Pot Stocks

Anyone else investing in these stocks? If not I highly (pardon the pun) suggest to do so.

Comments

• my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    any good examples off the top of your head?
  • shadowcastshadowcast Posts: 2,170
    edited January 2014
    FSPM
    GWPRF
    MJNA
    PHOT
    TRTC

Not only look at companies that produce it. Look at companies that make the lights, nutrients, water systems and green houses. Here is the good part. They are mostly penny stocks. So get they before they hit the DOW/NASDAQ. But also do your own research.
    Post edited by shadowcast on
  • IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317
    Good idea, thanks.
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Excellent, thanks!

Will see if I can get these through my 401K.

(ps - damn you, new format! *shakes fist*)
    Got my eyes on FSPM, liking its movement.
    Check out MDBX. It is in beast mode right now!!!
    TRTC is also up 33% today.
    Cool, I've added them to my 'watchlist',

btw keep an eye on DDD, 3D Systems, its a long term stock (2-4-6 years)

as 3D printing grows, so should this stock. Its my one long term stock. Other stocks I have I trade daily.

Only thing, its not a penny stock...

edited January 2014
    Thank you! I will look into that as I always thought 3D printing is very interesting. Another stock that I find interesting is Roundy's RNDY. They have bought the majority of the Dominicks food stores here in the Chicagoland area and might be on the up and up.
  • Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504

Anyone else investing in these stocks? If not I highly (pardon the pun) suggest to do so.

looking into it., back in the 70's and 80's I didn't think I would ever live to see this day,I wonder how long before it becomes legal nation wide ? California will be a mecca for pot growers...fallbrook and northern Cali will friggin boom...you guys were right I respectfully admit.
    http://money.cnn.com/2014/01/07/investing/marijuana-stocks/index.html?hpt=hp_t3

Godfather.

Off to a good start today. Just bought GRNH. Really looking to drop $$$$ into MDBX.
  • a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,833
    can I ask what service you use to buy? e-trade etc?
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

10% market correction coming? Some seem to think so...Personally I thought we would have a correction in 2013, but I can see it happening this year.

But probably more than 10%, maybe 15-25%...ah, lets see.

a5pj said:

can I ask what service you use to buy? e-trade etc?

I'm with TD Ameritrade,

I checked a few others out, but TD for me (overall) was the best option. Fidelity is suppose to also be good, I may give em a go later in the year.

Only issue I have with TD is the mobile app for windows phone kinda sucks.
    I may give e-trade a shot also, they have generally good user reviews.
    so if I understand it right, basically every time you want to buy or sell a stock there's a fee that goes with it?

I use etrade. It's $9.99 per transaction. So if you buy two different company stocks at the same time its' $9.99 per company. What I did was instead of giving 12% to my 401k I lowered it to 10% and took that extra money and started investing it myself. I have done endless research on the companies I have invested in and I actually find it quite fun. The thing is with these penny stocks is that they are not regulated so they risky...so they say. The two out of all the pot stock I think are good business men and truly care about their business in TRTC and PHOT. They are very honest reporting numbers and what they are doing. I got a letter in the mail for investors to come see their new green houses in Cali. I'm thinking is some of these early pot companies have a leg up on the big corporations and they will be bought out. That is when these penny stocks might boom.
    edited January 2014

I have done endless research on the companies I have invested in and I actually find it quite fun. The thing is with these penny stocks is that they are not regulated so they risky...so they say. The two out of all the pot stock I think are good business men and truly care about their business in TRTC and PHOT. They are very honest reporting numbers and what they are doing. I got a letter in the mail for investors to come see their new green houses in Cali. I'm thinking is some of these early pot companies have a leg up on the big corporations and they will be bought out. That is when these penny stocks might boom.

yeah that's the idea, have bigger corporations buy em out, and it will probably happen sooner than we think!

Penny stocks (from my experience) tend to be quite volatile in nature, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

2013 I was mainly in tech stocks, this year I'd like to branch out more, starting with these stocks you've been mentioning, another week of research and I'll jump on em.
    Post edited by Idris on
    Excellent, thank you.
  • a5pj said:

so if I understand it right, basically every time you want to buy or sell a stock there's a fee that goes with it?

Don't take unsolicited stock advise if you arn't even clear on this. Just my opnion

Memorial Stadium, Seattle - Jul 21 22, 1998
    Key Arena - Nov 05, 2000
    Gorge Amphitheater - Sep 01, 2005, Jul 22,23, 2006
    Key Arena - Sept 21,22, 2009
    Alpine Valley - Sept 3, 4 2011

a5pj said:

Don't take unsolicited stock advise if you arn't even clear on this. Just my opnion

Thanks for looking out, Just thinking of dipping my toe in the water. Doing my own research and such.

Thanks all for the start.

a5pj said:

a5pj said:

Thanks for looking out, Just thinking of dipping my toe in the water. Doing my own research and such.

Thanks all for the start.
    It took me just over 2 years to learn and understand the stock market and feel comfortable enough to start trading etc, I didn't just jump into it, like you said, start softly, feel it out, dip those toes.

I'm not saying that everyone needs two years of learning the markets, but taking time is not a bad thing. Slow and steady.

having said that, a friend of mine jumped in a few months ago with 3k, and he's doing quite well. (I started Off with 1300)

edited January 2014

Why is my image not showing? I have the URL and it is not a big pic.
    Flurry of petitions propel medical marijuana toward Florida ballot,

(headline from Florida :)

Still many hurdles ahead, but its a big step and quite exciting.
  • Medical marijuana is being propelled forward by executive order in the state of NY. The governor has done a 180 on his position now in favor. :)
    They were up BIG today but they just took a shit. Can still rally today. Stocks are fucking cRaZy.....I almost think that big buyers try to manipulate prices by buying or dumping shares. But I am holding on and not selling!!!!
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

Medical marijuana is being propelled forward by executive order in the state of NY. The governor has done a 180 on his position now in favor. :)

Good! Because really - what is the downside?

My back has been spasming pretty bad since Wednesday, so much that I stayed home from work yesterday. Took a muscle relaxer here and there, but the benefits of smoking strong Indica throughout the day are unmistakable.

And the fact that I'm heading to the dispensary this evening to re-stock is priceless.

• hedonist said:

Medical marijuana is being propelled forward by executive order in the state of NY. The governor has done a 180 on his position now in favor. :)

Good! Because really - what is the downside?

My back has been spasming pretty bad since Wednesday, so much that I stayed home from work yesterday. Took a muscle relaxer here and there, but the benefits of smoking strong Indica throughout the day are unmistakable.

And the fact that I'm heading to the dispensary this evening to re-stock is priceless.

Lucky you!