Options

Based on setlists alone, the top 3 of 2013 tour are...

JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
edited December 2013 in Given To Fly (live)
Are which 3 for you?

For me, because I love the combo of amazing PJ song selection and surprise/different covers... plus some of my own personal favorites, the top 3 are:

1. Charlottesville
2. Spokane
3. Those last 2 are so mindblowing, I don't have a 3 :D

How bout you?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    1. San Diego
    2. Charlottesville
    3. Phoenix
  • Options
    1) Portland (I was there so I'm biased)
    2) Charlottesville
    3) Baltimore
    Is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?
  • Options
    1. San Diego
    2. Charlottesville
    3. Phoenix

Yep. I'd have Phoenix #1, but those were the best 3
    1995: San Francisco, San Diego
    2000: Phoenix
    2008: Camden 2
    2009: San Diego, Philly 1, Philly 2
    2010: MSG 1, MSG 2
    2011: Alpine 1, Alpine 2
    2012: Missoula
    2013: Wrigley, Phoenix, San Diego, LA1, LA2, Oakland
    2014: Denver
    2016: MSG1, MSG2, Fenway 1, Fenway 2
    2018: Fenway 1
  • Options
    based on having been to only charlottesville and charlotte this year (but having seen around 60ish shows) i can tell you that the vibe, flow, and overall feel of Charlottesville was top 5 of all time, for me, easy.

Its been a long time since i was at a show where the overall flow and vibe of a show was as pristine and uninterrupted as Charlottesville. It was one for the ages. [and I was at State College, Spectrum Close 3&4, Spectrum '03, MSG '03, etc etc]

That being said, again, it was one of only two shows I saw this year.
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Options
    based on having been to only charlottesville and charlotte this year (but having seen around 60ish shows) i can tell you that the vibe, flow, and overall feel of Charlottesville was top 5 of all time, for me, easy.

Its been a long time since i was at a show where the overall flow and vibe of a show was as pristine and uninterrupted as Charlottesville. It was one for the ages. [and I was at State College, Spectrum Close 3&4, Spectrum '03, MSG '03, etc etc]

I was at C'ville too, but I'm asking based solely on the setlist. I know everything you say to be true about C'ville... but if you can, try to think JUST about the setlist... what are your top 3?
  • Options
    JH6056 wrote:

I was at C'ville too, but I'm asking based solely on the setlist. I know everything you say to be true about C'ville... but if you can, try to think JUST about the setlist... what are your top 3?

1. Charlottesville
    2. Brooklyn II (the amount of hard stuff played, songs 6-9, whipping in to blood)
    3. Seattle (Let Me Sleep, Garden in to Getaway, Let The Records Play in to Spin The Black)
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Options
    JTHJTH Chicago Posts: 3,238
    Do Wrigley & London count? What about the South American shows?
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    1.San Diego
    2.Spokane
    3.Charlottesville

I start this thread a few days ago,same topic,if u intrested to read more members thought posted already
    viewtopic.php?f=4&t=226539&hilit=+Phoenix
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    1.San Diego
    2.Spokane
    3.Charlottesville

I start this thread a few days ago,same topic,if u intrested to read more members thought posted already

Sorry Dimitris, I am ADD, didn't go far enough back to see if there was a similar thread! Everyone, feel free to let this one go... I'm off to read that one. :D
  • Options
    JTH wrote:
    Do Wrigley & London count? What about the South American shows?

Sure, 2013 is 2013, they count. Feel free to rank in Dimi's thread that he links to below. :)
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    JH6056 wrote:
    1.San Diego
    2.Spokane
    3.Charlottesville

Sorry Dimitris, I am ADD, didn't go far enough back to see if there was a similar thread! Everyone, feel free to let this one go... I'm off to read that one. :D
    oh,no pro here..just thought u want to see what others think-posted already..i love threads about music and people thoughts,,no pro if there are alot of them..
    bitching threads is the ones we dont need
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    jp307677jp307677 Boston Posts: 415
    3 is not enough...these are my must haves:
    Worcester #1
    Charlottesville
    LA #2
    Oklahoma City
    Spokane, WA