Options

So I was kind enough to offer my Spokane GA for face

GratefulJamGratefulJam Posts: 1,782
edited December 2013 in Given To Fly (live)
To a fellow board member.

Who never followed up and purchased the ticket, leaving me in a bind. I didn't want to sell it and then have them say I was running late.....

So now I have an expensive souvenir in my pocket and am wondering how long should I wait for an apology and some compensation before I call her OUT publicly? Normally. Would not be this pissed but I am bummed they left me hanging without time to sell the extra.
"thru extensive negotiations we managed to get the curfew moved back..... we still don't have any time to fu&k around...."

LA II 06, SB 06, SF III 06, Kokua 07 Ed and Jack, Grant Park 07, EV Berk1 & LA 1 (nice job 10c), 08 DC, MSG1 &2, VH1 rocks, EV Bos II, EV NYC I & II, Milwaukee, EV Maui, EV Hono I & II, Chicago 09 I & II, LA 09 I & II & IV, SD 09 (my girlfriend hit the lottery, best concert of my life 10C rocks)KC 2010, STL 2010, Hartford. Boston, and MSG I & II "who goes around skinning cats anyway", PJ 20 2011 , Portland, Spokane, Seattle LA 2013, Home Shows + Missoula (fatal 👌)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,967
    I'd say you've waited long enough. Out her before she does it to someone else.

Sorry man....that blows
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    In a world of cell phones, you should have just sold the ticket once they did not respond. Hindsight.
  • Options
    In a world of cell phones, you should have just sold the ticket once they did not respond. Hindsight.
    This.
  • Options
    You should have told them the ticket must be purchased at least 3 hours before the show .
    This would have left you plenty of time to sell it to somebody else
  • Options
    CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    Once you were in the venue, and it was to late to sell it outside, maybe you could have sold it to someone in RS that was dying to get in the pit? I would have tried..

But my heart goes out.. people can be very inconsiderate
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • Options
    FaezaMFaezaM Posts: 152
    Darn - that SUCKS for all parties involved. I'm pissed for all the poor souls stuck in seats that could've been rocking out in GA.

In the end: Karma man....Karma.
    Shows:
    Madison Square Garden, NYC, July 2003 (BEST Concert of ALL TIME)
    Oracle Arena, Oakland, CA, November 2013 (2nd BEST Concert of ALL TIME)
    ***Milan, IT, June 2014****
    ***Trieste, IT, June 2014***
    ***Berlin, DE, June 2014***
  • Options
    DJ253147DJ253147 Posts: 606
    I feel your pain. I booked my trip to Portland after making a deal for low # 10c res tix on Nov. 24 before travelling in from Vancouver, B.C. Texted him at 11:00 AM day of show,let him know we arrived in Portland the evening prior, all good is the reply just be at venue by 7:00. My wife and I walk out of the preparty at Kells where we'd had a great time, met some awesome fans as usual. Leave Kells on the way to the train to the venue notice a new text " Big mistake miscommunication with his friends etc.,bottom line is no tix to sell you". We felt like we'd been hit by a bus. Kept my cool sourced some tickets at the venue and had a great night but what thoughtless bullshit. I had my $156.00 with me and was commited to taking the tix where ever they were in the venue.
  • Options
    jrnycjrnyc Posts: 537
    That sucks OP as well as other posts. Bottom line with this is people are selfish and these deals can fall through. I have had this happen to me also. Unfortunately you need to watch out for yourself and set deal up in a way that if other person flakes you don't get burned. Out the person who did this to you.
  • Options
    PM sent
    "If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done."