Options

"I Won't Back Down" Gorge... Download?

Coltrane61Coltrane61 Posts: 4
edited June 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Is IWBD available in the download of the Gorge? I don't see it listed...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    might have some copyright issues w/ it ... sadly =(
  • Options
    might have some copyright issues w/ it ... sadly =(
    Damn that Tom Petty! LOL!
  • Options
    ah i just read in another post that it's attached to another song but not listed. yay.
  • Options
    I think that song is available on Itunes for the 2003 shows so i don't see why it wouldn't be available this time.
    The Man has a branch office in each of our brains, his corporate emblem is a white albatross, each local rep has a cover known as the Ego, and their mission in this world is Bad Shit.
  • Options
    Tom KTom K Posts: 842
    They said it is attached.. but it isn't after betterman or before Last Kiss..I can't find it. It was on bootlegs from last tour when they played it.(I think it is) I don't see the difference now
    I'm gone ..Long gone..This time I'm letting go of it all...So long...Cause this time I'm gone
  • Options
    I'm sure we'll all listen to it and we'll be pleasantly suprised... ;)
    When this just feels like spinning plates.
  • Options
    Bird33Bird33 Posts: 120
    I'm sure we'll all listen to it and we'll be pleasantly suprised... ;)

It's on there the Blind says it is!!!!! :D
  • Options
    It's on there the Blind says it is!!!!! :D

(*Shhhhh....I haven't actually gotten there yet...I'm just trying to calm the people down*)

;) I love winking...
  • Options
    (*Shhhhh....I haven't actually gotten there yet...I'm just trying to calm the people down*)

;) I love winking...

I hear ya brotha ;)
  • Options
    JD SalJD Sal Posts: 790
    Well, I finished the download and it's actually not there :(

Not sure what's up - some songs are grouped together under the same MP3, like LBC, Insignificance.mp3 but I Won't Back Down is missing completely
    "If no one sees you, you're not here at all"
  • Options
    That sucks. Blind is lying.
  • Options
    Well damn... we know they are going to end up playing all kinds of covers... and if some of those arent going to be included, then that really sucks.
    The Man has a branch office in each of our brains, his corporate emblem is a white albatross, each local rep has a cover known as the Ego, and their mission in this world is Bad Shit.
  • Options
    JD SalJD Sal Posts: 790
    Ok, I just looked thru the setlist in the Pearl Jam Live window and I Won't Back Down is not listed as one of the songs.

I guess we're not getting it. Are we sure they actually played it last night?
    "If no one sees you, you're not here at all"
  • Options
    Maybe it'll get released in stores... ;)
  • Options
    JD Sal wrote:
    Ok, I just looked thru the setlist in the Pearl Jam Live window and I Won't Back Down is not listed as one of the songs.

Yes, it was played, and dedicated to Cindy Sheehan, from what I've heard
    Life reveals what is dealt through seasons
    Circle comes around each time
  • Options
    Yes, it was played, and dedicated to Cindy Sheehan, from what I've heard

I was there, and that is correct. Maybe Tom is upset, because Tom Petty is playing the Gorge tonight, and was staying a hotel near enough to hear the concert, and all throughout the show Eddie kept talking about how he wanted to keep him up, and had us chanting "Hello Tom, come down, Tom." So he's probably angry.
  • Options
    If it's not on there, I'm not buying the show. Call me anal, but I won't download shows, even audience boots, unless they are complete. I'll wait for a decent audience recording to surface.

I couldn't stand the fact that Arc was not included on the boots in '03 either and I certainly will be bummed if this becomes commonplace.

It's great they're releasing the shows so soon for download, and I hope everybody else enjoys what's available. I just hope that all songs are available in the future.
  • Options
    I was there, and that is correct. Maybe Tom is upset, because Tom Petty is playing the Gorge tonight, and was staying a hotel near enough to hear the concert, and all throughout the show Eddie kept talking about how he wanted to keep him up, and had us chanting "Hello Tom, come down, Tom." So he's probably angry.

I've stayed at the only hotel in George and I don't think he would have been able to hear it. When I went to the beer garden, the sound dampened. So maybe... maybe not. I haven't been able to get the encore break 2 yet like others... could it be on there? He played it when he came back from break.
    I'm Eric.

Gorge 9/1/05
    Gorge 7/22/06
    Seattle 9/22/09
    Portland 7/14/11 (Ed Solo)
    Seattle 7/15/11 (Ed Solo)
    Bridge School 10/23/11 (Ed Solo)
    Las Vegas 10/31/12 (Ed Solo)
    Las Vegas 11/1/12 (Ed Solo)
  • Options
    JD Sal wrote:

I was there, they absolutely played it along with 20,000 plus fans singing along with ed, it was great.
  • Options
    nucmed24 wrote:
    I've stayed at the only hotel in George and I don't think he would have been able to hear it. When I went to the beer garden, the sound dampened. So maybe... maybe not. I haven't been able to get the encore break 2 yet like others... could it be on there? He played it when he came back from break.
    it's not on the dl, I checked, if you listen carefully there is an edit break where eddie actually payed IWBD, instead it cuts to last kiss.
  • Options
    it's not on the dl, I checked, if you listen carefully there is an edit break where eddie actually payed IWBD, instead it cuts to last kiss.

Damn it. I wonder if there will be a way to get it.
    I'm Eric.

Gorge 9/1/05
    Gorge 7/22/06
    Seattle 9/22/09
    Portland 7/14/11 (Ed Solo)
    Seattle 7/15/11 (Ed Solo)
    Bridge School 10/23/11 (Ed Solo)
    Las Vegas 10/31/12 (Ed Solo)
    Las Vegas 11/1/12 (Ed Solo)
  • Options
    nucmed24 wrote:
    Damn it. I wonder if there will be a way to get it.

Guess we'll have to wait for some audience recordings to come out. I'm sure it'll be out there somewhere, eventually. Just not soundboard quality.
  • Options
    i was wondering the same thing, and it kind of pisses me off it wasnt there. i thought it was a really powerful point in the concert...i hope someone in the audience was recording, id like to hear it again at some point.
    "last stop on the west coast line, just south of the northern border" = Gorge I and II, 2006

I sometimes wonder why there isn't a Tee-pees R Us.
  • Options
    I heard there was a problem with the sound equiptment while recording that song so they had to exclude it...
    2003/04/28 - The Spectrum - Philadelphia, PA
    2004/10/01 - Sovereign Center - Reading, PA
    2005/09/01 - The Gorge - George, WA
    2006/05/28 - Tweeter Center - Camden, NJ
    2008/06/18 - Susquehanna Center - Camden, NJ
    2008/06/24 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY