Studio Albums & Lost Dogs: You Ranked Em' Final Results:

Comments

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    Vacuum%20Surprise.gif
    :lol::lol: Never gets old.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Vacuum%20Surprise.gif
    :lol::lol: Never gets old.
    sure doesn't :corn:
    Tim%20Duncan%20Cure%20Baldness.gif
    Boy%20Stage%20Fall.gif
    tumblr_lt17j4r7Uh1r0d33so1_400.gif
    tumblr_lwbt7phhoY1qba2aio2_500.gif
  • jimc3jimc3 Posts: 230
    I used http://www.pearljamsongranker.com for this mostly scientific analysis.

1.) [Lost Dogs] - has 4 of my top 10 Pearl Jam songs (if you replace the terrible instrumental version of Brother)
    2.) Ten - widely regarded as one of the Top 100 albums ever (has 3 of my top 10 )
    3.) Vs. - has 2 of my top 10
    4.) No Code - 5 songs in my Top 50
    5.) Vitalogy - 3 songs in my top 20 (would be higher were it not for Stupid Mop)
    6.) Yield - 9 songs in my Top 100
    7.) Lightning Bolt - Based mostly on how much I like Infallible and the strong nature of the other tunes. 8 songs make my top 100.
    8.) Pearl Jam - 2 songs in my top 20
    9.) Backspacer - 3 songs in my Top 50
    10.) Riot Act - only one song in my Top 50 (and only 6 in the top 100)
    11.) Binaural - also only one song in my Top 50 (but only 5 make the Top 100)

but an album is more than the sum of it's individual parts. Lost Dogs has tons of great individual songs, but to say it's a whole work of art like Vitalogy, No Code, Yield, Binaural and even Riot Act is crazy.

that's why I made 2 lists. including Lost Dogs in the analysis just made this whole premise difficult to deal with.
    jimc3 wrote:
    I used http://www.pearljamsongranker.com for this mostly scientific analysis.

1.) [Lost Dogs] - has 4 of my top 10 Pearl Jam songs (if you replace the terrible instrumental version of Brother)
    2.) Ten - widely regarded as one of the Top 100 albums ever (has 3 of my top 10 )
    3.) Vs. - has 2 of my top 10
    4.) No Code - 5 songs in my Top 50
    5.) Vitalogy - 3 songs in my top 20 (would be higher were it not for Stupid Mop)
    6.) Yield - 9 songs in my Top 100
    7.) Lightning Bolt - Based mostly on how much I like Infallible and the strong nature of the other tunes. 8 songs make my top 100.
    8.) Pearl Jam - 2 songs in my top 20
    9.) Backspacer - 3 songs in my Top 50
    10.) Riot Act - only one song in my Top 50 (and only 6 in the top 100)
    11.) Binaural - also only one song in my Top 50 (but only 5 make the Top 100)

but an album is more than the sum of it's individual parts. Lost Dogs has tons of great individual songs, but to say it's a whole work of art like Vitalogy, No Code, Yield, Binaural and even Riot Act is crazy.

that's why I made 2 lists. including Lost Dogs in the analysis just made this whole premise difficult to deal with.
    it's okay we got enough people to vote to get a good sample study, besides I think the most peoples lists change, I know mine do, but if you tell me that Vs, No Code and Yield are the 3 best albums, I can live with that, those are the only 3 albums that I love every single song on
    sorry if this gets old, but it really deserves it :D
    807b6f98.jpg
    champion.jpg
    vsc9dBsjH.gif
    CdJKR3Fjt.gif
  • marjenmarjen CT Posts: 792
    I am really surprised at the lack of love that Backspacer gets. For me its WAY above Riot Act, which would not make my top 50 (I would throw boot after boot above that one), above binaural and maybe lost dogs. Its got some really solid songs on it and beginning to end does not really have any major clunkers (except speed of sound). How can an album with Force of Nature, Got Some, Supersonic and Unknown Thought be that bad??
    marjen wrote:
    I am really surprised at the lack of love that Backspacer gets. For me its WAY above Riot Act, which would not make my top 50 (I would throw boot after boot above that one), above binaural and maybe lost dogs. Its got some really solid songs on it and beginning to end does not really have any major clunkers (except speed of sound). How can an album with Force of Nature, Got Some, Supersonic and Unknown Thought be that bad??
    :shock:
  • QA185761QA185761 Posts: 271
    marjen wrote:
    I am really surprised at the lack of love that Backspacer gets. Its got some really solid songs on it and beginning to end does not really have any major clunkers (except speed of sound). How can an album with Force of Nature, Got Some, Supersonic and Unknown Thought be that bad??

