand wanting videos of the shows. We know what the band looks like. It is music not a movie. I can understand a DVD every couple years, but not sitting in front of youtube for hours on end.

sorry if you can't understand why people would want to see Roger Daltrey and Eddie Vedder together
    But they can. Just say "hey everybody, there's some cool clips of Eddie & Roger on Youtube you should go check out". Everyone knows how to use Youtube.

Question - Are these Daltry's shows where Eddie has shown up, or Vedder's shows that Roger has shown up? The first shouldn't be a problem, but the second goes against the expressed wishes of the artist himself. Why don't you just respect that instead of trying to compare the situation to his immature 14 year old self.

Well done.
    Run for it, Marty.
  • Options

I think we have all had our fill of your tired videos. If we want to see them, we can always see your double posts on Facebook. I

actually lots of people enjoy them so I could care less if you don't or the others that feel the same, because if it makes even one person happier it is well worth it
  • Options
    You don't post with the intention of making others happy. It's all about you.
    Run for it, Marty.
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,833

boyo79 said:

Nice video but admins will take it down very very soon!

yeah because they have nothing better to do with their sad existence, I forgot about the Eddie Vedder videos
    Consider for a moment while you criticize your own existence :-\" No need to knock the mods.
  • Options
    jamburger said:

well you can state it however you want, it is just a fancy way of excusing guy for selling out
  • Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181

100% agree. Never have seen the desire to watch entire shows, or clips, of any band. Just doesn't do it for me. Pearl Jam Twenty was cool, but I have only watch it a couple times. To each their own though.
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,293
    EV has every right to ban recodings of his shows. When you purchase a ticket you are agreeing to the rules of the venue and the artist.

If you have ever been to an EV solo show, you would know that he wants his concerts to be a have a very intimate feel. He does not want people flashing cameras and holding up their phones to record every song. He wants the show to be about sharing music and personal stories.
  • Options
    jjflash said:

boyo79 said:

yeah because they have nothing better to do with their sad existence, I forgot about the Eddie Vedder videos
    Consider for a moment while you criticize your own existence :-\" No need to knock the mods.
    well if all I had to do was play moral police all day, I would consider that a sad existence, obviously we don't live in as free of a society as we are led to believe
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    PJ-Cubs said:

EV has every right to ban recodings of his shows. When you purchase a ticket you are agreeing to the rules of the venue and the artist.

If you have ever been to an EV solo show, you would know that he wants his concerts to be a have a very intimate feel. He does not want people flashing cameras and holding up their phones to record every song. He wants the show to be about sharing music and personal stories.

that is his right, I just disagree with it, and it should be my right to be able to do so
    Post edited by Big Bank Hank on
  • Options
    PJ-Cubs said:

well said.

Run for it, Marty.
  • Options
    <

PJ-Cubs said:

that is his right, I just disagree with it, and it should be my right to be able to do so
    It is your right to disagree with his rules, but it does not mean you can break them without consequences (especially on his band's website).
  • Options
    well if all I had to do was play moral police all day, I would consider that a sad existence, obviously we don't live in as free of a society as we are led to believe

Funny, I was thinking the same thing about people that sit around all day and post YouTube videos on message boards and then get mad when the moderator of the board removes them due to board policies

Milwaukee -- 07-08-1995 -- Salt Lake City - 1996 (Brad)-- Kansas City 07-03-1998-- Maryland Heights 07-02-1998-- Minneapolis 06-30-1998-- Alpine Valley 1999 - Tibet Freedom Concert (Eddie Solo)-- Kansas City 10-12-2000-- East Troy 10-08-2000-- Chicago 06-18-2003-- Council Bluffs 06-13-2003-- Bonner Springs 06-12-2003-- St. Paul 06-26-2006-- Milwaukee 06-30-2006-- Chicago 08-24-2009-- Kansas City 05-03-2010-- East Troy 09-03-2011-- East Troy 09-04-2011-- Chicago 07-19-2013-- Lincoln 10-9-2014 -- Moline 10-17-2014 -- Chicago 08-20-2016 -- Chicago 08-22-2016
  • Options
    jamburgerjamburger Posts: 1,775

jjflash said:

boyo79 said:

No one's led you to believe that though when posting here. You are on the band's private website (public for viewing, private for posting) and you've agreed to some rules by doing so. And I am DEFINITELY not one to normally go defending this Club or it's actions, but you are really out of line with your thinking and commentary here.

