The video for Shattered!

2»

Comments

• MattCam420 wrote:
    I look forward to getting the vinyl around August.

I think that this is a safe estimate, no? ;)

:lol: Indeed.
    "Music is the last true voice of the human spirit. It can go beyond language, beyond age, and beyond color straight to the mind and heart of all people." - Ben Harper
  • WhyGo91WhyGo91 Posts: 639
    aurynsdad wrote:
    Wow. That is incredibly embarrassing for her. Can't help but thinking eddies smirk is I can't believe I get to be inside this joke on this woman and her rich friends. 20 years ago I would have had to make fun of her from afar.

At least that's what I hope he's thinking.

I thought she was great.

No she wasn't. She wasn't even brave. It was nice she gave a shitload of money to do that and was willing to embarrass herself on video. So props for that kind gesture. But, other than the extra charity she performed by paying whatever was required to do a duet with Eddie at the benefit (which should not be overlooked or belittled), it was clearly an embarrassing performance. Why they would put this on a single for the club members is beyond me (not upset about it. It's not like I need to listen to it ever again, but still - there has to be 100 other things Ed has recorded over the last year - his kids laughing, him telling a joke, his wife reading a poem, a fart - that would have been far more entertaining and/or cuter than this).

We don't have to like everything the band or its members do. Though, I do applaud Eddie for being able to pull money from stupid people's pockets AND get them to be part of his joke.

Once again ladies and gentlemen, we have a fan that acts like he/she knows everything about the band and what they do!!! I applaud your effort to try and make us believe you know what this was and how she must have been feeling. Oh and dear god, thank you for telling us why Ed was smirking!!! You must be Nostradamus!!! I swear, you must be backstage at all these events just swapping jokes and stories with Ed. And you were part of this "joke" too right? I mean that's the only way you would know! Can you tell Ed I said hi? Oh, wait, he probably doesn't know me as good as he does you (cause you know, you guys are good chums and all).

*NOTE THE HEAVY SARCASM* :fp:
    446927_artist.jpg?0119
  • That was fun to watch, especially since it's for a good cause. Bravo to both of them. 8-)

And now I have the urge to watch Mickey Blue Eyes. :lol:
  • evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,836
    This is terrible....but still much better than Sirens.
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • WhyGo91 wrote:

Once again ladies and gentlemen, we have a fan that acts like he/she knows everything about the band and what they do!!! I applaud your effort to try and make us believe you know what this was and how she must have been feeling. Oh and dear god, thank you for telling us why Ed was smirking!!! You must be Nostradamus!!! I swear, you must be backstage at all these events just swapping jokes and stories with Ed. And you were part of this "joke" too right? I mean that's the only way you would know! Can you tell Ed I said hi? Oh, wait, he probably doesn't know me as good as he does you (cause you know, you guys are good chums and all).

*NOTE THE HEAVY SARCASM* :fp:
    :lol::lol::lol: lighten up, Francis. :lol::lol::lol:
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    I like it.

except for the fact that since I watched it, I have been walking around saying "shadooby" all night.. :twisted:
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • aurynsdad wrote:
    Wow. That is incredibly embarrassing for her. Can't help but thinking eddies smirk is I can't believe I get to be inside this joke on this woman and her rich friends. 20 years ago I would have had to make fun of her from afar.

I thought she was great.

No she wasn't. She wasn't even brave. It was nice she gave a shitload of money to do that and was willing to embarrass herself on video. So props for that kind gesture. But, other than the extra charity she performed by paying whatever was required to do a duet with Eddie at the benefit (which should not be overlooked or belittled), it was clearly an embarrassing performance. Why they would put this on a single for the club members is beyond me (not upset about it. It's not like I need to listen to it ever again, but still - there has to be 100 other things Ed has recorded over the last year - his kids laughing, him telling a joke, his wife reading a poem, a fart - that would have been far more entertaining and/or cuter than this).

We don't have to like everything the band or its members do. Though, I do applaud Eddie for being able to pull money from stupid people's pockets AND get them to be part of his joke.

