Options

Xmas Single 2013, alternative uses

10ctoronto10ctoronto Posts: 49
edited December 2013 in The Porch
I think I will use mine as a coaster. Any other ideas?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    How about being grateful you received a Christmas gift..

Bunch of spoiled brats
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Caveeze wrote:

Bunch of spoiled brats

:clap:

/thread
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    Clearly someone hasn't been paying attention for the last 22 years, or simply doesn't understand the spirit/reason they do these things...
  • Options
    jshinjshin Posts: 1,759
    10ctoronto wrote:
    I think I will use mine as a coaster. Any other ideas?

You must drink Fosters..
    I ain't got no fly'n shoes..

• Options
    jshinjshin Posts: 1,759
    I ain't got no fly'n shoes..

• Options
    CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    jshin wrote:

There you go! or, sell it on ebay for a few bucks and donate the money to a charity of your choice..
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • Options
    Sorry for having an opinion. I am usually happy with any release but not this one. Ultra rare is nice sometimes but not always. Throwing curveballs all the time can get old. I guess a surprise is nice for Christmas as long as it is not a lump of coal. Nobody is perfect and I am not going to bash them for it. But our collective two cents might help steer the direction of this boat. I think most fan members would agree with me that a better idea would have been an original Pearl Jam song. "Of The Earth" comes to mind or something else from the tour. Perhaps an awesome idea would be to give a bootleg show away for Xmas, download or hard copy. I know this would be straying away from the vinyl, but I think a lot of people would be happy. Cannot go wrong with a PJ show really.

As for the suggestion of selling and donating to charity. That is a great idea! Donate it on behalf of Pearl Jam to one of their charities.
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,846
    Caveeze wrote:

Bunch of spoiled brats

It's not a gift if you pay for it :lol:
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR A SINGLE TICKET TO MSG NIGHT 2

• Options
    JG108535JG108535 Posts: 184
    I hear you OP.....this is a one spin only and on the shelf it goes.
    Its not something that ill come home from work and be like....Oh yeah!....Time for some 99 Problems......

Now the 10" No Jeremy from a couple years ago........that spoiled us.
  • Options
    Would be more than happy if they gave a shirt to analog members this year or something other than a patch or sticker. It would make up for this release. I did not think I was that naughty this year, I guess I was wrong.
  • Options
    Yeah, that was a good one. And I actually kinda like "Happy When I'm Crying", although it had REM for some reason on it. Sure I like REM, but why?
  • Options
    HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,314
    Caveeze wrote:

Bunch of spoiled brats
    Mine cost $40. How'd you get yours as a gift?
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    Caveeze wrote:

Bunch of spoiled brats
    Mine cost $40. How'd you get yours as a gift?

Mine was $50 because of the extra $10 for shipping to Canada.
  • Options
    Caveeze wrote:

Bunch of spoiled brats

This is the silliest notion. So someone drops a deuce on your door step on the 24th and you should eat it?

And it's not a gift. It's paid for.

Follks can have opinions. Sometimes you get sunshine, sometimes you get onions. Life goes on. Why does it bother you so?
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    Your entitled to a Christmas 45 that you think is worthy?? Get real, you guys are spoiled it's sickening really.
    In my lifetime, I have conquered the Multiverse by force of trUth.
  • Options
    drummerboy_73drummerboy_73 Las Vegas, NV Posts: 2,011
    melted-record-boil.jpg

fruit-bowl-from-a-melted-vinyl-record-21264457.jpg
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)
  • Options
    melted-record-boil.jpg

fruit-bowl-from-a-melted-vinyl-record-21264457.jpg

a 45 single, will hold 1 lime.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,536
    Yeah, it's part of the membership fee, so i don't consider it a gift at all, and i don't feel bad for thinking the Xmas single stinks. I definitely don't think i'm a spoiled brat. 10c and pearl jam needs feedback for these kinds of things so they know what their paying members like and don't like when it comes to what is included in their membership fee (if they care about retaining and attracting members, that is). If that's not how they feel then they have their priorities wrong as far as the Ten Club goes.
    I might use mine to fan myself during the summer months.

