Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Comments

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    I enjoy it when Eddie fucks up lyrics. It makes me laugh. :P And I love all the talking he does on stage. :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • QA185761QA185761 Posts: 271
    It's frustrating that while your at the local restaurant/pub before a concert there are some people there too doing the same thing but they ask you "Is Pearl Jam good"? it is my first concert.

I don't know whether to smile and nod or to let em have it.
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,339
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    I enjoy it when Eddie fucks up lyrics. It makes me laugh. :P And I love all the talking he does on stage. :)

I like that too. This is why I always wanted to see a show in the US. He tends to talk more over here than in countries where he doesn't know if people understand what he says.

I love that shows like QOTSA are 18 years and older. While I know some really cool parents with awesome children at PJ shows, I do enjoy some dirty talk and swearing from my front man and would love to have a PJ 18 years and + show...
  • vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,425
    Brendan Obrien makes the difference between a good record and a great record
  • I think if Sleeping By Myself were a Xmas single or B-side people would think it was much cooler.

We know there are many unreleased songs - Of The Earth is one example - so I'm just surprised they went with Sleeping By Myself.

The No Code / Yield reissues are going to be epic and I've been waiting for these since 1998.
    "Mark it 20, Dude."
    I'm sorry Eddie, but I don't like the song 'Gone'.
    If this thread gets locked we are all locked.
  • darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,465
    1/2 of Lightning Bolt is an Eddie solo album.
  • mcgavinjmcgavinj Idaho Falls, ID, USA Posts: 311
    arms aloft at pj20 was the single biggest buzzkill in the history of live music performance.
    I agree!
    How do you start a petition to stop a petition?
  • Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
    Unthought Known gets played nearly every show, and they never play Marker In The Sand, why Ed? why? why?
  • mcgavinj wrote:
    arms aloft at pj20 was the single biggest buzzkill in the history of live music performance.
    I agree!
    Followed closely by Setting Forth at Wrigley.
    Good evening...
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    simmers33 wrote:
    mcgavinj wrote:
    I agree!
    Followed closely by Setting Forth at Wrigley.
    The three hour weather delay during a heat wave didn't help either. :lol:;)

Wrigley was epic... literally. :D
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • PJammer4lifePJammer4life Los Angeles Posts: 2,578
    There should be a $125 annual membership option where you get the Holiday Single on vinyl AND 2 Vault Concerts on Vinyl every year only for members in this tier.(This membership becomes your limited preorder)
    Bridge Benefit 1994, San Francisco 1995, San Diego 1995 1 & 2, Missoula 1998, Los Angeles 2000, San Diego 2000, Eddie Vedder/Beck 2/26/2002, Santa Barbara 2003, Irvine 2003, San Diego 2003, Vancouver 2005, Gorge 2005, San Diego 2006, Los Angeles 2006 1 & 2, Santa Barbara 2006, Eddie Vedder 4/10/08, Eddie Vedder 4/12/08, Eddie Vedder 4/15/08, 7/12/2008, SF 8/28/09, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/1/09, LA 10/06/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09, Eddie Vedder 7/6/2011, Eddie Vedder 7/8/2011, PJ20 9/3/2011, PJ20 9/4/2011, Vancouver 9/25/2011, San Diego 11/21/13, LA 11/24/13, Ohana 9/25/21, Ohana 9/26/21, Ohana 10/1/21, EV 2/17/22, LA Forum 5/6/22, LA Forum 5/7/22, EV 10/1/22, EV 9/30/23
  • wvueers1wvueers1 Phoenix, AZ Posts: 61
    edited December 2013
    Without Vitalogy there would be no PJ as we know it today. That is why it is my favorite. If they had made another that sounded similar to Ten or Vs. I think their popularity would be vastly different today.

Riot Act is phenomenal.

Pearl Jam (self titled) is fantastic.

I do not like Let the Records Play. I do not like it Sam I Am.

Although Backspacer gets a lot of grief I listen to and enjoy approximately the same number of tracks as I do on Vs.

Also it really irritates me that my avatar doesn't show up . . . regardless of the picture I use.