She is a friend of Ed's and they're having fun. No need to construct a scenario where Ed is gaming the loser rich person. He's probably wealthier than she is, at any rate. And I liked it, and hey, that's my opinion so it's not "wrong". Personally, I like this way better than the A side- I actually prefer this silly version over the original which was always one of a few select RS songs that I don't care for at all.
    10/31/93 Berkeley (Baba!), 10/1/94 Bridge School, 9/16/96 Seattle (In My Tree!), 10/19/96 & 10/20/96 B. School (Alt Corduroy & Alt Porch!), 10/25/03 B. School, 6/1/03 Mtnview (Crazy Mary! You Are!), 11/29/13 Portland (All Those Yesterdays! Even Flow!), 10/25/14 Bridge School (Rain! Fuckin Up! TOTD!), 5/13/22 Oakland (W.M.A.! Immortality!)
  • aurynsdad wrote:

She is a friend of Ed's and they're having fun. No need to construct a scenario where Ed is gaming the loser rich person. He's probably wealthier than she is, at any rate. And I liked it, and hey, that's my opinion so it's not "wrong". Personally, I like this way better than the A side- I actually prefer this silly version over the original which was always one of a few select RS songs that I don't care for at all.
    Got it. I was wrong on my conjecture of what was going on. maybe I was being hopeful for eddies sake. Now that I realize you are right, I'm actually also embarrassed for Eddie and the bands decision to put this and jay z on a PJ fan club single. Awful.
    aurynsdad wrote:

Got it. I was wrong on my conjecture of what was going on. maybe I was being hopeful for eddies sake. Now that I realize you are right, I'm actually also embarrassed for Eddie and the bands decision to put this and jay z on a PJ fan club single. Awful.
    Haters gonna hate
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • fox_mulderXfox_mulderX Posts: 1,134
    I enjoyed it, but was it really THAT funny? I mean, the crowd laughed every time she opened her mouth. Settle down, people.
    I enjoyed it, but was it really THAT funny? I mean, the crowd laughed every time she opened her mouth. Settle down, people.
    two words:

Pot
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    Tht's one actually ;)
    JWPearl wrote:
    Tht's one actually ;)
    yeah.. someone needs more pot.. ;)
  • fox_mulderXfox_mulderX Posts: 1,134
    Caveeze wrote:
    two words:

Pot

Haha good point.
  • High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    evenflow82 wrote:
    This is terrible....but still much better than Sirens.

Oh snap! :lol:
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    Caveeze wrote:
    two words:

Pot

Ha ha! Yeah it was funny the first 10 seconds. I kinda feel bad for her now after reading all the backlash.

And Olympic Platinum, while it was a joke, is still golden to me.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • What I learned is that many people in this topic are no fun ;)

This was amusing and humorous
  • Just so we are clear on what imitating a well known vocalist looks like when it is in fact funny and could be further enhanced by pot:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kgoN-u_77N ... 3Dyoutu.be

You're welcome

(and, yes, Olympic Platinum is gold. Sorry for connecting it to this.)
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    that was fun,i like it,.,but i prefer pearl jam performance for the holiday single
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • that was fun,i like it,.,but i prefer pearl jam performance for the holiday single

As always, very well put and non offensive to the sensitive. So, I respectful remove my previous comments from the court record and copy this as my appraisal of this recording if the author doesn't mind.
  • Wow. I take back my previous post in this thread about receiving the vinyl next August. It actually came today! I gave it a spin. I didn't particularly care for it, but that's just my opinion. I am glad it came on time for once however. That got me bringing out a few oldies to spin. Hawaii 78 and Sonic Reducer are still my favorite Holiday singles. I would prefer a new PJ improv or Cover or anything cool on the next one.
    "Music is the last true voice of the human spirit. It can go beyond language, beyond age, and beyond color straight to the mind and heart of all people." - Ben Harper
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    jeffbr wrote:

I'm sure he's still smirking knowing that he's played that same joke on all of the 10c members who were hoping for something cool with the hoiday singles this year. But ultimately the joke is on him since this silly B-Side is considerably more listenable that the "serious" effort contained on the A-Side.

Maybe, it's a double joke.... Pearl Jam, and especially Eddie are very self aware. And, they don't mind letting the fans in on it. I'm starting to warm up to the 2013 single the more I think/talk about it. Thank you.

Way over thinking this dude.

Ed is in his element with these rich crowds. Your posts make it seem like he is above all of it and just doin it for the money. Check out his new years picture with Sean Penn, or his endless name dropping at concerts. 1992 Eddie, and even 2003 Eddie are long gone. Ed is still awesome as is the rest of the band, but they have gone soft to say the least.
  • wvueers1wvueers1 Phoenix, AZ Posts: 61
    She kept that kiss on Ed's cheek lingering for pretty long........I don't blame her! :oops: :lol:

She certainly wanted to leave an impact. lol

Very nice performance though. She did great.
    Fan since the beginning, but 1st PJ concert ever -- Phoenix, AZ 11-19-13

Love boat captain
    Take the reigns,.. steer us towards the clear.

M.Y.T.H. is
    Belief in the game controls that keeps us in a box of fear

tumblr_mtr7i1ZXuo1r0d33so1_400.gif