"Jesus was a white man too"

Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
edited December 2013 in A Moving Train
Fox news never ceases to amaze me. In a debate on weather or not Santa should be considered white, Megan Kelly said "Jesus is considered to be a white man too." She was serious as a heart attack!

I have two questions: How many "white men" were born in the first century in the middle east?
and for the Christians in the crowd:
Do you consider Jesus a white man?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• He's a WMA.
  • Fox news never ceases to amaze me. In a debate on weather or not Santa should be considered white, Megan Kelly said "Jesus is considered to be a white man too." She was serious as a heart attack!

I have two questions: How many "white men" were born in the first century in the middle east?

The really holy and magical men were white people born in the first century in the middle east... I think.

Jesus is a white man because look at all the pictures that show he's white.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,129
    i have always wanted to know how jesus, wondering around the middle east, found men named, andrew, james, john, peter, etc... those names do not sound like what i would imagine.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    Jesus and Santa had a lot more in common than just being white.
    They were both very generous, and suffered the little children to come unto them.
    And they will both live forever...
    In lore, that is....because they're both man-made fairy tales.
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    They were both very generous, and suffered the little children to come unto them.
    I do believe that Jesus was a real person that existed at the time. I don't believe he could have been a white man. I also don't believe he was the son of god.
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    Megan Kelly said "Jesus is considered to be a white man too."

She's right. Jesus is considered to be a white man by the majority of people in the West. Nothing controversial there.
    Just take a look at any of the many representations of him, and you'll see a blue-eyed white man.

The way I look at it, if you're gonna invent a fictional character like Jesus, then why shouldn't you have the freedom to describe him anyway you like? I mean, if they painted him as looking like an androgynous albino Aboriginal Australian, suffering from hirsutism (excessive hairiness), and so looking like a monkey from outer space, I wouldn't give a toss.

Though as I've said before, I do find it strange that Americans in the 21st Century choose to base their belief's about the World on a quirky 2000 year old Middle Eastern Cult.
    I suppose some people will do anything to avoid acknowledging the World around them, and the Earth under their feet.
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    I do believe that Jesus was a real person that existed at the time. I don't believe he could have been a white man. I also don't believe he was the son of god.

Careful Last-12-Exit, Muslims believe those thoughts too. You dnt want to be considered a Muslim now would ya? 8-):lol:
  • Jesus and Santa had a lot more in common than just being white.

Was Moses real?

I so badly want to believe that parting the sea story.

Although, one thing I can't get my head around is this: when he parted the sea... wouldn't the sea floor be all muddy? How did everyone get across so quickly hip deep in mud? Did he make the sea floor like a cement path and then quickly change it back to normal after they had crossed?

Why can't someone nowadays do something really awesome like that? Why was all the awesomeness saved for the people back then? Surely we can bear witness to a miracle or two every century or so... can't we?

Was Moses real?

Although, one thing I can't get my head around is this: when he parted the sea... wouldn't the sea floor be all muddy? How did everyone get across so quickly hip deep in mud? Did he make the sea floor like a cement path and then quickly change it back to normal after they had crossed?

Why can't someone nowadays do something really awesome like that? Why was all the awesomeness saved for the people back then? Surely we can bear witness to a miracle or two every century or so... can't we?

You mean David Blaine's shit ain't real?
  • Byrnzie wrote:

Was Moses real?

I stand corrected. We do get our miracles. But let's be honest... they're not near as awesome as the miracles those folks that wrote the bible got. Pisses me off.
    Byrnzie wrote:

Was Moses real?

I stand corrected. We do get our miracles. But let's be honest... they're not near as awesome as the miracles those folks that wrote the bible got. Pisses me off.

Though they didn't have t.v or computers back then, so we can't really deny them their miracles.
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    That anyone would assume they know the ethnicity of someone who's looks have never been described anywhere- that is amusing! On the other hand, Megan Kelly is a news anchor for Fox News so she must be correct... right?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• brianlux wrote:
    That anyone would assume they know the ethnicity of someone who's looks have never been described anywhere- that is amusing! On the other hand, Megan Kelly is a news anchor for Fox News so she must be correct... right?

Brian...

While the OP and everybody else likely appreciates the effort to get the thread back on track... for the moment, some would like to talk about awesome miracles and how frequent and grandiose they were back then compared to the teeny weeny ones we see by Chris Angel today.
  • CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    The main reason why Jesus is seens as white is probably due to the images painted of Him... by artists in Europe. Those are the images we typically convey when the name of Jesus is menationed, right? Images from those painters who imagined Him as one of them, not a Jew.
    And remember, throughout the history of Western Civilization, Jews were considered lesser beings. That is also why images of Satan takes on exagerated physical characteristics of Jews.
    The real Jesus (and yes, I do believe He lived... as a Man, not a Saviour) was a Jew. His death was after His disruptions at the Passover celebrations.
    When Western Culture (Rome) adopted Christianity at its state religion... it adopted a lot more and cultivated the beloved Pagan Rituals into its religion. That is why we celebrate the birth of Christ around the Winter Solstice... to use the ancient Yule celebrations to celebrate the birth of Christ.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
    P.S. What about St. Nick's companion, Krampus?
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • all fictional characters created before the last 50 years have been white.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Don't take the Christ out of Christmas!