Oh, I also greatly enjoy Undone. Great tune.
    Post edited by wvueers1 on
    Fan since the beginning, but 1st PJ concert ever -- Phoenix, AZ 11-19-13

Love boat captain
    Take the reigns,.. steer us towards the clear.

M.Y.T.H. is
    Belief in the game controls that keeps us in a box of fear

tumblr_mtr7i1ZXuo1r0d33so1_400.gif
    Pearl jam should pioneer the concept of 'on demand vinyl'
  • Gold 26Gold 26 Posts: 676
    You all underrate Hitchhiker, it's superb.
    All my favourite singers have stolen all of my best lines.
  • vaggar99 wrote:

they should pioneer on demand video downloads using the arena's camera footage. edited on the fly during the show, soundboard audio. should be a piece of piss if they can work it into the touring contracts.
    Yeh I've seen Pearl Jam, too. But I can't remember the dates.
    vaggar99 wrote:

they should pioneer on demand video downloads using the arena's camera footage. edited on the fly during the show, soundboard audio. should be a piece of piss if they can work it into the touring contracts.

yes, this too. still gotta sound good!!
  • vaggar99 wrote:
    The Black Box should be available to all.

what is the "Black Box"?

There are threads about it that pop up from time to time. Allegedly, there is a secret society of fans that hold this and selectively share it. It is an external hard drive with audio and/or video from every show PJ has ever done. Some of which are without crowd noise straight from the soundboard. I repeat, it should be available to all instead of being selectively shared based on your level of fandom.
    "Not only do you have sunshine but you have better thunder...fuckers." -Ed, Phx 10/21/00
    PJ * 10/21/00 - Phx * 6/7/03 - Phx * 6/29/06 - Milwaukee * 6/30/06 - Milwaukee * 11/19/13 - Phx *
    EV * 11/4/12 - Phx, AZ *
  • DURPDURP OhighO Posts: 2,180
    Pearl Jam should do a horror movie
    My butt itches!
  • jumbojetjumbojet Posts: 1,484
    I check the videos, photos from 90's and from now and I cannot believe they're the same band. They feel so different.

Apparently life is a long journey.
    What's your part, who you are?

2012: Arras, Berlin 1-2
    2013: Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires
    2014: Milano, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: NY MSG 1
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,860
    I would not cry a tear if I ever hear the below songs live ever again
    Daughter
    Jeremy
    Alive
    DO THE EVOLUTION (I am so sick of this live)
    Wishlist

I think the band sleepwalks through these songs and shows no Energy. They quite frankly bore me when they come up in a set. When Stone and Mike both look like they are at a dentist appointment during a song, time to retire it
  • YefaYefa Posts: 1,133
    Unless you have an audio system that costs thousands of dollars, there is no discernible sound difference between a vinyl and a CD of the same album.
    You see me empty, Sir, do not pause and inquire, simply assume and refill.
    - Al Swearengen

http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com
  • RatherBeRatherBe Posts: 270
    Pearl Jam is the best band in the known universe.
    It's a disease and they're all green, it emanates from their being...
  • DURPDURP OhighO Posts: 2,180
    Stone looks like he has a stick up his ass most of the time.
    My butt itches!
    vaggar99 wrote:

what is the "Black Box"?

There are threads about it that pop up from time to time. Allegedly, there is a secret society of fans that hold this and selectively share it. It is an external hard drive with audio and/or video from every show PJ has ever done. Some of which are without crowd noise straight from the soundboard. I repeat, it should be available to all instead of being selectively shared based on your level of fandom.

interesting
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    vaggar99 wrote:

what is the "Black Box"?

Anyone who needs that much Pearl Jam music needs to get a life, especially if they are purposefully not sharing due to some fandom scale.

NEWSFLASH! THIS JUST IN! HOT OFF THE PRESSES!! - 95% of the PJ catalog is played the same in 2013 as it was since they first played it.
  • shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    i don't understand what it is that makes a song like all or none awesome, but then sirens is not

i also feel that it sounds like ed's singing on lightning bolt was just phoned in
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • papa_pearls_jam.pj20papa_pearls_jam.pj20 Chicago USA Posts: 2,142
    After this thread, I find all other threads rubbish.
    Posimists. Fuck the pessimists...fuck'em.
This discussion has been closed.