Options

Does the band actually see song requests on this forum?

KK113728KK113728 Posts: 23
edited December 2013 in Given To Fly (live)
It's hard to imagine they do much of anything between shows besides R&R.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,151
    yes..they get inform about everything has to do with that
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,796
    They are probably told the ones that really take off. Like the ones with hundreds to thousands of responses and that are meaningful.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR A SINGLE TICKET TO MSG NIGHT 2

• Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    I hope they do :shifty:

Please give our thread for the lovers a little bump while we're on our way to Seattle :wave: It doesn't have tons of responses, but it's meaningful nevertheless :D
  • Options
    bosshogg18bosshogg18 Tacoma, WA Posts: 1,082
    I want to say yes. I had been to 25 shows at tbe time and had never hear Smile. I started a post that I wanted to hear Smile for my fiance (now my wife) in Vancouver in 2011. The post took off. Low and behold they played Smile. I also have not heard it live since.
  • Options
    I want to say yes. I had been to 25 shows at tbe time and had never hear Smile. I started a post that I wanted to hear Smile for my fiance (now my wife) in Vancouver in 2011. The post took off. Low and behold they played Smile. I also have not heard it live since.
  • Options
  • Options
    GivenToJam88GivenToJam88 NJ Posts: 1,187
    We get it bosshog :D
    2006: 5/28
    2008: 6/19, 6/24, 6/25
    2009: 6/14 (EV), 10/27, 10/28
    2010: 5/17
    2011: 6/21 (EV), 6/22 (EV), 9/11, 9/12
    2012: 9/2
    2013: 10/15, 10/16, 10/19, 10/21, 10/22, 10/27, 11/23, 11/24
    2014: 10/19
    2016: 5/1, 5/2, 5/8
    2018: 8/20, 9/2, 9/4
  • Options
    DivkaDivka Posts: 196
    They are at least kept informed. Case in point, the request for Come Back at Wrigley
    When the stars exploded billions of years ago, they formed everything that is this world. Everything we know is stardust...
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    i think ed said in london that he checked the board for requests
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    shortstack wrote:
    I think he used to post in the PUI thread
  • Options
    LloydXmas wrote:
    shortstack wrote:
    I think he used to post in the PUI thread

i knew it!
  • Options
    I don't why that posted 3 times. I only hit submit once.
  • Options
  • Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    bosshogg18 wrote:
    :lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    bosshogg18 wrote:
    Me too.i hit it once.. and look where im now :P ;):mrgreen:
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    up
  • Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 3,996
    Yes, my sig is proof of it!
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    OceanInDisguise13OceanInDisguise13 Behind the sun Posts: 919
    Yes...I put a request for wishlist in a thread & got it in Baltimore, my 1st show of the tour..my husband & I could swear he said my name faintly before it played but have to wait for the bootleg to confirm...either way it was great to hear it.
    I wish I was an alien at home behind the sun.....
    I wanna race..with the sundown..I want a last breath..I don't let out...
  • Options
    In 2006 at a charity event before the show in Portland I handed Mike paper with 3 songs on it. The next show (Gorge night 1) they opened with a song on that list (Wash).

Mike, if you are reading this one of the other songs was TREMOR CHRIST. Please and thank you :mrgreen:
  • Options
    love me some live tremor christ!
  • Options
    Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,977
    I'm a believer. SLC 09 opener.
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Options
    Yes. Posted a request to play Untitled on 11/26 in Oakland. Even though I wouldn't be there, In honor of my 10th anniversary, since our first dance was the untitled from Oklahoma City 2003. Also posted a link to my Facebook page with video of said first dance and another video of the highlights set to Smile. Not only did they play untitled, but Ed says during the intro "there's someone out there that this is very important to". Then he changes up the lyrics a bit. Instead of "I don't blame them from my room" it's "we got out of our rooms, 10 years ago..." And "I can be there in, yeah say it, 10 minutes or so..." Then later in the show they played smile and while saying it was a request from a guy up front, he says "we've gotten a lot of good requests lately"
  • Options
    yay, ed
  • Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 3,996
    Yes. Posted a request to play Untitled on 11/26 in Oakland. Even though I wouldn't be there, In honor of my 10th anniversary, since our first dance was the untitled from Oklahoma City 2003. Also posted a link to my Facebook page with video of said first dance and another video of the highlights set to Smile. Not only did they play untitled, but Ed says during the intro "there's someone out there that this is very important to". Then he changes up the lyrics a bit. Instead of "I don't blame them from my room" it's "we got out of our rooms, 10 years ago..." And "I can be there in, yeah say it, 10 minutes or so..." Then later in the show they played smile and while saying it was a request from a guy up front, he says "we've gotten a lot of good requests lately"

Awesome story!
    What other band does this?
    I'm going to look for that when the boot gets released!
    Congrats man!
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    so so awesome!!!!congrats!!!
  • Options
    :fp: missed my request by a few shows...broke my heart!!
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    acharding wrote:

In your case, they saw your request and removed the song from the setlist. :P :D:lol: Thanks, a lot :wink:
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    Better Dan wrote:
    acharding wrote:

In your case, they saw your request and removed the song from the setlist. :P :D:lol: Thanks, a lot :wink:

lies...it was not marked off...they just didn't do it at the right show!
  • Options
    Aaron 23Aaron 23 Allen, TX Posts: 528
    I'm a believer. SLC 09 opener.
    ^ what he said

It was awesome when they opened with that song. The friends I went with and I were talking about that just before the show.
  • Options
    acharding wrote:
    :fp: :lol: