Options

Bootleg downloads: Album Name Issue

LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
edited December 2013 in The Porch
Why would they break down the bootleg downloads into discs instead of one album title? Now if I change the name to 2013/10/15 is it going to fuck up the order?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    FUCK IT DID. MOTHER FUCKER
  • Options
    There's an option in itunes (under album info) to set the number of discs. If you set the first disc as 1 of 2 and the second as 2 of 2 you can name the whole album the same and keep them in order.
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    :fp:

renumber all the songs before changing the title on all of the songs

or do what that guy said (number the disks, then rename the album)
  • Options
    papa_pearls_jam.pj20papa_pearls_jam.pj20 Chicago USA Posts: 2,142
    Using iTunes, I always do this and it's worked for me...

After importing the album, right click on the first track, and select "Get Info". Next, left click on the "Info" tab to show the song's current information.

By keeping this box open, you can go to the "Next" song, or "Back" to the previous song, keeping the order until finished editing. If you do this you don't have to go back and revise the order. Also, a song you just edited won't jump to another place in your music library before you're finished with the album.

Change the name of the album to whatever you want, but I prefer to have my boots in sequential order. So, I called Worcester 1, "2013-10-15 Worcester, MA". I begin with first song, paste the new album name over the official bootleg name, then click the next button. iTunes jumps to the next song with the album title already highlighted.

I also delete the total number of the tracks in each disc, and also delete anything in Disc Number "blank" of "blank". In other words, only the specific track number is filled in for the Track Number.

Hope this helps Lloyd, or anyone else for that matter.

steve
    Posimists. Fuck the pessimists...fuck'em.
  • Options
    Very helpful. Have some organizing to do tomorrow. :geek: :)
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,735

After importing the album, right click on the first track, and select "Get Info". Next, left click on the "Info" tab to show the song's current information.

By keeping this box open, you can go to the "Next" song, or "Back" to the previous song, keeping the order until finished editing. If you do this you don't have to go back and revise the order. Also, a song you just edited won't jump to another place in your music library before you're finished with the album.

Change the name of the album to whatever you want, but I prefer to have my boots in sequential order. So, I called Worcester 1, "2013-10-15 Worcester, MA". I begin with first song, paste the new album name over the official bootleg name, then click the next button. iTunes jumps to the next song with the album title already highlighted.

I also delete the total number of the tracks in each disc, and also delete anything in Disc Number "blank" of "blank". In other words, only the specific track number is filled in for the Track Number.

steve

I can't believe I have never done it this way. The amount of time I have wasted organizing bootlegs in order in iTunes is insane. :fp: Thanks!
  • Options

steve

I can't believe I have never done it this way. The amount of time I have wasted organizing bootlegs in order in iTunes is insane. :fp: Thanks!
    :)
  • Options
    F5AgainstOneF5AgainstOne New Hampshire, USA Posts: 1,462

steve

:)
    Thats way too much work. You can highlight every song on disc 2, then do the "get info" thing. Change the album name for all of them at once. Make it disc 2 of 2. Repeat with disc 1 but make it disc 1 of 2.
    Now you have all songs appearing as one album, in tje correct order.
    EV Solo Boston 6/16/11
    East Troy 9/3/11
    East Troy 9/4/11
    Amsterdam 6/26/12
    Amsterdam 6/27/12
    Wrigley Field 7/19-20/13
    Worcester, MA 10/15/13
    Worcester, MA 10/16/13
    Hartford, CT 10/25/13
    Seattle, WA 12/06/13
    Denver, CO 10/22/14
    Fenway 2016 #1
    Fenway 2016 #2
    Fenway 2018 #1
    Fenway 2018 #2
  • Options
    Thats way too much work. You can highlight every song on disc 2, then do the "get info" thing. Change the album name for all of them at once. Make it disc 2 of 2. Repeat with disc 1 but make it disc 1 of 2.
    Now you have all songs appearing as one album, in tje correct order.
    Now, that's cool. I had no idea you could do multiple selections like that. Thanks a lot!
    :D:D:D:D:D