I used to hit up Jesus for my dope when I was living in Mexico. Sweet guy he was.

The poison from the poison stream caught up to you ELEVEN years ago and you floated out of here. Sept. 14, 08

• Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    Fox news never ceases to amaze me. In a debate on weather or not Santa should be considered white, Megan Kelly said "Jesus is considered to be a white man too." She was serious as a heart attack!

no ! he is the son God,but yeah how many white people were born in the middle east in the first century :lol:
    that being said..I dated a gal from Telaveve..(spelling blunder) back in the 80's and in aperance she looked white as me but no I never thought Jesus was white.

Godfather.
  • THE LOOKTHE LOOK Posts: 324
    I believe in Jesus! I don't believe that he looked like Brad Pitt with long hair!
    Bigfoot is blurry.
    - Mitch Hedberg
    Don't take the Christ out of Christmas!

I used to hit up Jesus for my dope when I was living in Mexico. Sweet guy he was.
    And the modern image of Santa Claus comes from the 'Night Before Christmas' in the 1800s... in America. Of course, Santa Claus is white... and so was Sinterklaas.
    Hail, Hail!!!
    THE LOOK wrote:
    I believe in Jesus! I don't believe that he looked like Brad Pitt with long hair!

:lol::lol::lol: awesome ! Brad Pitt :lol:
    someday we will know what he looks like and till then we wait.

Godfather.
    I can tollerate the non belivers comments about Jesus but......no Santa you guy's are going to far. :o

Godfather.
  • Was Moses real?

I just started reading the Bible, out of curiosity (I'm agnostic), and was surprised after reading Exodus that there is no archeological evidence of the Jews being in Egypt. Sorry to link to wikipedia, but I'm at work so I don't have the time to find a better source :lol:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Exodus

To the OP's point, I thought he had to be white because...can non-white people be hippies?
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Megan Kelly said "Jesus is considered to be a white man too."

She's right. Jesus is considered to be a white man by the majority of people in the West. Nothing controversial there.
    Just take a look at any of the many representations of him, and you'll see a blue-eyed white man.

The way I look at it, if you're gonna invent a fictional character like Jesus, then why shouldn't you have the freedom to describe him anyway you like? I mean, if they painted him as looking like an androgynous albino Aboriginal Australian, suffering from hirsutism (excessive hairiness), and so looking like a monkey from outer space, I wouldn't give a toss.

Though as I've said before, I do find it strange that Americans in the 21st Century choose to base their belief's about the World on a quirky 2000 year old Middle Eastern Cult.
    I suppose some people will do anything to avoid acknowledging the World around them, and the Earth under their feet.

You make a good point about how Jesus is considered. I suppose it was the way she said it. And I thought of the black people I know who have little statues of a black Jesus. I wonder if the black people in her audience were offended.
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LV_9ch2kQ3c

Here's the video of what she said. She says Jesus is white around the 1:45 mark.
    I didn't quote her correctly. She didn't say considered. I felt her attitude during the whole segment was smug.
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    Do you think Jesus ever did the "pull my finger" trick with the disciples?

http://www.popularmechanics.com/science ... cs/1282186
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    my jesus & santa are both dark skinned women
    all sortsa goddesses all the time
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Don't take the Christ out of Christmas!

I went to school and played soccer in so-cal with Jesus. Man could he play soccer back then 8-)
  • jethrojam420jethrojam420 Foxborough MA Posts: 1,075
    8 year olds dude.
    8/29/00*5/2/03*7/2/03*7/3/03*7/11/03*9/28/04*5/24/06*6/28/08*5/15/10*5/17/10* 10/16/13*10/25/13* 4/28/16*4/28/16*8/5/16*8/7/16 EV 6/15/11 Brad 10/27/02
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    I put this on the board a few years back, but I would like to share again..

I dont remember it word for word like I did back then (I posted just minutes after the person left)

a customer comes into my work and after business is discussed, this happens..

Customer: "ya know, you look like Jesus"
    Me: (laughing) "i guess i do"
    Customer: "did you try to look like Jesus?"
    Me: "No. but, we dont really know what Jesus actually looked like"
    Customer: "What do you mean?"
    Me: " I mean there is really no way to know what he actually looked like"
    Customer: (looking at me like I am crazy) " yes there is! look at all the pictures"
    Me: "oh......sorry, I forgot"
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13