(in the end, who cares, it's just a single, but expressing opinions is alright, so why not be honest and blunt in our reviews of this fan club membership merchandise??)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    Exactly the reason why I only pay 20. A chance for tickets and some merch once in a blue moon is all this man can ask
    for. These stupid singles are ridiculous, unless of course you own a jukebox. Just like the box set sevens. If things like these are some of the most important things in your life you should probably try a little harder- maybe work your ass off for a promotion at work. Or call your Dad. Or see how your sister's doing or maybe text her husband to go out for a beer. Jesus people look around you, there's more important shit than garbage on 7" of plastic.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    chinobaezachinobaeza Santiago Posts: 2,489
    jimed14 wrote:
    Caveeze wrote:

Bunch of spoiled brats

/thread
    I don't know you, but I pay every year to receive that single, by no means is a gift
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,744
    Caveeze wrote:

Bunch of spoiled brats

Oh no! Someone doesn't like the christmas single…what a monster!! Give me a fucking break.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,536
    Exactly the reason why I only pay 20. A chance for tickets and some merch once in a blue moon is all this man can ask
    for. These stupid singles are ridiculous, unless of course you own a jukebox. Just like the box set sevens. If things like these are some of the most important things in your life you should probably try a little harder- maybe work your ass off for a promotion at work. Or call your Dad. Or see how your sister's doing or maybe text her husband to go out for a beer. Jesus people look around you, there's more important shit than garbage on 7" of plastic.
    Judge much? Who said anyone thinks this shit is the most important thing in their lives? If people talk about something, that means it's central to the fullness of their life? Come on. This is an hobby for people. Don't you believe in hobbies? Honestly, some of the comments around here... :fp:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,956
    Anybody in the UK not wanting their copy please get in touch. maybe we can work out a trade :mrgreen:
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • Options
    tino_11 wrote:
    Anybody in the UK not wanting their copy please get in touch. maybe we can work out a trade :mrgreen:

Keep in mind they sometimes go on sale in the shop 3-5 months later
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    MG79478MG79478 Posts: 1,628
    Wow, I was thinking this was the best single ever. I was there and it was an amazing moment. Since they won't release the damn MIA bootleg, I'm very happy to have it!
  • Options
    GB45499GB45499 Posts: 232
    JG108535 wrote:
    I hear you OP.....this is a one spin only and on the shelf it goes.
    Its not something that ill come home from work and be like....Oh yeah!....Time for some 99 Problems......

Now the 10" No Jeremy from a couple years ago........that spoiled us.

:lol:

Maybe next year and beyond just put a Red Rocks boot on one side. Or both. Can't go wrong with that...
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Judge much? Who said anyone thinks this shit is the most important thing in their lives? If people talk about something, that means it's central to the fullness of their life? Come on. This is an hobby for people. Don't you believe in hobbies? Honestly, some of the comments around here... :fp:

Yes I believe in hobbies, but I don't believe in blowing my cash on crap and then bitching when it shows up. Hopefully that makes more sense to you.
  • Options
    OGT92OGT92 Posts: 1,588
    Remember when they sent out the single 4,5,6 months late and people bitched about that? I miss those days. At least they spent time on it to give us something good. Although it shouldn't have taken that long to give us No Jeremy and Falling Down since it was from a live concert 10 or so years ago. I am not a fan of the last 2 singles, and if makes me a bad guy for feeling that way, so be it. Part of the $40 I pay for membership goes to the single. I enjoy seeing what they put out, mostly.

So, go back to taking your time, and put out a good product. And if it's a live tune, make it a good one, at least one that Eddie is singing on. And backing vocals do not count!!!
    "I read about the evils of drinking, so I gave up reading." - Henry Youngman
  • Options
    HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,314
    10ctoronto wrote:
    Sorry for having an opinion. I am usually happy with any release but not this one. Ultra rare is nice sometimes but not always. Throwing curveballs all the time can get old. I guess a surprise is nice for Christmas as long as it is not a lump of coal. Nobody is perfect and I am not going to bash them for it. But our collective two cents might help steer the direction of this boat. I think most fan members would agree with me that a better idea would have been an original Pearl Jam song. "Of The Earth" comes to mind .........
    Maybe JZ released PJ's Of The Earth as his Christmas 45 to his fan base.
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    Sorry I was a dick. Just trying to get my house ready for our annual Christmas throwdown/ drunken dinocle and it's always stressful.

I don't think the band has much of a say in these singles anymore by the way. I may be wrong and of course that's cool if I am, but back in the day in the early 2000's and 90's it was all hands on. They sold it onward so they could focus on their families and their own lives. Blame the 10c, they're just doing whatever the hell they want to with this junk and laughing while fans all lose their shit over it. It's JayZ for christ's sake- do you need anymore proof that they don't care?!