Grand Rapids 2004
Grand Rapids 2006
Detroit 2006

Don't Call Me Edmund
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    cool review
    was 11,000 the capacity of the grand rapids stadium they played at?
    Wave came crashing...
  • Options
    DarkStarDarkStar Posts: 734
    cool review
    was 11,000 the capacity of the grand rapids stadium they played at?

yes...i believe (other than the ed sullivan theater and irving plaza shows) that GR/Van Andel is the smallest venue on the US tour.

ds
    And no one sings me lullabyes
    And no one makes me close my eyes
    So I throw the windows wide
    And call to you across the sky....
  • Options
    Bird888Bird888 Posts: 99
    DarkStar wrote:
    yes...i believe (other than the ed sullivan theater and irving plaza shows) that GR/Van Andel is the smallest venue on the US tour.

ds

I think the Santa Barbara venue is only 4,000 seats and SF only holds 7,500.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to
    slide in sideways, BBQ sandwich in one hand, cold beer in the other,
    body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "Woo Hoo what a
    ride" ! Unknown

• Options
    Sexy2aFaultSexy2aFault Posts: 388
    I think the review is dead on. They should windle down the slower numbers in the first encore to 3 instead of 5. And "Sleight of Hand"...... I am not sure about, "Wishlist" may have fit better here. Other than that "nitpick" how can you complain? GR Free Press apparently could not find any reason either. The Crowd seemed pretty good to me.
  • Options
    I think the review is dead on. They should windle down the slower numbers in the first encore to 3 instead of 5. And "Sleight of Hand"...... I am not sure about, "Wishlist" may have fit better here. Other than that "nitpick" how can you complain? GR Free Press apparently could not find any reason either. The Crowd seemed pretty good to me.

I also have to agree with him that the use of lasers in kinda silly...I found myself not minding them sometimes, then completely hating them other times...I'd rather the lighting from last year though
    03: Toronto
    04: Toledo
    05: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto, Quebec City, St. John's 1 & 2
    06: Toronto 1 & 2, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati
    07: London, Dusseldorf
    08: Tampa
  • Options
    DieasGreyDieasGrey Posts: 124
    Eh i think they did need to slow it down there in the first encore. I mean hell they fucking rocked the first set then fucking rocked the 3rd encore. I loved the 2nd encore except hate around the bend but it gave me a chance to piss.
    No one is Righteous.......
  • Options
    Sexy2aFaultSexy2aFault Posts: 388
    DieasGrey wrote:
    Eh i think they did need to slow it down there in the first encore. I mean hell they fucking rocked the first set then fucking rocked the 3rd encore. I loved the 2nd encore except hate around the bend but it gave me a chance to piss.

I am glad people enjoyed the first encore, I enjoyed Parting Ways, it just seem to be too long without a change of pace I know what you mean about the change of pace, I guess I forget the band probably needs to slow it down...When they have GA at a show I usually enjoy it when a band does this, For my own personal taste during a seated show I do not need it though.

Still a great show, I enjoyed more than the two Detroit shows I seen in 98 and 2000.
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    DarkStar wrote:

ds

if you are counting the US Ed sullivan and IrvingPlaza shows then London Astoria holds 1600 max!!
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.