agreed
    marjen wrote:
    :shock: :shock:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    Trust%20Fall%20Rule%20Number%20One.gif
  • wvueers1wvueers1 Phoenix, AZ Posts: 61
    A little late to the party, but as it stands today:

1) Lost Dogs
    2) Riot Act
    3) Lightening Bolt
    4) Yield
    5) Pearl Jam
    6) No Code
    7) Vitalogy
    8) Ten
    9) Backspacer
    10) Binaural
    11) Vs
    Fan since the beginning, but 1st PJ concert ever -- Phoenix, AZ 11-19-13

Love boat captain
    Take the reigns,.. steer us towards the clear.

M.Y.T.H. is
    Belief in the game controls that keeps us in a box of fear

tumblr_mtr7i1ZXuo1r0d33so1_400.gif
    edited January 2014
    A gift for those who read my posts
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bngvXhuJmi0
  • margen said listen
    edited January 2014
  • Let the giffs play
    remember this thread? this was fun
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434

Binaural
    Vs
    Yield
    No Code
    Riot Act
    Ten
    Lost Dogs
    Vitalogy
    Pearl Jam
    Lightning Bolt
    Backspacer

+1
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
    My list has changed. :)

Riot Act
    Binaural
    No Code
    Yield
    Pearl Jam
    Lost Dogs
    Vs.
    Ten
    Vitalogy
    Lightning Bolt
    Backspacer
    PJ_Soul said:

Riot Act
    Binaural
    No Code
    Yield
    Pearl Jam
    Lost Dogs
    Vs.
    Ten
    Vitalogy
    Lightning Bolt
    Backspacer

lol, I am not re-adding up the points, it was a pain in the ass to assign point values to each vote, but of course as Pearl Jam fans we always change our minds, it wouldn't change the final order anyway, there was enough of a point differential
  • JP33JP33 Posts: 1,348
    QA185761 said:

1. Pearl Jam
    2. Yield
    3. Falla sheep
    4. Vitalogy
    5. Backspacer
    6. LB
    7. No Code
    8. Riot Act
    9. Binaural
    10. Ten
    11. Lost

Don't know how the whole thread concurs backspacer is last. I put it pleasantly in the middle. Because you can't be neutral on a moving train.

Right on for Avocado number 1!
  • JP33JP33 Posts: 1,348
    JP33 said:

QA185761 said:

1. Pearl Jam
    2. Yield
    3. Falla sheep
    4. Vitalogy
    5. Backspacer
    6. LB
    7. No Code
    8. Riot Act
    9. Binaural
    10. Ten
    11. Lost

Don't know how the whole thread concurs backspacer is last. I put it pleasantly in the middle. Because you can't be neutral on a moving train.

Right on for Avocado number 1!
    1 Pearl Jam
    2 No Code
    3 Vitalogy
    4 Lightning Bolt
    5 Yield
    6 Backspacer
    7 Ten
    8 VS
    9 Binaural
    10 Lost Dogs
    11 Riot Act
    edited August 2014

PJ_Soul said:

Riot Act
    Binaural
    No Code
    Yield
    Pearl Jam
    Lost Dogs
    Vs.
    Ten
    Vitalogy
    Lightning Bolt
    Backspacer

lol, I am not re-adding up the points, it was a pain in the ass to assign point values to each vote, but of course as Pearl Jam fans we always change our minds, it wouldn't change the final order anyway, there was enough of a point differential
    Lol. Oh, I didn't expect you to retabulate! I just couldn't leave my name in this thing where I had LB sitting above Ten in my list.... must have drunk when I posted that first time, lol!
    lol, no I wasn't upset I was tired that night when I responded