• Options
    TribeintoBreathTribeintoBreath Posts: 882
    edited January 2014
    Do people remember the days before Hank discovered Pearl Jam and showed up in the forum? Man, those were good days.
    Post edited by TribeintoBreath on
    Run for it, Marty.
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,691

Do you need another "time out?"

if standing up for what is right gets me exiled, so be it, I am not going to compromise my principles and beliefs to allow censorship to be promoted on the website for a band that has always spoken out so fiercely against it, obviously you have forgotten what Pearl Jam is suppose to be about: love, sharing and freedom of expression, not oppression, and at least I stand up for what I believe, unlike others who go and whine to the mods anything is posted that in some way different from what they believe, enjoy your close minded universe, you are promoting censorship with your comment, and that makes me feel sad for you
    Dude you need to get a grip.

Respect the artists wishes. Is that too much to ask?

You think he still believes in everything he did at 14?

• Options
    edited January 2014

Funny, I was thinking the same thing about people that sit around all day and post YouTube videos on message boards and then get mad when the moderator of the board removes them due to board policies

actually I work 12 hours a day just happen to have a day off today, but actually I have a pretty awesome existence, so worry about yourself, I am more than good, I did not have a single bad day in all of 2013, can you say the same? actually I have not had any videos removed in at least 8 months, so stop living in the past, and see things as they really are, but I doubt you possess those capabilities from all the comments I have ever seen from you
    Post edited by Big Bank Hank on
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    Hank, I need another Toronto 2009 video. Bee girl by Ed and Jeff.
    Thanks
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    jamburger said:

jjflash said:

boyo79 said:

No one's led you to believe that though when posting here. You are on the band's private website (public for viewing, private for posting) and you've agreed to some rules by doing so. And I am DEFINITELY not one to normally go defending this Club or it's actions, but you are really out of line with your thinking and commentary here.

maybe so, everything I am saying now is the things the band has always promoted, and maybe they have changed their philosophies and don't want open expression, just want people saying "Pearl Jam is perfect, they can walk on water and never make any mistakes, and have never made a bad song"
  • Options
    Nami said:

Hank, I need another Toronto 2009 video. Bee girl by Ed and Jeff.
    Thanks

happily
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vghIAMCQMac
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,513
    I don't blame the mods or 10C for this at all. They are just doing what EV requested, presumably. I admit, I do not understand why Eddie is strict about his solo stuff given the position he used to have about this stuff, but hey... it's his work and it's his right to try and keep people from taking it without paying.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    aennilaennil Posts: 415
    Isn't the band very much against unofficial bootlegs ??
    -and that is one of the reasons why they make their own...
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

I don't blame the mods or 10C for this at all. They are just doing what EV requested, presumably. I admit, I do not understand why Eddie is strict about his solo stuff given the position he used to have about this stuff, but hey... it's his work and it's his right to try and keep people from taking it without paying.

I get that but when you already have more money than you and your kids could ever hope to spend, don't really see the point, and Pearl Jam's resurgence is in part to all the free promotion they get from youtube videos

• Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    That was awesome... man so insane that show was... PJ opening for PJ.
    So glad there is video to relive it over and over.
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    aennil said:

Isn't the band very much against unofficial bootlegs ??
    -and that is one of the reasons why they make their own...

no, they allow it as long as you don't try to profit from it, just not official bootlegs they are selling in the 10c
  • Options
    Nami said:

That was awesome... man so insane that show was... PJ opening for PJ.
    So glad there is video to relive it over and over.

and that is why even thought I would never record a show because I get too into it, I appreciate and support those who do
  • Options
    actually the mods are all cool people, but seriously having to respond to all the flagged posts, 90% or more of which are completely unwarranted has to totally suck, if they did not have to spend all that time wasted, I am sure they could use that time to make the 1Oc better, which is what I want
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

I get that but when you already have more money than you and your kids could ever hope to spend, don't really see the point, and Pearl Jam's resurgence is in part to all the free promotion they get from youtube videos

Again, it is not about the money for EV. It is about the experience that EV wants at his shows - an intimate gathering without cameras flashing and phones being held in the air to record the concert.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    PJ-Cubs said:

PJ_Soul said:

Again, it is not about the money for EV. It is about the experience that EV wants at his shows - an intimate gathering without cameras flashing and phones being held in the air to record the concert.
    I understand that part but if they do it and no one notices, why be so militant about removing them?
This discussion has been closed.